Maruti Swift Torque Blue VDi DDiS: The Glistening Rockstar Enters Home

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,
This is a ownership thread of my Maruti Suzuki Swift VDi.

Before i bought the swift i had Maruti ZEN and Ford Fiesta. later i decided to exchange my zen with a new car. Because my ZEN's A/c cooling gone down to the hot summer in coimbatore. we decided to exchange it.

My options were:

1. Volkswagen Polo

We had polo in our mind because it had good scheme buy in 2013 pay in 2015 so that we almost finalized it later the account statement was not sufficient to avail that offer. So that we dropped it. Proud to be a owner of swift. and will recommend the car to my friends.[:D]

2.Maruti Swift

the swift is me and my dad's choice because it was our longtime wish to buy a swift but it was not be able to buy one so that later the offer of polo was not able to avail we both were very strong in buying swift.

Verdict: Decided to go for swift.

Buying experience: we started or hunt for the best discounts with all four dealers. after lot of bargains decided to take the car from Jai krishnaa maruti mettupalayam. later there started a problem COLOR? Me and my dad preferred Blazing Red and Silky Silver but my Mom and sister preferred Torque Blue final color was torque blue the winner unfortunately there was no top end varient in blue color with any of the dealer there was only LDI and VDI to choose from so booked Vdi. went and saw the car in their stock yard. payment made through net banking. did not pay any money for lucky number and all we were strong that by nature we'll get a good number as i said afternoon my sales consultant call me and told your car number is TN 38 BW 1139. All formalities done took the car door delivery on 05/01/2014 but not satisfied with the delivery there was no ribbon nothing they not even cleaned the car properly both interior and exterior and we cleaned everything and we did pooja by our own.

Final breakup
Vehicle Cost: 7,60,000/-
Cash Discount:37,000/-
freebies:MGA Silver package For Swift, teflon coating, full mat, roots horn, under chassis coating, mud flaps, number plate and perfume worth of Rs.40,000/-
Finally paid:7,25,000/-

after taking delivery did 1st free service in just one month and went to chennai for the first time which was really awesome trip frankly speaking swift is really a hardworking machine 4 passengers on board and boot full of luggages the car didn't even felt underpowered and it was comfortable. And it was so good so went to chennai 3 times in swift and a one day trip to mysore via ooty and returned via bangalore nice ring road.
now the car has compeleted 22,400Km and i am getting 24.8kmpl to a litre.

Best of the car:
1. sporty chassis and steering
2. good after sales and service
3. high seating position than its rivals
4. best diesel engine to drive very fun to drive.
5. Excellent high speed stability so far done 165kmph effortlessly

Negatives of the car:
1. Worst in class boot space
2. All black interior feels a bit cramped at night.
3. dashboard hit in my knee and leg whenever i press the clutch.
4. even though the engine is effortless in high speed ride the engine becomes too loud inside the cabin.

Yesterday went to 3M car care to wash the car do some body wrap jobs posting some pics of it.

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: The Rockstar enters the home:Maruti Swift VDi

Let me be the first to congratulate you on your new ride. If history has taught us anything, it's that Swift is one helluva machine with fine ride quality and impressive mileage. Since you have owned a maruti before, I am guessing you are no stranger to the dependability of MASS.

Enjoy ur new acquisition and also shed some light on city vs highway FE.

Cheers

Thread Starter #4

thanks docraj, yes i love the swift and in city the car is extremely comfortable and the suspension is also well tuned to tackle all the bumps and pot hole and in 1st and 2nd gear car can even go upto 500rpm which makes the ride hassle free there is no frequent gear change inside city and in uphill with 4 passengers on board and with luggages on the boot the car easily climb the hill in 3rd gear. in city bumper to bumper traffic i get 24.0 kmpl average and in highway the stability is fantabulous and the engine is very loud above 125kmph but it doesn't irritate. averagely i am getting 25.8kmpl in highway.

Last edited:

Congratulations FordFiesta1.6 on the MarutiSwift1.3! [lol] Wish you lots and lots of happy miles in the blue beauty. And that is some phenomenal mileage you are getting, is it via MID or tankful method?

The wrap looks awesome. You should have got that cut along the rear windshield instead of continuing it towards the taillamp. BTW is that OEM spoiler? Looks a bit thicker than usual.

I must say, both the cars you have are brilliant colours and you have maintained them really well. Kudos! Keep the thread updated.

Thread Starter #6

Congratulations FordFiesta1.6 on the MarutiSwift1.3! [lol] Wish you lots and lots of happy miles in the blue beauty. And that is some phenomenal mileage you are getting, is it via MID or tankful method?

The wrap looks awesome. You should have got that cut along the rear windshield instead of continuing it towards the taillamp. BTW is that OEM spoiler? Looks a bit thicker than usual.

I must say, both the cars you have are brilliant colours and you have maintained them really well. Kudos! Keep the thread updated.
yes in tank full method also it shows the same mileage as the mid's avg. yeah its oem spoiler that is included in the silver package mga. i liked and told them to stick the body wrap like that.

Re: The Rockstar Enters Home: Maruti Suzuki Swift VDi

Hi,
Congratulations on your new Maruti Suzuki Swift. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.

Thread Starter #9

Friends sorry for delay in updates because i caught cold and i was not active felt really bad and now feeling better, on 22nd december 2015 went to south india motors (maruti) to fit the chrome accessories that i bought online like side mirror chrome and dicky chrome posting some pics of it.

Attachments

And forgot to tell you all that 2 days ago received these two from ebay a sports badge and a set of chrome door handle attaching the pics and it is yet to be fitted.
Nice. I would say stop here and refrain from getting any more chrome. Both your cars are looking perfect now and any more chrome/badging/stickers will spoil it making it look overdone.

Install what you have already ordered and IMO stop here. [;)]

How is the car doing? How much miles clocked?

Thread Starter #12

So far so good done 22,500km in 1 and a half year. fitted the chrome handle and badges in south India motors (maruti) and bought cake for new year in Jm bakes. Posting pics of the day. Need to wash both the cars in 3M car care for their New Year.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14

some pics that i was not able to upload all the pics because i updated all these posts on my iphone.

Attachments

Thread Starter #15

Guys coming after a break of 5 days due to cold i was killed by traffic and everyone rash driving especially in this new year days haa[frustration]! and in this i itself forgot driving after returning:lol!:. and friends advance happy new year to all loveble TAI members and their pretty, handsome cars and bikes.... HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016

Top Bottom