Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 VXi AMT: My Much Awaited First Car

Thread Starter #1
[drive]

Hello Everyone! It is going to be my first ever review written and that too on such a vast platform with so many passionate riders to judge my review. Please bear with me because it is my first time,moreover please guide me to perform better. My sole purpose of writing this review is to share my experience from the very beginning of the journey of bringing a new member to our family. Intro's must be getting lengthier i know by now,so let's start with very beginning.

The beginning

Well one fine morning over tea i asked dad when will we buy a car??. Well i guess i did the right thing by asking him about car,because the next thing i heard from him was regarding buying a car, we discussed about the pros and cons and by the time tea was at the bottom of our respective belly he gave me the responsibility of choosing a small hatchback which could be with the family for a long time with minimal maintenance.

MINIMAL CRITERIA TO BE FULFILLED WHILE BUYING THE CAR..

1.Budget within 5 lakhs.

2.Time Period 1 month

3.THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE It should be a brand new car.

4. Easy to drive in city in peak hour's

Point 3 turned out to be the most restricting one for me because i was planning to purchase a 2nd hand powerful car (Hyundai i20 [new model],or Swift ZXI[new model]).

Note: Both the models were available with the 2nd hand car dealers with almost appealing condition.

I tried convincing my dad for 2nd hand vehicle but he kept some strong points backing his choice and ultimately i was 100% happy by his opinion and i also accepted his point of view.

Now comes the ideal car which will fulfill all of the criteria.

I was really confused which one to buy ...[cry]. But before all these i simply thanked him with a kiss on his cheeks like a small boy has got his toy. I googled a lot, went through various forums and car lover sites, and suddenly i came across THE AUTOMOTIVE INDIA, went through the official review of various cars and also through the ownership reviews helped me a lot for finalising my 1st car. I immediately registered myself with the group and went through some of the reviews of Alto K10. After several hrs of research i concluded it will be an Alto K10 A.G.S.[:D] It meets every criteria of our family.

Note: i will be mentioning date from now onwards.

DT-02.06.16

I visited 3 showrooms on a single day at my town. Representatives at various showroom quoted different price with a difference of 6 to 7 thousand.
I ended up with Sky automobile Showroom at Nakhara because one of my friend has a nice hold over the showroom staff and knew some high authorities which helped me for availing maximum discount.

DT-09.06.16

I called up the representative and within an hour he came to my place with a test vehicle so that other family members can have a look on the car. i went for a test drive with 4 people in the car (Driver, representative,a friend and me) in no time i was happy with the vehicle's performance.

1.Comfortable

2.Look wise it has improved a lot from its predecessor.

3.premium interior

4.A.G.S the center of attraction.

I went for maximum acceleration as permissible by then current traffic condition,i managed to reach 100 km in no time.

by the time i reached back home i was totally taken by the car's performance and looks .

I booked my mine one with granite grey on it.

They have promised to deliver the car on 20.06.16 as it an auspicious day(Lord jagannath snana purnima)

Eagerly waiting for the delivery, i will keep posting as i get updates...

Thank's for now. if any queries do post i will reply them for sure and suggestion's and discussion are always welcome.

IMG_20160609_130011766.jpg

IMG_20160609_125955137.jpg

Test drive experience
Well we went for a short run on the outskirt free road of the city,car was easy to handle,breaks were really effective,i found no hiccups in gearshifts in automatic mode.Main thing is that you have to get accustomed with the machine and have to know what it wants that's it. Tyres are really skinny and that's a concern to me. Can anybody enlighten me? what should i do regarding this matter? Like shall i go for immediate upgrade as soon as my car comes out from showroom? OR Shall i wait for it to worn out ? Will it be wise to change all steel wheels to alloys ? I am concern regarding safety and braking, if i go for alloys will they be safer than company fitted steel wheels? please do share your point of view regarding this matter.Please do share what all necessary accessories are required in the car as soon as i get it delivered.
Accessories to be fitted after delivery
1.Seat Covers(Stiched ones)
2.Zaap Bluetooth 4.0 universal car kit (will it be wise to use this,because some of my friends are saying the music quality will drastically fall in universal bluetooth kit. Well i want to know is it true?)
3.Parking assistance camera (approx cost if anyone could share)
4.Speakers ( which one? Please i need advice on this part very badly?)

Pictures of Catalog,leaflet and booking receipt and some more experience.

