Maruti Baleno 2015 - Alpha Petrol :: White Horse - Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
I am a newbie in writing reviews and this is My First Ownership Review...

Having used Honda Amaze for a year (24000 KMS) thought of going for an upgrade which has Airbags, ABS, decent looks, all the gizmos etc..

First thing to do is selling my old vehicle which i have done by posting in car trade. And thanks to Car Trade - the car got sold the same day as the asking price was set not too high and it was set according to the market value.

Car Trade link for my old car. - Its Sold Now [:)]

Now the search begins for the new car. Budget set was <= 9 lk (for diesel)

Cars Considered.

• Hyundai elite i20 - Petrol was not drive happy
  • Honda jazz - Price is high with what we get
  • Ford Figo / Figo Aspire - would have gone to this with my eyes closed if i was buying a Diesel
  • the newcomer Maruthi Suzuki Baleno

Test drove all the above and finally settled between elite i20 and the new Baleno.
initially was thinking of going with Diesel mill. But changed my mind to petrol as I will be changing my job in the near future and Kms that i travel will be reduced. Done my calculations and finally decided for Petrol.

Now did the test drive again for Hyundai i20 and Baleno and finally selected Baleno as my next vehicle which has all the things that i am looking for.

Booking Experience and Delivery:

The experience i had with the Nexa was good but not premium. It is same i received as that of Honda. The only change i found is that Nexa was using all digital mode while Honda used more paper.

Booked the vehicle on Nov 5th. I have actually booked a Zeta Petrol and the colour options given were Granite Gray / Premium Silver / Arctic White.

color.jpg

The promised date of delivery is 3-4 weeks approximately. And here comes the Diwali Holidays which has increased the waiting period of Baleno to 3 months. RM has called me and updated that G.Gray would take more time and he is trying for P.Silver and A.White which were being shipped in plenty from Maruti plant.

Got a call from RM on 24th Nov that a white Alpha in transit and If i would go for it. As my initial booking was for Zeta i was not interested in Alpha as i have to stretch my budget. The care was given to some other customer.

In the mean time went through different sources and came to a conclusion that Projector Headlamps will not be retrofitted as an accessory and now started thinking about going to Alpha.

Got a call from RM again on Dec 1st that there is a white Alpha and a silver Zeta in transit and if I would be interested in that. Discussed with the family, my close friends and looking the review by TAI I decided to go for Alpha. Confirmed the same to RM in the evening and he said the car will be arriving by Friday and I can come to the stockyard for PDI. I did my PDI and all set for delivery on 5th Dec.

pdi1.jpg
pdi2.jpg

The delivery experience was smooth and I was given a box of Ferrero Rocher Chocolates and Bouquet of Flowers along with car keys.

finally my white horse has arrived. (This is the 1st Baleno at my work place and also near my house locality. Was feeling happy and excited when everyone was coming and asking about the car and its features. Suddenly i became a RM [lol])

Initial Ownership Impressions

What I liked:

• Excellent Design from Maruthi and User-friendly cabin with loads of space.
• AC was very effective. Even my 11 year old Alto is very good in AC coolness. (so no complaints)
• Plenty of Boot space. This is one reason which stopped me going for a compact sedan.
• Petrol engine is smooth and the NVH levels are too good.
• Dual Airbags & ABS with EBD which was my top priority.
• Both sun visors get ticket holders and illuminated vanity mirrors. (only in Alpha)
• Loved the feature list such as UV-cut glass, projector headlamps + DRLs, reversing camera, Apple CarPlay, navigation, electrically-foldable ORVMs and more

What I didn't like:

• Seats are not as good as Swift. Under-thigh support for rear passengers is limited.
• Light build quality.
• Powerwindow switch and ORVM adjustment console borrowed from Swift / ertiga/ dzire. The ORVM control KNOB is very flimsy and i have a feeling it will not last for long.
• Maruthi should have included rear fog lamps for Indian Baleno as how it is doing for European models instead of leaving the bottom clear lens in the rear light as dummy for Alpha models.

tail.jpg

Registration Process
Pg 3 Post #43

Accessories installed:

Door visors, Side Door Beading, Mud flaps, Body Cover, Floor Mats, Seat Covers, Sports Pedals

parking.jpg

Few Observations so far:

The mileage that is being shown on the MID is not accurate to my understanding. The MID showed 24.9 km/l at some stretch on a long drive. Finally when I has filled it with fuel to check the actual mileage i got tank full to tank full is 18.5 km/l which is also good considering the fact that I drive 50% city and 50% highway.

speedo.jpg

Took the physical key out of the key fob (for unlocking the door using the key if it gets locked) and left the key fob inside the car near the Gear Rod area. Now closed the door and tried to press the request sensor on the handle for locking. But it didn't lock and I heard some beep from inside of the car. Tried again and it didn't lock.

