On 23rd October, 2015 the unexpected happen. I was in VW Panipat for buying GT TSI just after 8 months of ownership of Polo 1.5 TDI Highline. I already have a thread for Polo 1.5 TDI but many suggested for starting a new thread for Polo GT TSI, so here it goes.
If you read my earlier thread you will know that it was GT TSI that i wanted to buy first hand but due to unavailability and lack of efforts from my side had to settle with Polo 1.5 TDI. Having driven both the cars i can compare both the cars which i think is not done any where. I test drove Vento TDI DSG for buying GT TSI and they offered a customer car that was to be delivered the next day as told to me. I think that is wrong practice because i pushed the car like maniac
because i thought it was a test drive vehicle and when i crossed a pot hole at 100 and the car jumped the SA told me that the car is to be delivered so take care. I think he told me this so that i drive normally.
Difference that i was able to notice. (i am a novice so spare me)
1. The GT interior felt inferior to 1.5 in my opinion(Will be referring GT TSI as GT and 1.5 TDI highline as 1.5).
2. In my personal opinion black and beige looked better in person than all black. A pillar and roof cladding was beige in 1.5 and it looked better but in GT is whitish which look odd.
3. 1.5 felt heavier than GT which i liked. It was like you were driving a Sedan on the other hand GT felt light comparing to 1.5.
4. NVH levels are way better( i will say it is excellent) in GT, if you are at a stop you will never know that the engine is running. was quite confused for first few days. If they can achieve this level in 1.5, i think that will be the car to beat in this segment (Coming from VW Fan).
5. Getting avg. of 15 to 17 fuel efficiency on highway with GT, it was 19 to 22 with 1.5 with 90 to 100 speed.
6. They should have provided Paddle shifters with GT.
7. AC is inefficient according to me. if any other GT TSI owner can comment on this it will be very helpful, the AC automatically shuts down sometimes while driving, only blower works. The only bad that's kind of felt at heart.
8. Got Apollo tyres on GT too.
9. didn't get rattles on any of the cars.(Fingers crossed)
10. Why they introduced cooled glovebox, since when VW started believing in Gimmicks? My bro's i20 had this feature 4 years back and he never used it once.
11. Once you buy GT modification is inevitable.
12. Getting used to an automatic is 10 min job.
13. The black spoiler on GT looks good in person.
14. I don't know if any body had noticed this but the badges on GT are bigger than 1.5 and they feel cheap too. (Seriously VW). Liked the quality of badges on 1.5.
If you ask me to compare the Karnal & Panipat agency, i would say Karnal is slightly better that Panipat (Mind you both are VW).
One more point i like to add:
15. I find the dead pedal on the GT to be useless. I find it small, on 1.5 you constantly have to move your left foot so it never bothers you but on GT my left foot is not comfortable on dead pedal.
Enough has been said about GT since its launch.
These observations are based on my personal experience with 1.5 and GT.
I seriously hope that VW will improve its ASS
that will bring more buyers for the co. and my decision for buying second VW will be appreciated by somebody(maybe).
I have started to find i20 elite to be aged but Polo still looks timeless.(Personal opinion)
I think its because of less number. of polo's on road.
I don't think i will have to say anything about performance, it is as described on various reviews on youtube and other forums.
One thing more i like to add.
I was also considering Punto Abarth but to my luck Fiat Karnal was not having abrath on display so saved my time and not visited their showroom.
I was also considering buying second hand 1.8 TSI skoda laura but my family would never let me buy one so i don't even talked about it with my family.
Once you start loving the petrol performance cars its very difficult to go back and i think i am ruined for life.
VW special note to you: If you launched 1.4 TSI GT in near future or even thought about it in your dreams, i will hate you for life.
Some Pics of My TSI and products i use. All pics from my iphone.