Office Lens 20160613-103350.jpg

Office Lens 20160613-103657.jpg

Office Lens 20160613-103751.jpg

Office Lens 20160613-103815.jpg

Office Lens 20160613-103834.jpg

Office Lens 20160613-103912.jpg

Office Lens 20160613-110309.jpg

I have given a booking token to Rs-6900. If anyone needs the price breakup of Alto k10 Amt please ask i will provide it over here. More seven days to go..!! i have other queries regarding warranty. My sales executive is telling me if i go for aftermarket fittings it will void the warranty. Is it true ? What shall i do now ?
Fittings i am planning to install are
1.Central Lock
2.Rear camera parking assistance with dashboard mounted screen
3.Speakers ( i need Suggestion on this please help .[cry])
4.Custom Stitch Seat cover.
The sales guy is insisting to install these thing from showroom, mainly camera and central lock ,i would have agreed to their suggestion but they are charging too much(parking assistance with camera and screen is around Rs-15000.I previously asked them regarding the price of central lock and fog lamp and they quoted a price of Rs-9600.
Please suggest me what to do ?[confused]

Price Breakup
Ex-Showroom Price …………….. 440971
Standard MGA ……………………. 1500
Extended Warranty (4 years) …. 5686
Auto Card …………………………… 456
Registration Fee …………………… 22699
Insurance Fee ……………………… 17793
MCP Rate ………………………….. 2835
Total On-road Price(A) ……………. 491940
Total Offer + Booking Amount. (-) 31500
Total …………………………………. 460440
Total Amount Paid for my Alto K10 Vxi AMT - Rs-460440

Pre Delivery Inspection

For PDI, i went on 17.06.16. I saw my car with workers doing the essentials on it. I watched them thoroughly and only after completion of their part i started mine with TAI PDI Check List. I found out only deviations which were (Clocked< 100 kms) and the opened head unit section and other panels on dashboard lower part .My car odometer was showing 117 Kms, i asked the service engineer regarding extra kms running and regarding the opening of panels for appropriate reasons and was told that for testing purpose on under different road condition they can drive upto 200 kms he even took me to stock yard for showing me the odometer of other new cars to prove his statement and regarding the panels and headunit he told they are conducting normal pre-delivery check up , i was satisfied with his answers. He congratulated me on my pick especially on colour (GRANITE GREY) Rest all was okay for me.

TAI PDI CHECK LIST PICTURE WHICH I FOLLOWED THOROUGHLY. Here are the pictures of the PDI list and Picture's of my car during PDI.[clap]

e89df235-0fe0-45e0-8f83-f88dff4d9796.jpg

d6625ad6-65fc-4c4b-a06e-24503822d59f.jpg

cb8f83db-a1c6-4db3-af27-31ec2cefda19.jpg

158d9261-f73a-41e1-9211-77349de89237.jpg

2a52a978-8b6d-4725-9cec-72756e46a0bc.jpg

5e464bb3-aa1d-4f4c-bbb0-9e100cf4b12b.jpg

0009db0f-0b57-424e-a043-045d1bc82ddc.jpg

20acf896-4f0f-4eb7-9315-9c6952e68b31.jpg

aa47d5bb-9eb7-4c7b-a0f1-59c9ca274507.jpg

087b867a-8b68-453a-b67b-57dea143061f.jpg

628d4a9c-dbab-43a5-a629-3b9caa635205.jpg

c62fdd1a-18ef-4eca-af08-9b63e9fe46c9.jpg

cb732635-4c9c-4563-b5f6-7636f0834ecb.jpg

df783f4b-255f-455c-9d85-7eb414ce4404.jpg

848142c8-f498-4235-aca5-92ef938d7b97.jpg

Delivery Experience

As promised they delivered my car on 20.06.16 without any troubles. As it was an auspicious day (snan Poornima) Showroom people were very busy with other delivery also,My sales guy showed up as soon as i entered the showroom and went to check for one final time before taking the delivery, i searched for scratches and other problems if any and was happy because there were none. i hardly had to wait for 2 hrs which was okay with me.I also took a small test drive before delivery and found the car to be super smooth,i was already happy with my car,they cleaned my car before final delivery.

They had arranged a small pooja before taking the delivery of the car, i burst the coconut and lid some joss stick and prayed almighty to shower blessing to my new car and ofcourse to my family. I drove back home with a brand new Alto K10 Vxi Amt happily,at evening we took it to "Mandir" and arranged proper Pooja for my car so that it remain niggle-free and peaceful throughout with my family.

Here comes the pictures of My Much Awaited First Car Alto K10 Vxi Amt.

1a6a45bd-9119-402d-bbed-66dd359aeb6f.jpg

70aecbee-2ae9-4bac-a49d-7212186746d4.jpg

4121cd8d-9257-4a10-9d36-0b5a40f328e7.jpg

8279650f-9f8b-4820-a537-06e7f8a4f8f4.jpg

589f3d41-f68b-45ab-97c3-e7da8963496b.jpg

c4c1d57b-d99b-4e5b-827a-600484aeeb1b.jpg

18a826f6-cf72-471a-9a2a-547dbb400617.jpg

7bb04229-0033-44de-a3d6-501f0e7d445d.jpg

3aefbfc7-1bbc-4659-bbbe-5e2d89eaa710.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
Congrats on your AMT K10 nice color, do share your driving experience.
Thank you Sir, It is really a boon to drive within the city because of Amt,and on long stretch it is also very comfortable,haven't taken her for long drive till yet which i am waiting to do as i get free ...

