My First Car! The Silver Hyundai Grand i10

Thread Starter #1
After riding my trusty bike for 7 years i really wanted a car. Saved for 2 years for a good downpayment to reduce emi and finally got my ride !

Choosing the car itself was an issue. Budget i had was 5-5.5 max. Joined the site and made a thread and got good help.

1) Swift - was number one choice when dreaming of the car. however maruti salesperson in both showroom i visited were slimy and had no knowledge on cars. Price of vxi was 5.7 which was out of my budget. LXI (o) had too many missing features. However what i did like was higher ground clearance and cheaper parts and service and customer support after sale. However on 3 visits to 2 diff showroom did'nt get a test ride in petrol. they did offer to test ride a customers car but that day i had made mind by then not to go for it due to higher price.

2)Ford new Figo - Had gone to honda and noticed ford next door so casually went in. Test rode one but somehow the car engine in petrol didnt feel lively and responsive. A.s.s also questionable so dropped the idea. Car though is gorgeous.

3)Hyundai Grand i10 - Sales rep was knowledgeable and we got a test drive. Car felt amazing and loved the suspension as well. Was getting good deal as well and it had decent features too. Pulled the trigger and got it at 4.88 on road gurgaon. Magna variant.

Delivery experience - Got alotted a F model which is of jun make according to VIN. Car had run 22 kms already. I was hoping under 10. I had wanted to transfer money after seeing VIN but dad did it without asking me. [frustration] During delivery experience was ok and i was made to feel special. Got free photo frame, sweets , window visor, door sill guards, 2 pillows, door protection bumper, hyundai mats , perfume and god plastic idol.

However the ribbons and perfume and idol are all pasted using Double sided tape. Would be hard to remove specially from dashboard. The perfume does'nt even seem to work as i have noticed no smell. Cant even see if empty or not.

User review: Got it delivered on 22 oct and have driven it just 220 kms. My car driving experience previously has been with my esteem so all comparisons with that only.

Like- Silent and smooth engine that seems punchy and torquey
2nd gear has good torque and hardly need to shift to one unless in stop go traffic
Great interiors and spaciousness and decent size boot
Easy to drive and handle and is very comfortable in bad road too. guess new suspension helps.
Mirrors have good view of road.
AC works well and cools car soon. however sometimes speed 1 is slow and 2 feels too loud. would like a 1.5 kinda speed .
Engine seems eager to rev and is hard to keep under 3k for running in.

Dislikes- The brake has no progression. press a little and like 80% braking gets applied. Need to have amazing foot control to get smooth braking. Always scared someone will rear end if i press a bit too hard. thinking of getting that rear bull bar for this reason only.

Gear from 1st to 2nd was very jerky. however it seems to have improved a lot now. Will keep a eye on it.
No real time mileage or Distance to empty indicator.
No front adjustable head rest.
Clutch though light has a bit longer travel.
ECU has anti stall and sometimes on taking turn on 2nd gear if it is a bit low speed then car auto accelerates to 18 kmph that makes turns scary sometimes. dint happen in my esteem to have to get to learn it.
Fog lamp hardly has any throw when used with lo beam. i would have liked more width. Maybe it helps in fogs only. May think of doing a DIY projector fog lamps with 3k HIDS as i already have 2 projectors at home.

Upgrades in NOV - planning for a Pioneer AVH 279BT or AVH x 2790BT touch HU with 4 6" inch speakers. Got quote for 18.5 k 279BT for these with 1k extra for rear cam. Have budget upto 20-24 so will see more. Also will get a gear lock installed for security. Any suggestions on which to get ?

Not many pics of interiors etc everyone must have seen already as its a 3 year old car with facelift coming within next 6 months.

At Hyundai Dealer-

Attachments

Congratulations Puneet for your ride !! Nice to see same car as mine - Sleek Silver Magna [clap]
Drive safe and have happy miles.

