Dream Accomplished: Journey of Taking Home New Mahindra XUV5OO W6

Thread Starter #1
Finally Felt the sensation of holding steering of my dream new car. [:)]

Don’t know from where I should begin. OK let’s talk about some history and about the process of buying this.
As everybody knows that for a middle class person it tends to be much difficult to set up the mind for investing around 1.5 million for a car. This process of decision making becomes much mind storming in-spite of taking home the same practically. EMI will also become a mental stress because it digests more than half of your monthly salary and it continues for approx 4-5 years. It was not just a one month mind mapping for me, for last 2 years I have been going through this dilemma, searching all day long for what’s new happening in the same.

Buying this car is more than luxury, more than status and more than any desire. For me, it was like a big priority dream and I had to fulfill this at any cost, for the reason being I wanted to gift this car to my dad. I skipped my sleep for several nights and keep on thinking and researching about which brand, which car is better, how I should adjust my budget and many more questions. Oh now let’s stop this.

IMG_20151213_113750.jpg

Move on to start researching
Requirements

• 7 seater, more space
  • At least 2 airbags and ABS
  • Within 14 lacs budget
  • Good and reliable A.S.S
  • Low maintenance cost
Cars, I was considering

1. Honda city: - In 2014 When All New City launched. I loved the car in first sight
Positives :-

• Great looks and style
  • I-Vtec engine
  • Good mileage
  • Excellent space
  • Reasonable pricing
Dislikes :-

• Sedan car but mind says for SUV
  • Low GC
  • Many niggles and Honda ASS
Although I loved this car but somehow it failed to fulfilled my complete requirements.
2. Hyundai Verna
Positive :- 6 airbags and safety
Negative :- Not a fan of fluidic design

3. Ecosport :- Everything good but it’s a ford vehicle and also a sub 4 meter length

4. Scorpio :- First car which fits according to our requirements.

• Excellent front side looks in new gen Scorpio.
  • Have all the features in top model
  • Scorpio brand name
Negatives :-

• Same from side as old gen

• The interiors were much disappointing, did not felt like a 15 lacs car.

• Seats were not comfortable.

• Sharp edges everywhere, could be harmful.

• 120 bhp power.
5. Tata Safari Storm

• Everyone’s first love
  • Status symbol
  • Powerful engine
Negatives: -

• TATA A.S.S
  • Outdated looks
  • Lack of features.
6. Mahindra XUV500
I was much excited for the launch of new gen XUV 5(double O).

• It comes with fresh front end styling.
  • New interiors, which are far better than previous one.
  • W6 slightly go above my budget.
  • 140 bhp powerful engine.
  • Mahindra offers great A.S.S.
  • Best part is Mahindra did not specify any time limitations for 3 free services i.e., services will be required when vehicles runs for 5k, 10k and 20k kms nothing like one/two/three year time duration, which is really a good service for us.
So in 7 seater segment there were not many choices there
Safari
Scorpio and
XUV500

And the winner is XUV500 in my case.[clap]

IMG_20151213_113826.jpg

IMG_20151215_193710.jpg

Booking and test drive experience

I started visiting the showroom from Sep 2015.
Wanted a test drive but the demo car was not available that time and I came back with a quotation. I met there with my Sales Advisor Mr. Ravindra. He was very supportive and friendly during whole process. We get first quotation of around 14.41 lacs on road with no discounts at all. SA assured us that he will come to my place for TD.
After some days and some tele-con he came and we took a test drive and were fully impressed with XUV. Excellent ride quality. We drove in city traffic, also on some bad roads.
Now I was in the process of adjusting my budget and thinking how we could manage this dent in our pockets.
Now dec came and I saw in news paper that Mahindra is offering the year end discounts. I confirmed the same to Mr. Ravindra. Next day (4 Dec) I went to the showroom again for the latest quotation. Now the prices increased little bit in Oct so OTR was 14.55 lac without discount and 24500 cash discount on W6 variant. I was happy with it but still looking for more bargaining.
On 7th Dec, we took the TD again on more bad roads and we assured that the lack of chassis is not much problematic in normal usage.

