Honda City VMT Ownership Review: Our New Ride

Thread Starter #1
IMG-20160220-WA0009.jpg History
We already owned a Swift Dezire VXI from 2011 which is till running good and trouble free. Being its my first CAR I loved it very much. Myself working near bangalore(Kolar) and our Hometowns are Kochi & Calicut(Kerala). We used to take our Dezire to our Home town during vacations.

WHY NEW CAR
In our Long trips to Home town and other holiday trips I felt the requirement of ABS and Airbag is a must when we are going at a speed around 100kmph. Around May 2015the Karnataka RTO made the rules for Other state registration cars (Mine was KL registration)more stringent and there was a long pending requirement of CAR in my Home(Kochi) by my parents for the shorter trips.

Requirement
1. Sedan
2. Reliable
3.Around 12000Km per year
4. Economical
5. ABS & Airbag
6.Spacious
7.Good after sales & Service

SEARCH
The search starts with Dezire ZXI (of course because old one never failed me at any point), my father too inclined towards it. But my wife and friends said if we are going to change the vehicle then we must change the model.
We had checked I20 and except the absence of Boot it almost met our requirement and we liked the overall design. But I felt the Highway performance of vehicle not as good as a sedan and rear seat spacing a little bit low.
The next option was VERNA and I like that vehicle(Diesel model) except the rear seat comfort and I find the rear seat too short for 6 Feet people. When we have gone for the test drive the approach of the Sales Executive was not so welcoming, but still it remain in the list.
Ford Ecosport was on option, but because of its blind spots and rear seat spacing we dropped it.
Then finally came to Honda City, which covers almost all our requirement but a little too expensive.

Purchase
We had the Test drive and purchase from WHITE FIELD HONDA Bangalore, No Discounts were offered. I've selected VMT model since it includes almost all accessories and I don't want to go for any further addons. We got the vehicle from their outlet in Kolar on 23rd July 2015. Thought of upgrading the Tyres(mine came with MRF) but never felt it required because I won't be driving at a speed more than 120Kmph.My average speed always will be aroud 70-90KMPH.

Drive
I felt that the Drive is the one who enjoys the most in a Honda City. Never felt the lack of power while driving in Ghats and Highways. The city driving is very much effortless and smooth.

First Tour
Our first tour was to Kodaikanal(Tamilnadu) in our new CITY. My wife and child totally liked the City and we felt it as a big improvement from Our old Dezire.

ACCESSORIES
After some trips I feel it is necessary to have a Dash cam in our CIty and by having some research I bought Transcend - DrivePro 200 Car Video Recorder. Till now it working fine and very good on video clarity. Its having the facility of WiFi connection to Mobile.

Mileage
The total oddo now is 13000Km and the average mileage of total run is 16.09Kmpl on tank to tank method.
Screenshot_2016-04-24-15-42-49.png
My 70% of running is on Highways and I'm very lightly footed in driving. My best mileage was 20kmpl as per MID( same i checked with Tank to tank then it was 19.8kmpl) mileage.jpg
My worst mileage was 12.5kmpl during peak hour traffic in Bangalore(KR Puram to Bidadi)

SERVICE
All the free services are over with in First six months and overall service experience was good from Whitefield Honda Bangalore.
After the third service with Oil change there was a little difference in characteristics and improvement in mileage.

Re: Honda city - "OUR NEW RIDE"

Hello JOSH@CITY,
Congrats on the silverboy City.City is one practical sedan.I liked the City from the beggining of its launch.The best part I liked is the Spacious interiors-The dash,Steering,seats.Do post some interior photos too.
Wish you many happy miles ahead.
Thanks,

Hi Josh@City, Congratulations on your Silver king the City VMT, Wish you have lots and lots of happy and safe mile ahead with it [:)]. And one small Question do you have any issue with the Ground Clearance.

Congrats on your purchase [cheers].

Thread Starter #5
I've already travelled a lot of times across Bangalore and several times to Calicut & Cochin but never faced any ground clearance problem. I used to slow down at medium speed breakers at least to 2nd gear.
My City's underbody got scrapped only two or three times during some heavy humps in village roads of karnataka. That too i didn't saw those and so i crossed it in around 30kmph.

Hello JOSH@CITY,
Congrats on the silverboy City.City is one practical sedan.I liked the City from the beggining of its launch.The best part I liked is the Spacious interiors-The dash,Steering,seats.Do post some interior photos too.
Wish you many happy miles ahead.
Thanks,
I will update the thread with photos as soon as possible, Thanks

Thread Starter #6
A view of My Silver City with it's white twin VIEW.jpg

After purchase of may City there were several things which I found necessary for our regular use

ACCESSORIES

1. Mobile Holder
STAND.jpg
This mobile holder was earlier used in my Dezire and still it serve the purpose(2012 purchase)

2. Air Pump & Pressure Guage
AIR.jpg
This too purchased for my old dezire and since last 3 years I'm using it. I used to cross check the gauge once in 6 months and till date there was no error reported.

3. Dash CAM
CAM.jpg
We used to go for long trips and after two three near miss incidents i felt the requirement of a Dash cam. This one is without any inbuilt battery and video quality is very good. The videos can be directly transferred to Mobile.

4. Window Shades
SHADE.jpg
Earlier we were using the one with vacuum grip and after 6 months of use it was coming off the glass regularly. Then I've brought the one with magnetic grips, only inconvenience we felt is that outside interactions are restricted.

5. Leather wrap on Steering Wheel
STEERING.jpg
The Leather wrap was purchased from E-bay and the stitching was DIY. Even though the stitching done by me was not so perfect, I'm very much satisfied with it.

6. Blind Spot Mirror
MIRROR.jpg
The blind spot mirror was a requirement for me in highway as well as in city driving.

7. Handle paint protector
HANDLE.jpg
My old dezire's Handle paint after 3 years of use were pathetic with nail marks. I wont do that mistake again with My City

Hi,
After market accessories are very much attracting customers. Almost 99% of the Car buyers are keen to fit some after market accessories. Anyways if it worth, then it is for sure needed.
Lot of duplicates are available in the market too which is very bad.

Thread Starter #9
what about honda connect device?
are you using honda connect device?
I'm not using the Honda connect device, the vehicle is completely used by myself and i feel it not necessary.
But I'm using the Honda connect app to track the service records and service booking.

Thread Starter #11
Earlier I had tried the protection film but I found it not that good looking. After two days of installation I removed it.
It's almost 15months since the purchase of my car still there is no such scratches on panels

hi josh@city, congrats for your new car. City is all rounder in its segment. mine is same but taffeta white. one question, have you tried to redline the car? it is awesome.

Thread Starter #14
hi josh@city, congrats for your new car. City is all rounder in its segment. mine is same but taffeta white. one question, have you tried to redline the car? it is awesome.
I'm a sedate driver and all my long trips will be accompanied by family, still I had red lined the engine lot of times when I'm alone. Its very additive to get it red lined.

Top Bottom