Mahindra XUV500 FWD: Ownership Review (59,000 Kms Update)

Thread Starter #1
Nearly 4 months after joining this forum I am sharing the ownership experience of my XUV 500 which I bought in May 2014. I know its already 18 months into ownership but its never too late to share the experience of my First SUV.

The Background:

Right from my college days, I had a strong liking towards SUV but unfortunately my dad wasn’t interested in it as it would be difficult for my mom to use it. More over mileage, lack of AT (during 2004) discouraged him. Then finally in 2010 - 2011 Aria & XUV 500 got launched and my desire to own one got multiplied by many folds. Again due to sheer number of niggles & issues on both the vechiles made me stay away. From 2012 my work demanded highway travelling and travel to Tier 2,3 cities &villages. For a year and a half I manage with my Figo but right from the beginning I knew this wasn’t the car for it (unpaved & broken village roads). In 2014 Mahindra's “Zero defect Program” for XUV got executed, Aria prices were reduced significantly along with good offers & second generation Safari got launched. Finally I decided to go for an SUV. The choices were XUV 500, Aria & Safari Storme and had to test drive all the three .

Requirements:

1. Excellent highway cruiser – Since I travel a lot.
2. Cornering & Minimal body Roll by SUV standards.
3. Good Handling by SUV standards.
4. Seating comfort
5. Good Road View.
6. Decent Fuel efficiency.
7. Should seat 5 adults comfortably
8. Max Safety & Convince Feature
9. Good Braking
10. Long term reliability – Long lasting engine and gearbox like Innova & Scorpio

Test Drive & observations :

Tata Safari Storme -:

Finer Aspects: Excellent Ride, comfortable driving position & seats, commanding view of the road, hydro-foamed ladder chassis (lighter & better for rough use), all new dashboard & overall refined vehicle in all aspects than the previous generation Safari.

Dislikes : Decade old model, proven track record for weak electronics and electrical (Tata’s heritage), poor Service (from my dad's past experience of owning an Indigo), not feature loaded, doubtful Long term reliability, not a proper seven seater, resale value, 2 airbags , no electronic stability program, roll of mitigation, traction control & less fuel efficient.

Decision: Rejected

Tata Aria -:

Finer Aspects: Validated by Land Rover, comfortable seats, adjustable second row, height adjustable individual arm rest, hydro-foamed ladder chassis (lighter & better for rough use), the interiors were better put together(had a German flair to it), lots of storage spaces, balanced ride and handling , good built, better fit & finish, feature loaded, display (first of its kind in a TATA), had adecent boot space, a first well engineered TATA product & gear knob placement was better than XUV.

Dislikes:
Price (higher than XUV), weaker electronics (there were issues with ESP), Resale value & pathetic service, disappointing sales.

Decision : Rejected

Rejection Factor : In spite of its dislikes, still I was very much interested in it but finally had to drop it due its weak sales, resale value, poor service & long term reliability. May be if sales had been good, I would have definitely considered it.

Mahindra XUV 5OO -:

Finer Aspects: Long list of safety & convince Features , pricing , VFM, better service back up than TATA , flat ride, excellent handling by SUV standards kudos to Monocoque structure, 6 speed , excellent seating comfort especially 1st and 2nd row (way better than Fortuner, Safari, Pajero Sports & Aria), acres of space in 1st and 2nd row, cornering lamp, color display, GPS, Mahindra Blue sense app, low cost of maintenance, long term reliability, ambient lighting, cushioning is on the firmer side which is good for spine and long drives, excellent highway stability & minimal front dive on hard braking.

Dislikes: Ride is on the firmer side which results in less cushioning ride and impact/vibrations/jarring effects felt while going over a pothole at high speed, bouncy especially for the second row occupants over a speed breaker. It’s no Duster or Safari when it comes to ride, Niggling issue, braking though improved could have been better, minimal boot space, non adjustable 2nd row, average sound system, torque steer, steering rake & height adjustment range could have been better, too many textures on the dashboard and reflective on the windscreen. Fog lamp placement could have been on the higher side because in case of any off roading it might take a hit & rear glass visibility is not as good previous gen Scorpio.

