My Torque Blue Swift: A Gift To Myself on My 24th Birthday

Thread Starter #1
Hello friends,

It is not an ownership review.I'm a newbie and i dont have experience in reviewing cars.Just want to introduce my very first car and how i end up buying a car instead of bike.Please forgive me if my english is poor.

Like many,I too was craze about cars,bikes and trucks since my childhood.My father was afraid of two wheelers,so he never got me a two wheeler.Since my father was in abroad there was nobody in family to drive a car,so he neither purchased a car too.We had to use taxi's for long trips and busses.I had so many fight's with my dad to get me a bike since my teenage,but he never got me one.Then i decided i will get me a bike for myself without my father's permission when i get my first job.After completing my studies i got my first job in the year 2012 as a NDT inspector in a inspection company for their contract with oman's national oil company called PDO(petroleum development oman).

I was excited to join this job as soon as possible because the package was good and my leave rotation was 150 days work and 28 days leave.Soon i joined my company and i started saving money to buy a BULLET CLASSIC 350CC.On my first vacation i booked black color classic 350 [:D] and the waiting period was 5-6 months.But unfortunately my father got to know about this and he was angry at me and stopped talking to me.After so many fight with my parents i decided to cancel the booking and drop my dream to buy a bike.On october 2014 i was on vacation to celebrate my and my mom's birthday.At that time my father's elder brother was planning to buy a car so he asked me some suggestions and we did some test drives on ford figo,i20 and swift.He then decided swift vxi model.

That moment i too thought of planning a car.Next day i visited indus motors showroom at palakkad,kerala with my mom and a well wisher of mine.There was a diffrence of 20k in on-road price between coimbatore and palakkad.The sales manager m.r biju was my well wisher's friend and was a nice person.He introduced me to his sales executive m.r noushal.I did another test drive but this time it was a diesel swift.My mom liked the car alot and we immidiately wanted to book the car.I planned to book zxi but endedup booking vxi as my sales executive told me vxi is enough for our roads and there is nothing much difference between vxi and zxi as zxi is equipped with airbags,abs,automatic control and alloy wheels etc,where vxi doesn't have all these.I was unaware about the importance of having abs and airbags so i choosed vxi above zxi.

Booking experience

I decided not to buy both white and silver color as it was common color among swift.

I didnt like both blazing red and glistening grey color.I love black color but since it was my first car i didn't choose black.Then only option was torque blue,the only color which i have seen very rare among swift.I dediced to book torque blue.But my mom didn't like it.The didn't had stock in torque blue so she was not satisfied with my decision.I then convinced her somehow.She said ok.As i said before they were not having torque blue in stock when enquired they told us it is on way and will reach their yard by 18th october.Date was 14th october.I wanted to take delivery before my mom's birthday which is on 19th october.M.r noushal said it will take minimum one whole day for them to get ready the car for delivery.Also they were not sure about the date when will the truck reach their yard.I then asked them to contact their showrooms on other locations.Finally! they had stock in calicut indus motors and they said they have made all arrangements to bring the car before night.Next day(15th october) morning i got a call from noushal that the car has arrived to their yard last night.I took my mom to their yard showed her the car.She loved the color.I checked the odo reading it was showing 14 kms.

M.r noushal quoted me 5.85lakhs on-road price.After discount 5.65 lakhs.

I paid 1.5 lakhs down payment balance amount as loan.After booking they brought the car from yard to their showroom.Time was 4:30pm,We both visited their workshop and had a look on their work for few minutes and we left.On 17th morning i left to the showroom along with my friend sai to take delivery but the car was not ready yet.Time was 11am i had to take the car for puja and leave for cochin to sent off my sister to dubai.Her flight was at 8:30pm.After a long wait the car was delivered at 2.15pm.My sister and mom came to palakkad by a taxi from coimbatore.We then left for cochin without performing puja.

Overall experience was good.Both sales manager m.r biju and sales executive m.r noushal was very polite and helpful.They gave me a discount of 20k overall including accessories with free double teflon coating.

What i liked

- Exteriors and design

I loved swifts design alot.It is its sporty look which attrated me to buy the car.The ground clearance is another pros of swift.Good ground clearance among its rivals.
-Interiors

I liked the all black interiors and waterfall like centre console.The steering has nice design and light too.I loved it.
-Handling and performance

Everyone knows about swift's handling and performance very well.As always it is awesome.Light steering and good pickup.Even on AC's i never felt any difference in pickup.I'm very much impressed with the 1.2l vvt engines power.The throw it produce.

-mileage

Mileage is around 17.2 kmpl in highways and 16 kmpl in city with AC.

what i didn't liked

To maintain the cars all black interior without getting dirt.

Boot space which is not sufficient for a family trip.

No 60:40 spilt seat.

It has been a year 4 months and 30000kms of ownership.had done few long trips to munnar,bandipur,sabarimalai,thekkady,chennai and valparai.most of the trips were hill stations with 4 or 5 persons,never felt underpowered.4 services have been done so far.very happy with the performance of my car.Now its time to upgrade stock wheels and tyres to 15".have bought 15" plati alloys.planning to give stripes on bonnet and few other upgrades like handrest,reverse camera,projector headlamps,leather finishing on steering and a sporty spoiler.

When the car was waiting at yard

20141015_112702-min.jpg

20141015_112720-min.jpg

Getting ready for delivery

20141016_170617.jpg

20141016_170556.jpg

Receiving keys from m.r noushal.My friend sai on left side.

IMG-20141018-WA0000.jpg

20141017_142509.jpg

Did 498kms trip to cochin airport via shornur (to pickup my uncle)and then returned to coimbatore via shornur-palakkad.

1st service was on 6th day @ 1400kms as i went to sabarimala so i was not able to service @1000kms.

here is few pictures of odo meter of first day's trip to cochin.

20141018_000252.jpg

20141019_093500.jpg

few more pictures following.

when my car was parked outside my home because of house repair works.

IMG_4960[2].JPG

IMG_4959[1].JPG

Finally a new car porch for my car.

trqueblue@home.jpg

Got new LED parking lights from MGA for Rs.200/- for a pair.sorry for blurred image.this image was taken enroute to munnar on last november.

IMG_4957[1].JPG

Thread Starter #5
Ok.im planning to do a long road trip to leh with my friends soon.eagerly waiting for my next vacation.

Thread Starter #10
When will your vacation start? and I have a small doubt can swift make it up to go in Leh Ladakh road?
on april but i will come only on september.because i'm going to quit this job and startup my own business in coimbatore.regarding leh ladakh trip i have seen a thread in team-bhp where a couple did a trip to ladakh in their ford figo.

Hi,
Congratulations on your new Swift. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.
So still your biker dream ON?
yes of course,but don't know when[sad].

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the new Swift buddy.The Swift looks best in this color. But a set of alloys would make it even more better. Have a happy and safe journey with the Swift.
Regarding the Leh-Ladakh trip, there a numerous travelogues in TEAM BHP, which they did in cars like Swift,Grande Punto,Etios,Figo,etc. So you can do it guys.
Cheers

VaishakDazzler Post No#18
VaishakDazzler, He has bought a ste of 15" alloys for the car from plati alloys brand and he has posted the pics of it in my swift's thread as he mentioned in the post no#20,"rockstar enters home:swift Vdi".

Shabri Post No#19
And yes Shabri i am waiting to see the pics of your swift fitted with the alloys that you have bought.[:)]

on april but i will come only on september.because i'm going to quit this job and startup my own business in coimbatore.regarding leh ladakh trip i have seen a thread in team-bhp where a couple did a trip to ladakh in their ford figo.
And Advance congrats on your new business, And i don't know about those travelogues let me take a look at it, thanks for the information[:)].

Mod's Note:Request members to stick to the topic and refrain using other forum topics or references to discuss here further posts off-topic will be deleted.

Top Bottom