Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron: Initial Ownership Experience @ 6700 Kms

Thread Starter #1
Brief Background

I have been looking for hatchback from year 2010, when I reached to an income level where I could have accommodated 5000 EMI. But then I kept on postponing buying one, as I preferred my bike to roam around Bangalore and go for self drive options for my longer highway trips. In fact I booked a Hyundai Eon just after launch, but then again cancelled it later thinking, I can buy a bigger hatchback after two years rather buying a small one now. Got married in 2013 and then buying a car became more of a necessity than fancy. But as they say things happen when they have to happen. Things happened in family and I had to further delay my decision on buying car.

The Search Began – This time Seriously

It was around Sep 2014 when I made up my mind to buy a car and this time it was a serious call.

My Requirements from the Car was simple
  1. Should have decent exterior build quality. I don’t prefer cars made up of paper thin metal (Current Generation Honda City and Jazz)
  2. Interiors should be pleasing to eyes with reasonable fit and finish. Should not be too quirky like Beat and Ritz
  3. Should have following features: Decent Music Payer with high volume clarity, Bluetooth, USB and AUX connectivity, Steering Mounted controls, Power Windows (All Four doors), MID with Fuel Economy Indicator, Distance to empty and multiple Trip meter
  4. Should have minimum Safety Features - Two Airbags, ABS with EBD. ESP was preferred but was ready to compromise based on my budget
  5. Reasonable after sales service

The first decision was to choose between buying a used car paying full cash and buying a new hatchback with 40% loan. I always loved Fiat Linea and I knew I can get one in a very good condition (Petrol was my consideration) along with a very good deal. Thought of buying a used one in Kolkata and drive it to Bangalore and pay Road Tax here. And to my surprise I got an excellent condition Linea petrol 2010 model, driven just little more than 11,000 KM @2.5 Lakhs. After seeing and test driving the car I was convinced about the car’s condition and was close to finalize the deal, when my mom stepped in and asked to go for a new car instead of used one

While I was going through all this decision process Tata came out with Zest in mid 2014 and then came Bolt. I have driven lot of Tatas before - Indica, Indica Vista, Manja, Safari and Sumo but beside Safari nothing else generated interest for me to consider Tata. But when I saw Zest and Bolt in pictures, I felt that Tata has finally figured out that they need to make good products to remain profitable and stay relevant. Personally I liked Zest more than Bolt as a product offering but, in general never liked the CS concept, of adding a boot to hatch. But it is India, huge potential market for automobile manufacturers with some interesting taxation rules, and there comes a new segment of cars – Compact Sedan

Finalizing What to Buy

In general, buying a car includes test driving the options you are considering and then finalizing what to buy. For me it was like I was already familiar with most of the hatchbacks available in my budget and I have driven most of them for longer distances. Thanks to Self driving options and my habit of taking the driving seat of my friend’s cars. Except Figo, Punto and Polo, nothing impressed me much. I did consider Grand I10 but I don’t know I never feel to be at driver’s seat of a Hyundai car, including i20 Elite. Beside this, Swift was not considered due to its huge number in streets. I personally never liked Hyundai i10’s looks and the beige interiors. Also, I felt the driving dynamics of i10 is one of the worst among hatchbacks. I can take Alto K10 at three digit speeds with more confidence than i10

So the first round of short listing was done based on my past experience with different cars. With a cap on budget @6.25 Lakhs the top variants of Punto and Polo were out of question. So I was only left with one option i.e. Figo. This was around Nov 2014 and the buzz around Bolt being launched soon, was very high. Decided to wait for the same for another month when finally official reviews were available. But then Tata loves taking its own time to launch their products and it was around January 2015 the test drive cars were available in showroom. Went straight to Aadya Motors, near Hebbal and did a test drive of Revotron XT. And man, I was thoroughly impressed. Took the car till 120 Km/hr but didn’t feel nervous at all. Tried all the three modes, the car was quite fun to drive in Sports mode. No, it was not TSI but yes 80% of it @ 60% of price. Note that Bolt price was not yet officially released till now. So the decision was made by test driving only one car and that was Bolt.

But then Figo was a strong contender. Dynamics, the precise steering, extremely good build quality was to my liking. Things which went against Figo was it’s not so popular petrol unit, boring dashboard layout, and the buzz around new generation Figo being launched

With Zest being priced extremely competitive I was expecting some unbelievable price for Bolt. But that didn’t happen and it was priced too close to Zest. And that gave me an excuse to give a second thought to Bolt. Why not wait for new generation Figo instead of straight away going for Bolt. So again the car buying went on hold, but this time it was difficult to postpone it longer. There was no news appearing on expected launch date of Figo. It was already April, 2015 and it was now nearly impossible to manage my day to day activities without a car.