I want to explicate the term long term reliability: XUV shares the same engine with Scorpio with some additional refinement, technical & power improvements. Scorpio engine has a proven track record on par with Innova’s which lasts for about 400000- 500000 kilometers. Personally I had driven a Scorpio which had clocked more than 1.6 lakhs kilometers, yet it had good pick & was able to maintain triple digit speed. During my first service, the service adviser shared his experience about his uncle’s Scorpio which had clocked more than 600000 kilometers and still going strong.

Decision: Go for it - Since it met all my "Requirements" and at the same time I can live with all its "Dislikes". The Dislikes weren't strong enough to reject XUV 500.

Booking and Delivery experience : I booked my XUV 500 on 4-April- 2014 and took the delivery on 28-April-2014. Booking and delivery was very well taken care & coordinated by India Garage. It was a smooth sailing experience from the beginning till end & I was very much satisfied with it.

Booking details :

Ex.Showroom : Rs.1357847
Insurance : Rs. 45,389 (Bumper to Bumper -Bharathi Axa)
Registration, Life Tax & Safety Tax : Rs.2,18,327
On Road price: Rs.16,21,563

Cash discount : Rs.11000 & freebies: Rs.6000

Accessories:

1. MegaAudio DVD Rear seat entertainment System(2014) – Rs.25000 : Radio Warehouse
2. 3M nomad mats for all the 3 rows(2014) – Rs. 1681.19 (1 Sq.ft – Rs. 240.17 )
3. Side sfoot step(2014) -Rs. 10200 : Mahindra
4. Illuminated scuff plates(2014) – Rs. 3600 : Mahindra
5. Kicker Coaxial 3 way speakers (Front & Back)(2014) – Rs.9000 : Neotone Audio
6. Rain Visor(2014) – Rs.1795 : Mahindra
7. Rev.Camera(2014) – Rs. 3500 (Free Accessory)

At 3M : The day after delivery
20140507_155529.jpg

MegaAudio DVD Rear seat entertainment System 20150904_212634.jpg
20150905_112823.jpg

Kicker Coaxial speakers vs Stock speakers
20140503_163705.jpg

For further details regarding MegaAudio DVD Rear seat entertainment System please refer to : http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...nched-rs-11-21-lakh-coverage-page-7-a-22.html

To be continued......

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
Re: updated upto 3rd service- Mahindra XUV 500 GREY FWD - Buying & Ownership Review

I will categories my ownership review in to 5 parts & the associated highway runs

1. Up to first service – 5000kms
2. From 5000-10000kms
3. From 10000-20000kms
4. From 20000Kms-30000Kms
5. 30000km up to present day

1. Up to first service – 5000kms :-

After the delivery on 28-April-2014. It was sitting Idle for the first three days & by the fourth day we had planned to go to Sirkazi which about 272 kilometer from Chennai. The road to Sirkazi was around 160 kilometers drive on the National highway and remaining 112 kilometers on the State highway.

Observation made during the travel :

1. Overtaking required some planning as I was driving an SUV for the first time. All our previous vehicles were sedans & hatchbacks.
2. Excellent straight line stability & minimal body roll
3. Adequate braking & minimal front dive compared to other SUV’s.
4. Confident enough to make sudden lane changes at high speeds.
5. Ride was flat & nobody complained of any back aches ( the rest who traveled with me were all above 55-60 years old).
6. Steering was direct and had decent feedback though not like Figo.
7. Since the travel was a mix of state & national highway the F.E was around 11.5 kmpl.
8. Suspension always produced a thud sound & the vibration got filtered in to the cabin when ever it went over a pothole especially at speeds above 60 kmph and had a rough edge to it . I think its due to the monocoque setup rather than a ladder frame which tends to smoothen out the bumps.

Issues :

a. Right from the day I took it to seekalzi the storage compartment on top of the dashboard had its lid pop out each time whenever I went over a pothole / bump [frustration]. It was very irritating & finally got it rectified after three visit to the service center.

b. The left front suspension started making metallic noise whenever I went over a bump & solution was to change the torque setting in the suspension.

What is torque setting with reference to suspension?
A= Tightening of screws on the suspension mount.

1st service bill details:
1 st service.jpg

Illuminated Scuff plates:
20151224_224710.jpg

2. From 5000-10000kms :-

This was period when I started using XUV on frequent highway runs for my daily professional needs. I started getting accustomed to the XUV's body language/ getting myself in sync with the machine.
Lots of highway runs made me understand the pros and limits of the vehicles. On daily basis I used for 100-150km (Tirvallur/Kanchipuram districts) for my business requirements and then had been on long drives to Trichy, Madurai, Vellore & Pondicherry. XUV 500 is an absolute highway cruiser & even after 500 kilometers drive I dint experience any backaches or fatigue(thanks to firmer seat and good lumbar support).

