I went to Nexa this weekend and they said that there is a delay of 15 days than the specified waiting period, I will be getting my Baleno on May 8th and they will start the Financial approval process on this month 25th.
Originally Posted by koolkp
I had recently booked Baleno Zeta Petrol (MT) for about 7.54 Lakhs on road price in Pune. But now due to the launch of Tata Tiago who’s top end petrol on road is 5.53 Lakhs, im in a big dilemma!!
I know both cars are from different segments BUT still with the features Tiago has I think its worth considering as 2lakhs will be saved.
I have been reading a lot of reviews about Tiago and looks that all auto pandits have given it thumbs up saying it’s the best product by Tatas and this will certainly change their fortunes. But when I read Tata Vs Maruti Suzuki for After Sales Services experience then its sad but overall myth about India’ own Tata doesn’t seem to be positive.
Kindly advice considering features, safety, performance, price and After Sales Service which could be a wise decision for me.
Along with another friend I went to check Tiago and we were very surprised with the build and interior quality of the car. In my view the built and plastic quality is lot better than Baleno. We didn't expect such a quality with the logo of Tata. It is on par with Hyundai. It has changed they way we though about Tata cars. Waiting period is only 4 weeks and can be delivered even before that. Though the boot is only 242 Ltrs it is very well designed. The top end comes with tinted glass. It has similar features as Zeta along with Stability Control system. Had it been more spacious with a better engine, I would have cancelled my Baleno booking for sure.
When compared to Baleno Zeta below are the few Pros and Cons I see in Tiago. Pros:
1. Built Quality is amazing. You could feel it when you ride. It feels heavier than Baleno and it is.
2. The plastic quality used for Dashboard and other interiors is of very high quality and on par with Hyundai and even better. The finishing of the dashboard is very good. You don't see any cost cutting in the car.
3. Seat cushioning is good and rear Suspension is very good unlike Baleno. One of my friend have Delta and I'm surely not impressed with the rear suspension of Baleno. It doen't feel premium.
4. 4 Speaker-4 tweeter Harman music system is very good.
5. The way COOLED
glove box opens is cool.
6. Unlike Baleno the seats are placed high and felt easier while getting in and out of the car.
7. Visibility is better. In Baleno the visibility is obstructed by low seating position and high Dashboard and the placement of IRVM.
8. The top variant comes within 6 Lakhs including Extended Warranty and AMC. Cons
1. Its 3 cylinder engine. At high speeds there might be vibrations felt. But were were unable to test at these speeds as it is in Bangalore.
2. IF the front seats are adjusted for my height which is 5.11, the rear leg room is very limited. It is fine for City rides but for longer rides, rear passengers might feel uncomfortable. Unlike Baleno there is not enough place for my kid to play
3. Three Adults cannot sit at rear. It is strictly for 4 Adults and 1 Kid.
4. AC is doesn't seems to be that effective.
5. Service, but heard that it has improved.