Tata Vista VX: A Pre-Worshipped Charm

Thread Starter #1
Presenting the new pre-owned wonder of my NEELA.

02012.jpg

Neela refers to blue or the color of the sea and an Indian Name which connects with the Home-grown product.

Buying decision:

I was satisfied driving my '13 Chevy Enjoy (thread) until things turned bad where I had many factors to get it sold, major factor being the very bad service backup from the company. Which finally put an end to solve many issues.

Then was the decision to buy a smaller car for time-being came into presence.
We set budget below 4 lakhs as we didn't want to simply spend only for the car and there are few more commitments.

Need for a diesel car:
It's absolutely no point being without a car especially for a car enthusiast. My Enjoy did 40k kms in 2.5 years which turns up-to 16k kms annually and there was definitely a need for diesel one.

Options:
Being in 4 lakh bracket, it's obvious that we couldn't go for a new car and even if we want a better replacement for the Enjoy, it would be the Ritz or Figo where all were needing loans for which I felt it's simply waste spending on my current financial front.

Then we came across selecting an used hatch which were as below and reasons for buying them:

Swift: First and foremost resale king in this budget was from 2008 to 2012 models, where none impressed me! all the cars which I looked had more odo kms and it was too much for asking, ex, 2010 model 1 lakh kms run vehicle was quoted for 5 lakhs, the situation was similar with all swifts.

Figo: Though it has many fan following from fellow enthusiasts, I liked figo in all aspects and saw very good deals within and under my price budget, but the main thing which was pulling me away was the GC!, yes ground clearance does matter for me as I take it for long drives often and many times there will be no roads which will seriously affect my buying decision.

I20: It wasn't into consideration at all, but one such ad made me go mad which was 09 model Asta variant which has all the features of next gen cars, had run 35k on odo and the body condition was very neat. The buyer and I had agreed on the deal but had to be stopped from dad as he didn't want that much to pay.

Fiesta: After cancelling I20, Saw an ad for this 2009 Fiesta which had done 55k kms and was priced @4.5 lks, was looking very good in pics and suddenly called the seller to inspect the car and almost made my mind to buy the driver's car, which all turned to be a big fake!! In fact the fiesta was situated at the same place where I20 was and the fakeness came into the limelight where that person who had talked for i20 was selling this fiesta posing as a single owner, the car nonetheless was an accidental one, rear is completely replaced, roof works done and what not, my friend who was accompanying me walked off straight away from the car and there we go, another miss!

Ritz: After too many research in the websites and ads, the ritz had similar offerings like swift, managed to view in two deals where one was rejected the last day and another Ritz deal was cancelled as seller didn't want to let for the price We'd agreed the previous evening.

All of these left me in a pool of confusion, thus the complication started to look around again in the websites and apps.

Finally here it was posted,
The blue colored Vista was for very good deal and not so aged model in comparison to which I'd looked in the above options.

So I'd called this person and he informed that the car was available and gave the landmark for his car's location.

Then myself and dad set off in our scooty with the heavy traffic and reached the place, called him and he showed the way for his home.

Inspected the car, it was in very good condition,very less scratches,no dents right away ticked my conditional boxes, had run >30k kms and he offered us a long test drive for which I okayed all the aspects and then we were in talks, with all the records, and service bills he maintained seemed very vaild and genuine.

Off, we settled for a price and he agreed, and by that time my mother and friends bought in cash to take that car that day itself.

after filling in legal forms, we set off with the car and boy it was very good to drive the car and suspension setup was very comfortable! So we took it home and mum performed little pooja.

Been a week since I'm in love with this pre-loved wonder, liked the features offered for the price given.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
Re: Neela: Story of a Pre-Loved Tata Vista VX.

Rear- Well laid layout for this hatch, didn't like the black cladding below the glass, need suggestions ton how to remove them.

02011.jpg

Stock ICE, feels good to operate, has steering controls along with Bluetooth streaming, the SQ however sucks big time. Planning to fix Helix components, JBL 4Ch Amp and JBL 1150 retained from Enjoy.

P_20151208_195930.jpg

P_20151208_195942.jpg

Interiors,Wash and waxing done at 3M centre HSR layout Bangalore:
02013.jpg

02014.jpg

Insturment Cluster: Initially you have to get used to seeing to the centre for everything, it took me a day to get used to it.
02003.jpg

Interiors: The main USP of this car, there's no denying it's uncomfortable, will be the best buddy for long journeys, the seat height adjust is a boon for drivers of all sizes and shapes ;)

02009.jpg

02010.jpg

The glovebox feels like a pet's cage and almost anything can get inside!

02005.jpg

02004.jpg

The A/C has good soft feel quality but feels delicate, needs gentle handling, same applies to wiper and indicator stalks,
02002.jpg

All four power-window switches and they are lit unlike marutis, nonetheless there's no auto-up/down function
02007.jpg

Mirror control knobs:
02008.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3

Perfomance:

Since the car was under company's maintenance, all the services and replacements were done on-time.

Tyres needs replacement as the previous owner had changed only front two and rear ones went bald.

On the road performance is on PAR with the modern cars, however the turbo kicks in only after the car accelerates @2K RPM, where I sorely miss enjoy here.