Thread Starter #6
scratched it twice. need to be more aware. in front left and rear left bumper. Rear on the metal part above wheel even got a bit bent. front outside left bumperseems to habe black marks , will clean with microfiber if it is just some paint of the other car i scratched or its the plastic material of bumper thats exposed. Anything i can do to protect paint from such areas ? i have heard of this 3M scotch guard plastic film. anyone used it ?

bhvm

Honoured Member
scratched it twice. need to be more aware. in front left and rear left bumper. Rear on the metal part above wheel even got a bit bent. front outside left bumperseems to habe black marks , will clean with microfiber if it is just some paint of the other car i scratched or its the plastic material of bumper thats exposed. Anything i can do to protect paint from such areas ? i have heard of this 3M scotch guard plastic film. anyone used it ?
Please post pics so we can judge. Small scratches can be removed using Rubbing compound and polish.
I had it somewhere on My i10 thread but can't find it. Please check last 3~4 pages.

There is a 3M clear tape that you can use.

Hey Congrats for your new car! [clap] Looks great in silver. I have also bought Grand i10 Asta (O) VTVT variant on 15th October and would post my ownership shortly. Been super packed with office work at the moment.

Sorry to hear that you scratched your new car. Must have been difficult to swallow. Hope it is not too bad. Yeah, I have also heard about 3M transparent bumper protection sheets which I would try next week. Need to get them as some idiot scratched the right front bumper (near fog light) while the car was parked outside office[frustration]. Had to apply touch up paint from local painter. It isn't too bad for now and that incident came out as an eye opener for me to get some protection against crazy world. Would update.

Till then, enjoy your ride and drive safe![:D]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9
Hey Congrats for your new car! [clap] Looks great in silver. I have also bought Grand i10 Asta (O) VTVT variant on 15th October and would post my ownership shortly. Been super packed with office work at the moment.

Sorry to hear that you scratched your new car. Must have been difficult to swallow. Hope it is not too bad. Yeah, I have also heard about 3M transparent bumper protection sheets which I would try next week. Need to get them as some idiot scratched the right front bumper (near fog light) while the car was parked outside office[frustration]. Had to apply touch up paint from local painter. It isn't too bad for now and that incident came out as an eye opener for me to get some protection against crazy world. Would update.

Till then, enjoy your ride and drive safe![:D]
awaiting your thread too !do update when you get those 3M films as i too would get them installed ASAP. Im not that an expert in driving so really need it and would go for it in next week.

Have ordered Waxpol Car wax and 3Mvcar shampoo for 545 total from amazon. Will review them once i receive and use them.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10
Please post pics so we can judge. Small scratches can be removed using Rubbing compound and polish.
I had it somewhere on My i10 thread but can't find it. Please check last 3~4 pages.

There is a 3M clear tape that you can use.
the one on rear bumper needs rubbing compound to remove the other cars paint.

front will need touch up. any idea how much it will cost for front ? rear im sure il do it myself cheaper.

Attachments

Thread Starter #12
A minor and precise touch up shall cost about 100 bucks. I hope you are not looking for re-spray!

Regards

Akash
100 bucks at Hyundai service or at outside garages ? im just looking to hide the black marks as cheaply that will make car look new.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
100 bucks at Hyundai service or at outside garages ? im just looking to hide the black marks as cheaply that will make car look new.
If you can talk with any painter guy in ASC (off-the record), he may do it for 50-100 bucks. As of outside, same 100 bucks would do. The black marks would be hidden completely.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #14
Tank finally emptied ysday that i had filled in first day. Odo crossed 550 kms. Got a first mileage of 14.18 with the full tank to full tank method. Hope it increases to 16 atleast. Also saw tires had only 24 psi or so pressure as i never filled em from day 1. Filled to 34 in all , ride today felt a lil bumpier but this should get mileage back to 15+ i hope.

ALso thought of waxing car but its a really hard job alone manually and if you park in open streets with dusty winds. wish i had a closed roof underground parking. Only managed to wax front bonnet and front bumper , both front wheelwell panel and 1 door. rest will do on saturday as this itself took like 1.5 + hours. The waxed panels though were much easier to wipe dust off from in morning today than the non waxed ones.

Also opened engine bay and saw wiper fluid was nearly empty , dunno if we put plain water or something special. also engine coolant too was at mid level. have to get both topped up i guess.

Last edited:

Top Bottom