My Maruti Suzuki S-Cross 1.6 Alpha [Video Review]

Thread Starter #1
Hello Everyone! This is my first post in this forum and I am looking forward to being an active member on these forums. This post is about my ownership experience with the Maruti Suzuki S-Cross. In January 2016, I took the delivery of my Urban Blue 1.6 Alpha S-Cross and after driving it for more than a thousand kilometers, here's my review for the same. I thought, I would do something different and make a video review for anyone who is interested in the car. Do watch it and let me know your feedback about the same [:)]
However, I will soon post some high resolution pictures and a "text-based" ownership experience of my car too.
Summary of my experience with the car:-
i) Amazing Diesel Engine. If you want to get, the S cross, get the 1.6 without any doubts.
ii) Superb performance once the car cross 1800 rpm. Literally, throws you at the back of your seat.
iii) Turbo lag below 1800 rpm. Car feels a bit lazy.
iv) Comfortble interior and very well made infotainment system.
I have installed a few extra accessories like a spoiler, LED door Sil, Wooden styling kit and upgraded the Music System with Hertz Speakers and an active subwoofer.
Do let me know your questions and feedback about the car!
Thanks, And here's my review-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21vwtNknWUE

Hi,
Heard that 1.6 is another very powerful engine from FIAT. Hope you enjoy the power delivery.
But S-Cross is very costlier with 1.6.

Note : Could not able to see video, No access to youtube.

Thread Starter #3
Hi,
Heard that 1.6 is another very powerful engine from FIAT. Hope you enjoy the power delivery.
But S-Cross is very costlier with 1.6.

Note : Could not able to see video, No access to youtube.
The S Cross was costlier with the 1.6 when launched. It has received a price cut of around 2L now and the top variant comes close to 15L on road. I got mine for 14 during the December discounts

Hello Everyone! This is my first post in this forum and I am looking forward to being an active member on these forums. This post is about my ownership experience with the Maruti Suzuki S-Cross. In January 2016, I took the delivery of my Urban Blue 1.6 Alpha S-Cross and after driving it for more than a thousand kilometers, here's my review for the same. I thought, I would do something different and make a video review for anyone who is interested in the car. Do watch it and let me know your feedback about the same [:)]
However, I will soon post some high resolution pictures and a "text-based" ownership experience of my car too.
Summary of my experience with the car:-
i) Amazing Diesel Engine. If you want to get, the S cross, get the 1.6 without any doubts.
ii) Superb performance once the car cross 1800 rpm. Literally, throws you at the back of your seat.
iii) Turbo lag below 1800 rpm. Car feels a bit lazy.
iv) Comfortble interior and very well made infotainment system.
I have installed a few extra accessories like a spoiler, LED door Sil, Wooden styling kit and upgraded the Music System with Hertz Speakers and an active subwoofer.
Do let me know your questions and feedback about the car!
Thanks, And here's my review-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21vwtNknWUE
Hi Nimit, First of all a very very warm welcome to The Automotive India Forum (TAI), A nice Review video it was a nice detailed review and enjoyed watching it, because sometimes i get bored watching some Expert review but your was very useful and entertaining review. S-Cross a nice car which comes in between of the hatchbacks and SUV's and serves both segments cars duty. And the 1.6 engine is reallya welcoming engine to india by indian customers and maruti can tell it proudly that bringing fiat's 1.6 diesel engine before fiat itself. And did you get any freebie's from nexa.[:)]

Thread Starter #5
Hi Nimit, First of all a very very warm welcome to The Automotive India Forum (TAI), A nice Review video it was a nice detailed review and enjoyed watching it, because sometimes i get bored watching some Expert review but your was very useful and entertaining review. S-Cross a nice car which comes in between of the hatchbacks and SUV's and serves both segments cars duty. And the 1.6 engine is reallya welcoming engine to india by indian customers and maruti can tell it proudly that bringing fiat's 1.6 diesel engine before fiat itself. And did you get any freebie's from nexa.[:)]
Yes I did. We did negotiate quite hard and got a discount on accessories too. And the basic ones like Mudflaps and Floor matting were free too

Congratulations on buying the S Cross. 1.6L is the only engine to opt for in this car. It is in a way unique and Maruti got the pricing wrong when they launched. I believe that have now reduced the prices.

Wish you many many safe miles

Thread Starter #7
Congratulations on buying the S Cross. 1.6L is the only engine to opt for in this car. It is in a way unique and Maruti got the pricing wrong when they launched. I believe that have now reduced the prices.

Wish you many many safe miles
Thanks a lot for your kind wishes! Yes, the 1.6 prices have dropped a lot and now I think the price is perfect. I,too, negotiated a lot and fetched a good deal for myself

Hi Nimit,
Congrats on your beautiful S-Cross! I'm looking at getting the S-Cross too, the less powerful one though. Though my commute doesn't warrant a diesel (45km in city), I love the ride and handling of S-Cross over the Honda City. Have you considered any other car during your purchase? I've been torn between three cars across segments:
Sedan: Honda City (petrol)
Hatch: Ford Figo (diesel)
Crossover: S-Cross 1.3

The tax hike in the budget announcement has been the only dampener. Planning to book the HC or the S-Cross by the weekend.

Cheers!
CR

Thread Starter #9
Hi Nimit,
Congrats on your beautiful S-Cross! I'm looking at getting the S-Cross too, the less powerful one though. Though my commute doesn't warrant a diesel (45km in city), I love the ride and handling of S-Cross over the Honda City. Have you considered any other car during your purchase? I've been torn between three cars across segments:
Sedan: Honda City (petrol)
Hatch: Ford Figo (diesel)
Crossover: S-Cross 1.3

The tax hike in the budget announcement has been the only dampener. Planning to book the HC or the S-Cross by the weekend.

Cheers!
CR
While the Honda City is a great car, I think many owners are complaining about the quality(interiors) of the car, which has deteriorated in the newest model. I did not consider any sedans because my mom is an arthritis patient and we need a car with a good seat height. Hence, We picked the S-Cross, whilst considering the Creta/Duster/Ecosport. Morever, the Alpha variant of the S-Cross comes loaded with a lot of features and eventhough your running is a bit low, the car will give you an amazing fuel economy and be light on your pocket.

Congrats on your purchase of S-Cross. Wish you loads of happy miles!!

1.6 DDiS 320 is a Gem. Once you floor the accelerator, its just a breeze and you will have a feel of getting pushed back on the seats.

Try adding Genuine Illuminated Door sill guards. They look cool.

PS : Your words in video review is Professional

Cheers !!

Thread Starter #11
Congrats on your purchase of S-Cross. Wish you loads of happy miles!!

1.6 DDiS 320 is a Gem. Once you floor the accelerator, its just a breeze and you will have a feel of getting pushed back on the seats.

Try adding Genuine Illuminated Door sill guards. They look cool.

PS : Your words in video review is Professional

Cheers !!

Thanks! I have added the Geniuine Illuminated Door sill guards! Those were the first bit of accessories that I picked for the car. Will post some photos soon about them

Top Bottom