Tata Tiago XZ 1.2 (P) Sunburst Orange: 24K Kms & Counting

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,
Its been a long time since i posted on TAI.
It all started one fine day in February 2016, when the ZICA was about to or to be launched. Somewhere in the back of mind, i thought we need a small hatch for the family.
One fine day, i visited one of the Tata dealership on the outer ring road Bangalore near my office, which had just started a dealership since January. A colleague and a friend of mine owns a Tata Nano.
Upon his insistence i visited a TATA showroom. Which i had never visited one all these years.
It was just a casual visit, and i had no intention to book the vehicle. But my colleague was giving me all the positive updates that it could be a VFM (then a ZICA - Zippy Car).
Then we were casually checking Zest and Bolt. Hoping to see a ZICA in flesh.

We left the dealership hoping to get a glimpse of ZICA.
Days progressed and on the fourth week of February, my colleague spotted the Zica being unloaded into the dealership somewhere in the morning.

We rushed to the dealership in the afternoon to get a glimpse of ZICA, but wait there was a surprise.
It was the time the ZIKA wanted ZICA to be renamed to something else.

That is when we were taken to the basement of dealership and we found a folk removing the name ZICA, as TATA was renaming ZICA and was holding a contest on twitter.

By the March 2nd week the prices were speculative, and i started getting calls from the Sales Advisor. I had still not made my mind whether to go for it.

Test Drive Observations (Purely Subjective):
On April 10th, me and colleague visited a dealership in Rajajinagar for TD.

Diesel TD: All the seats were occupied. We drove the diesel first and what I felt was diesel lacked power, the gear shifting was notchy. The pick up and power kicks in post 3200 RPM.

Petrol TD: After driving diesel i instantly wanted to drive the Petrol 1.2 litre engine. Wow!!! I was impressed with the pull it was providing with 5 people and AC. I liked the smooth gear shift. The pickup is great post 2200- 2600 RPM for petrol.

Finally on April 14th i booked the car at the lalbagh showroom Bangalore, which happens to be the main showroom.
The reason for booking late was, i did not wanted a old ZICA stock being delivered to me.
I liked only orange color in Tiago and booked it.
Waiting was communicated to me as 3 weeks. I was ok with 3 weeks waiting period.
Since i had booked Orange, the real waiting started.
I got several calls from Tata Motors to confirm the color and variant.
They took 1 and half months for vehicle allotment. And almost made 15 days delay for fixing PDI issues.
I would break my review into 3 parts:

• My PDI experience

115.JPG
  • My dealership experience

207.JPG
  • Followed by ownership experience

258.JPG

6th June 2016 (PDI):
I took off for the 2nd half of the day, and drove to the yard. The Tiago yard was located near Dasanpura near Nelamangala (Bangalore). Vehicle had arrived on 31st May. And the manufacturing date was 21st May 2016.
Had taken an exhaustive TAI PDI form.

Found few issues during initial PDI:
The rear glass panel had a flap missing from inside.
Side.jpeg

The front right bumper had paint peeled off, which caused the delay in delivery all the way upto 16th June.
Paint Peel.jpeg

The lethargic attitude from CRM in addressing the issues, caused the delay in delivery of vehicle.
image4.jpeg

16th June (Vehicle Delivery):
After so many escalations and follow up, my sales advisor had lost interest in delivering the vehicle.
It was a boring delivery experience from Prerana Motors (Lalbagh Main Dealer). They had least interest in delivering the vehicle, as i had asked them to deliver the vehicle on the first half of the day. When there usual delivery slot was late evening.
We reached dealership at 10:45 am, they made us wait for 45 minutes.
Vehicles 2nd PDI:
174.JPG

This was after vehicle was driven from Dasanpura stock yard to showroom.
173.JPG

After waiting for 45 minutes a chap wants me to sign all the documents in a hurry.
He was ticking all the options in front of me and wanted me to sign it.
I insisted him that i would sign and fill the feedback form post finishing the delivery.
This did not go well with the body language of sales adviser and chap collecting feedback form.
I had asked for accessories installation basic stuffs like mat and bumper corner and door protectors, which were done.
And i had asked for rear fog lamp, straight fit from the Zest.
I had inquired about this almost 2 weeks ago from the delivery, they affirmed that it was possible and i had paid for it.
Prior to this, i had sent them mails if this option is feasible and they did not respond.

On the day of delivery, once they handed me the key. I was bit surprised, the car was not spotless. It had dust marks on the rear bumper.

The tyres were not polished. Then since i had to complete the delivery formalities.
I then checked the rear fog lamp, it was not functional.[frustration]

The accesories guy from the dealership had fused it with the rear tail lamp.
And it was a extra load and the light kept failing. This was a red flag.

After all the permutation and combinations it did not work.

Later they removed the connection with the tail lamp and the rear fog lamp is now dummy.

The feedback form reflected the actual proceedings of the day.

By the time we left the dealership it was around 1.30 pm.

5 litres fuel coupon was provided, went to a BPCL bunk got the initial 5 litres filled.

Later headed straight to a shell bunk and got it filled with tankful fuel.

Ownership Experience:
On 16th evening, got the pooja done of the vehicle at Dodda Ganesha temple in Basavanagudi.

234.JPG

238.JPG

251.JPG

249.JPG

252.JPG

253.JPG

On 17th June i received a call from Prerana Service team, informing me about monsoon camp. I was bit surprised, whether i should be part of this camp.
I told them about the rear fog lamp issue which did not work during delivery.
They insisted i bring a day old Tiago to them. I will explain my visit over here in the coming days.

Summary was they could not solve the rear fog lamp issue, as Tata has not provided a provision for rear fog lamp switch. (strange)

Total on road price: 5,80,649/- + Insurance 10,836/- (Zero Depreciation) = 5,91,485/-

To be continued....

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Re: My Fantastico: Tata Tiago XZ 1.2 (P) Sunburst Orange

Note: Thread now live. Congrats Mukesh!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Wow congrats on tiago buy. Waiting to hear your experiences. Also please provide the feedback regarding dealer to Tata. I always believe these dealer's spoil their name.

Hi Mukesh,

You'll receive a feedback call from Tata, please highlight all these issues and rate the dealer below 5.

Hi Mukesh,

Congratulations on your new car. Wish you millions of happy miles ahead.

Hopefully Tata Motors takes corrective action against the dealer. Insurance seems to be on the lower side. Tata AIG and Royal Sundaram were quoting around 15K. Can you tell us which insurance provider?

Also, I remember you saying mileage you get is around 8-8.5 in bangalore traffic. That appears to be on the lower side :( I'm not obsessed about the mileage but would like to get a decent figure so I do not excessively burn my wallet. Would be interested to know at what mileage Tiago settles over time.

Thread Starter #7

Wow congrats on tiago buy. Waiting to hear your experiences. Also please provide the feedback regarding dealer to Tata. I always believe these dealer's spoil their name.
Thank you Akshay. I am yet to receive call from Tata motors on the delivery feedback.

Hi Mukesh,

You'll receive a feedback call from Tata, please highlight all these issues and rate the dealer below 5.
Yeah Puneet will rate them accordingly. I have taken a snap of the feedback form that i have filled.

Hi Mukesh,

Congratulations on your new car. Wish you millions of happy miles ahead.

Hopefully Tata Motors takes corrective action against the dealer. Insurance seems to be on the lower side. Tata AIG and Royal Sundaram were quoting around 15K. Can you tell us which insurance provider?

Also, I remember you saying mileage you get is around 8-8.5 in bangalore traffic. That appears to be on the lower side :( I'm not obsessed about the mileage but would like to get a decent figure so I do not excessively burn my wallet. Would be interested to know at what mileage Tiago settles over time.
Hi Rider44,
Thank you.
Yes, the mileage i have been quoting is tankful method and i am using petrol from Shell.
Insurance is from National Insurance. I have other policies with them.
So they gave me a very good quote. My bike (TB 350) insurance was renewed with them for 3 years.

congregation mukesh for your Tiago
Thank you Gajraj.

Thread Starter #8

Continuing with my PDI experience on 6th June:

Drove my hawk (Scorpio) all the way upto stock yard.
I reached the Dasanpura stockyard on the outskirts of Bangalore.
This stock yard comes near deviation to Nelamangala.

I was super excited since i got to see more than 30-40 Tiagos as on 6th June.

All the stocks had arrived on 31st May.

Its always good to do a PDI without informing the personnel, as you get to see the actual vehicle.

Had already decoded my VIN, near the seat there was a bar code which showed the actual manufactured date, it was manufactured on 21st May.

Hawk on a prowl to witness Tiagos.

1.JPG

Mine was the one in middle.
2.JPG

My Tiago [:)]
3.JPG

Left wheel Arch had tar marks. Yes the roads were newly laid, and they would have ripped the car[anger]
4.JPG

My bro inspecting Tiago as well.
5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

Watched Berry Red for the first time (XT) variant.
8.JPG

Only Berry Red XZ variant in that stock.
9.JPG

All were lined up for showroom delivery
10.JPG

11.JPG

My Tiago manufactured on 21st May 2016.[clap]
Tiago Manufactured date.JPG

11 kms on ODO, during PDI.
121.JPG

118.JPG

117.JPG

Checked the fit and finish of glove box. Ensure that no gaps are found.
The glove box releases slowly.
129.JPG

Cloth itself was dirty, that the cleaning introduced the water marks of cloth.
126.JPG

Colour differs beneath the doors. Not a defect these are welding joints as per the personnel.
132.JPG

Flap missing on rear left door during PDI
134.JPG

On my way back, NICE Road
158.JPG

My Hawk gliding on NICE road.
159.JPG

While doing the PDI take your own time and do it under bright sun.

Dont shy away in asking the queries, do not accept the product until the last defect is resolved. Always get things in writing.
I kept on reporting these incidents to the TATA customer care.

Defect found during PDI.
(Before)

113.JPG

During 2nd PDI, before delivery.
(After)

175.JPG

Last edited:

Congrats for the cutest and beautiful car..[clap]

Wish you millions of happy miles ahead [:)]

Congratulations Sir. I must say it is a great purchase.
I was with love in this car. The interior look so premium IMO.
I have test driven both Petrol and Diesel Tiago, though i find to be better. Maybe my driving experience must be blamed.

Congratulations for your latest acquisition :) Wish you millions of happy Miles with your Tiago.

congrats and happy mile with this new Indigenous beauty[:)]

Please share your ownership experience soon. we are waiting[glasses]

Thread Starter #15

Congrats for the cutest and beautiful car..[clap]

Wish you millions of happy miles ahead
Thank you appu for the wishes. [:)]

Congratulations Sir. I must say it is a great purchase.
I was with love in this car. The interior look so premium IMO.
I have test driven both Petrol and Diesel Tiago, though i find to be better. Maybe my driving experience must be blamed.
Thank you Gautam. I am no sir.

Congrats on your tiago, a well executed PDI, happy motoring
Regards
Vinod
Thank you Vinod.

Congratulations for your latest acquisition :) Wish you millions of happy Miles with your Tiago.
Thank you petrolhead.

congrats and happy mile with this new Indigenous beauty

Please share your ownership experience soon. we are waiting[glasses]
Thank you Kasscon. Before my ownership experience, i would provide the monsoon camp experience with a day old car.

congrats for your tiago and wish you many happy and trouble free miles
Thank you Joni.

Top Bottom