Maruti Swift Dzire ZDI AGS Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Maruti's first diesel automatic car : Swift Dzire ZDI AGS ( AUTO GEAR SHIFT )

Search and How : We had a Chevrolet Cruze ltz auto for sometime after which it started given a lot of issues and expense one after the other which led us to sell the diesal rocket . Now another car with the same power and torque and comfort would be in the BMs ,Audi or Mercs but they were beyond budget and i didn want to buy a Used car again and screw up the complete driving experience so the search began .

1st Stop : Maruti SK wheels : We went there to check Vitara Breeza,Baleno and S- cross as all that Automatic Gear Variants in Petrol . But to our Surprise there was a Swift ZDI AGS standing as a Model Car ,we thought it was a petrol AGS model but after a 2nd 3rd and 4th look it was a diesel Automatic car ,so we wanted to test drive the car instantly ,but the car wasnt available in andheri and at no other Dealer ,after a few calls and insisting the Executive he told us that the car was in turbhe Centre ,and we hopped .We reached Turbhe SK WHEELS the same day itself and Took a test drive ,after driving a cruze and then drivinga swift there was no way we could compare the power and torque but yet it was pretty decent and spacious .

So after a lot of discussion among me and my brother wether to opt for a high end Pre -Used BMW Audi or to go in for new Swift which is maruti and low on maintenance and reliable .

We approached SK wheels the next day and he told us that there were only 2 cars available white and silver amongst which the White one was booked the same day itself , so now he had only the silver one and we didn want to loose it as it was the only 1 available in mumbai . so we booked it with a booking amount of 21000 and moved out confirming that in case we change our mind the Booking amount would be refunded .

After a week the complete payment was made costing 10,38,000 and we wanted the delivery on 15th April itself and the executive agreed to it ,Now the main part was getting a number of choice and which ever number we asked for was booked finally managed to get one after a lot of attempts .

Accessories we opted for from MGS : Scuff plates with LED
Antirust coating
Floor LAmination

All 3 Cost us 11000 with 3 years waranty on antirust Coating ,though it was not from 3M .

15th : Day of Dilivery : We wanted the car dilivered within 9 to 11 or post 12 :30 and we got the keys in hand at 1:30 pm .

Tyre Changes : I had already posted the STock Good year tyres and Alloys for sale on OLX a few days before and managed to get a buyer for 25k for both tyres and alloys .

Magwheels : Approached the Milan Subway Bridgestone guy for the tyres ,the guy had already arrived to take the stock tyres ,he paid and eft and the car was on jack .

The rate differences between the Bridgestone guy and a tyre shop right ahead were huge ,the same products had a difference of around 2500 and on magwheels too .

Finally we decided to go in for Momo Grey Macwheels and Yokohama AS01 s drive 195/80/15 tyres and they were finalized for 46500 .

This is the update till date will be posting few pics soon .

Maruti's first diesel automatic car : Swift Dzire ZDI AGS ( AUTO GEAR SHIFT )

Search and How : We had a Chevrolet Cruze ltz auto for sometime after which it started given a lot of issues and expense one after the other which led us to sell the diesal rocket . Now another car with the same power and torque and comfort would be in the BMs ,Audi or Mercs but they were beyond budget and i didn want to buy a Used car again and screw up the complete driving experience so the search began .

1st Stop : Maruti SK wheels : We went there to check Vitara Breeza,Baleno and S- cross as all that Automatic Gear Variants in Petrol . But to our Surprise there was a Swift ZDI AGS standing as a Model Car ,we thought it was a petrol AGS model but after a 2nd 3rd and 4th look it was a diesel Automatic car ,so we wanted to test drive the car instantly ,but the car wasnt available in andheri and at no other Dealer ,after a few calls and insisting the Executive he told us that the car was in turbhe Centre ,and we hopped .We reached Turbhe SK WHEELS the same day itself and Took a test drive ,after driving a cruze and then drivinga swift there was no way we could compare the power and torque but yet it was pretty decent and spacious .

So after a lot of discussion among me and my brother wether to opt for a high end Pre -Used BMW Audi or to go in for new Swift which is maruti and low on maintenance and reliable .

We approached SK wheels the next day and he told us that there were only 2 cars available white and silver amongst which the White one was booked the same day itself , so now he had only the silver one and we didn want to loose it as it was the only 1 available in mumbai . so we booked it with a booking amount of 21000 and moved out confirming that in case we change our mind the Booking amount would be refunded .

After a week the complete payment was made costing 10,38,000 and we wanted the delivery on 15th April itself and the executive agreed to it ,Now the main part was getting a number of choice and which ever number we asked for was booked finally managed to get one after a lot of attempts .

Accessories we opted for from MGS : Scuff plates with LED
Antirust coating
Floor LAmination

All 3 Cost us 11000 with 3 years waranty on antirust Coating ,though it was not from 3M .

15th : Day of Dilivery : We wanted the car dilivered within 9 to 11 or post 12 :30 and we got the keys in hand at 1:30 pm .

Tyre Changes : I had already posted the STock Good year tyres and Alloys for sale on OLX a few days before and managed to get a buyer for 25k for both tyres and alloys .

Magwheels : Approached the Milan Subway Bridgestone guy for the tyres ,the guy had already arrived to take the stock tyres ,he paid and eft and the car was on jack .

The rate differences between the Bridgestone guy and a tyre shop right ahead were huge ,the same products had a difference of around 2500 and on magwheels too .

Finally we decided to go in for Momo Grey Macwheels and Yokohama AS01 s drive 195/80/15 tyres and they were finalized for 46500 .

This is the update till date will be posting few pics soon .
Congrats on your zdi ags, how is she treating you? mine is just doing well fingers crossed. Up for the 3rd free checkup in a day or two.

Top Bottom