Sunday special activity.
Daughter and wife were away to inlaws place. Used the time to wash my car for the FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE. What I did (plesae suggest how to do it better)
1) Using Jopasu duster, cleaned the car off the dry dust
2) I had 3 different coloured Microfiber clothes. Took one of them, wet it in water and cleaned the car with it. Since no long drive or through water drives, overall it was easy.
3) Then used another microfiber cloth to wipe off the water on the car surface The car was shining.
This drying was painstaking. I was sweating all over after this. BUT ENJOYED it.
4) Then cleaned the glasses from outside.
5) Dashboard, mats, plan to clean them this weekend or in year 2016.
6) I have now create a bag with cleaning kit and kept it in the dicky. It has
- 3 small micorfiber clothes ( 2 used above, 1 unused)
- 1 big microfiber cloth (unused)
- Maruti's Car dash shine, car shampoo and tyre shine (all unused currently)
- car vaccum cleaner What I plan to do next
1) During cleaning realized that for tyres I should have a different and big and mor durable cloth. Need to arrange it.
2) This will also be used for cleaning mats. What Maruti should add to car IMO
1) Pull the front hand rest ahead so that it's useful. And use the space created for a small dustbin.
Currently I have put my i20 dustbin in the from passenger door bottle holder.
2) Tyre pressure monitor with integration on the 7 inch screen.
Overall played MP4s on the system and it works great. Video stops once you start driving, but voice continues. So downloading MP4S from youtube worked great.
On wednesday have appointment with my old dear Car Detailer (Mangesh of MaxShine Thane) to get the underbody and pain sealant done.
I respect him and checked with him if he does these jobs now. And yes, he has started this. So happy to spend money with him, rather than going to unknown. He cares for cars more than most will care for their babies.
Looking forward for paint sealant and undebody coating. Important :
As per one of my friends, the White colour is premium colour.
Maruti has used the ones which you will find on high end Audi (Q3,Q5) and BMWs (3/5 series).
Is it right?
If it's correct, I am more happy for buying Ciaz.
Originally Posted by idsi2005
Thankyou so much abhi9044 and FordFiesta1.6 I will upload my pic shortly.
Hey FordFiesta1.6, i would love your suggestion on the car mods
Samo, are you planning on some mods?
No no mods I am planning. I prefer to keep the mechanics untouched except for coatings and initial add ons from delear, which in my case were reading lamp in the center of backseat and illuminated scuff plates.
I will post the photos of the scuff plates, missed to click their photo.