Owning a Italian Beauty: Fiat Punto MJD

Thread Starter #1
Hello Autofreaks,

This is my first ownership review of first car, as iam not good writer you may get bored of long story sorry for that,
Well well well,
It was all started in 2015 AD June lol ,
After a hard work of 2 years I a private forum it was time to spend hard earned money into some asset like plot or a flat, as iam a commercial and marketing person I think of investing getting more returns but I never thought I would purchase a thing which would depreciate day by day, for that iam not on grief but iam very happy to own a machine ☺.
OK coming to the buying process first mom told to buy a car it ll be helpful to family and your job but I was not interested I thought of buying car when I plan to get marriage , but destiny had something for me one night I thought for a long period I asked my self where is that crazy driver who never tiered of behind the wheels, actually during college days I used work in travel agents vehicle or a private vehicle not for money but for craze of wheels in these professional days I actually forgot that Crazy driver. [frustration]
Then crazy driver decided to own a wheel my budget was 4L and no loan started searching in olx, car trade reading reviews in car dekho, car wale.
Requirements
Compulsory Diesel
Sedan or hatch
Mid version
5 seater as we are 4 in family
Preowned with good condition
Machines in Race
* Maruti suzuki
swift and dezire due to the high value quoted by owners and built quality dropped it.
* VW
Polo and vento actually it was a good choice but feedback regarding service cost was a bomb so dropped
* Toyota
Liva I booked this new vehicle almost before seeing MJD machine but looks was sober and as I don like EMI dropped it.
* Fiat
Punto and linea
Linea is my all time favourite but I did not find good condition linea in my place, and my uncle owns punto active diesel 1.2L Odo clocked, I called him and asked the feedback after I seen the MJD and called him to come to TATA TRUE VALUE he inspected the vehicle took a ride he told it's perfect but clutch and gear was harder than his punto till then I din ride it.
Next day was a D-day unexpectedly I noted down regd number went to FASS to check the vehicle history as I was afraid about odo tampering but it was not happened all services were done in FASS it self, I took a BOSCH service mechanic to inspect once again a minor rusting was there but not an issue.
After lot of bargaining and all dealer agreed for 4.20L but as it is 420 I paid 4.21 total. [lol]
FIAT PUNTO 1.3 MJD DYNAMIC
Odo reading 30K
June 18th 2015

I'll soon start up a 2nd session.

IMG-20160217-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20160217-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20160217-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20160217-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20160217-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20160217-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20160217-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20160217-WA0001.jpg

Re: Owning a Italian Beauty punto MJD

Congrats on owning Fait punto. Post a teaser of your car before you continuing to 2nd session. Also start your session ASAP I am eagerly waiting for it.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Re: Owning a Italian Beauty punto MJD

Thank you mike, [:)]
Definitely 2nd session pics ll be uploaded.

Thread Starter #5
Now let me start a 2nd session

Initial ownership
First thing I liked about FIAT is that heavy feeling you get behind the steering thanks to HPS.
2nd thing THUD sound while you shut the doors too heavy doors, like a TANKER.
3rd thing Driver oriented car if u observe punto emblem behind the car "P" looks like a driver seated.

* Exterior
Those tear drop headlight timeless design looks like a mini porche
Compared same segment car I'll not say this is a best looking car but definitely I'll say punto is strongest in the segment.

*Interiors and features
Interior is not bad and not that good also, but new PUNTO EVO interior I love the piano finish, I use 3M dashboard shiner to make it to look elegant.

* Features
Main draw back was stock HU which only supports CD, but some days I managed with Dapic FM amplifier but it was not giving good sound so replaced HU with PIONEER HU with a fascia frame which cost me around 4.3K after lot of bargaining lol

In a odo display you ll get many information like outside temp, Avg kmpl, Instant kmpl, Range, Trip A, Trip B, Date time and day, headlight adjustment, service intervel and many more it acts like a mini CPU.

Punto has fire prevention system.
ABS and EBD which is not mentioned on the body like other cars lol .

A/c works ultimate in 30 degree temp outside single point is enough to chill out.
Height adjustable seats and seat belts.

*Engine and performance
1.3 MJD engine is considered as a national engine used by 40% of indian cars, it is most refined engine 3rd Gen,

Turbo lag is seen upto 2k rpm but after 2k power burst into and it will pull you to back seat.

I clocked it 170km/hr in Mumbai pune Express way , at that speed steering response remained same like 80km/hr thanks to HPS.

We are in the world where people ask "kitna deti hai" lol iam getting 20 to 22 kmpl when iam on seat, it varies driver to driver.

Braking is best in class upto 130 km/hr total tank is under control ABS and EBD works superb

Clutch is much longer and a bit harder when compared to Swift, i20 but it plays very well in bumper to bumper traffic and on speedbreaks.

Gearbox is rubbery as it's common complaint with punto and bit harder looks like you driving a SUV

* Ride and Handling
Low speed or high speed it does not matter MJD in low speed steering is bit heavy due to HPS but it has life in it feedback is just awesome.

Tires and wheels
Dynamic version has steel wheels thank god that I got new MRF tyres from pre owner which will run another 30K kms,
but FASS service assistent told MRF are not good for Punto as it is too heavy vehicle weighing around 1.3 TON, so next planning to upgrade MACHELINE.

3rd session will start soon.

Thread Starter #8
Now it's time to change stock HU as it did not had USB and AUX pin.
PIONEER
FASCIA FRAME
Total cost 4400. IMG-20160315-WA0005.jpg
I choosed display to be reddish orange to match punto cluster display as it's orange.

IMG-20160315-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20160315-WA0003.jpg

Hi,
Its a very good one. My friend is also using the same type in his T board vehicle. Daily it will play for minimum 10 to 12 hours, since he is having regular trips. Good life.

Top Bottom