My All-New Honda Jazz Diesel Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAIgers,

I recently brought the all new Honda Jazz Diesel SV model and i am here to share my impressions with you.I got the car delivered on October 12th and i already have 850 kms on the odo and I am here to share with you my experience.

Idea for a new car:
We already own three cars, A Fiat 137d (my dads love),Alto Lx(my brother) and Swift ZXI(the very first model). We wanted to buy a new car because of the petrol cars we drive were getting expensive to drive around. We wanted it to be diesel and a easy to maintain car and moreover our cars were getting dated.

What we wanted...?
As a six footer and a person with a relaxed driving position i wanted the car to be very spacious ,at least to fit four people in comfort. We wanted it to have a decent boot and a not so high turning radius because i live away from my hometown in an apartment. I wanted the the car to be mod friendly and have brisk acceleration. I also use to for highway trips. My father gave me a budget upto 12 lakh rupees. So my three month hunt begun.

Cars considered:

Ford Ecosport: It was a handsome looking car and felt like a proper suv to drive but my father felt the rear to very uncomfortable,so we put that on hold
Ford Aspire: A very good car but i dint like the looks of the car and the inch wheels were very puny.
VW polo: Solid and firm but VWs spares and services scared us away.
Honda Amaze: My first love but only till i saw the new Jazz. I felt the Jazz to have better cabin quality and space than the amaze and of course better refinement too.
Honda Jazz: We liked it in our first impression and it had every single requirement of us satisfied and its looks made me breakup with my first love the AMAZE
Hyundai I20 Elite: My dad had some kind of an aversion towards hyundai's , so a big no no for this one too.

Car bought:
We narrowed down to Honda Jazz SV because it had almost all goodies except the Rear wiper ,touch AC and alloy wheels. I chose SV mainly because it had all safety features available on the Top end jazz and I can throw away the rims to upgrade the tires to 16 inch alloys.

Dealership
We booked the car in Manchester Honda, Coimbatore on Sept 11 as it was my mothers birthday and this particular showroom because the reception was excellent and my sales representative Mr. Gowthaman took so much pain in answering our queries and attending to us whenever required. Full marks for Customer care.

The big day:
Jazzy was ready for delivery on oct 12th. We planned for an evening delivery. Got him delivered.

Now after almost two weeks and 850 kms, with 50 percent highway runs here are my initial impressions.

2.Very good Space.
3.Steering feels direct and well weighed.
4.Good ICE
5.Excellent Mileage
6.Decent Set of features
7.Good ride Comfort
8.Extremely Driveable
9.Perfect boot for airport runs
10. Fantastic Instrument Cluster
11. Good build quality, feels like a big car and its heavy too..(1146 kgs,my exact variant)

Dislikes:
1.NVH levels are a bit on the negative side but not like as on the amaze.
2.Expensive buy.
3.Lesser equipment compared to the competitors.
4.Skinny tires[frustration]

Hope you guys found this useful.In case of any doubts or clarifications regarding the car i am always ready to help you guys out. Looking forward to give a detailed ownership review at 10K kms.

My baby[:D]

Attachments

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ Varunvelavan

You are from my native place - a place of car lovers & motor sports enthusiast!

Welcome to TAI forum , congrats and have wonderful memories with your nice car!

Keep writing.

Regards
Dr MUDHAN

Thread Starter #4
@ Varunvelavan

You are from my native place - a place of car lovers & motor sports enthusiast!

Welcome to TAI forum , congrats and have wonderful memories with your nice car!

Keep writing.

Regards
Dr MUDHAN
Thanks a lot sir. Good you come to know we belong to the same place.[:D]

Hi,
Congratulations on your new Honda Jazz. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.
Fiat Premier padmini in the profile picture belongs to you? If yes, what is the model.

Thread Starter #6
Hi,
Congratulations on your new Honda Jazz. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.
Fiat Premier padmini in the profile picture belongs to you? If yes, what is the model.
Yes Ambylovers, the car is ours, my dads actually. It is a 1994 137D, with company fitted disel engine.

Welcome to TAI !! Congratulations on your new acquisition !! Do post more pictures of your Jazz and what are the accessories planned ?? May I ask what made you walk away from Hyundai i20 ??

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
Welcome to TAI !! Congratulations on your new acquisition !! Do post more pictures of your Jazz and what are the accessories planned ?? May I ask what made you walk away from Hyundai i20 ??
Thanks a lot for your wishes sarath.I actually had the Elite in mind simply because of its bells and whistles. But the lack of steering feedback and space made me walk away from that. Not that the elite is not spacious , it is not spacious as the jazz. Simple to say i found a glove that fits my hand with the Jazz.[drive][cheers].And on the accessories front I have planned for 16inch lenso alloys and a spoiler. Interiors remain the same and the ICE is satisfying,so i stay stock there. And for now i have just replaced the Horn.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9
Just Got my first service done. Got to say i was actually impressed with the customer care in the service center and their commitment. I was allowed to see the work being done in the car up close. [clap]

Thread Starter #13
Congrats on buying the most practical premium hatchback in the segment. Do post the mileage figures and ride quality experience.
Thanks a lot bro...The ride quality is excellent, it takes up almost all undulations with no problem at all. And I have got an average mileage of 21kmpl for 60 percent city driving and long hours of idling(new cars idle a lot because we tend to check it out when its parked). The figure is with AC running full time.

Last edited:

Top Bottom