Originally Posted by nicholasabraham999
I love the steering wheel. Planning on getting it myself.
Got some questions though:
1. What courier service did gcptuning use ? Did the courier service ask for any KYC ( know your customer ) paperwork ? Did the seller send it as a gift so as to avoid duty ?
2. Did you get the steering wheel fixed from volkswagen itself ? will it void the warranty ?
3. After fixing the steering wheel, did it require a vcds settings change ?
Here are the answers to your questions:
1. gcptuning used Fedex and i remember they charged 75$ for shipping alone. I think they give you 2 options for shipping. I didn't have to go through any paperwork and just received the parcel direct at home without any custom duty.
2. Yes, i get the steering wheel installed at VW itself, i don't think it will void your warranty because i was having problems with my AC and they changed some parts in warranty further they gave me extended warranty for two years all this after installing steering wheel and headunit.
3. no setting were changed after installing the steering it was simple plug and play.
I hope this helps in making a decision. Goodluck OT
: My car has run 10500 km in 11 months, will be going for 1st service in the next fifteen days.