My White Wasp - TVS Jupiter

Thread Starter #1
During the month of December we decided to buy a scooter for my daily commute and for household shopping. Then started working out the budget and features required.

The budget was below 65k on road, I shortlisted the scooter for TD
The shortlist is

1. Suzuki access 125
2. Honda Activa 125
3. Hero Maestro edge
4. Hero duet
5. Tvs wego
6. Tvs Jupiter
7. Honda dio

Later I left out Suzuki access 125, Honda Activa 125(on road price about budget [And for Activa 125 TD vehicle was not available]) Then dio was dropped because of its one and half months waiting period. Then the choice left was between two Tvs and two hero. The Tvs wego was dropped as it a very little footboard area as compared to rest three (I will use this scooter to transport gas cylinder occasionally). Hero maestro edge was dropped as it will not available for delivery by Jan 1st week. And it was between Tvs Jupiter and hero duet.

Features:

Hero Duet
• Telescopic front suspension
• Digital odometer in vx variant
• Usb charging ,boot light
• Side stand indicator in vx variant (side stand should be purchased separately for both variants)
• Mileage 63.8 kmpl claimed
• On road price 62500/-

Tvs Jupiter

• Telescopic front suspension
• Mobile charging , boot light
• 12”wheels
• Largest wheel base
• Smallest turning radius
• Gas charged rear suspension
• Centre aligned engine layout
• Mileage 62 kmpl claimed
• On road price 62800/-

One evening decided to go TD both the scooters. First went to hero dealer as I am a huge hero follower and last three bikes we owned was hero Honda. The sales advisor was very polite and they explained all the features of the bike, went for td but the Td really let me down. A small jerking was felt in speedometer area while starting to accelerate. Then I thought it was TD vehicle complaint and went and TD drove a duet in their godown, but sadly this one also had the same complaint.

Then I moved to Tvs showroom, they had 45000km clocked TD vehicle. Test drove it and to my astonishment even after clocking 45000 km the scooter was a real pleasure to ride, the 12”wheels telescopic front suspension and gas charged rear shock absorber combination showed its magic. The seats also very broad which can easily seat two well-built people. The braking was on bit poor side. The vehicle gave huge confidence to corner at high speeds thanks to its centre aligned engine and 12”wheels.

And thus Jupiter left me stunned. And now I was in love with Jupiter
Then came the difficult task choosing the colour
Jupiter have 5 colours and two premium colours
Avoided the premium colours because the foot board was beige in colour in both the premium variants. Hence we had volcano red, silver, midnight black, titanium grey and pristine white

I cancelled black as it will be a magnet for scratches and dirt, then titanium grey was dropped as was the most common colour in city, I don’t like silver so it was also dropped. Then it was between red and white…….and after a long discussion decided to go for white.

After colour selection gave all the documents for loan procedures.
The dealership was fast in processing all the loan procedures. I got the loan sanctioned in just 1 and ½ days.

Then decided to take delivery on Jan 1 but they said the vehicle wil be billed in 2015, so changed the date to Jan 4.

On the day of delivery we reached the showroom by 3pm, we were greeted by the sales advisor and showed all the bill and other papers
The on road price was rs.62800/- with basic accessories
Then we had to wait around 10 -15 mins to get the bill for mobile charger accessory, then we were asked to come outside for delivery.
I inspected the vehicle for any damage or scratches and found a scratch on the back panel near the fuel cap. So we had to wait for 20 mins get that replaced .Then the vehicle was delivered.

The sales advisor explained about the main features and functions of the Jupiter

Then I took a test drive of the scooter and everything was feeling okay
And left the showroom to get the scooter blessed @ church
The odo had 1.8kms reading on it

The dealership had given 1.2 litres of petrol during delivery
Then I stopped @ a IOC fuel station to fill up the tank (I always only use IOC fuel in all my bikes and car)
The tank was full @ rs.240 (rs63/l) i.e. almost 3.8 litres of petrol and total fuel tank capacity is 5ltrs.
During first day itself I clocked 50kms on odo. This will be used as daily commute for office (around 23 kms up and down)

crossed 4 days with my white wasp and have clocked 144.5kms so far . And more than quater tank fuel is still left.[:D]
The ride is smooth.
When we ride @ steady speed(40km/hr) the scooter shows a very little missing .
I enquired about it in tvs service centre and they said that it is because the engine is tuned for mileage
Today purchased the foot board mat( Rs.270 )

Attachments

Top Bottom