Now took the key fob out of the car and pressed the request sensor and it locked this time. I guess the request sensor detects the key only when the fob is with in close proximity. When i left the fob inside the distance is more than 2 feet and it might not have detected the fob. And that's why it didn't lock the door. And when it is in my hand it locked because the fob is very near to the sensor - say 1 feet.

Just one word – SMART

key.jpg

Recently noticed the rainbow effect on the alpha projector headlamps. Not sure if it is with every alpha car or just one off case. However the MASC SA told that its with every Alpha that has come for servicing. Had to verify it physically.

Collage 2015-12-19 12_07_30.jpg

Service Experience:

1st Free Service Done @ 1001 Kms.

Amount - 0 Rs.

Boot door sensor button was not sitting in its place and was coming off. Complained about that. They have adjusted it but i was still demanding for a replacement for which they obliged and put order for the part as it is not readily available. But sour point is, it might arrive only after new year due to Holiday period.

There is no specific bay for NEXA vehicles in regular Maruti ASCs as I read somewhere. The vehicles were being serviced alongside swifts, altos, wagonRs etc.

Nice to see that the Service History got updated in the NEXA app with KMs and Date of Service along with the dealer Name.

Also I have asked the SA about the auto rollup of windows. He called to couple of showrooms (Not sure if they are Nexa Showrooms or any other) and confirmed that it is not available for Baleno. I asked if Swift / Ciaz doesn't use the same power windows internals of Baleno for which he said NO. Will be looking to add window Autorollup feature.

DIY to avoid the noise created by the tools in the Boot.
Pg 3 Post #33

DIY - VVT Emblem on Fender.
Pg 3 Post #40

DIY - Carpet Base for cup Holder.
Pg 3 Post #44

Got Seat covers for Baleno
Seat Covers installation

For those who are looking for the Manuals of Baleno and Smartplay System:
Here it is

Baleno Car Manual
SmartPlay Infotainment System Manual

- Sandeep

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: Maruthi Baleno 2015 - Alpha Petrol :: White Horse - Ownership Review

Let me be the first one to congratulate you on your latest acquisition. The car looks superb in this shade. Wish you lots of happy miles ahead. I also took delivery today.

Can you post a picture of the area behind headlamp assembly? A member wanted to see the coupler (connector) behind the headlight in Alpha but I have already started on a trip and will stop at night.

Sandeep,
Congrats and wish you loads of happy miles with your car !!

Can you post a picture of the area behind headlamp assembly? A member wanted to see the coupler (connector) behind the headlight in Alpha but I have already started on a trip and will stop at night.
No worries mate, send me when you are free. Thanks !!

Last edited by a moderator:

Congrats Sandeep and thanks for your detail review.

Have you put nexa seat cover or after market? Please share some pics of the interiors.

Even i upgraded from zeta to alpha p after coming to know head lights cannot be changed.

Thread Starter #5

Congrats Sandeep and thanks for your detail review.

Have you put nexa seat cover or after market? Please share some pics of the interiors.

Even i upgraded from zeta to alpha p after coming to know head lights cannot be changed.
Thanks Rolocosta.

I haven't put the seat covers on. Nexa was quoting me 10k for the seat covers.
I had enquired with local dealer and he sent in some images of seat covers.

The below are 8k.

IMG-20151210-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20151210-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20151210-WA0010.jpg

The below are 12k.

IMG-20151210-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20151210-WA0009.jpg

- Sandeep

Congrats on your new car. Even I am expecting my Alpha petrol sometime in Feb.
One thing that bothers me is the missing underbody protection. Wonder how the performance will be in free inches of accumulated rainwater.
Also, how is the headroom at drivers seat?

Thanks Rolocosta.

I haven't put the seat covers on. Nexa was quoting me 10k for the seat covers.
I had enquired with local dealer and he sent in some images of seat covers.

The below are 8k.

View attachment 188775
View attachment 188771
View attachment 188773

The below are 12k.

View attachment 188772
View attachment 188774

- Sandeep
Your local dealer is expensive. NEXA would give you better quality and look than these at similar prices.

