Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Long Term Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Dear Fellow TAIgers,

This post is a layman’s observation of driving around his Tiago for about 15 days/1000 KM. I am no good at writing so included several pictures save you from boredom. Looking forward to your comments and critics. Thanks!

Background

I am one of those IT guys who spent a few years abroad (you guessed it right, USA) and returned home earlier this year. One of the necessities after living a relatively luxurious life abroad is “car” and in my case I also wanted it to be safe to drive around, because:
  • I am a new dad and obviously (over)concerned about my baby’s safety.
  • I got used to driving disciplines of the west and nervous of our roads/drivers.
With this in mind, I had my requirements sorted out:
  • Strong structural body that can withstand accidents.
  • Airbags are a must (at least driver side).
  • Budget 5L (max 6L)
  • Comfortable rear seating as my baby and wife will be seated behind most of the time.
  • Nice to have: Decent ICE with steering mounted controls (I change songs/volume often).

The Search

With safety on top priority, I started my search with the Japanese car makers Honda and Toyota (I owned a Civic sedan back in the States). Test drove the all new Jazz and instantly fell in love with it. Then came my second priority - a budget of 5L. The pricing sheet of Jazz SV was slapped on my face and made me walk away with disappointment. Didn’t bother TD’ing other cars as almost all of them were missing one or the other requirements of mine under 5L budget. Safety comes at a premium in our market!

While at this confused state, a friend of mine sent the official review links of Tiago and sat down with me discussing all its good stuff (pricing was not announced back then). I wasn’t impressed with the car just because it was a Tata and for some reason it resembled Indica to me. Slowly my negative bias towards Tata faded away as I read through all the good reviews and TD feedback on forums. Shortly after that, Tiago’s official launch announced the stunning price tag.

We visited a Tata dealership at Coimbatore and found 4 Tiago’s on display. Test drove and realized all those good stuff were actually true and honest. So I went ahead and booked Petrol XZ variant on 20-Apr-2016 with a 4 week waiting period. I made up my mind to accept the risks involved in brand new engine and possible niggles with first few production batches, needless to say Tata’s ASS.

A quick note on other cars I had researched (didn’t TD any of them though):
  • Toyota Etios Liva: So-so looks and interiors. Out of my league on budget.
  • VW Polo: Emissions scandal.
  • Maruti Swift: Poor VFM and safety features. Tight rear seat experience and unusable boot.
  • Maruti Celerio: Considered only because of its AMT transmission.
  • Mahindra KUV100: No comments!
  • Renault Kwid: Didn’t bother as it had 6+ months waiting period.
  • Hyundai Grand i10: Expensive. Boring interior design IMO.
  • Ford Figo: Poor reviews on Petrol engine and arguable build quality in facelift.

PDI & Delivery

My restless wait continued while I was following Tiago news and updates on various forums/news sources. That’s when I joined TAI and also made friends with some nice people on the Tiago WhatsApp group.

My car had arrived at dealer’s stockyard on 24-May and I did a quick PDI on 28-May. Everything looked good with very minor issues (PDI Link). Wrote them a check for balance amount to proceed with temp registration and finalized delivery on 2-Jun-2016.

On the day of delivery, I visited the showroom with my family, signed the paperwork and listened to boring explanations by the CRM person. We were running out of “good” time to take the car to a nearby temple for pooja.

• To our surprise, they had arranged for ribbon cutting ceremony:
20160602_113740.jpg
  • The sales team surprised us by showing up in blazers for the ceremony!
20160602_114137.jpg
  • Official pooja:
20160602_114240.jpg
  • Sales manager handed over keys along with a flower bouquet and sweets packet. We shared our sweets with them and presented token gifts to my SA’s (I had to deal with 2 of them):
20160602_114843.jpg

• We happily drove home our brand new Tiago [:D]:
20160602_115126.jpg

Dealership Experience (SRT Tata, Coimbatore):

Overall, dealership experience was decent. They had the most cars on display and were constantly showcasing their mods to promote sales. My SA’s were courteous amidst hot discussions back and forth on advance part-payment for allotment and handling charges (which I lost to them in lieu of RTO fees of 3K for temp registration). They were open to purchasing outside insurance too. I bought from Royal Sundaram for 16.5K vs their quote of 23.5K from New India. Also they didn’t have the EW and AMC booklets from TML during delivery.

Cost Split Up:

Cost Split Up.JPG

-----------------------------------
Links/Updates:

Thread Starter #2
Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Ownership Review - Second Service Update ~7500KM

Initial Impressions:

Exterior:
  • I have grown to like the squat look of Tiago when looked at an angle from behind.

• Being one of the few Tiagos in my city, heads turn and I am poked for on-road price, mileage etc. Gratified!

• Orange paint appears to have two shades (at least to my eyes) in daylight.

• The turn indicators flashes once for unlock and twice for lock. Not sure if this is the convention in our country. I am used to the opposite. No audible confirmation for successful lock/unlock though.

• Didn't notice tail lamps at night for a few days until my dad drove it. I always though the entire red piece would glow but this is a pleasant surprise:
Initial-Impressions-1.jpg

• Rear mud flaps appears do not cover the wheel fully (not sure if this is by design):
Initial-Impressions-2.jpg

• Front flaps are wide enough:
Initial-Impressions-3.jpg

More pictures in this post: Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Long Term Ownership Review
Interior:

• Piano black door handles are my favorite. They are placed at the best possible position for me to hold on to. At times I end up holding it even while driving:
Initial-Impressions-4.jpg

• Comfy seats and rear leg room is sufficient for my needs.

• No LATCH/ISOFIX anchors as well as manual locking retractor in seat belts (for child seat installation). I ended up using a locking clip that came with my car seat.

• Dashboard design is crisp, clean and feels premium. Horn pad could be a little wider to be able to use my right thumb:
Initial-Impressions-5.jpg

• Instrument Console is neat and lets you adjust brightness:
Initial-Impressions-6.jpg

• Center AC vents can be fully shut but not corner ones.

• Headlight leveler has a good range. Noticed shortest throw is at 3 and longest throw at 0 setting. Looks inverted to me. Experts?

• There are two clock displays – one on MID and the other on Harman.

• There is a black box in passenger foot well area and I hurt my leg once:
Initial-Impressions-7.jpg

Harman ICE:

• Harman is awesome and is neatly integrated with vehicla electronics – rear parking system, phone call handling, Navimaps, follow-me-home lamps, to name a few:
Initial-Impressions-8.jpg
  • All the (illuminated) buttons are well laid out. I like the neat fonts on the buttons and display:
Initial-Impressions-9.jpg
  • The system is smart enough to remember last played song and time even after removing USB drive for a few hours to charge my cell phone.

• Steering mounted controls covers all the basics: Accept/Reject calls, Mute, Change folders/tracks, Change volume, Change music source. No fast forward/rewind though:
Initial-Impressions-10.jpg

Thread Starter #3
Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Ownership Review - Second Service Update ~7500KM

• Navimaps: Premium features of Navimaps unlocked for up to 4 android devices but only 4 map updates are free (max 2 years, assuming new map updates released every 6 months).

• Navimaps: I personally prefer Google Maps over Navimaps because the latter does not read out street names during navigation.

• High Frequencies on the higher side even at zero Treble (range -10 to +10). At times I go negative to suit my taste. Treble lovers will enjoy it.

• The system is capable of loud volumes which makes door trims vibrate/rattle at full bass. I may have try out a Dampening DIY project down the line.

• There is a rectangular glossy area which appears to be an IR receiver but I could not get it to work with my phone’s IR blaster (tried Harman DVD player and BluRay player as devices). EDIT: Purchased the OEM remote control from TASC during second service.

Engine and Drivability:

• Engine is eager to revv high and the pickup is decent for normal driving (between peppy and sedate). Can’t wait to reach higher RPMs after the run-in ODO of 1500.
  • Vibes are noticeable during low/idle RPMs and the gear stick vibrates at times too. This is inconsistent/subjective based on feedback from owners on the WhatsApp group.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJYapwKWgBA
  • NVH is decent up to 70kmph and folks like me will enjoy the engine note inside the cabin.
  • I am no expert in steering and suspension but can vouch for the comfort they provide.
  • FE – Did 2 full tank testing and got close to 14kmpl in city mode, mixed driving and AC for 80% of the drive. This is just an observation as I am only around 1000 KM on the ODO.
  • Transmission isn’t the best but does the job. I can feel mechanical parts’ action in my palm at some gear shifts. Coming from auto transmission, I am yet to master perfect gear shifts.
  • There is a soft chime at about 20kmph when driver's seat belt is not buckled. If seat belt is not buckled for a couple more minutes, this soft chime becomes a louder warning chime as if the car is swearing at the driver. [clap]

Some Niggles:

Most of these are minor and not deal breakers for me.