Issues :

a. After my trip to Maduranthakam , the left front suspension started making noise and the strut was replaced under warranty. Reason for the same is due to manufacturing defect as mentioned by the service adviser.

b. Infotainment occasionally got hanged and had to be reinstalled thrice to get the bugs fixed.

2nd Service bill details:

2nd service.jpg

3. From 10000-20000kms :-

During this period apart from my day to day use I had been on a long road trip to Coimbatore. There were no issues on the way to Coimbatore and I was in complete sync with the machine. It was pleasant trip, seats were so comfortable & the vehicle was cruising all long in triple digits speeds without any hassle. Even my 89 year old grandmother found it to be very comfortable and non tiring. The average fuel efficiency was 12.5kmpl as I was mostly maintaining triple digit speeds.

Issues:

a. After reaching Coimbatore the very next day I had been Marudhamalai Murugan temple(which is a hill temple), as I was approaching the foothills the infotainment system froze twice and I had to restart the engine to make it functional. The same got repeated on my return journey. After coming back to Chennai I had to get it reinstalled for the 4th time & this time people from Omnivision (the company which made the infotainment software) had got the bugs fixed.

3rd service bill details:
3rd service.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Re:Updated till present day Mahindra XUV 500 GREY FWD - Buying & Ownership Review

4. From 20000Kms-30000Kms :-

After the third service I hoped that it would be a smooth sailing experience since all the issues had been rectified but rather I was wrong. Till then it was the Infotainment software which made me visit the service center multiple times. This time around it was the front brakes & power windows [frustration]which made me visit the service center twice & still(front brakes) it hasn't been sorted out. Apart from the above mentioned issues XUV 500 is fine on all other aspects including the infotainment system which is functioning well after 4 re installations.

In the month of September I had been to Yelagiri(Hill Station) which is about 230 kilometers from Chennai and on my return journey the mileage recorded was [shock] :

20151025_210436.jpg

Its a known fact that none of the cars shows the exact mileage and it is always appropriate to detect 1.5 - 2kmpl from what is being displayed. Even after the correction it beyond the ARAI claim.

Issues:

a. The front brakes started producing a screeching noise when ever the brakes were applied. One peculiar aspect was, the screeching noise was absent when the brakes were completely applied. When ever the brake pedal was pressed to about 30% of its play it produced a screeching noise but when fully applied it wasn't there. So I did some research into it and came to know that many XUV owner have reported the same. The culprit seems to be the poor quality brake pads(may be: accumulation of asbestos dust on the pads) used in it though usage of asbestos in the brake pads have been phased out in most parts of the developed nation. After every highway run the asbestos dust was present on the rims. So I had been to the service center and they cleaned the disc and the pads & had applied silica gel to the pads. Explanation given by the service adviser wasn't satisfying but finally found the real cause behind it, from an another XUV user who had reported the same issue and also noted that every time he did a car wash he too got the screeching noise. It is a know fact that after every rains/car wash most of the brakes do produce a screeching noise for some time and then it disappears after a short run but in the case of XUV 500 it was permanently present after each car wash especially if the water is sprayed on the rim / alloys and I had the habit of doing it. To cross verify it I did sprayed water on it (after the silica gel was applied) and yes the screeching noise cropped up again. The solution to it do not spray water on the rim / alloys rather clean it with a wet cloth.

b. 3 out of 4 power windows became nonfunctional and it got rectified in the 4th service. Solution was to clean the switches & this was the first time I heard about the cleaning of power window switches which I have never experienced before in my owning/ previous ownership of any Hyundai, Ford, Maruti & Opel cars.

4th service bill details:
4 th service.jpg

After the service I was told by the service adviser that the brake pads would last for another 4000 kilometers and its safe to get it replaced after completing 3000 kilometers.