Some more interior and exterior pictures of the car

Attachments

Thread Starter #5
Accessories in the Car with pictures in same order as mentioned below
1.Zaap Bluetooth 4.0 universal car kit
2.Nippon Central lock (from showroom)
3.Seat covers
4.Zaap Mobile Holder
5.Floor Lamination
I was interested to add up two more speakers at the plank but now in dilemma because it will make the plank remain in a fixed position,removing the plank will be totally impossible while carrying luggage,which i can do easily now.

Attachments

Thread Starter #7
Hi Bijoy, Congratulations for the new car. Can you provide the cost estimate of floor lamination and how much time it took? Also, list a couple of benefits of the same buddy.

Regards

Akash
Thank you Akash1886, Lamination cost of the floor was 2000 overall for the whole job done which includes floor lamination and seat covers took 4 hrs.
Laminations of the floor is quite helpful all the time because it collect all the dirt upon it which can be cleaned easily,which was a trouble before.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Laminations of the floor is quite helpful all the time because it collect all the dirt upon it which can be cleaned easily,which was a trouble before.
Ok, now, will the lamination be in any way helpful in delaying the floor rusting as well? Also, with this lamination in place, how would one know if the floor begins to rust?

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #9
Ok, now, will the lamination be in any way helpful in delaying the floor rusting as well? Also, with this lamination in place, how would one know if the floor begins to rust?

Regards

Akash
Lamination will not allow heavy mud or we can say dust particles as well as wet substance to come in direct touch with the inner floor body,which will somehow delay rusting, we can pick up the lamination sheet for checking purpose but it will involve a lot of time,but again if we have to check rusting without the lamination we have to look under the original mat which again includes same process. As suggested by friends, best way to delay rusting is to go for underbody paint(rubber paint or similar kind of material which repels water ).

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Lamination will not allow heavy mud or we can say dust particles as well as wet substance to come in direct touch with the inner floor body,which will somehow delay rusting, we can pick up the lamination sheet for checking purpose but it will involve a lot of time,but again if we have to check rusting without the lamination we have to look under the original mat which again includes same process
So, in a way, it protects your car from the smaller damage and leaves your car and you unaware of the bigger damage i.e rust. I would suggest, one should opt for anti rust for once than these type of lamination.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #11
So, in a way, it protects your car from the smaller damage and leaves your car and you unaware of the bigger damage i.e rust. I would suggest, one should opt for anti rust for once than these type of lamination.

Regards

Akash
It depends upon how u maintain,and regarding bigger damage (rusting) underbody paint will just do fine,which needs to be done in every 2,2.5 years or as per the condition of the paint. Lamination basically protects the original mat from getting dirty. This was the main reason for me to laminate the floor,Plus the mats are placed in such a way that water cannot come in touch with the floor.
You are talking about anti rust paint right ..? (underbody paint is the same thing which i mentioned above. correct me if i am wrong.[:)]

Akash1886

Honoured Member
It depends upon how u maintain,and regarding bigger damage (rusting) underbody paint will just do fine,which needs to be done in every 2,2.5 years or as per the condition of the paint. Lamination basically protects the original mat from getting dirty. This was the main reason for me to laminate the floor,Plus the mats are placed in such a way that water cannot come in touch with the floor.
You are talking about anti rust paint right ..? (underbody paint is the same thing which i mentioned above. correct me if i am wrong
Arre yaar, when people sit and come out mats do get dirty. Nothing to be worried about.[:)] But to protect the carpeting you went in for the lamination now that's something interesting. I believe you have done this to protect the OEM corner to corner carpeting. Instead of doing these efforts, once in 3-4 months get an upholstery job done which I believe would be a thoughtful thing. About the anti rust, well, many accept it and many reject but yes, the benefits are surely there of using anti rust coatings.

Regards

Akash

Congrats for your new car. Wish you many happy miles with it!. One tip, just put the gear shifter to N position when you stop on a red light as it will ease off the pressure on the clutch. If you want a gear lock which actually simulates the "P" position of a regular automatic car then switch off the engine in "M" or "R" mode depending upon the incline. For up gradient put it into "M" and for down put it into "R".

Thread Starter #14
Thank you for the suggestion fusion defusion. I keep it in N at traffic if i have to wait for long,but if its for fraction of section then i keep it on D and apply brakes. I will keep ur advice in mind while driving from now on..

Akashji

The main advantage of floor lamination is that, the smell from floor carpeting becoming wet due to rain water is avoided.
There are 2 cases of floor lamination work-
1.Existing stock fabric floor material is completely removed and then floor lamination is done(This is rare,this can be checked by looking near handbrake console area sides and seat area where the adjustment column lies, if fabric isn't removed it can be seen there)
2.Floor lamination above fabric(Safe method)

As Mr.Bijoy pointed ,it can only prolong rusting ,in no way it can't prevent rusting.

Top Bottom