• Front left door isn’t aligned properly with the body panel and it appears as if it’s not fully shut:

05_02.jpg
  • Often, reverse gear is stuck half way and I end up with a “trrrrrrrr” sound while throttling. Hopefully it didn’t break anything under the hood. I am very cautious these days to ensure complete slotting.
  • Rear parcel tray holder had popped out of its slot (found during PDI and fixed but popped out again). I guess something broke with its locking mechanism that needs replaced:

05_01.jpg

Accessories on Board:

• The Basics: Got the mud flaps and rubber mats for free (as a result of my lost negotiation for handling charges)
  • No-Name Noodle Mats: Got it done at a décor shop in town for 2.4K (3M quoted me 6K).

06_02.jpg
  • Jopasu Car Duster: Quick dust removal tool and I love it! (Link)
  • Car Wash Accessories: Ordered these online for my manual car wash cycles:
    • Armor All Wash n Wax(Link)
    • 3M glass cleaner (Link)
    • Jopasu micro fiber cloths and magic wipe (Came with a combo pack but can be purchased separately)

Accessories on Waitlist:

• Seat Covers: I feel Tiago doesn’t need seat covers unless you are at a high risk of food/liquid spills in the car (read kids).
  • Tata OEM covers (full art leather & fabric mixed) looks and feels good at 6.5 to 7K. Enquired some décor shops and none of them have Tiago’s covers yet. Custom fit covers are estimated above 8K for art leather.

06_01.jpg
  • Vinyls: Our friends DJ bro and rythmicdias have already shared lots of creative PhotoShop designs in Tiago WhatsApp group. Definitely will add some vinyls once orange Tiago becomes common in my city.
  • Dash Cam: Using A118C stealth cam.

Closing Notes:
I am quite happy with my decision to purchase Tiago and feel safer driving around with family. Buckle up and Drive safe!

Re: Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Review

Congrats on your new car! [clap]

You chose a very nice color. The car is really VFM. Tata has really worked hard on Tiago. FE will improve post service. For the reverse gear issue, slot it in the first gear before slotting it in reverse gear.

Dear Fellow TAIgers,
This post is a layman’s observation of driving around his Tiago for about 15 days/1000 KM. I am no good at writing so included several pictures save you from boredom. Looking forward to your comments and critics. Thanks!

Background
I am one of those IT guys who spent a few years abroad (you guessed it right, USA) and returned home earlier this year. One of the necessities after living a relatively luxurious life abroad is “car” and in my case I also wanted it to be safe to drive around, because:
  • I am a new dad and obviously (over)concerned about my baby’s safety.
  • I got used to driving disciplines of the west and nervous of our roads/drivers.
With this in mind, I had my requirements sorted out:
  • Strong structural body that can withstand accidents.
  • Airbags are a must (at least driver side).
  • Budget 5L (max 6L)
  • Comfortable rear seating as my baby and wife will be seated behind most of the time.
  • Nice to have: Decent ICE with steering mounted controls (I change songs/volume often).

The Search
With safety on top priority, I started my search with the Japanese car makers Honda and Toyota (I owned a Civic sedan back in the States). Test drove the all new Jazz and instantly fell in love with it. Then came my second priority - a budget of 5L. The pricing sheet of Jazz SV was slapped on my face and made me walk away with disappointment. Didn’t bother TD’ing other cars as almost all of them were missing one or the other requirements of mine under 5L budget. Safety comes at a premium in our market!

While at this confused state, a friend of mine sent the official review links of Tiago and sat down with me discussing all its good stuff (pricing was not announced back then). I wasn’t impressed with the car just because it was a Tata and for some reason it resembled Indica to me. Slowly my negative bias towards Tata faded away as I read through all the good reviews and TD feedback on forums. Shortly after that, Tiago’s official launch announced the stunning price tag.

We visited a Tata dealership at Coimbatore and found 4 Tiago’s on display. Test drove and realized all those good stuff were actually true and honest. So I went ahead and booked Petrol XZ variant on 20-Apr-2016 with a 4 week waiting period. I made up my mind to accept the risks involved in brand new engine and possible niggles with first few production batches, needless to say Tata’s ASS.