And I think Suzuki or Baleno written on the seat cover would look better. So, get from some other dealer.

Congrats on the new car! I think I will also get the side molding installed. Have already got some scratches on left side. Hope they will remove them at first service.
Amazon has some nice looking covers at good prices. Does anyone here have any experience buying seat covers online?
http://www.amazon.in/s/ref=nb_sb_no...n:4772060031,n:5257474031,k:baleno+seat+cover

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9

Congrats on the new car! I think I will also get the side molding installed. Have already got some scratches on left side. Hope they will remove them at first service.
Amazon has some nice looking covers at good prices. Does anyone here have any experience buying seat covers online?
Amazon.in: baleno seat cover - Car Accessories: Car & Motorbike
Thanks Chandra.

Getting seat covers online is always a risk due to the fact that sometimes there might be some damages and also you wont be getting warranty on those. And if they get damaged during transit you have to return them on your own expenses. Also we cant put them on so easily.

Nexa or any local dealer would be a wise option in my opinion because you can always go to them for any problems of peeling or stitches coming off.

FYI, Nexa seat covers comes with 1 yr replacement warranty for any manufacturing defects.

Even my local dealer gave me 3 yrs of replacement warranty.

Think well and go for online option if you are not bothered about warranty.

Thanks

Thread Starter #10

Let me be the first one to congratulate you on your latest acquisition. The car looks superb in this shade. Wish you lots of happy miles ahead. I also took delivery today.

Sandeep,
Congrats and wish you loads of happy miles with your car !!

No worries mate, send me when you are free. Thanks !!
Thanks Ice_wise and Kashyap.

Ice_wise congrats on your new possession and wish you lots of happy miles ahead. What color shade is it ?

Below are the images of the headlight backside. Tried to pull the light out by twisting it but only managed to remove indicator bulb. Other than that nothing was coming out. Also it was mentioned on the headlight with a sticker on saying to visit MASC for replacement of any bulb.

Please let me know of this picture is what you are looking for. If not let me know and i can try to take those pictures.

IMG-20151228-WA0011.jpg
IMG-20151228-WA0012.jpg

Got a dent today when a auto wala kissed the rear of the car. Was very tensed thinking alot has been damaged. Luckily its a minor one but neverthless it is also a dent on new car [cry]

IMG-20151228-WA0010.jpg

I dont want to get it repaired now itself and would like to leave it like that. But will still try if i can push it from backside by removing the cladding of the rear wheel. Any advices ???????

- Sandeep

Last edited:

chsrdeepu8, yes in all alpha models the headlamps give a rainbow effect at the top attaching a pic for your reference.

Attachments

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Got a dent today when a auto wala kissed the rear of the car. Was very tensed thinking alot has been damaged. Luckily its a minor one but neverthless it is also a dent on new car

I dont want to get it repaired now itself and would like to leave it like that. But will still try if i can push it from backside by removing the cladding of the rear wheel. Any advices ?
Sandeep, its nothing major to be concerned. Give a punch to it after removing the rear wheel cladding and its good to go. Apply the rubbing and it will be all gone.

Regards

Akash

Below are the images of the headlight backside.
Thanks a lot Sandeep.

Got a dent today when a auto wala kissed the rear of the car. Was very tensed thinking alot has been damaged. Luckily its a minor one but neverthless it is also a dent on new car [cry]

View attachment 188812

I dont want to get it repaired now itself and would like to leave it like that. But will still try if i can push it from backside by removing the cladding of the rear wheel. Any advices ???????

- Sandeep
And man, My car got a dent on same place (on the day of delivery) I have left it as it is to avoid evil eyes !! (sorry its solely my opinion)

Attachments

Hi.
Congratulations on your new Maruti Suzuki Baleno. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues. If they would have concentrated in alloys, the looks will be an additional plus point.

Sandeep - Thanks man. I have got silver colour.

Yes I needed those pics only. Thanks. I had also clicked them but was too lazy to move to laptop, resize, and post! [lol] As it is an HID bulb, replacing at individual level would have been a tad difficult for the masses.

The damage is not major, let it be. Instead of removing the cladding yourself, go to a dent-paint wala and get the area hammered from inside. Warn him to hit slow and easy with the hammer as paint may crack at some places (outside) or body panel may bend outward (due to hits).

Akash - Hands of steel. [clap] One punch, dent gone! Now I know whom to contact in case of minor damages. [lol] (Kidding sir :P)

Top Bottom