My Black Beast: Ford Endeavour Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Im not a much of a narrator and this is my first thread so please excuse me for any mistakes in the thread.It could be a bit(very) long

This All Started In 2011 when there was the new endeavour launched.
As a normal teenager the way the car looks was my main priority back then
as far as looks are concerned it looked like this

Likes from looks
1.The huge massive chrome grill in the front .
2.large crystal headlight.
3.its big mammoth size bonnet.
4.the design on the alloys suits the car.(or the suv)
5.cladding on the door and on the wheel arches give it a more rugged look.(only in top end variant)
6.the chrome front grill with the car name engraved in it is my personnel favourite.()
7.the perfectly positioned fog lamps with perfect housing.(the fog lamps housing colour suits every colour of the colour)
8.the puddle lamp feature

on the whole its looks very bulky and big sized suv.It looks stunning particularly in white colour.

not so good on the exterior
1.the small front windsheild
2.the tail lamps are pretty aged as it is very similar to the older generation

the interiors
Name: ford_endeavour-interior-4.jpg
Views: 772
Size: 92.7 KB

1.as a typical indian the large touch screen which does everything a HU is expected to do(available on the top line variant).
2.the plush seats with good leather.
3.good dashboard layout with black and beige combinations.
4.the aluminium finish brake and gas pedal.
5.fast chilling a/c.
6.the wooden finish added on the dash and doors fells a little upmarket but are prone to wear out.
7.the speakers are good and do their job very well.
8.the secretive tray above the glove box.(dint notice it until my third ride)
9.the perfectly place switch for fuel lid opener.(rather than being placed below the drivers seat)
10.the extremely perfect and comfy wipers and indicator stalks.
11.the brightness of the light in the instrument cluster is adjustable.

dislikes
1.not the type of interior expected at this price range(pretty basic).
2.overall quality of the interiors are not top notch.
3.oddly placed manual parking brake.
4.a/c vents are small compared to competition(fortuner)
5.does'nt have a button for locking the doors from inside(central locking absent). why ford?
6.the aux in port is absent in the top end variant.
7.the engine noise is a bit loud and enters the cabin.
8.the seat are not height adjustable this restricts the view for an extend for short drivers like me

engine specifications[/U]
there are two engine options available
1.the 2.0lt two wheel dry manual transmission variant(which i heard is more preppyier )
2.the 3.0lt four wheel automatic transmission with ()

transmission
the gear shifts are not very smooth.in my view the transmission has large scope of improvement

the shift on fly feature
this is nothing but the control switch of the four wheel drive operation.its has a 2h,4hand 4l options.
2h:the normal driving mode where the rear wheels are powered
4h:for offroad conditions the four wheels are powered in this option best for broken tarmac,muddy or slippery roads(why i cant i say "the option for offroading")
4l:same as 4h option with more traction don't know how.
basic information aside coming to my story

back in the year 2011 my father used to borrow the endeavour from his friend because he himself was a big fan of the car.I would always lust for the car when ever we used to go for a small tour.I would always make sure that i was sitting in the front passenger seat(childish me) i was twelve yrs old back then.we travelled around 8,000kms in the car mind you its was not our car.my fathers friend was very generous to lend his car for our family every time we needed.in my father view the seats are very comfortable and long journeys in it are not at all tiring.and my father was not in good terms with his friend any more for some reasons.we got ourself the new innova in 2012 december. my father likes to travel a lot 90% out of station so he brought himself a brand new innova unable to bear the high charges for travels car.so i had this feeling in me i used to miss the endeavour very much.......

And now after 4years my father calls me and asks me whether buying the used endeavour is a good idea or no.i replied yes!! of course with a huge grin on my face.i started look all the online websites where i could find a used ford endeavour my father was very particular about the colour he wanted the crystal white colour after one week of browsing the web on checking every used car site on the web i lost my hope because i could'nt find any car at a reasonable price with good condition and whiter colour.....

after a week this was a wednesday i dint go to college and was at home at around i got a call from my dad asking me to come to the ford service centre which is just half a kilometer from my place. i rushed to the palce on my active the first sight i see was the black endeavour in the bright sun shinning with my father and his friend(not the old one)with some ford officials.I took the keys and checked every inch of the car what i found was a very badly used boot and scratches on the left side of the bumper and on the spare wheel cover the interior where good and the electronics working very well and i asked whether i can take it to a test drive which my father readily refused and i asked my driver to take the test ride the ford service men was also present on the test drive the car perfect it had only 6k on the odo meter.we went on a 10kms test drive.i checked for any noise and vibrations and other basic things while my driver was busy asking questions about the mileage and how the automatic gearbox works(my driver was not driving he was sitting in the back)the ford person whose was driving was very humble and replied for my every silly question politely.after the test drive i approved the car and asked him about is views in the colour he said that black looks more striking than the white .dad was talking to the ford person about the car and asked me to leave

after two weeks i again get a call from my father asking me to come to our another appartment where we park our cars i will never forget that day in my life the moment i turn inside the lane i see a black colour endeavour sparkling in the lights from the street light. it was the most pleased situation in my life.i checked the car for the scratches if is noticed at the service centre they we no more the car was in mint condition and the interior we very clean i assumed that the car went for service with buffing and interior cleaning done all the oils we topped up i asked my father for a small ride in it which he agrees.note:my father doesnt drive cars.i took the car for a quick spin and was shocked at the condition it was very smooth and was not even making any noise at. after the ride my father ask me how was ur ride i said it was very great and asked him whether it was the same car we saw at the service centre.he said it was the same car with our hands on it so it should look like brand new the exact dialogue.after asking all the questions and eating my fathers brain.my father's friends don't know how to drive a big and automatic cars wonder how they managed to drive from the service centre in begumpet to bowenpally where my house is. now my father ask me to park the car in the cellar. for our surprise the car wont fit in the cellar because of the ride height this was the same cellar where we used to park our innova and my fathers friend endeavour which used to fit without any problem.maybe the new 2014 model has increased ride height or maybe so some reason.i will post the photo of the car that night as soon as i find the photo

the next day we along with my driver took the car out for extra fitting near minister road where the ford showroom is also present i was also asked to take the invoice for our vehicle we went to this specific shop "marvin car decors" their quality of material were good but the guys there wont even bother about ur car there was this situation where the guy who was doing undermatting in our car opened the door suddenly slamming it to the open door of the adjacent indica which caused a minor dent on our car
we have done these on the car
1.crash guard on the front
2.door visors(which we dint ask for)
3.3d mats
4.car freshners(pacl of 3 which were free of cost
5.sun shades
6.blues lights on under the car(was my touch)
7.steering cover
8.rear ladder
9.roof rack

this is vijay signing off(lol) thanks for reading it till the last will update very soon

Last edited by a moderator:
Though Lately, congrates on your monster. Can i know what is the total OTR price at that time? If their is any price difference between the new and old endeavour?

Thread Starter #3
Though Lately, congrates on your monster. Can i know what is the total OTR price at that time? If their is any price difference between the new and old endeavour?
thank you, the total OTR was 20l. The new and the old endeavour have slight difference of 1l. the new endeavour cost around 32l OTR

Last edited:
My MY !!!! That mammoth beast is such a beauty !!!! That Big brutal SUV has always been one of my favorite's ever since I saw her at Chennai ford long back when it was launched!!! How about the maintenance cost mate ? and I wish you many happy miles together with the beast [:D]

Top Bottom