A quick note on other cars I had researched (didn’t TD any of them though):
  • Toyota Etios Liva: So-so looks and interiors. Out of my league on budget.
  • VW Polo: Emissions scandal.
  • Maruti Swift: Poor VFM and safety features. Tight rear seat experience and unusable boot.
  • Maruti Celerio: Considered only because of its AMT transmission.
  • Mahindra KUV100: No comments!
  • Renault Kwid: Didn’t bother as it had 6+ months waiting period.
  • Hyundai Grand i10: Expensive. Boring interior design IMO.
  • Ford Figo: Poor reviews on Petrol engine and arguable build quality in facelift.

PDI & Delivery
My restless wait continued while I was following Tiago news and updates on various forums/news sources. That’s when I joined TAI and also made friends with some nice people on the Tiago WhatsApp group.
My car had arrived at dealer’s stockyard on 24-May and I did a quick PDI on 28-May. Everything looked good with very minor issues (PDI Link). Wrote them a check for balance amount to proceed with temp registration and finalized delivery on 2-Jun-2016.
On the day of delivery, I visited the showroom with my family, signed the paperwork and listened to boring explanations by the CRM person. We were running out of “good” time to take the car to a nearby temple for pooja.

Dealership Experience (SRT Tata, Coimbatore):
Overall, dealership experience was decent. They had the most cars on display and were constantly showcasing their mods to promote sales. My SA’s were courteous amidst hot discussions back and forth on advance part-payment for allotment and handling charges (which I lost to them in lieu of RTO fees of 3K for temp registration). They were open to purchasing outside insurance too. I bought from Royal Sundaram for 16.5K vs their quote of 23.5K from New India. Also they didn’t have the EW and AMC booklets from TML during delivery.

Cost Split Up:
View attachment 203405

Initial Impressions:

Exterior:
  • I have grown to like the squat look of Tiago when looked at an angle from behind.
  • Being one of the few Tiagos in my city, heads turn and I am poked for on-road price, mileage etc. Gratified!
  • Orange paint appears to have two shades (at least to my eyes) in daylight.
  • The turn indicators flashes once for unlock and twice for lock. Not sure if this is the convention in our country. I am used to the opposite. No audible confirmation for successful lock/unlock though.
  • Didn't notice tail lamps at night for a few days until my dad drove it. I always though the entire red piece would glow but this is a pleasant surprise:
    View attachment 203410
  • Rear mud flaps appears to not cover the wheel fully (not sure if this is by design):
    View attachment 203408
  • Front flaps are wide enough:
    View attachment 203409

Interior:

• Piano black door handles are my favorite. They are placed at the best possible position for me to hold on to. At times I end up holding it even while driving:
    View attachment 203414
  • Comfy seats and rear leg room is sufficient for my needs.
  • No LATCH/ISOFIX anchors as well as manual locking retractor in seat belts (for child seat installation). I ended up using a locking clip that came with my car seat.
  • Dashboard design is crisp, clean and feels premium. Horn pad could be a little wider to be able to use my right thumb:
    View attachment 203412
  • Instrument Console is neat and lets you adjust brightness:
    View attachment 203413
  • Center AC vents can be fully shut but not corner ones.
  • Headlight leveler has a good range. Noticed shortest throw is at 3 and longest throw at 0 setting. Looks inverted to me. Experts?
  • There are two clock displays – one on MID and the other on Harman.
  • There is a black box in passenger foot well area and I hurt my leg once:
    View attachment 203415

Harman ICE:

• Harman is awesome and is neatly integrated with vehicla electronics – rear parking system, phone call handling, Navimaps, follow-me-home lamps, to name a few:
    View attachment 203416
  • All the (illuminated) buttons are well laid out. I like the neat fonts on the buttons and display:
    View attachment 203417
  • The system is smart enough to remember last played song and time even after removing USB drive for a few hours to charge my cell phone.
  • Steering mounted controls covers all the basics: Accept/Reject calls, Mute, Change folders/tracks, Change volume, Change music source. No fast forward/rewind though:
    View attachment 203418
  • Navimaps: Premium features of Navimaps unlocked for up to 4 android devices but only 4 map updates are free (max 2 years, assuming new map updates released every 6 months).
  • Navimaps: I personally prefer Google Maps over Navimaps because the latter does not read out street names during navigation.
  • High Frequencies on the higher side even at zero Treble (range -10 to +10). At times I go negative to suit my taste. Treble lovers will enjoy it.
  • The system is capable of loud volumes which makes door trims vibrate/rattle at full bass. I may have try out a Dampening DIY project down the line.
  • There is a rectangular glossy area which appears to be an IR receiver but I could not get it to work with my phone’s IR blaster (tried Harman DVD player and BluRay player as devices).