The Buying Process

It was 19th April, 2015. I was looking at some Bolt reviews sitting jobless in office and then suddenly, a spark happened. I am getting this, and getting this very soon. Just a moment before I was still looking out for news around next generation Figo and suddenly this bolt happened. Asked my colleague, can he come to KHT motors with me for a test drive? He asked which brand, I told Tata and then he was like “Am I out of my mind”. I didn’t waste my time convincing him about Tata’s Bolt. Friends are like this, a little “dialogues” and he finally agreed to come with me. He saw both Zest and Bolt. Off course with little price difference he insisted me to go for Zest. But then bolt had already happened and now nothing could have stopped me from getting it. Zest being compact sedan was already not to my liking.

Got a quote from KHT and came back to office. I knew Bolt will not be a great seller any day. With its baggage of Vista and Taxi image, there were few takers for Bolt. But then I don’t buy a brand, I buy products, products which deserve to be bought. Couple of days later took another friend of mine to Aadya, and his negotiation skills ensured that I get few goodies free of cost (worth 2000) and get a rear parking camera @ 2000. Also, Tata was offering 3 year insurance @ 1 year price or flat 14800 as discount if I opt not to take insurance from them. On 25th of April. I called back KHT if they can give something better. They told they can’t; the quotation they had shared is final, take it or leave it.

I didn’t bother to roam around other Tata dealers in Bangalore. I knew all of them are good for nothing so better go ahead with the nearer option.

Experience with Aadya Motors

One word and that is “Just average, lot more desired”

The sales person mugged up all the features which the car had, but little was he able to answer my technical questions. Again when I asked people in showroom about the bad build quality of Tata vehicles in past, the answer was ‘ Sar Tata is like this only”. Hope TATA you are reading this. One of the people actually told me that he has a Swift at his uncle’s place and it is a very good car. I was like, trying to understand, is he selling Bolt or Swift

The ambience in Aadya Motors Hebbal is quite shabby. The surroundings and approach road is not good. Also, inside the showroom the air conditioners are not good enough to keep any unhappy owner’s head cool.

I asked for red XMS, that is the mid variant with safety pack. They told, they don’t have one in stock but they will check if any other dealer is having the same. It was end of the month and same day evening they confirmed that if I can do the down payment before 30th April, they can invoice this one car in stock which had a cancellation request from another customer. I went and checked the VIN details and also checked the car is not a lemon in any case. Manufacturing date was Jan 2015 and the ODO showed 43Kms. After I was convinced the next challenge was to arrange the down payment of 3 Lakhs in less than couple of days. I was expecting a FD maturity by September, which would have not helped me anyway. Suddenly, I remembered that I can take a loan against my LIC. Called my agent and he ensured the money is there in my account in couple of day. Finally, did a RTGS transfer to Aadya and the invoice was generated on last working day of April. But anyone would ask why this hurry to do the payments and generate the invoice. All of this, so that I can have 3 years insurance free (Although later I decided to take bumper to bumper from Royal Sundaram)

Rest I went for loan from State Bank of Hyderabad @10.15%. I decided once my FD matures I can pay back the LIC guys along with my next half yearly premium. Loan was readily approved and the amount was released the day I went to bank and completed the formalities. I must mention the SBH guys were really good in their service.

I had asked for delivery date of 11th May, 2015 between 12:00 and 2:00 PM, as it was good time to take home new car. Aadya ensured the car was ready by 12.30 PM. Did a quick PDI, noticed a little scratch on bonnet which I missed in my earlier check. It was very minute and required strong eyes to notice. Also, I noticed under the sun that there was already swirl marks on the paint. Asked the salesman about the same, he told the scratch can be removed with wax and polish in first service but the swirl marks are present in every car [frustration]

I didn’t argue much with the sales guy and thought I will anyway go for 3M treatment later where this can be taken care off. Also, after reading so much about Tata ASS I was scared about how they will treat my car in case I ask them to correct this paint job. They gave me a 3L fuel voucher. I asked them to give it to some bike guy who ran out of petrol. They took few photos of mine with the car and I drove away [clap]

I have put the Tax Invoice, Road Tax details and Insurance details below:

Tax Invoice.jpg

Road Tax.jpg

Insurence.jpg

Manuals.jpg

Delivery.jpg

Ex-Showr0om Price: 5,29,866
Road Tax: 85,985
Insurance from Royal Sundaram (B2B): 16,816
Total On road Price: 6,32,667
Free Accessories provide: Mud Flaps, Floor Mats, Car Freshener and Rear Parking Camera (Had to pay 2000 for this instead of 4500)

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: TATA BOLT 1.2L Revotron – Initial Ownership Experience @6700 Kms

Congrats on BOLT.[clap] Well started review and thanks for sharing the same as its the 1st TATA BOLT ownership thread for TAI if I am correct. Looking forward to your interesting updates and journey so far!

Regards

Akash

Brief Background

I have been looking for hatchback from year 2010, when I reached to an income level where I could have accommodated 5000 EMI. But then I kept on postponing buying one, as I preferred my bike to roam around Bangalore and go for self drive options for my longer highway trips. In fact I booked a Hyundai Eon just after launch, but then again cancelled it later thinking, I can buy a bigger hatchback after two years rather buying a small one now. Got married in 2013 and then buying a car became more of a necessity than fancy. But as they say things happen when they have to happen. Things happened in family and I had to further delay my decision on buying car.

The Search Began – This time Seriously

It was around Sep 2014 when I made up my mind to buy a car and this time it was a serious call.

My Requirements from the Car was simple
  1. Should have decent exterior build quality. I don’t prefer cars made up of paper thin metal (Current Generation Honda City and Jazz)
  2. Interiors should be pleasing to eyes with reasonable fit and finish. Should not be too quirky like Beat and Ritz
  3. Should have following features: Decent Music Payer with high volume clarity, Bluetooth, USB and AUX connectivity, Steering Mounted controls, Power Windows (All Four doors), MID with Fuel Economy Indicator, Distance to empty and multiple Trip meter
  4. Should have minimum Safety Features - Two Airbags, ABS with EBD. ESP was preferred but was ready to compromise based on my budget
  5. Reasonable after sales service

The first decision was to choose between buying a used car paying full cash and buying a new hatchback with 40% loan. I always loved Fiat Linea and I knew I can get one in a very good condition (Petrol was my consideration) along with a very good deal. Thought of buying a used one in Kolkata and drive it to Bangalore and pay Road Tax here. And to my surprise I got an excellent condition Linea petrol 2010 model, driven just little more than 11,000 KM @2.5 Lakhs. After seeing and test driving the car I was convinced about the car’s condition and was close to finalize the deal, when my mom stepped in and asked to go for a new car instead of used one

While I was going through all this decision process Tata came out with Zest in mid 2014 and then came Bolt. I have driven lot of Tatas before - Indica, Indica Vista, Manja, Safari and Sumo but beside Safari nothing else generated interest for me to consider Tata. But when I saw Zest and Bolt in pictures, I felt that Tata has finally figured out that they need to make good products to remain profitable and stay relevant. Personally I liked Zest more than Bolt as a product offering but, in general never liked the CS concept, of adding a boot to hatch. But it is India, huge potential market for automobile manufacturers with some interesting taxation rules, and there comes a new segment of cars – Compact Sedan

Finalizing What to Buy

In general, buying a car includes test driving the options you are considering and then finalizing what to buy. For me it was like I was already familiar with most of the hatchbacks available in my budget and I have driven most of them for longer distances. Thanks to Self driving options and my habit of taking the driving seat of my friend’s cars. Except Figo, Punto and Polo, nothing impressed me much. I did consider Grand I10 but I don’t know I never feel to be at driver’s seat of a Hyundai car, including i20 Elite. Beside this, Swift was not considered due to its huge number in streets. I personally never liked Hyundai i10’s looks and the beige interiors. Also, I felt the driving dynamics of i10 is one of the worst among hatchbacks. I can take Alto K10 at three digit speeds with more confidence than i10

So the first round of short listing was done based on my past experience with different cars. With a cap on budget @6.25 Lakhs the top variants of Punto and Polo were out of question. So I was only left with one option i.e. Figo. This was around Nov 2014 and the buzz around Bolt being launched soon, was very high. Decided to wait for the same for another month when finally official reviews were available. But then Tata loves taking its own time to launch their products and it was around January 2015 the test drive cars were available in showroom. Went straight to Aadya Motors, near Hebbal and did a test drive of Revotron XT. And man, I was thoroughly impressed. Took the car till 120 Km/hr but didn’t feel nervous at all. Tried all the three modes, the car was quite fun to drive in Sports mode. No, it was not TSI but yes 80% of it @ 60% of price. Note that Bolt price was not yet officially released till now. So the decision was made by test driving only one car and that was Bolt.

But then Figo was a strong contender. Dynamics, the precise steering, extremely good build quality was to my liking. Things which went against Figo was it’s not so popular petrol unit, boring dashboard layout, and the buzz around new generation Figo being launched

With Zest being priced extremely competitive I was expecting some unbelievable price for Bolt. But that didn’t happen and it was priced too close to Zest. And that gave me an excuse to give a second thought to Bolt. Why not wait for new generation Figo instead of straight away going for Bolt. So again the car buying went on hold, but this time it was difficult to postpone it longer. There was no news appearing on expected launch date of Figo. It was already April, 2015 and it was now nearly impossible to manage my day to day activities without a car.

The Buying Process

It was 19th April, 2015. I was looking at some Bolt reviews sitting jobless in office and then suddenly, a spark happened. I am getting this, and getting this very soon. Just a moment before I was still looking out for news around next generation Figo and suddenly this bolt happened. Asked my colleague, can he come to KHT motors with me for a test drive? He asked which brand, I told Tata and then he was like “Am I out of my mind”. I didn’t waste my time convincing him about Tata’s Bolt. Friends are like this, a little “dialogues” and he finally agreed to come with me. He saw both Zest and Bolt. Off course with little price difference he insisted me to go for Zest. But then bolt had already happened and now nothing could have stopped me from getting it. Zest being compact sedan was already not to my liking.

Got a quote from KHT and came back to office. I knew Bolt will not be a great seller any day. With its baggage of Vista and Taxi image, there were few takers for Bolt. But then I don’t buy a brand, I buy products, products which deserve to be bought. Couple of days later took another friend of mine to Aadya, and his negotiation skills ensured that I get few goodies free of cost (worth 2000) and get a rear parking camera @ 2000. Also, Tata was offering 3 year insurance @ 1 year price or flat 14800 as discount if I opt not to take insurance from them. On 25th of April. I called back KHT if they can give something better. They told they can’t; the quotation they had shared is final, take it or leave it.

I didn’t bother to roam around other Tata dealers in Bangalore. I knew all of them are good for nothing so better go ahead with the nearer option.

Experience with Aadya Motors

One word and that is “Just average, lot more desired”

The sales person mugged up all the features which the car had, but little was he able to answer my technical questions. Again when I asked people in showroom about the bad build quality of Tata vehicles in past, the answer was ‘ Sar Tata is like this only”. Hope TATA you are reading this. One of the people actually told me that he has a Swift at his uncle’s place and it is a very good car. I was like, trying to understand, is he selling Bolt or Swift

The ambience in Aadya Motors Hebbal is quite shabby. The surroundings and approach road is not good. Also, inside the showroom the air conditioners are not good enough to keep any unhappy owner’s head cool.

I asked for red XMS, that is the mid variant with safety pack. They told, they don’t have one in stock but they will check if any other dealer is having the same. It was end of the month and same day evening they confirmed that if I can do the down payment before 30th April, they can invoice this one car in stock which had a cancellation request from another customer. I went and checked the VIN details and also checked the car is not a lemon in any case. Manufacturing date was Jan 2015 and the ODO showed 43Kms. After I was convinced the next challenge was to arrange the down payment of 3 Lakhs in less than couple of days. I was expecting a FD maturity by September, which would have not helped me anyway. Suddenly, I remembered that I can take a loan against my LIC. Called my agent and he ensured the money is there in my account in couple of day. Finally, did a RTGS transfer to Aadya and the invoice was generated on last working day of April. But anyone would ask why this hurry to do the payments and generate the invoice. All of this, so that I can have 3 years insurance free (Although later I decided to take bumper to bumper from Royal Sundaram)

Rest I went for loan from State Bank of Hyderabad @10.15%. I decided once my FD matures I can pay back the LIC guys along with my next half yearly premium. Loan was readily approved and the amount was released the day I went to bank and completed the formalities. I must mention the SBH guys were really good in their service.

I had asked for delivery date of 11th May, 2015 between 12:00 and 2:00 PM, as it was good time to take home new car. Aadya ensured the car was ready by 12.30 PM. Did a quick PDI, noticed a little scratch on bonnet which I missed in my earlier check. It was very minute and required strong eyes to notice. Also, I noticed under the sun that there was already swirl marks on the paint. Asked the salesman about the same, he told the scratch can be removed with wax and polish in first service but the swirl marks are present in every car [frustration]

I didn’t argue much with the sales guy and thought I will anyway go for 3M treatment later where this can be taken care off. Also, after reading so much about Tata ASS I was scared about how they will treat my car in case I ask them to correct this paint job. They gave me a 3L fuel voucher. I asked them to give it to some bike guy who ran out of petrol. They took few photos of mine with the car and I drove away [clap]

I have put the Tax Invoice, Road Tax details and Insurance details below:

View attachment 182676

View attachment 182677

View attachment 182678

View attachment 182679

View attachment 182680

Ex-Showr0om Price: 5,29,866
Road Tax: 85,985
Insurance from Royal Sundaram (B2B): 16,816
Total On road Price: 6,32,667
Free Accessories provide: Mud Flaps, Floor Mats, Car Freshener and Rear Parking Camera (Had to pay 2000 for this instead of 4500)
Congrats and really appreciate your decision to own Tata car[clap], as people talk a lot(good) about Bolt amd Zest but put their Money on different brand.

Excellent choice!

Please share your driving and ownership experience till now.

Thread Starter #4

Congrats on BOLT.[clap] Well started review and thanks for sharing the same as its the 1st TATA BOLT ownership thread for TAI
Thanks! Akash

Yes it is first ownership report for Tata Bolt not only in TAI but also across any other automotive forums

Kasson said:
Congrats and really appreciate your decision to own Tata car, as people talk a lot(good) about Bolt amd Zest but put their Money on different brand
Thanks! Kasson. It will take time for Tata to win the trust back. Till then people will put their money into brands that have proved their reliability over the years

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5

I have driven the car for 6700 Km now and touchwood it has provided me satisfactory experience

Things that I like about this car
  1. Good mid range and brilliant low end torque – Car pulls well once it has crossed 1500 RPM till 3500 RPM. Low end torque ensures the car drives on its own without accelerator input in any gear from 1st till 4th. A boon in slow moving traffic especially in 1st and 2nd gear
  2. Beautiful Dashboard – I personally feel this is best looking dashboard in term of design though material quality Hyundai Leads
  3. Harmon Kardon Infotainment System – High volume clarity is best among anything offered in cars from same segment and a segment higher
  4. Straight line stability
  5. Excellent Brakes with ABS, EBD and CSC
  6. Excellent Seat comfort – Front seats are very comfortable so do the rear ones
  7. There are very few Bolts in the streets. Not sure for what reason (pun intended) but I get lot of attention when I take this thing out
  8. Fit and finish is in par with competitors. Shut lines are really tight and panel gaps consistent. Kudos to Tata for the big improvement here
  9. Nothing fell apart from the car till now except one of the fog lamp glass. Was taken care under warranty after little dose of high pitch voice. Everything else seems nicely built and no rattles till now
  10. Three Driving modes – Yes they work to change everything which affects fuel consumption to power delivery starting from ECU mapping, accelerator response and air conditioning
  11. Sports Mode – Switch on the sports mode and you will feel it’s a different car all together. Has managed below 12 seconds 0-100 figures with sport mode
  12. Good Highway Fuel economy – For a car which weighs more than a ton, I am impressed with 18-19 km/l fuel economy which it returns
  13. Linear Power Delivery which makes this easier to drive. Although the low end response could have been better
  14. Accurate MID – This is one of the cars where you can trust the MID for fuel economy. It is very accurate and numbers are absolutely consistent with Full Tank Method for calculating economy
  15. It is a real VFM. People may disagree that being priced so close to Zest, Bolt is not really a VFM from Tata stable. But I feel Bolt has been priced what it deserves. Instead Zest should have been a little costlier for the value it offers

Things that could have been better
  1. Headlights – OEM headlights are good for city drive but not enough for highway driving. I had to switch to Philips Extreme Nigh vision which improved things a lot
  2. Suspension – It is tuned towards harder side, although I know it is so for better dynamics at high speed. But don’t expect a typical cushiony ride the way previous generation Tatas has been known for
  3. Small Turbo Charger – This engine has lot more potential untapped due to usage of a small Turbo unit. A bigger turbo can make hell lot of difference
  4. Engine Refinement – Although the refinement is not that bad but it is not as good as Hyundai’s 1.2 L unit. The engine sounds course at higher RPMs. Also, there is a slight clatter in idle which is similar to my 20 years old 800, although not that loud but still this could have been further refined. Although due to excellent insulation it becomes impossible to make out whether the engine is on or off in Traffic condition
  5. After Sales Service – A lot more is desired in this department. Maruti should provide consultancy to other companies on how to provide an excellent ASS
  6. Tires – Bolt XMS comes with 14” wheels. 15” wheel would have made it look better
  7. Handling in Corners
  8. Tail Light assembly although look fresh but I am not convinced about the way it is designed (More on this Later)
  9. Looks – Being evolved out of Vista it is very difficult to take the Vista out of Bolt. Tata could have started with a blank paper instead
  10. Gearbox – Although improved from previous generation Tata's this gearbox is still not as good as Hyundai or Maruti

Things Which I hate
  1. The extra long Antenna which stands too tall on the roof. I mean Tata at least could have kept the angle of mound slanted towards the roof line. The antenna can break in case you are parking in an area with very low roof height
  2. Wipers – I am not sure but the wipers leave a foggy mark while working. Not sure is it due to dirt in the blades or the piece is faulty in my case. Thinking to change to frameless blades. Will need suggestions from the forum members on what to buy
  3. Useless Boot with excessive suspension intrusion is a classic example of wasting available space
  4. Door pockets which can’t hold half liter water bottle. Don’t know what Tata designers were thinking
  5. City mode has this peculiar problem of Stalling and jerking when you want to pull the car with little accelerator input. I use mostly eco in bumper to bumper and surprisingly this problem is not at all present in Eco mode
  6. The driving mode resets to City whenever I switch the engine off. Also, the fog lamps have similar behavior if you switch off the engine. You need to again reach out to switch them on

Few more pics

Showroom.jpg

Puja.jpg

WP_20150516_010.jpg

WP_20150516_006.jpg

Nut n Bolt.jpg
The Nut with his Bolt

Thread Starter #6

Looks and Design

This is a design which will offend everybody who hates Tata for manufacturing Indicas. But I am not among those. Off course I don’t love it as much as the Punto or Polo, but I don’t hate it as much as Ritz or Beat. I look at it, leaving the baggage of Indica and Vista behind and I find the design quite good and different. For me it looks nearly as good as Swift and better than Hyundai’s Grand i10 (No offence to Grand i10 owner’s). Front headlamps are nicely sculpted and they look awesome with the projector units. My XMS has normal halogen unit but they don’t look out of place. Also, I love the way the indicators are integrated in the headlamp assembly

Front.JPG

The Honeycomb grill looks good but is a pain to clean
Honeycomb Grill.JPG

Headlamps.JPG

The shoulder lines takes the bulk out of the side profile of this car. Although not very prominent in the front section the shoulder lines flows nicely through the door handles, becomes sharper towards the rear door and merges to the rear of the car below the C-pillars. I am happy there is no plastic cladding in the side profile as they are prone to fading and ensures the car looks older than it actually is

Sunflower.jpg

I love the black C-pillars but instead of the vinyl job a shiny plastic cladding would have given lot more premium feel to the car’s profile. To give you an example, the i20 elite Active’s C-pillars houses a similar plastic cladding. In bolt similar plastic has been used to fill in the space between the rear glass and the C-pillar. I hate the plastic being used for regular i20 elites as those units have tendency to fade very soon and I have already seen some of the cars with this.

C-Pillar.JPG

Tail lamp assembly is interesting and is a bold step from Tata against the trend of Wrap around tail lamps in everything else available in market except Punto and Polo. I am bit disappointed in the way the flame shaped tail light has been designed. The flame shaped lights could have been enhanced with dual LED strips, between parking cum brake light section and indicator and reverse light section. That would have enhanced the rear profile extensively. See the cropped imaged below to understand what I mean. Apologies for the bad image quality

_DSC0003.jpg
The orange color area is due to reflection from the camera flash. This is the area Tata should have provided with Red LEd strips like Zest, side by side the normal halogen units

Also, the space created by the new tail light assembly replacing the old Vista tail lamps, has not been filled up properly and seems to be an afterthought. Rest Bolt looks plain from rear though the spoiler provides a sporty touch to the rear profile

Rear Profile.JPG

Exterior Build

The metal sheets used in Bolt is not consistent across the body panels. Although it is not paper thin at any place. The doors are of medium built. With reasonable force at the center of the door, you can push it inside. But it doesn’t feels too flimsy like the Japanese. The door frames are of thick metal and feels very solid. Overall the doors feel heavy and close with a reasonable thud with a three stage action. The door handles feels solid and I expect them to stay intact for years to come.

The front fender is of thick metal and should not bend with light forces. I felt the front bumpers are better built in terms of strength compared to rear ones. A, B and C pillars feel strong and should not give up easily in case of accident. The rear hatch door is made of super thick sheet and can absorb impacts without much damage. With all this I felt the weakest point is the roof metal which is very thin and can go out of shape easily with minimal blow. Tata should have added couple of milimeters to the roof metal thickness

Couple of bikes have already hit my car from behind [frustration] Except a small scratch nothing came out or went out of shape. This validates the reasonable built quality of this car

Interiors, Fit and Finish

This is one area Tata has taken a huge leap forward and I am thoroughly impressed the way Tata designers sculpted the Dashboard. Not only the design is good but fit and finish is also great. I love the way the line flows from top of the information display area to the top of the central AC vents. The plastic quality although could have been better but they are not bad. I didn’t find any rough edges across any panels or door pads although some of the official reviews have mentioned this

