My Maruti Wagon-R 2014 VXi 25K Kms Up and Detailed Mileage

Thread Starter #1
Hello All ..This is my first ever Post in an Automotive Forum... Hence Please bear with me... I am just wanna share my first car buying and Owning Experience...

I stay in Hyderabad and My office is in GachiBowli which around 30kms from my Home where I stay ..Daily Commute includes 60 Kms and My native is 180 kms away from Hyderabad where at least Once I have to go there to meet my Parents...I used to Go to offic eon TVS Wego daily But when I have got Back pain and I am Diagnosed with L4-L5-S1 Disc Bulge and Pain in Hip joint due to Ankylosing Spndylo Arthritis ..Doctors Strictly advised me to stay far away from Two-Wheelers and Daily I have to Live on Two pain Killers and one multi vitamin Capsule for B12.. initially I have ignored doctors words But seriously I have realised that I should search for alternate Modes of Transport...I started Looking for cars ..Many Equations went whether to Buy a Used or New Car ..As I don't Know driving I insisted on buying a New Car keeping in min the daily commute I do and also if any damages occue things would be covered under warranty..Mostly I have very much less Hard cash in hand and now a days its EMIs are making it very easy in owning a New Car and I was sure the car I would own for the first time would be going to stay with me for longer duration ..Hence thought of New Car.

Cars Considered::
As I have back related problem few doctors suggested to go for Tall Boy Models ...As per My Knowledge on Cars Available in Market.. Option I had were to select any from : WAGON R , Chevrolet Beat and Ritz...Beat was Good But considering the low boot space and back seat looked little cramper...Hence Beat was removed from the List..Because of the Budget constraint a.I have stick t Petrol version only and I have to decide over Ritz Or Wagon R ..Ritz is any day better than WagonR But practically for a new learner like me it would be a Big car to own and also Mileage compared to Wagon R Was less for Ritz...And I have to stick to WAGON R and I have Zeroed Vxi Model as it comes with stereo fitted by Manufacturer which I thought is safer one and then rear wiper and also central Locking with factory fitted .
Buying Experience:
My Dearest friend is Sales Manager with Prominent Showroom in Hyderabad and He made all the experience of buying Car Simple and Smooth....The Show room is located in the heart of the city and they are very old players , Hence they keep things simple and straight..No over Actions as I see in other show rooms now a days ..My friend just told me to finalize the Car then Model and Color ..and leave every thing to him..My Mother and Wife insisted me to But Beige Color as it looked pleasant to them and I have no particular color choice and Hence zeroed on it ....As dasara Season was going on on Sep 29 th I have booked the car and went for SBI Car Loan and Loan was Approved on the same day and to my favor my friend made the delivery happen on the same day evening..Hence 8:00 P:M Car was delivered from the show room and show room people hired a driver for me and gave petrol voucher of 500 Rs and gave some Watch as a Gift and my friend favored me with 6000 worth accessories for which I took soccer edition Seat covers which are 6k worth and rest all are petty things like door mats and they gave perfume free..

Total Price of the car was 4.67 Lakhs ON Road which I took Zero Dep Insurance and Extra 1 year warranty
4.3 is the Loan mount from SBI where 7100 is the EMI Every Month for 7 Years Time Period and Rest 50k odd rupees i have swiped my credit card

My Experience and Detailed Review of Wagon R Vxi -
Pros/Positives:
1. Easy Ingress and Egress for my Parents …Elders especially
Wide opening doors and tall seats, space between the seats both front and the back . There is sufficient cushioning and lumbar support for the seats -
2. Upright seating position on both rows - For people with back pain this is a Big +ve
3. Good All Round Visibility - Both front and back
4. Good Suspension – Suspension is soft and takes on the bumpy roads easily .
5. Electrically Operated OVRMs
6. Luxurious space, - space is available in plenty.
7. Interior design is the best But quality needs to be improved
8. The Eagle Wings Audio System
Cons / Negatives:
1. A Pillar creates blind spots - needs to adjust
2. Engine Vibration at idling and Sound insulation could have been better
3. Limited boot space - 180 odd ltrs boot space - 60:40 rear split helps some what
Smart things / Significant things :
1. Doors auto lock once you reach 25 kmph
2. Doors auto unlock when the key is removed from the ignition
3. Child proof lock provided on the rear doors
4. Seat belt warning lamp provided in the instrument panel
5. 60:40 split rear seats very useful
6. USB port provided for the music system
7. Airy Cabin - Really very very nice cabin - Air can circulate to all corners of the car