Engine and Drivability:

• Engine is eager to revv high and the pickup is decent for normal driving (between peppy and sedate). Can’t wait to reach higher RPMs after the run-in ODO of 1500.
  • Vibes are noticeable during low/idle RPMs and the gear stick vibrates at times too. This is inconsistent/subjective based on feedback from owners on the WhatsApp group.
  • NVH is decent up to 70kmph and folks like me will enjoy the engine note inside the cabin.
  • I am no expert in steering and suspension but can vouch for the comfort they provide.
  • FE – Did 2 full tank testing and got close to 14kmpl in city mode, mixed driving and AC for 80% of the drive. This is just an observation as I am only around 1000 KM on the ODO.
  • Transmission isn’t the best but does the job. I can feel mechanical parts’ action in my palm at some gear shifts. Coming from auto transmission, I am yet to master perfect gear shifts.
  • There is a soft chime at about 20kmph when driver's seat belt is not buckled. If seat belt is not buckled for a couple more minutes, this soft chime becomes a louder warning chime as if the car is swearing at the driver. [clap]

Some Niggles:

Most of these are minor and not deal breakers for me.

• Front left door isn’t aligned properly with the body panel and it appears as if it’s not fully shut:
    View attachment 203420
  • Often, reverse gear is stuck half way and I end up with a “trrrrrrrr” sound while throttling. Hopefully it didn’t break anything under the hood. I am very cautious these days to ensure complete slotting.
  • Rear parcel tray holder had popped out of its slot (found during PDI and fixed but popped out again). I guess something broke with its locking mechanism that needs replaced:
    View attachment 203419

Accessories on Board:

• The Basics: Got the mud flaps and rubber mats for free (as a result of my lost negotiation for handling charges)
  • No-Name Noodle Mats: Got it done at a décor shop in town for 2.4K (3M quoted me 6K).
    View attachment 203422
  • Jopasu Car Duster: Quick dust removal tool and I love it!
  • Car Wash Accessories: Ordered these online for my manual car wash cycles:
    • Armor All Wash n Wax
    • 3M glass cleaner
    • Jopasu micro fiber cloths and magic wipe

Accessories on Waitlist:

• Seat Covers: I feel Tiago doesn’t need seat covers unless you are at a high risk of food/liquid spills in the car (read kids).
  • Tata OEM covers (full art leather & fabric mixed) looks and feels good at 6.5 to 7K. Enquired some décor shops and none of them have Tiago’s covers yet. Custom fit covers are estimated above 8K for art leather.
    View attachment 203421
  • Vinyls: Our friends DJ bro and rythmicdias have already shared lots of creative PhotoShop designs in Tiago WhatsApp group. Definitely will add some vinyls once orange Tiago becomes common in my city.
  • Dash Cam: Almost purchased Transcend DrivePro 220 but pulled it off looking at cheap alternatives with conflicting feedback. This may or may not materialize.

Closing Notes:
I am quite happy with my decision to purchase Tiago and feel safer driving around with family. Buckle up and Drive safe!

Links/Attachments:
Tiago User Manual: View attachment 203433
Harman ICE User Manual: View attachment 203436
TML Service Website: Tata Motors Customer Care and Service networks
My PDI Post: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ck-zica-now-renamed-tiago-129.html#post502095
Congrats @Prabhagar, the new car smell is intoxicating, detailing - awesome, color - zabardast

All the best

Vinod

Thread Starter #7

Congrats on your new car! [clap]

You chose a very nice color. The car is really VFM. Tata has really worked hard on Tiago. FE will improve post service. For the reverse gear issue, slot it in the first gear before slotting it in reverse gear.
Thanks for the tip, Rahul, I will give it a shot and update you.

Congratulation for your car its look really good interior ... Hope the milage will improve after 1st service

Prabhagar Sir

Congratulations Sir for your new ride, drive safe
Amazing and spot on review.

The headlight adjuster is working fine in my Manza too 0 is for long throw and 3 is for short throw.

Thread Starter #10

Prabhagar Sir

Congratulations Sir for your new ride, drive safe
Amazing and spot on review.