5. 30000km to the present day :-

Disaster struck Chennai in the form of heavy rains as most parts of Chennai got flooded. Luckily the place where I live the water was only about till knee height and had to take XUV 500 every time to get rations during the rains. As a result of which the brake pads have started producing screeching noise. Unfortunately my XUV was hit by a tricycle and the left rear wheel arch plastic cladding got damaged.
20160101_071157.jpg

So as usual had been to the service center and was shocked to see so many XUV lined up for repairs due to the damages caused by the floods. There are nearly 150-170 vehicles in all the three India Garage service centers & the same case with other dealers too. It seems it would take till mid of February to clear it up & the S.A advised me to take my XUV to the nearest service center outside Chennai as there were no ramps available. My repeated request to accommodate my vehicle was denied.
20151214_110015.jpg

The estimation given to above flood hit XUV is nearly 7-8 lakhs [shock]. There were many more XUV's similar to the above one.

So I am planning to take my XUV to the service center at Tiruvannamalai(197 kilometers from Chennai) as I have a business visit planned by the coming week.

To be continued......I will keep you all updated.....

Last edited:
Re: Mahindra XUV 500 GREY FWD - Buying & Ownership Review

I think the review is completed now. Heartiest congratulations on your XUV5oo. I am yet to read the review, but from what I can see, this is a wonderfully documented review. Kudos to you for writing in such detail and format. Keep the thread regularly updated with all happenings regarding your vehicle and wish you lots of happy miles in the XUV.

I was very surprised to see 2+ Lac tax on a 13 Lac vehicle, but then saw your location and couldn't help laughing (in Dehradun, it is 5%). [lol]

The fuel efficiency you are getting is good enough for such a heavy and huge car. Do post more exterior and interior shots! I was thinking that an HID upgrade (for low beam) would be the best gift for the car this new year!

Thread Starter #5

I was thinking that an HID upgrade (for low beam) would be the best gift for the car this new year!
I don't have any plans for an HID upgrade rather I would go in for a LED variant of Hella in the near future.

nice ownership review, it's sad to see your car affected!! my friend lives in annanagar chennai he have 4 cars but he parked in various places his cars are not flooded. would like to see beast on the road back!!

Thread Starter #7

General observation & Opinion about XUV 500:

• XUV is an absolute highway cruiser and would have been better if an automatic variant was available back in April 2014. My occasional highway drives in my Verna automatic made realize that an SUV + Autobox would be the best combination for highway drives except for those who are mileage conscious.
  • It is an absolute Value For Money product and having said that most of VFM 's do have some niggles & issues and doesn't come trouble free because you get so much packed into a product for medium price(some might disagree to this). If the same vehicle had been manufactured by Toyota it would been priced around 25 lakhs. So compromise in the quality to some extent is expected and I am happy that Mahindra didn't cut costs on engine & transmission. It is one of the best engine offered at this price points. The list of features(at the time of launch) available in XUV 500 are found only in BMW X1, Q3, Santa fe etc.. and SUV's priced between these two doesn't offer much. The next generation Fortuner & Pajero are sure to close gap.
  • India Garage has the best service center for Mahindra in Chennai. Service technician Mr. Vijay is a XUV doctor.
  • Maintenance is very nominal for an SUV & you cannot demand more from Mahindra. Mahindra has offered a feature loaded SUV at great price point and which is nominal to maintain.
  • Space & seating comfort especially thigh and lumbar support is way better than Fortuner and Pajero sports which is 14-16 lakhs more than XUV. The only SUV which offers similar comfort & space is Santa fe .
  • What I heard from the service technician & from my dad's friend who has bought the face lifted XUV is that the braking has been improved significantly which has resulted in "brake bite"( clinching braking effect experienced upon applying the brakes) which are usually experienced in a European Cars/Suv's. Other improvements are the redesigned water fall center console on the dashboard, infotainment display and the throttle response in 2nd & 3rd gear has been improved apart from the changes made to the exterior.
  • It would be better if Mahindra equips XUV with Bridgestone Dueler tires as a standard fitments as it tends to last for 60000 kms for normal day to day use and in case of frequent highway use it lasts for about a 100000 kms- I got this verified from the service center.
  • Better sounding music system would have been better. Initially I had plan to replace the stock speakers with a component one but later
    I was told that there were some earthing issue with front speakers which resulted in "iissh sound" being produced. Hence I decided to go with Kicker professional speakers instead of a component one -I got this fact (earthing issue) verified from the service center as well as from my ICU vendor Neotone.
  • My current stock tires -Apollo Apterra would last for another 10000kms after which I am planning to install Bridgestone dueler HP.
  • The mileage on the infotainment display doesn't go below 9kmpl irrespective of the driving condition & I have heard the same with many XUV owners too. Its quite wired. Hope Mahindra has corrected it in the face lift.
  • Right from the beginning I was of the opinion that it deserved a bigger infotainment display and Mahindra has got it right in the facelift.
  • Excellent warranty by Mahindra: 3years / 100000kms & extended warranty up to 5years / 150000kms - Few manufactures do offer such warranty which ultimately shows their confidence in their powertrain & gearbox.
  • Overall maintenance of XUV in the longer run is comparatively cheaper than its sibling Scorpio if compared up to 150000kms. The reason for the same as pointed out by the service technician is that the front suspension replacement for XUV is around Rs.7000-9000(each) & for Scorpio its at Rs.23000(each). Reason pointed out by him was that the suspension setup for the ladder frame Scorpio is on the expensive side. Are ladder frame suspension setup more expensive than a monocoque -Needs to be verified.
  • XUV offer a flat ride which is mostly absent in a traditional SUV's which have ladder frame chassis.
  • Sliding function to the middle row seats sorely missed even in the face lift.
  • Boot space is very minimal.
  • Placement of gear knob and arm rest could have been better.
  • Powered lumbar support function could have been included in the face lift but again sorely missed.
  • Today if I decide to go for an another SUV at 15-20 lakhs price point, it will be none other than a XUV W10 AWD Automatic.
  • Wish Mahindra offer an upgrade from FWD to AWD as an option - May be we have to spend one more lakh for installing an AWD system.