On 10th Dec, I booked white W6, deposited cash, took the booking docket and came home.

Dent on wallet

Ex-Showroom - 12830901
Handling charges - 8050
Discount - (-) 24500
After discount - 1267451
RTO - 117209
Insurance - 43248 (O dep)
Other - 220
Total - 1428128
Corporate Discount - (-) 10000

After more negotiation dealer get ready to give insurance in Rs. 36345 and more Rs. 4000 cash discount.

Final price becomes
Final OTR - 1408000

Accessories planned
Side step - 10500
Rear guard - 4600
Matting - 3400
Side Beading - 2200
Body cover - 1400
Fog lamps - 4500
Seat covers - 10100
No. Plate frame - 1200
Total - 37700
Perfume and Tissue paper box given free of cost.

Grand total - 1445700

IMG_20151213_114116.jpg

IMG_20151213_145405_HDR.jpg

IMG_20151215_193334.jpg

IMG_20151215_193405.jpg

IMG_20151215_193939.jpg

IMG_20151215_193908.jpg

IMG_20151215_194032.jpg

Loan process
I wanted to go for SBI or SBBJ but slow processing talks about these govt. sector banks are always there to be heard.
On Friday 11th Dec, 11am loan agent came to collect the documents. A bit later I got a message from SBI that my loan has been sanctioned and concerned officer would contact me for rest of the formalities. Same day in the evening around 4.30 PM branch manager called me then I visit SBI branch for signing some documents and got sanction letter. Branch manager and loan agent both were supportive and friendly. SBI facilitates nothing less than any other private sector bank. Whole the process of loan took just one day which made it lightening fast. Hassle free process.

12th Dec Saturday
Did PDI on Saturday, approved the car which was manufactured in November 2015. Got Bridgestone tyres. Everything looked perfect. Only 20kms on ODO. Ordered accessories installed on same day. Billing done on same day and got invoice, insurance cover note(Tata AIG), Purple club Welcome kit, RTO and insurance invoice.

Taking Charge
Took delivery on Sunday 13th December. The whole process takes just 20 minutes. Some gifts and chocolate gave by SA, gate pass and 10 liter diesel coupon. Also explain features in short.

IMG_20151213_113841.jpg

IMG_20151213_124156_HDR.jpg

IMG_20151215_193431.jpg

IMG_20151215_195127.jpg

Re: Dream acomplished- Journey of taking home Mahindra new age XUV5OO W6 Pearl White

Awesome looking White Beauty!

Congratulations on XUV 5OO. It is always an enthralling experience to have it finally (after months/year of toiling around).

Do update the thread about your initial experiences (pluses/minuses), as you see it.

And wishing you many safe miles.

Congratulations on your XUV.

Hey man, your air freshner is not at a good place, it might hamper air bag deployment, instead of this get the ones which can be fitted on the AC grill slot.

Thread Starter #4
Re: Dream acomplished- Journey of taking home Mahindra new age XUV5OO W6 Pearl White

Hey man, your air freshner is not at a good place, it might hamper air bag deployment, instead of this get the ones which can be fitted on the AC grill slot.
it is fitted by the dealer, i will replace it later on right place.

Congrats XUVDreamer. Nice write-up. The car is looking beautiful in the snaps. Wish you lots and lots of happy miles and a thrilling ownership ahead.

Keep the thread updated. Do post more pics of the interiors, the ice blue illumination looks cool. And you should have created the thread in the topic in progress zone, would have looked more comprehensive.

bhvm

Honoured Member

Finally! The dream is accomplished. Many Congrats and wish you many happy miles with the beast.

Nice to see your thread finally up. I guess a large part of your review is waiting to be put so I'm subscribed to the thread.

Congratulations buddy for your acquisition [clap]and wishing you many many happy, thrill loving and safe miles with your Cheetah.

And yes welcome to the XUV group buddy.

Hi,
Congratulations on your new Mahindra XUV 500. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.
Its really a great pleasure at the time you achieve your good long waiting dream to a reality. Nice one, Enjoy.

Congrats on the XUV, it is an awesome car, the perfect SUV in my opinion and looks great in white. Wishing you many happy miles!!

Top Bottom