The headlight adjuster is working fine in my Manza too 0 is for long throw and 3 is for short throw.
Thanks Gautam for clarifying on headlight leveler. Appreciate that!

Hi, congrats on your new car!
Just had a test drive of Tata Tiago diesel and petrol yesterday from the same showroom you bought the car.
My observations are
Petrol:( had run for 9100 kms)
1. At idle there are vibrations in the driver seat, gear lever, pedals, little on the steering and on the driver side door . The driver seat at idle was a bit mildly shaking the whole seat.
2. Engine response is good and likes to be revved.
3. After 3.5k rpm there is a nice throaty sound to the engine note.
4. It requires less gear changes.
Did you feel the same vibrations in the driver seat?
The SA said its due to as its a test drive car and will not be present in a new car.

Diesel:(run 6500 kms)
1. Diesel clatter was present but was silent inside the cabin.
2. There is a mild turbo kick felt at 2100 rpm but the power overall is linear. I was actually waiting for the turbo kick but it was very mild.
3. Interms of refinement and smoothness the diesel was better.
4. The only places i felt the vibration was at the pedals and when i turned the engine off ,the car shook considerably.

Overall, the petrol felt responsive and loved the throaty sound at 3.5k rpm. The diesel at the other end was smooth and refined. Both the engines had good drivability and didn't disappoint.
Finally, a nice car for the city .

Thanks Gautam for clarifying on headlight leveler. Appreciate that!
congrats prabhagar on you new car. Hope to see further updates and more pics of this lovely car.

About the headlight leveler, the purpose is to avoid glaring of oncoming cars. When the rear suspension is loaded more than normal, the beam will travel further forwards, and the switch can be moved to a higher numbered value to shorten lower the beam to prevent blinding oncoming traffic.

Ideally, when driving solo always leave the leveler switch at 0. Beam level should be set using adjustment screws behind the headlight with leveling switch in position zero.

In practice, i set my headlight beam with with leveling switch set at 1 for solo driving. I use level 1 in city, but as the road opens up and road condition is poor, i get the flexibility of getting a slightly longer beam by setting level to zero(and reduce the need for using high beam). This is just a personal choice and may not be the safest or best practice.

Attachments

Last edited:

Often, reverse gear is stuck half way and I end up with a “trrrrrrrr” sound while throttling. Hopefully it didn’t break anything under the hood. I am very cautious these days to ensure complete slotting.

Practice putting into reverse gear with clutch fully pressed deep down to the well to avoid this sound.

Thread Starter #14

Hi, congrats on your new car!
Petrol:( had run for 9100 kms)
1. At idle there are vibrations in the driver seat, gear lever, pedals, little on the steering and on the driver side door . The driver seat at idle was a bit mildly shaking the whole seat.
2. Engine response is good and likes to be revved.
3. After 3.5k rpm there is a nice throaty sound to the engine note.
4. It requires less gear changes.
Did you feel the same vibrations in the driver seat?
The SA said its due to as its a test drive car and will not be present in a new car.
You are right, I do feel the vibes on seat/door/gear during traffic light waiting especially when aircon is running. On the contrary, I have had days where there is literally no vibration whatsover. Some owners in Tiago WhatsApp group also have not seen vibes on their cars. I wanna say this is a sporadic issue atleast for the time being.

congrats prabhagar on you new car. Hope to see further updates and more pics of this lovely car.

About the headlight leveler, the purpose is to avoid glaring of oncoming cars. When the rear suspension is loaded more than normal, the beam will travel further forwards, and the switch can be moved to a higher numbered value to shorten lower the beam to prevent blinding oncoming traffic.
Thanks polestar for the hint from user manual, I now recall reading that (while I was in waiting period[:D]). Guess what, even at 0 position, oncoming drivers thought I was on high-beam and many of them flashed their lights asking to go low-beam. That's when I tried changing the setting, now usually at 2 in city drive and 1 or 0 for single-lane highway. I sure will post more pictures shortly.

Practice putting into reverse gear with clutch fully pressed deep down to the well to avoid this sound.
Sure, thanks Puneet!

Hi Prabhagar

R u 172084 ?
Yes sir but you could have PM'ed me instead [glasses]

Last edited:

Congratulation Prabhagar for your Lovely Tiago.. [:)]
How much Fuel Efficiency of your Tiago ?

Top Bottom