Also, thank God Tata gave way to all black interiors and I can get in and out of the car without bothering much about soiling something or making some kind of marks. Seat fabric is of decent quality. All the buttons feels good and solid. Nothing feels flimsy or shows signs of cost cutting. Where the interior fails is in terms of practicality. No space for bottles at all. I had to buy custom shaped bottles to ensure I can put them in door pockets. You just get a small cup holder in front of the gear lever and a tray below Handbrake. To some extent this impracticality is compensated by large Glove box and a tray under co-driver’s seat. But ergonomically keeping bottles at these places is not very comfortable option

Can't take the eyes of this beautiful dashboard. Although the big rear view camera display looks horrible. Will soon change this one to IRVM integrated display like i20 elite
Dashboard.JPG

The four modes of MID, normal odometer display, Trip Meter A, Trip Meter B and Distance to empty. The door azar warning light shows individuly if the driver's door is not closed properly. For other three doors it shows the left door open light in MID. I don't know how Tata saved cost by skipping this feature in XMS from XT. The instantenous fuel economy indicator tells you how economically you are driving
Modes.png

There is a feel good factor when you sit in the drivers seat
Driver controls.jpg

The indicator stalks feel solid. The indicators operate in two stage action. Slight touch and hold provides a spring action for lane change purpose while pushing it completely holds the indicator to its position. The headlight can be adjusted by rotating the center part of the stalk
Indicator stalk.jpg

The wiper stalk functions in similar way with five speed option for the interminent wipe action and a spring action for manual interminent operation
Wiper stalk.jpg

Harmon Kardon is a delight in this segment, with 4 speakers and 4 twitters prodcuces excellent sound quality even at high volumes. Touchscreen is missing in XMS variant. Piano blacl finish in the central console looks good but is very much prone to scratches. I aready have many in my car
HK Music.jpg

Useless door pockets provides little practicality
door pckets.JPG

The cup holder is a joke next to the gear lever. The tray below hand brake hardly accomodates a medium size mobile. The gear lever feels good to hold and the throws are medium
Grar Lever.jpg

Huge glove box and the tray below co-drivers seat provides a little practicality to otherwise impractical cabin.
Golve Box.jpg
Seat Tray.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
Power window control switches feels decent. There is no one touch down for any window. There is a push button to deactivate window switches on other doors. The ORVM can be adjusted using the joy stick type switch and is a breeze to use
power window controls.JPG

The pedals are placed nicely far from each other but there is no place to the left of the clutch pedal to rest your foot.
pedals.JPG

The side AC vents cannot be closed completely, and has little adjustment range for direction of air. The center AC vents can be closed completely but still little air passes through. The chrome borders around the AC vents looks premium
Side Vents.JPG

ORVMs could have been wider but with the current width itself it creates a huge blind spot along with the A Pillar
OrVM.JPG

The rubber beads of the doors are of extremely good quality. They should prevent any door rattling noices for years to come
Rubber beads.JPG

The rear seat has generous space for three persons. The floor hump is not flat but the wider profile of the car ensures the third occupant is comfortable
Leg room.JPG

There is a place to hook the rear seat belts when not in use. A neat touch indeed
Seat Belt.jpg

One of the worst boots in terms of design. To carry full size trolleys, one will need to take the parcel tray off. Don't think any space will be left after that
Boot Space.JPG

The way the front fendor is bolted to the car body, exposes lot of metel and sharp edges. Tata could have fixed it in a better way
finishing.JPG

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
Ergonomics

Everything falls to your hands nicely in this car. Finding a comfortable seating position for driver is not a problem with height adjustable driver seat and tilt adjustable steering. I didn’t feel the need for reach adjustment but others may differ. Also, I have a feeling that, for extra tall drivers the driver seat might not have enough play for a comfortable driving position. The steering feels good to hold, has good turning ratio and the horn pad requires medium effort to work with. The steering control switches feels solid and should last the test of time.
Switches.jpg

One irritating bit is the driving mode switches sits bit low in the central console, and with Tata’s idea for resetting it every time you switch off the engine,makes it bit tiring to toggle between the modes in stop and go city traffic, especially if you want to drive in economy. Same problem is with the Fog lamp switch also, kind of makes it impossible for you to use fog lamp in stop and go traffic where you don’t want to switch on your headlamps

The driver sits high on this car and gets a commanding view of the road ahead. The thick A-pillar though creates a huge blind spot and it is recommended to look out for bikes when crossing junctions. At certain angles, whole of the bike can hide behind the blind spot. The information display area with white backlight is a delight to the eyes and feels premium
Swap.jpg

The Driver’s Perspective (Ride and Handling)