I have brought this Tall Boy - WAGONR Vxi on Sep 29th 2014..So far it clocked 25900 kms..Its my first car and also I have learnt driving car with the same and my daily driving includes 60kms(up and Down) to office in Bumper-Bumper Hyderabad Traffic with A/C on 70% of the drive and weekend trips to my Native- Nizamabad which is 180 kms from my place...typically twice a Month and occasionally I do Nagpur which is 500 kms from Hyderabad...Detailed Mileage figures are as Below..As I was new to driving initially I used to drive in low gears with max clutch and Accelerator usage...

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
Re: My Maruti WAGON R 2014 Vxi 25 K Kms Up and Detailed Mileage

Readings Pics Captured at every 1k Interval...Mileage was always calculated on Tank full Tank Full..All the time i have filled tyanl full..[Not even Autocut its full tank]

Attachments

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member

the way you follow this ritual is worth a praise. I hope this thread grows into one of those epic threads of dedication and regular updates.

good luck.

One year and 25,000 Kms.Thats a pretty good run for a car in an year.With each bill and kilometre noted.Man, are you an auditor?Or QC? [;)]

Thread Starter #5
One year and 25,000 Kms.Thats a pretty good run for a car in an year.With each bill and kilometre noted.Man, are you an auditor?Or QC? [;)]
haha. generalmax. I am QA[QUality Assurance Engineer] Just passion for cars and driving made record each and every detail, that's it simple 5 mins dedication made to do so. Thanks Again

the way you follow this ritual is worth a praise. I hope this thread grows into one of those epic threads of dedication and regular updates.

good luck.
Thanks bhvm. Yeah expecting to capture many more snaps and detailed mileage figures..

Need to appreciate your efforts for recording each and every detail. Kudos!

And 25k kms in one is year is a healthy running, more so for a newbie driver. Hope that we would see more updates from your side. This thread highlights the periods in which the mileage changes gradually and when it settles down. Really helpful for prospective WagonR buyers.

haha...generalmax..I am QA[QUality Assurance Engineer] Just passion for cars and driving made record each and every detail...thats it simple 5 mins dedication made to do so...Thanks Again
Proud of myself [clap] to find peoples job by their actions. QA/QC people must be real perfectionists so much that you will be called as Mr.Know it all.Good job, keep it up. You own the best practical vehicle too.

Thread Starter #8
Few Pics of My Car:
Let the pics do the honors

Attachments

Last edited:
Hello,
Very detailed observation and report. Must read for WR owners.
Perfect City Car.

I also bought on Sep 2014 and completed just 5100 KM :( I am getting around 15+ KMPL.

Last edited:
Hi,
Review is very neat and it will be very helpful for the WagonR users. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues. Its one of the good selling car from Maruti Stable.
Enjoy the pride.

For this kind of running, a Diesel hatch could have been selected over this petrol, wherein a huge money might have been saved - just a suggestion, though too late.

I run my Santro Xing 2013, around 5.5k to 6k per year and have clocked 32k clicks in 64 months of ownership and I did not opt for LPG version while purchase, though was insisted for, by sales rep.

I plan to keep the car till its life time, i.e., March 2028, till when I probably would have crossed 1L kms on odo [lol].

Wagon R, any day is a great car to drive, but drive sedate. I heard it goes unstable to high speeds.

Top Bottom