Desired features on the next face lift / next gen XUV 500 :

1. Powered tail gates
  2. HID for low beam.
  3. Panoramic sunroof (optional)
  4. Premium sounding music system on the W10 variant.
  5. Height adjustable co driver seat.
  6. Powerful variant of mHawk engine.
  7. Heads up display.
  8. Sliding middle row seats.
  9. Sun blinds for the 2nd row.
  10. Heated rear view mirrors.
  11. Electric Power steering with different driving modes.
  12. AT tires for All Wheel Drive variants.

Last edited:

Hi,
Very clean write up. Congratulations on your new XUV500. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.

How can the bill come upto 8 lakhs for Flooded XUV?

Thread Starter #10
Re: Mahindra XUV 500 GREY FWD - 56000km update

Hi Friends,
It has been more than a year after my last update. Sorry for the delay. XUV has done about 56000km and the last one year had been a mixed experience. I will start off with my last update “30000kms to the present day”.

As mentioned in my previous post, after the floods the service center had about 150-170 flood hit XUV's. They had an initially estimated of 3 months to clear it up but it went till June. After June they started taking bookings but within a short span the waiting period was up to 1.5 to 2 months. The reason behind was due to the closure of MPL Mahindra dealership because of which the other two service centers (India Garage & Zulaika motors) had a heavy inflow of vehicles from MPL customers and this waiting period went up to October. Due to the above reason I had got my vehicle serviced (40000 & 50000 kms) at Jain's Mahindra Vellore(140Kms) as I was on frequent trips to Vellore.

30000-40000 Kms :
In the month of January 2016 I had been to Vellore for about a week and I had to travel from Vellore to Tirrupattur (80 km). On the way the screeching noise from the front brakes became more pronounced and I knew the brake pads had to be replaced. So the next day I took it to Jains Mahindra and they changed the front brake pads and cleaned all the discs. I was told that the rear disc pads would last another 20000-30000kms. Only in few XUV’s the brake pads had lasted for 36000kms because it usually lasts for about 30000kms. The front brake pads costed Rs.4179 and with labor plus taxes the net bill amount was Rs.5715. Then things were fine for another 2000kms. By around 38000kms there was a “keech keech” noise from the engine bay. This noise was produced during the compressor running cycles and went mute after the cut off. Again I had been to Vellore on a weekend and took my vehicle to Jains Mahindra, they did a thorough check up and replaced the tensioner, pulley and belt under warranty worth Rs.24000. In the month of March XUV had crossed 40000kms and servicing was done at Jains Mahindra Vellore. The billed amount was Rs.4907.

