All New Maruti Suzuki Swift VXI 2015: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Hello Everybody,

For the last two years, I have been a big fan of this forum. Finally decided to write my first ownership review. I previously had a 2008 Maruti Suzuki Alto which clocked 44,179 km at the month of October 2015. The suspension started to gave lots of noise and the AC was also not up to the mark on a hot summer day with temperature hovering more than 35 degree. We went to MSA and they quote for 12K for the whole suspension setup. I discussed with my father that if we get a good amount for this Alto we will go for a new car. I have always dreamed of owning a Swift, so firstly we went to OSL MotoCop, VIP Road and after checking my Alto they decided to give 1 lac and 10K exchange bonus. My dad asked which is next best option in the price range. Next we went to Mohan Motor Hyundai, and checked for Hyundai Grand i10. The exterior appeal is smaller than Swift but once I stepped inside, it's just wow. The plush ambiance, dashboard, steering buttons etc. make it a upmarket feel. We came back home with the price list and brochure of both the cars and started discussion with my mom and better half.

On Sunday, 30th October 2015, early morning we called up Premier Car World, BT Road and went there as test drive car was available that day. The sales executive, Dipankar Koley gave a detailed explanation of each and every corner of the Swift and finally took a test drive of approximately 10 KM. The gearbox, acceleration and steering feedback amazed me. Special mention to the front seats and music system of Swift. The brake is somewhat not up to the mark. We also got a good deal of 1.4 lacs of my Alto, 10K exchange bonus and 7 silver coins. Finally returned home, and decided for Swift only.

On 5th September 2015, Saturday, we again went to Premier Car World and booked Swift VXI Silky silver as this color is easy to maintain with a token amount of rupees 5000. The on-road price comes to 6,13,000. After hard bargaining, we managed to get 1.7 lacs for my Alto. I choose petrol as my daily office commute is only 20 km. I submitted all the required papers in SBI Kamarhati branch and they promised to sanctioned it by next Thursday. Days went by and got the SMS of loan sanctioned on Wednesday. On 11th September, they asked to do the PDI. Immediately on the next day we went for PDI and the car appeared to be fine and it was July 2015 make model. We ordered few accessories lilke seat cover, full matting and parking sensor. Got freebies of perfume, foot mat, mud flap, steering cover.
My wife couldn't went because she was pregnant at that time, and finally we were gifted with a baby boy on the day of Ganesh Chaturthi, 17th September.

Finally, on 19th September 15, Saturday, my dream come true as the car was delivered on that date at sharp 4 pm in the evening. Me, my parents and my in-laws went for taking the delivery of car. It took around 1 hour time to complete all the formalities and submission of all papers of my Alto. Puja was made and all functions of the car were understood by the representative. Got 5 ltr of petrol coupon.

Now some pictures of my first car Alto and then my dream car Swift...[:D]

Few pictures of my previous Alto and all new Swift.

First thing that impresses about the car is the cabin. The snug fit seats, the black interiors, the awesome console, the chrome accent. It is just fantastic. The console looks fabulous at night.

I find the engine to be very refined and suspension to be the best. The car takes on good and bad roads with equal poise

The ride quality is very good. The car is a pleasure to drive whether it is in city or in highways. The car feels very stable and solid at high speeds. The steering feedback is just awesome. Well 110 is the top I have done so far.

The gear box is very nice. Love the sleek way in which the shift slots in.

The ground clearance is very good. There is absolutely no noise inside the cabin.

The car has stunning side, back and front profiles.

Now few pictures of interior..

Positives:

The Swift, still commands a presence. People still turn around for a peek.

The fit and finish has definitely improved over the older generation.

From 2nd gear onwards, just by a tap on the accelerator pedal, and leaves a smile on your face! Cruising at 60+ kmph speeds is as easy.

The music system has Automatic Volume Control.

High beam illumination of the headlamps is good, while low beam is average.

Free Service intervals are at 1 month, 6 months and 12 months, and thereafter every 12 months.

All-black interiors and the blackened A & B pillars look really classy.

Rear seats now have a 60:40 split options.

Steering-wheel adjustment for height (up/down).

Passenger-side sun visor gets a vanity mirror.

The OEM Head Unit. Supports USB/I-Pod, Aux-In & CD playback. Has AM/FM radio as well.

Child-locks provided on both rear doors.

1 liter bottle holders on all the four doors.

In driver-side door panel, the ORVMs adjusting-dial feels very delicate. The auto folding of mirror is a boon in short space. Auto-Down for driver window only.

Negatives:

The metal body are very thin are notorious.

The steering is bit stiff for an EPS unit specially at very slow speed.

Stiff suspension thuds*when going over speed-breakers and potholes*at slower speeds.

Foglamps are of no use and surely needs to be upgraded.

Pathetic boot space.

No storage areas around/below the handbrake.

Averagely-sized glove box.

m_DSC06889.jpg

m_Delivery Photograph.jpg

m_20150919_161621.jpg

m_20151004_123631.jpg

m_20151004_123710.jpg

m_20151004_123726.jpg

m_IMG_20151004_040226.jpg

m_IMG_20151004_040123.jpg

m_IMG_20151004_035930.jpg

m_IMG_20151004_040002.jpg

m_IMG_20150920_011319.jpg

m_IMG_20151004_040418.jpg

Welcome to TAI.

Let me be the first one to congrats you!!

Upgrading from Alto to Swift, you will love it. Yes, you are correct, swift still commands presence on road. You did not mention about price at which you got it. I am also interested to know which else car did you consider. Didn't you consider Baleno?

