Originally Posted by bhvm
congrats on the road runner!.
it's a cute lil name & cute lil car!
the Interiors are simply top notch. I Really didn't expect biscuit/walnut combo in nano!. the seat covers are also fantastic.
Thank you! White and Silver, I believe, come in biscuit/walnut combo, while the other brighter colors have black in place of biscuit color.
I too like the walnut/biscuit combo more than the other one. This was also one of the reasons for getting a white car!
Originally Posted by vdm295
Let me first congratulate you on your purchase of this lovely car. The seat covers look good & hope you & your family have a many more miles with this cute looking wanderer.
Thank you! The seat covers though are or good quality by Nano standards; however, I wish the fitting was done more professionally. Nothing to complain about specifically, just that it could have been better.
Originally Posted by Ambylovers
Congratulations on your new TATA Nano. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.
Originally Posted by parveen
Congratulations for New car
Yes, i also notice this sound, its cumming from driver side area of dashboard somewhere near to location of fuse box. It only come when AC is on. i will ask TASS about this when i drop car for servicing next month.
Yes, I too plan to speak to the adviser about the noise. Will report once I have some inputs from him.
Originally Posted by Milemuncher
Hi congrats for you for your new car. I have brought one in January 2016 for wife pink colour. But more then my wife me and my brother are driving it , nano XTA is best car for Bangalore traffic. Since Nano came there is this fight going between my son and daughter for name giving name to Nano son wants to call her(nano) BABY JAGUAR because it's from Tata/jaguar family. Daughter wants to call it PINK PANTHER. What u guys suggest.
Congrats! The car surely is addictive and its difficult to stay away from it once you start enjoying its drive!
Originally Posted by prashanth.rva
Congrats on your new nano. The car is looking very good.
The seat covers are looking good.
Happy & trouble free many miles ahead.
Thank you! I wish the same! :)
Well, first of all sorry for not being able to post any updates for a couple of weeks. Work pressure and some unforseen tasks at home kept me a little busy. Nevertheless, Nano has been clocking kilometers and has had a couple of re-fills.
Odo now stands at around 650 KM. Below are the fill-up details:
start KM: 23
Total cost: 1570/-
Start KM: 299
Total Cost: 1012.28
Start KM: 561
Total Cost: 1030.42
Am I happy? Of course I am!!
Father has been taking the car out almost every morning and is thoroughly enjoying it. Wife is yet to stat driving independently. I am unable to spare sometime to go along with her. Will try it over this weekend.
Updates about my driving impressions so far:
- The steering active return feature is makes it presence felt once 40 KMPH is crossed at least once in the entire drive. Before this, though the active return is not enabled, yet there is no issue without it.
- Sometimes, when the speed has to be shed sooner than normal, I hear a distinct 'dhup' sound from the gear box. Feels as if it has fallen down :P
On the initial 1 or 2 instances, I got real nervous, however, when the car kept rolling as normal, I was fine.
The sound normally is heard when the car comes down from 3rd to 2nd gear.
- I had been to Diveagar with family in my Ecosport over a weekend. There I found a Pune registered XTA with 5 people and I was mighty impressed and happy that the Nano could make it there without any issues. The biggest thing : It was driven by a lady and during a small talk she mentioned that the car performed well during the entire drive from Pune to Diveagar!
My next outstation trip companion is going to be Nano for sure. Would like to
experience it first hand how it performs on a longish drive.
- Can the headlights of Nano be adjusted? I feel the dipper is too low in my car. Would like to up it a wee bit. Suggestions are welcome!
Issues faced so far:
- The paint has chipped off from a couple of places. The way paint chips off from moist walls. Kind off similar to it.
This is something serious and I have already informed and shown the issue to Concorde guys.
- The bluetooth telephony has mind of it's own. Sometimes I am unable to hear the other person and vice versa. On other occasions it works absolutely fine. Have brought this to the notice of showroom guys and thankfully I was able to demonstrate the issue.
I have been committed that both the issues will be resolved during the first service.
This is on the driver side lower body. Notice that it might start rusting pretty soon.
A smaller yet significant chip off, behind the front wheel arc: