Ford Figo 1.2 Petrol - Panther Black My First Love

Thread Starter #1
Hunting:

Started searching second hand vehicles from palio’s to ikon’s for almost two months. Dad didn’t agree for a 2nd hand beautyL, didn’t want to break his heart now search changed its way towards new hatches in market.

I was more confused because of more options in hatchback segment.

Options and Test Drive experience:

1. Swift petrol– dad’s favourite
I’m not a fan of MaruthiSuzuki – Never took a TD

2. Punto 1.4 EPk – My favourite (Handling and ride comfort)
Prons: Fun to drive, superb handling, comfortable ride.
Cons: Poor plastic quality (gear knob got detached which shifting gear in TD vehicle), after sales service, horrible music system and paying 7.3lacs on-road I think is not worth the deal.

3. Figo 1.2 LXI– VFM & Figo 1.2 Titanium – VFM+Safety
Prons: Fun to drive, good handling
Cons: Ground clearance issue (4-5people in car)

4. Hyundai i20 – Luxury
Prons: Awesome interiors, feel of a sedan
Cons: Didn’t like the steering response (my TD opinion), base model starts at 5.5lacs on-road Bangalore.

I’m not considering diesel model since my monthly usage is less than 1000Kms. This is my first car so was not giving importance to luxurious interiors or features.

Dealer: Lathangi Ford, Bannerghatta road

Booking:
Ford Figo Chill (Looks stunning) and Black (Head turner) was finalized after couple of test drive with friends and family, finally booked Ford Figo 1.2 LXI – Black got the vehicle registered on 24th September and took delivery on 27th September 2010.

On road price in Bangalore 4,26L – 3M Sunfilm (1yrs warranty), Mats + mud flaps + 3rd year extended warranty also included. Same day visited Car accessories shop Glamour in kormangala to get her ICEd

Headunit: Kenwood 546 BT
Front Speakers: Polk DB 571 5”X7” fixed in doors
Rear Speakers: Polk DB 691 6”X9” on wooden plank
Amplifier: Rockford Fosgate Prime R300-4channel
Wiring: Ghost wires

Next day installed Nippon Autocop @ Lathangi Ford, this is the first Figo on which they are installing Nippon autocop they were pretty much confused later Nippon person came for their assistance even he didn’t had training on this new autocop model, finally after 6-7Hrs of R&D on my car they fixed successfully.

On 7th October got a her a new dress (seat covers – art leather Black & Red comibination) and gave power to her beautiful eye – stock headlight make me blind @ night, changed stock headlight to Philips 100/90 with Roots wiring (without touching stock wiring), I would recommend this upgrade to every Figo owners its really worth for the penny spent.

Till date I’ve completed 600+ on odo, getting FE 12-13.6kmpl in Bangalore city bumper to bumper traffic with 50% AC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Nofate welcome to TAI. Why not start a new thread in the Introductions section and share more about yourself.

Wise decision going in for a new car , and Yes i agree Figo is VFM Hatch! Please post some pictures now of your black panther with those seat covers , i think they will look great.

Great to know Figo does not have huge waiting periods even though its starting to do well now.

How is the engine performance? I have seen many people complaining that the AC is ineffective and the pick-up is slightly sluggish in petrol Figo. I have read amazing reviews for Figo diesel though.

FE is good but will and should definitely improve more.

Thread Starter #3
Engine performance - i'm happy with the performance, AC is effective.
Pick up is sluggish in 2gear with or without AC, above 20kmph second gear has good pickup, it better to shift to first gear if AC is on and speed is between 10-15kmph.

350Z

Core Team
Indeed, Figos are raining! Congratulations for purchase. Ford Figo is the car which has received an amazing public response in India within very less period, and the charm is not yet over. In fact each month, its sales are increasing three-fold, maybe all thanks to marketing strategies by Ford, and on top of that, getting hold of a typical Indian buyer’s requirements perfectly well. Hope you are enjoying it too, keep us updated about upkeep costs and other details. Please visit this link to learn correct procedure of uploading pictures – http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/announcements/18-how-post-images-videos.html

Drive Safe,
350Z

Nice to see one more Figo owner and one more customer from Lathangi Ford.

You are getting pretty good FE, compared to other Figo petrol owner. Keep it up.
AC of Figo is anyway the best.

Wow. Your beauty looks great in black.
Just a tip for enhancing its look. Blacken the rims and then put on the wheel caps. It will make the wheels look morer attractive.

hi nofate. very good review and congrats. your figo is rocking in this color. and as usual..ford keys are always different. does it have immobilizer?

Wow its looking stunning in shining black! Any plans to get alloys? And any reason for choosing that number?

@ Umang Hey even i20's keys are coming like these only now.

Wow its looking stunning in shining black! Any plans to get alloys? And any reason for choosing that number?

@ Umang Hey even i20's keys are coming like these only now.
Most of the manufacturers are giving those kind of keys. Even the i10(Asta) comes with that kind of key.

Thread Starter #12
@cool dhaya - No plans of alloys as of now running out of vitamin M, as of now planning fog lamp, stickering and sun film for front glass step by step. I got this registration number by default.
@Umang - thx umang, i've LXI variant immobilizer is not available in this variant as per Figo's brochure, but I'm little confused [confused]once i lock the car i can see immobilizer icon blinking on console.

My friend has i20 Asta petrol by default he got autocop attached with key, when we press the button key slides like a knife.
In Figo LXI we don't get auto-cop by default we need to purchase separately.

Attachments

Thread Starter #14
Suggestion required by experts : My OEM tyres are MRF ZV2K which i feel little noise @ high speed and less grip in sudden braking, I'm in a dilemma, upgrading to Bridgestone Potenza G3/Yokohoma/Continental CPC/2 is worth the money which I spend on them? Please pour your suggestion soon, if is really worth spending 12-15K on tyres? If yes i'll upgrade tyres by tomorrow.
Tyre Size (I'm planning to upgrade on Stock RIM, can't afford alloys as of now but will upgrade in future):
First option:
Specification Sidewall Radius Diameter Circumference Revs/Mile Difference
175/65-14 4.5in 11.5in 23.0in 72.1in 879 0.0%
185/65-14 4.7in 11.7in 23.5in 73.7in 859 2.2%
I think in above case difference is too much [frustration] But GC will increase slightly
Second option:
195/60-14 4.6in 11.6in 23.2in 72.9in 869 1.1%
Does 195 overkill Figo's look and can I fix them on stock RIMs?
Third option
185/60-14 4.4in 11.4in 22.7in 71.4in 887 -0.9%
GC is less compared to stock OEM tyre, as everyone know figo GC problem when we travel with more than 3people it scraps every hump on the way:(

Why no Michelin in that list?
Since your car is new, you will get a good price for the stock tires. Get new set of tires, but IMO dont upsize the rims. It will affect you FE, and some other mechanicals. Also i feel the stock rims are apt for figo.

Top Bottom