Wishing you unlimited happy miles with your new beauty.

baby swift congrats on your beautiful swift VXi silky silver, have a lots and lots of happy miles with the car. and what and all upgrades and accessories have you planned for your car. my swift is a blue one and 2014 model 22500Km driven and i am getting 24.5 kmpl per litre now, but still whenever i sit inside the car i feel new. attaching some images.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
Welcome to TAI.

Let me be the first one to congrats you!!

Upgrading from Alto to Swift, you will love it. Yes, you are correct, swift still commands presence on road. You did not mention about price at which you got it. I am also interested to know which else car did you consider. Didn't you consider Baleno?

Wishing you unlimited happy miles with your new beauty.
Thank you very much. No I didn't consider Baleno because as this car is absolutely new and at that time it was not possible to take test drive of Baleno. Yes, I did two test drive of Grand i10, but the steering felt very light to me even at a speed of 100 kph and the brake had a very sharp bite. Swift was in my mind for the past few years. So decided to take Swift only. And it came to 613000 on road price in Kolkata.

baby swift congrats on your beautiful swift VXi silky silver, have a lots and lots of happy miles with the car. and what and all upgrades and accessories have you planned for your car. my swift is a blue one and 2014 model 22500Km driven and i am getting 24.5 kmpl per litre now, but still whenever i sit inside the car i feel new. attaching some images.
Thank you very much. Your blue swift looks absolutely awesome. Yes, the interior is awesome specially now the music system comes inbuilt in VXI. It looks fabulous at night. I have already put seat covers which comes along with a bag, two pillow, and two neck pillow. Planning for the LED door sill and tire upgradation.

Hey.baby_swift! You had a baby boy and in two days a baby swift [:D][clap] Congrats mate, your swift is a looker!
Thank you very much. Still my wife and baby boy picture is missing with my baby swift. Will post it very soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Baby_Swift. The car is a looker, no doubt. Glad that they made many additions to the Vxi variant in late 2014, because it was a very basic variant (No ICE, steering rake adjustment, etc.) until then. Wish you clock lots of miles on this beauty. Keep this thread updated.

The EPS might not feel "Hyundai-light" but that is one reason it is fun to drive. There is almost no center back action (present in light Hyundai EPS) and this is another reason for better feel at high speeds.

And I am surprised at for 6.14 Lac price in Kolkata, my friend had got Zxi for 6.20 Lac in NCR last year! Lesser taxes, I think. [clap]

Welcome to TAI baby swift.First of all congratulation for your new swift.I am also one of the happy owner of Swift from the last 2and half year almost.

Baby swift I am interested to upgrade my alto to swift(at least vxi).
I m guessing you exchanged your old car with the true value guys. How much did you get for it? How old was the car and odo clocked?
And what's the current loyalty bonus?
Thanks in advance!!
Enjoy the new ride.

Baby swift I am interested to upgrade my alto to swift(at least vxi).
I m guessing you exchanged your old car with the true value guys. How much did you get for it? How old was the car and odo clocked?
And what's the current loyalty bonus?
Thanks in advance!!
Enjoy the new ride.
He got 1.7 Lac for his Alto (2008, 44179 km). It is mentioned in the first post itself. The loyalty bonus is 10k normally, but sometimes you can get 15k also.

He got 1.7 Lac for his Alto (2008, 44179 km). It is mentioned in the first post itself. The loyalty bonus is 10k normally, but sometimes you can get 15k also.

Mine is Lx. 22k on the odo. So I am looking at a thicker discount?
If that's the case, Imma marry a ciaz zxi

Mine is Lx. 22k on the odo. So I am looking at a thicker discount?
If that's the case, Imma marry a ciaz zxi
No. Not really. You should sell it privately to a known person as dealers take the model year (which is a negative in your case) and completely forego the kms covered (which is a positive in your case) as they can bring a 1 Lac reading to 50k kms in a moment.

Better to sell it privately to some known person, so that he can believe that this reading is genuine. Once your car is with the dealer, even you would find it hard to digest that 7-8 year old car has done only 22k kms. [:)]

No. Not really. You should sell it privately to a known person as dealers take the model year (which is a negative in your case) and completely forego the kms covered (which is a positive in your case) as they can bring a 1 Lac reading to 50k kms in a moment.

Better to sell it privately to some known person, so that he can believe that this reading is genuine. Once your car is with the dealer, even you would find it hard to digest that 7-8 year old car has done only 22k kms. [:)]

Yeah! Walking down the memory lane I do realise that didn't crunch my car enough in the golden days (40 bucks a litre).
My hospital was ridiculously close to home (8kms). Changed my residence, and swiftly switched over to Indica as lack of power and power steering gave me chest pains.

But as u said about odo tampering, you sure even true value guys do that?

Yeah! Walking down the memory lane I do realise that didn't crunch my car enough in the golden days (40 bucks a litre).
My hospital was ridiculously close to home (8kms). Changed my residence, and swiftly switched over to Indica as lack of power and power steering gave me chest pains.

But as u said about odo tampering, you sure even true value guys do that?
Who knows? I have read cases on the internet where these big used car dealers followed the same foul practices. So, you can't be 100% sure. One thing I am sure about is that they will definitely have access to the person who does this odometer tampering. My friend's Alto (clocked 15k in 6 years) was rolled back to 9k in 2 days. We had gone to check out another used car there and saw another person checking it out, with the odo at 9k kms! These are simple tricks which increase car price by another 7-10k at least. I am not getting the name of that dealer as there were many used car dealers in that area. I think it was Car Traders something, a pretty big showroom.

Top Bottom