Hyundai Creta Ownership Review: The Snow Leopard

Thread Starter #1
The story began in 2014 with search for second car .Being an auto enthusiast following lots of auto news made it very difficult to choose the vehicle ; as the urge to buy best VFM car is more.

Test drove Ford Ecosport and almost finalized it but due to reviews pointing to cramped 2nd row seats, decision was put on hold.Then came Renault Lodgy in 2015.Even though it has more space and decent interior i did not like the design.So again put brakes on the search.

News about Hyundai ix25 launch in india revived my interest again. As the popularity of the vehicle grew before the launch i decided to buy it and enquired 3-4 dealers about the delivery and booked the car with one dealer.Even though the dealer i booked the car was ready to deliver the car on jul21st (launch date),I took my own time to decide because after the announcement of name, variants and price. Firstly, the Name was a turn off, secondly , i hated the price and finally, i hated variants mixup.So my decision process was on roller coaster that went from canceling booking to buying automatic to how to get it soon. Finally on one fine day i decided to buy SX(O)(popularity played the role here).Let Family test drive the car and approbate the selection. Later, the dealer's attitude to sell unnecessary accessories deterred my purchase experience. At last, the vehicle was booked with another dealer and got it delivered 3 days later [:)]. So far vehicle has accumulated around 1800 km and done with the first service.No issues so far except a small dent in the front portion of the bonnet from the result of parking under a mango tree.(enquired at the dealer and they said they can not do paint less dent removal as they do in the united states) so waiting for some tip there(guys plz let me know if anybody has any experience with this kind of repair for their vehicle).So far we did not loose any smiles by spending about 16.30 lac. So far my impressions about vehicle are below.

+ves
1.Ultra smooth drive
2.Road presence
3.Comfortable front and back row seats
4.Easy maneuverability
5.Premium interior quality
6.Minimal turning radius
7.Quality audio system
8.Effective air conditioning system
9.Plenty of cup holders
10.Great NVH controls
11.Adequate ground clearence

-ves
1.Distance to empty feature(expected for the price paid) is missing.
2.Tire pressure monitoring is missing for the price paid.
3.Driver's Arm rest is too small.
4.DRLs missing for the price paid.
5.Rain sensing wipers missing for the price paid
6.Cooled glove box missing for the price paid.

XUV5OO vs Creta
--------------------
Having driven XUV500 extensively,i would say it feels heavy.So after driving XUV 5OO for 1 week i used to be longing to drive Sail(for its lightness).
No matter how many features you get in XUV5OO still that ruggedness is present in the interior which i don't like.
Having said that Creta Drive impresses all with its Ultra smooth Drive.Otherwise that price would not have made it successful.

Duster vs Creta
-------------------

I have driven the Duster 110 RXT .It has enough power and long lasting engine.But it is not smooth and NVH is not good.
Interior quality is its big let down.Plastic feels very cheap.but it is a good offroading vehicle with 4by4 option with good ground clearance.(I think less gross weight,torque engine and good 4/4 system gives it that edge)

Ecosport vs Creta
---------------------------
Ecosport drives well,steering has good feedback and good looking too.compared to Creta it has less boot space,less seating space,no touch screen infotainment system and navigation (which is getting norm nowadays in india for premium vehicles) .ecosport design looks modern,To make it butch looking they made front part stubby with thick A pillars(large blind spots).Increased Pricing made it less desirable.

Accessories planning to add in future are DRLs for fog light casing and tire pressure monitoring.

thumb_IMG_2585-2_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2583_1024.jpg

thumb_thumb_IMG_2582_1024_1024.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on your purchase of Creta and wish you loads of Happy miles with the car.
Creta look cool in those brushed Black 17" alloys !!

Cheers !!

Re: The Snow Leopard

Congrats on your new Leapord(creta) the car looks fantastic and i know about the crdi engine as everyone tells about its quiet and easy to drive capabilities. wish you lots and lots of happy miles with it. the headlamps look classy and the looks actually like a mini santa fe. So far how many kilometres have you clocked and what mileage are you getting. have you gone for any highway journeys if so kindly tell me how is the highway stability and handling at high speeds.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
You said for the price paid you didn't get DRL's but DRL's are seen in the pictures,can you explain.

those are instead parking lights!.

Congrats on your new Leapord(creta) the car looks fantastic and i know about the crdi engine as everyone tells about its quiet and easy to drive capabilities. wish you lots and lots of happy miles with it. the headlamps look classy and the looks actually like a mini santa fe. So far how many kilometres have you clocked and what mileage are you getting. have you gone for any highway journeys if so kindly tell me how is the highway stability and handling at high speeds.
I have covered about 5000 km on my creta so far.Yes i have driven it extensively on highways and i enjoyed the smooth and easy drive all the way.Steering weighs nicely at highway speeds making it stable at 3 digit speeds.I have not checked the mileage yet but will post soon.

I have covered about 5000 km on my creta so far.Yes i have driven it extensively on highways and i enjoyed the smooth and easy drive all the way.Steering weighs nicely at highway speeds making it stable at 3 digit speeds.I have not checked the mileage yet but will post soon.
that is really nice to hear that you have clocked lots of miles on highways and you really written your review really well and the highway stability is good right? and do share about the mileage

Shiva M i have thought od the DRL'S for your car for that why can't you make the led's in the headlight lit all the day and make it as DRL'S or i have done some paint jobs in your car to show my options where and all we can fit the Drl's in the front. attaching those pics.

Attachments

Thread Starter #10
that is really nice to hear that you have clocked lots of miles on highways and you really written your review really well and the highway stability is good right? and do share about the mileage

Shiva M i have thought od the DRL'S for your car for that why can't you make the led's in the headlight lit all the day and make it as DRL'S or i have done some paint jobs in your car to show my options where and all we can fit the Drl's in the front. attaching those pics.
Thanks!

I have checked the highway mileage recently and it came to 17.7km/L.and combination of city and highway came to about 15.4 Km/L.(it is full tank to full tank method).

initially i taught of buying those fog light surround DRLs and enquired for the price aswell.But you know what happened ??.After started driving creta i forgot all the mods and kept driving and driving.it is an awesome vehicle.i loved the engine and gearbox.

i wonder why they left those two features (distant to empty and average mileage)???
sometimes can't understand manufacture's mindhttp://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif

Hi Shiva can you pls elaborate on the driving experience. I am also considering to buy Creta SX+ Petrol
Want to know your opinion on its stance, I mean SUV feel. Do you feel like driving a sedan or does it really feels to be an SUV or in between. How do you rate your experience? Kindly help

Thread Starter #12
Raj,

Driving experience is really good.what they have done is they reduced the substantial weight from the front of vehicle which resulted in the easy handling of the vehicle at lower speeds and it feels as if you are handling very small car(that much easy).i would say i can rotate creta steering much easier than my chevy sail's steering at slower speeds.and till now no complaints from the vehicle.For a diesel vehicle the drive is super smooth and the gearshifts are also smooth.I have driven honda jazz recently and my conclusion is that after driving hyundai i can not like any other cars NVH levels and gear shifts(side effect)

Last edited:

Top Bottom