Took my car for 2nd annual service yesterday. In addition to the general service I had the following issues that I mentioned to the SA
1. Creaking noise in suspension while going over the speed breakers
2. Vibration while braking at speeds above 90kmph
sound only in D1 after being in stop and go traffic for 15-20 mins
4. more metallic crashing sound while closing the driver front door than a muted thump
Actions taken on the above issues by the workshop:
1. The engineer assigned told me that some bolts that hold the frame that has the radiator and the intercooler were loose hence the creaking sound. He tightened them and no sound now
2. Initially the SA said the the dics have to be changed. I told him this is weird as the car has run just a little below 13k kms. I told him to skim it but he said they dont do that. I told him the clean the brakes and took it for a test drive after that the vibration was gone 90% so i decided to live with that than to pay 5500rs for disc change specially since the car has run quite less
3. went for a test drive but couldnt replicate the sound. however when the car crawls from standstill there is some shuddering only in D1 which was there on the test drive as well. They said it most probably multi clutch issue and would have to open the GB to check and I would have to leave the car. Since the issue isnt as prominent nor interferring my usage I postponed it and told that I will bring it at a later stage when I can afford to leave the car for 4-5 days at the workshop
4. fixed with some lubrication on the rubber beading on the door
I skipped the wheel balancing and alignment as they were charging 1500 for it, skipped ac disinfectant and also skipped the change of spark plugs that is scheduled in the 2nd service as per vw maintenance schedule as the car was misfiring and technically they would need to be changed around 30k kms and not 13k kms. I will get it changed in the 3rd service. Got free wash as well as 20% discount on labour as part of their summer campaign. They also gave me an additive to put when filling up my tank next time. It is mandatory for tsi engines as per the vw service schedule. I got this when i bought the car as well as the first service. The workshop also gave back the used air and oil filter.
Post servicing the engine sounds less strained picks up speed in a more calmer tone.
The car is doing great for the past 2 years now. I am enjoying it more after 2 years than when i first got it. It has enough power to enjoy the highways. Besided the creaking sound I mentioned on bumps, there isnt any other sound in the suspension or the interiors since the past 2 years.
Attached are the service records for your reference: