My Third White Marvel: Maruti Suzuki Ciaz ZXi+

Thread Starter #1
I had booked Vento TSI, which I had cancelled.
Thread here ->
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ease-help-good-buy-vento-2015-tdi-manual.html

Then decided to go ahead with tried and tested Maruti Suzuki.
I still own and run my 2003 Alto. It's excellent car, no hassles and hence I believe Maruti will not go wrong for service.

But this was to be proved false, though for little time, they corrected themselves immediately.
After My earlier post and fighting with the dealership personnel is here,
( in this thread of VIN,)
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...coding-vehicle-identification-number-vin.html

After excellent guidance by TSIVipul and Akash1886, I hold on to my position that I want latest and fresh car as agreed during the order process.

Somehow managed to get the contact of Maruti's Regional manager, called him up.
And wow, in 2 minutes he told me the manufacturing date, plant dispatch date and many other info which I dont even recollect. He also confirmed with his other colleague on other line about if the car is from August 2015 new release or not, And that sealed the confidence in Maruti again.
I went back to delear's Sales Manager. Went to PDI, went to RTO and got the special number I wanted. And yesterday, I got the delivery of the car. Here's my third White Marvel .

First Also LX 2003, still in use
Second i20 Asta Petrol Exchanged now
Third -> the new arrival at home by God's blessings and TAI Friend's help, Ciaz Zxi+.

When we arrived at home with the new car, it was past 6pm.
We were tired, as the delivery process was going on for 2-3 hours.
I was the reason, as I asked them many questions for various features. But realized today, still lot to be asked. [embarass]

Removed all the plastics. I don't like to keep it. Why not use the new feel to the fullest?
I believe, if I sell the car after 5 years, the new owner will enjoy the "new" feel for 5-10 more days that he should be. So I remove plastics on the same day, and let my family enjoy the new fresh upholstry. A bit mean here.

Overall Delearship experience :
Delear Navnit Motors Thane
Experience : Except for the first allotment, they were EXCELLENT. Their 2 sales advisers Mr Kakade, Mr. Satam and Sales Manager Mr Moses, were too good.
Based on overall experience, I give up the -ve experience as "their business practice and customer's stern demand ". They might not have allotted older car, but I wanted absolutely fresh car. Now waiting for them to complete some legal formalities of arranging for registration documents.

Accessories : Illuminated scuff plates and center reading lamp for backseat. Though there are two already, IMO the flexible ne gives more readability and more useful.

Next :
Underbody coating, engine coating in Apri-May that is just before monsoon. Because I believe, it's good for the new car to give time to settle and also check if any issues with body for first few months. Plan to get it done at 3M.

Colour Protection : Confused, whether to do or not, even after reading lot of info on TAI.

Took the car to office today, NEVER FELT LACK OF POWER, drive was on city road with speed between 10 to 60 kmph.

Today's drive just 25 Kms.
Looking at my schedule, dont think a long drive will happen in next 3-4 weeks. Lets see. Trying best to take out 3-4 days of vacation.
But wifey's office and daughter's school are more important.

Will post more pics and more inputs on city drive in the coming days. I will do a photo session on the weekend and will post the photos then.

To be continued

Attachments

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: My Third White Marvel : Ciaz ZXi+

Dear Samo,

It is indeed a moment of pride and sheer happiness for you and your family. I am humbled with the fact that we all as a team were able to assist you in your queries and finally you got this new White Fairy![:)] May you have a joyful experience with this car and wish you a happy ownership from now on.

Also, Please avoid engine coating as it is useless and waste of money. Your engine in any case would be hidden under the hood and not exposed to direct sunlight or dust. Engine coating won't last long.

Regards

Akash

Re: My Third White Marvel : Ciaz ZXi+

Congrats for the new car. Ciaz looks elegant and big in that shade. The alloys (colour and design) compliments the car beautifully. And it was great to read how Vipul and Akash were able to guide you to make a sensible decision. As Akash1886 said, engine coating is not needed. You may go for Paint sealant, which would maintain the finish and avoid the harmful effects of the environment for some time.

Wish you a happy ownership ahead. Waiting for more pictures from the photoshoot.

Samo saar
Congrats for the acquisition. Ciaz in white looks bigger and comfier than it is. Wishing you millions of memorable miles in this new metal cocoon of yours.
Engine coating?!?! What is that? I have heard of it for the first time in my life.
Heck, I never got done any coating until it was free :tongue:
And no coating ever came for free :biggrin:
Then what?
I completely rely on Amway car care products and not a single issue till date. Neither the paint has faded nor the car fell apart or its floorpan fell on the road while driving due to rusting. In other words, I don't believe in any coating.

Thread Starter #5
Hello Friends,
Sorry could not do any photoshoot last weekend. I was going through bad back for few weeks, and it was very bad last 2 weeks. Had to take rest and minimize sitting in front of laptop.

Pre Purchase Activities

SBI Loan, by myself. The SBI near my home is run by all women.And the manager is super efficient. This is my third car loan through SBI. Every time at difference branch. And experience is EXCELLENT EVERY TIME.The manager herself with her colleague visited my home for verification. The loan was passed for vento earlier in 2 days and after vento cancellation, as they had already opened the accounf, I had to applu for new loan. But then it was done in1 day. The dealer was lagging delivery.
Story explained above.

Now first 2 weeks of wonership
Stating average was 7.5 kmpl
After 2 weeks it's now 12.5 kmpl. Is it good?
Observation -> when in good spped, I release the accelerator, "real time average" moves tp 30 and stops there. Seems, Maruti is confident average of petrol will not go beyond 30Kmpl.
[:)]

Smooth car, little notchy gears, but light clutch.
No bumps, the Thane road has suddenly become butter smooth.

Power -> lot ot concerns about 1.4 Ltr powe on net I too had.
Yesterday car was loaded with 4 adults and 7 children, NEVER I FELT LACK OF POWER IN 25kms drive including steep bridges.
Appreciation received frompassengers, moms of the children "car is smooth. Lot of space. So many people but still we have space;". And they have Corrollas and Jettas as their drives.

Steering is ok. Not very perfect, but now getting adjusted tot it. Much better than my i20 for sure.
Leather seats and touch screen make me feel like I am a business tycoon (or driver of business tucoon). Its a real comfy and luxurious feel car. I am happy to have Baught Ciaz Zxi+ instead of Vento and City. The advantages over the "pure" driving pleasure, are LOT MORE. And Ciaz ZXI+ is REALLY GOOD to drive. TRY IT BEFORE YOU DISCARD it. Especially if you travel more in city / bad roads / traffic roads.

After long drive, I will post long drive feedback.
Orders Jopasu dustrer pack on amazon, and using it now.

Plan to get the Paint sealant done as recommended by Ashish1886 and TSIVipul.
But plan to get it done at nice 3M outlet, may be in Pune.

Now the pics. (apologies are those are clicked with medicore BB Q10's camera and I am any way horrible in photography.

IMG_20151201_191340.jpg

IMG_20151201_191438.jpg

IMG_20151201_191412.jpg

IMG_20151201_191531.jpg

IMG_20151201_191736.jpg

IMG_20151201_191807.jpg

IMG_20151201_191937.jpg

IMG_20151201_191620.jpg

AC IS A CHILLER. at FAN 3, and temp 23 and Auto mode, I was asked by daughter's friends and moms in car to reduce the AC. Outside temp was 31 degrees.

Last edited:
Hi Samo,

I am also in a plan to buy Maruti ciaz ZDI+ and need your comments[:)]. how is the smartplay 7'' touchscreen audio and navigation. is it comfortable to drive in the city and so far how much mileage do you get.

Thread Starter #7
Hi FordFiesta1.6,
I have petrol, hence can not comment on ZDI mechanics. But 7" unit is AMAZING. Very responsive. The acoustics are very good for my taste. I like low volume sorroundings.
Petrol avg as of 250 Kms is 12.6 kmpl.

Maruti has done better than many others IMHO.
Any other info which could be useful for you?
Regards,
SaMo

Hey samo congratulations on your white beauty there. It feels.good because this is my first post. You made a lovely decision by picking up a ciaz. I have been owning the ZDI(O) for a year now and there has not even been a single niggle so far. I wish you miles and miles of happiness with your ciaz.