Once it crosses 2k RPM, you've gotta see how it rushes! The MJD shows it's true power and engine just darts.

Suspension setup is superb and the road undulations are absorbed by the car deeply which is needed for my kind of driving and I don't need to complain about GC at all.

Service:
Well this is the main thing which is a set-back from the company, since this car is discontinued, a bit shaky, but When I have our member Varun, got no worries.

Planning to put alloys and changing tyres by next month-end. Rest I've made a better decision as dad liked it too!

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Rear didn't like the black cladding below the glass, need suggestions ton how to remove them.
Wonderful Vishwas. A wise choice indeed. In regards to the Black Cladding, Instead of removing it, I think, you can get it painted into body color so it won't look bad and shall gel with the car. Do post pics of exteriors in good weather.

Regards

Akash

Nice write-up Vishwas. Congrats on the Vista, and the colour and condition looks really nice. Hope this ride keeps you happy for the time to come! Wish you a happy ownership ahead. Keep the thread updated will all the happenings.

As Akash suggested, painting the black cladding to body colour or wrapping in Carbon Fiber vinyl would look good. Removing it would remove the Tata logo also.

Interiors: The main USP of this car, there's no denying it's uncomfortable, will be the best buddy for long journeys, the seat height adjust is a boon for drivers of all sizes and shapes ;)
You mean "There's no denying it's Comfortable", right?

Congrats Vishwas, hope you'll be happy with it. Vista was very comfortable car. I went to few trips in vista suspension are good. I have driven 90HP variant of vista.

Rear- Well laid layout for this hatch, didn't like the black cladding below the glass, need suggestions ton how to remove them.
View attachment 187654

Congrats Vishwas for car. Have a fun on ride.

IMO this black cladding looks good for white color.

Try body colored vinyl taping to remove this cladding.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Neela: Story of a Pre-Loved Tata Vista VX

Sad to hear about your enjoy. Congratulations for this Vista.It takes lots of courage to buy a pre owned Tata vehicle. I can see you got a winner. Wish you lots of miles.

Thread Starter #10

Thanks everybody for the wishes and suggestions. Will post more photos when I find time.

Will definitely come up-to something for that cladding.

You mean "There's no denying it's Comfortable", right?
My bad English, apologies meant to say it's comfortable.

Sad to hear about your enjoy. Congratulations for this Vista.It takes lots of courage to buy a pre owned Tata vehicle. I can see you got a winner. Wish you lots of miles.
On the practical front, I had to part away with enjoy.
Yes it does feel to take, but one should also be prepared what issues he/she faces with the brand in subject, anyways I've come across good people who has in-depth knowledge about the cars personally and in the forum, so [thumbswink]

Congrats buddy for the new italiana engine with the indian body shell.[;)]You got a good deal for this vista and it looks very well maintained by the previous owner.
Vista surely gives you the room inside cabin as Enjoy did.
Any brands you shortlisted for alloys and tyres upgradations?

Thread Starter #12

Congrats buddy for the new italiana engine with the indian body shell.[;)]You got a good deal for this vista and it looks very well maintained by the previous owner.
Thanks Vijay and yes the previous owner had used it sparingly, along with that the car was maintained by the company's vendor, hence he was able to replace almost many parts due for replacement, eg, the right mirror and one of the tail-lamp assembly was replaced and he gave me those with the car which made me to glue to the deal for the genuineness he told.

Vista surely gives you the room inside cabin as Enjoy did.
Obviously, the thing which I miss in this car are those "Extra row", Roof mount aircon and RWD power.

Any brands you shortlisted for alloys and tyres upgradations?
Planning for Yokohama Earth 1s mated with HRS alloys, please have your say about tyres.

A friend suggested me to go for Good-years GSD3 than Yokohama Earth1s as the former would be best for highway mannerisms. However I'm in love with the performance of Yoko Earth1s since it did good on bad roads and quite good in highways.

Hi,
Congratulations on your used Tata Indica Vista. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.
This car have a very good spacious interior compared to the cars in this segment. This TATA engine is too good. My friend replaced the timing belt only on 130000 kilometers. Maintenance were too less in this segment cars.

Thread Starter #14

Hi,
Congratulations on your used Tata Indica Vista. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.
This car have a very good spacious interior compared to the cars in this segment. This TATA engine is too good. My friend replaced the timing belt only on 130000 kilometers. Maintenance were too less in this segment cars.
Thanks Ambylovers, On the engine front, I liked the push after 2k RPM (Naturally aspirated MJD), hoping to have nice ownership journey. [:)]

The lights alignment is gone and I feel the need of upgrading for 90/100w lamps, however I need to know what specifications the lights carry out. Vista owners please shed light on this.

Welcome to the Club Buddy [clap]

As others said, Vista is a comfortable highway cruiser and the real character of the car comes to action beyond 2000rpm, when the Turbo Kicks IN[glasses]. It will be always fun to drive Vista on Highways(Experience speaks ;) )

Regarding Tyres, If possible upgrade to Continental 185/65/R14. 10mm width will give you better grip and superb comfort.

Continental is a all rounder and my previous set of tyres lasts for 50K kms.

BTW, Wish you millions of miles ahead with Vista.

Last edited:

Top Bottom