40000-50000kms :
This was the most painful period with my XUV. It had to be towed twice. In the month of October when I was returning from Madhurantakam (85 kms from Chennai) hill descent / ascend hazard light started flashing and it was constantly on till I reached home. By the time I reached Chennai it was almost 10.30pm so decided to take it to the service center by next day. As I was busy the next day, I couldn't make it through. Throughout the day whenever I started the vehicle within 10 minutes of running time hill descent / ascend hazard light went on flashing and slowly one by one all the hazard lights went flashing. I was bit worried but somehow I made it to my granny's place and by around 9pm I left her place and it refused to crank and every time I tried cranking all the hazard lights will go on flashing and start producing a beep sound. Finally called Mahindra24*7 and towed the vehicle to the nearest Mahindra dealer (zulaika motors) by the time I reached the service center it was 11.30pm and handed over the keys to the security team at Zulaikha. Very next day I got a call from service adviser and he informed me that somehow the engine immobilizer had got activated resulting in total shut down and it was the same reason I was not able to crank and on the same day I took my keys and got it reprogrammed. The complete software pack was flashed and fresh installation was done and got my vehicle delivered by evening. I took it on a long drive to do a thorough check & everything performed as expected. Then it was a fine driving experience for next 3 weeks until the same issue cropped up again. This time it was near my residence and had to tow it to Zulaikha motors. They had it for 3 days and did a thorough check up and the culprit was a loose connection in the immobilizer harness.

50000km to present day :

The 50000kms service was a routine one. The service bill was Rs.4669 and up to 55500kms there were no issues. About a month back, it was around noon time when I was at Ambattur when hill descend / ascend hazard light went on flashing again and slowly all the warning lights started flashing, luckily Zulaikha motors was nearby and took it there immediately. They had it for 2 days and as usual the software was flashed and everything seemed to be in perfect condition, even the service technicians were clueless as to why it happened and after flashing the software the issue got resolved. All the wiring were thoroughly checked but still the root cause was not identified. They took for a long test drive and gave it back.

What could be the reason?
1. Some bug in the software.
2. Something related to the immobilizer unit.
3. Any issues with the wiring .
CLUELESS[confused]

Attachments

Last edited:

Hello, can you give a review of the kicker speakers over the stock ones?

Hi,
All the new advanced technologies in the car is rather a disadvantage than an advantage. Its really tough to accept these kind of issues. Wishes for your car, not to receive any errors moving forward.

Thread Starter #14

Hi Friends,
This ownership update is from July 2017 - Till Date; 56000 - 58000kms. Two events had happened & are as follows:

1.Tyre Change
2.Error Warning lights showing up & leading to breakdown - I had already reported this issue twice in my previous reports and this the third time it is repeating .

1. Tyre Change :- The stock Apollo Apterra has lasted for 56000kms and it had less than 3mm of tread depth. It was almost worn out and the time had come to replace it with new ones. My priorities were long term durability and I had two options to choose from:

a.Bridgestone Duelers
b.Michelin Latitude tour HP

The service guys were recommending Bridgestone since it had got proven track record of lasting around 80000-100000kms. They informed me that few owners who had opted for Michelin had later developed alignment issues ie., drag towards left hand side. Personally I was clueless as to how a mere tyre change would result in constant drag towards left hand side. So decided to play safe and went in for Bridgestone Duelers.

Ride & Feel after Tyre Change - The steering felt tad stiffer compared to the the worn out Apollo Apterra's and even ride was slightly on the harder side.

Hope Michelin would have had better ride & improved braking distance.

2. Error Warning lights showing up & leading to breakdown - I had already reported this issue twice in my previous reports and this the third time it is repeating
:-
This is the third time its repeating and it started with hill descent warning light showing up, luckily it started as soon as I left home so immediately took it to Mahindra service - India Garage, previously twice I had taken it to Zulaikha motors. They immediately diagnosed it and the root cause was MBFM - Mahindra body function module, it's the master controller for many electronic / electrical functions. If I had delayed then slowly one by one all the warning lights would have show up in the speedo console and finally resulting in breakdown & failing to crank. The issue was a loose connection with the MBFM module along with its associated wiring's. The Service guys contacted Mahindra and have reinstalled the MBFM as per their instructions and have promised to change the MBFM and its wiring under warranty if the issue repeats again. The cost of MBFM + wiring is Rs.35000 plus.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #15
Re: Mahindra XUV 500 GREY FWD - 59000kms update

Another issue cropped up recently. Few days ago when I was on my way to the work place suddenly engine check light showed up and again immediately took it to Mahindra Service - India Garage. They did the diagnostics and found that the Fan motor is malfunctioning and got it replaced it under warranty.

Last edited:

Top Bottom