Hi Samo,

I am also in a plan to buy Maruti ciaz ZDI+ and need your comments[:)]. how is the smartplay 7'' touchscreen audio and navigation. is it comfortable to drive in the city and so far how much mileage do you get.
Hey FordFiesta 1.6, the ciaz is no doubt a comfy sedan. I have been driving the ZDI(o) for a year now and i strongly recommend you buying the ZDI+. Regarding fuel economy, i get a jaw dropping 19 to 20 in the city, which is abnormal for bangalore traffic. Despite the large dimensions its very easy to drive and handle in the city. I have no problems tackling the narrow lanes of bangalore.

ok thanks samo and idsi2005,

i have fixed with it and also happy. i was actually a petrol head i had 2 petrol cars in a row first one was maruti ZEN LX 2001 california gold and FordFiesta 1.6 duratec copper rust 2007. and later i sold my ZEN and bought maruti swift vdi 2014 torque blue. so in total i have 1 petrol and 1 diesel. why i preferred ciaz diesel is because yearly twice i used to go goa from coimbatore and wayanad once so that i decided yo go for diesel. and i used to ride 40km per day.and a small request idsi2005 can i get your ciaz pictures please. and in colour i am a bit confused between dignity brown and glistening grey.attaching some pics of my fiesta and swift.[:)]
2nd pic at car spa in fun mall coimbatore
3rd pic after 5,000 km service
4th pic on a one day trip to ooty via chamrajnagar

and samo did you got any discounts on your ciaz petrol and if so how much did you got. attaching some pics of the ciaz in the colours which i prefer.

Attachments

Well, I think you should go for the grey colour. I have the 'dignity brown' colour and it looks great too but not as good as the grey one. Brown stands out at daytime. Plus, i was not very happy with the overall paint quality on most of the brown ciazs ive seen. But I've read many threads on various forums on grey ciazs and paintjob seems to.be fine on them. I'll post some pictures as soon as i get the car back from service. I think i forgot to mention that there was insufficient A /C gas and that had to be checked. Should get the car tomorrow. :)

Its still a mixed bag, while light tones such as samo's white or the grey highlight the.car's dimensions, brown feels decent and upmarket and hides all scratches (those nincompoop bikers) and.that large reflector pad on the rear bumper. So ya, i think brown is smart too

Well, I think you should go for the grey colour. I have the 'dignity brown' colour and it looks great too but not as good as the grey one. Brown stands out at daytime. Plus, i was not very happy with the overall paint quality on most of the brown ciazs ive seen. But I've read many threads on various forums on grey ciazs and paintjob seems to.be fine on them. I'll post some pictures as soon as i get the car back from service. I think i forgot to mention that there was insufficient A /C gas and that had to be checked. Should get the car tomorrow. :)

Its still a mixed bag, while light tones such as samo's white or the grey highlight the.car's dimensions, brown feels decent and upmarket and hides all scratches (those nincompoop bikers) and.that large reflector pad on the rear bumper. So ya, i think brown is smart too
thanks idsi2005,

do you think that i should go for glistening grey. and i have one small doubt how to change the headlight high and low beam bulbs from yellow to white especially projector.

Well i think you can pick up a brown ciaz. The benefits are as follows:
1. Comparitively low waiting period.
2. Hides scratches.
3. An uncommon colour. (If u want to be the special.one LOL)
4. Decent as the name suggests.
May i know why you want to change headlamps? I felt that the throw is sufficient on low.beam as well as high.beam. The projectors are very affective. I don't think you need to change.the headlamps. Sorry for confusing you between grey and brown. I was too late.for editting my other reply. :) . Especially after seeing the reflection on the.brown ciaz.you have posted i think you can go ahead with brown. To be specific, my car had a mild 'orange peel' effect. If you want to know what i mean, look at how light reflects of an orange peel.

Last edited:
yes idsi2005,

just a small correction i am not in a plan to change the healamps i just want to change the yellow colour low and high beam bulbs to white to enhance the premium and upmarket stance.

Sorry Ford.Fiesta.1.6, i honestly do not know how to :(. I think the forum would have it somewhere! Oh and your.swift looks amazing.!!

thanks idsi2005,

i took deliveryof the swift in janaury 05 2014 as i actually purchased the car on 28 dec 2013. as it was year end ionly had limited option. i preferred the blazing red, glistening grey and silky silver. but my mother and sister preferred blue so that i decided to go for blue color. and i was in a plan to buy ZDi version But my luck i got only VDi And LDi versions to choose from. so i went for VDi. i got nearly 70,500/- discount and i paid 7,20,000/-. they brought the car home for delivery. and we did the puja by our own. and the car has been driven 22,600Km. and when your comes tomorrow kindly don't forget to upload the picture of your car.

Top Bottom