Revotron is really an engine which Tata should feel proud about. Especially this engines ability to crawl on slow moving traffic without any accelerator input is awesome. I mean I generally put it in first gear and just play with brakes to keep the engine crawling in traffic speed.
Although, if you want to move quickly from a signal, the initial lack luster response from the engine will disappoint you. Work out with gears to keep the RPM above 1500 RPM and the engine will be in a better position to push you ahead of the crowd. But yes this is no TSI or T-jet. It is reasonably fast but will not put any fire to your enthusiast fantasies. The mid range is where the engine shines and pulls the car cleanly to three digits speed. Once you have reached around 4000 RPM, the engine becomes noisy and chorus. 100km/hr comes around 2500 RPM in fifth gear. Redline is set low @ 5500 RPM. But till then you would have crossed 150 Km/hr mark

Tata has also done a great job on how the car handles at high speed. The straight line stability is excellent. The brakes are sharp, although the few initial centimeters of play don’t give much response but it becomes quite sharp and accurate beyond this point. People driving Hyundai might take some time to get used to this. The steering is light at city speed and weighs up nicely when speed builds up. I personally found the steering one of the best among the electronic units especially at higher speeds, only exception being Polo. There is no vagueness and you feel grounded even at speeds exceeding 120 KM/hr. Where it becomes nervous is when you throw this heavy car in corners at high speeds and the body roll pitches in. There is bit of under steer and the physical forces starts interfering with the driving pleasure. But then it handles lot better than older Vista and Hyundai counterparts.

About the gearbox I would like to make a note that it has improved from previous Tatas but then there is lot more room still left for improvement. Especially the vibrations travelling through the gear lever when you engage and disengage the clutch, is bit irritating. You can feel it if you put your hands on top of the gear lever and engage/disengage the clutch

However, what impressed me most was how silently, the ABS works in Bolt without any pedal vibrations when the ABS kicks in. Also, I was initially confused with what Corner Stability Control is. I got to test this feature when I braked hard while I was negotiating a corner at around 70 Km/hr and suddenly a speed breaker appeared. The road surface had sand all over. Under normal circumstances the car would have skidded and lost intended direction of travel. But in this case although I felt there was a loss of braking power but ABS with EBD and CSC ensured that the car travels in intended direction with optimum breaking force. Beside this the grip levels from Bridgestone tires is excellent and confidence inspiring

About the ride quality, bolt is not as comfortable as Vista and its sibling Zest on bad roads. Grand i10 cushions bad roads better than that Bolt. Especially the rear suspension is quite stiff and has a tendency to transmit vertical movements into the cabin when going above speed breakers.

The ground clearance on paper sounds less but you need to really search for big humps to get a under body hit. I personally feel the ground clearance is as good as Innova (Compared this based on my experience in driving innova for my ladhak trip) and you can jump through few speed breakers without any fuss

Special Note on driving modes

As you know Revotron offers three driving modes. The default mode is City but you can switch to Eco or sports as per your desire. Every time you switch off the engine you will need to press the Eco or Sports button again as the car would have gone back to the default mode, City.

Eco Mode: Good for speeds not exceeding 60 km/hr and boon for bumper to bumper half clutch driving. The difference in fuel economy is visible in MID, where you can notice an increase of two points in instantaneous fuel economy as soon as you switch to eco from city. It is good for traffic driving where you don’t need to move quickly and just crawl with speeds below 10-20 Km/hr

City Mode: Although the name is city mode but I find it more suitable for highway drives as I have already mentioned the stalling problem with this mode in city traffic. The power deliver is linear and the car is reasonably peppy in response.

Sports Mode: I call it the fun mode. In fact I use it rarely as I am a family man now and one among the fuel economy sensitive consumer. So less that, initially it takes time for me to adjust my driving with loads of power available which is suddenly thrown at me. The difference is huge when you switch from Eco to Sports. From City to Sports the difference is not that much but quite noticeable

Fuel Economy

I don’t crib much on the fuel economy figures of a petrol car. I have seen people complaining about Hyundai I10 giving 9 km/l in city and also people feeling proud at 13 Km/l in city in same car. Point is it can be different for two cars depending on how bad traffic, the car negotiates and how much heavy, the driver’s foot is. The real mileage test happens in highway conditions where one can have similar driving condition for the cars and this is where one should consider a car is economical or not. This is my personal feeling and many of you may differ

In case of Bolt this is what I got for last 744 Kilometers, completely driven in city with a mix of office traffic(70%) as well as weekend traffic (30%). The figure is 80% without AC. With 80% AC usage I have noticed it falls further by 1 Km/l.

Fuel Eco.JPG

In fact the economy has increased after crossing 5000 km mark especially in city driving condition. Till then I use to get around 12 Km/l

Travelling to Ecospace from Banaswadi, crossing K R Puram and Marathalli bottle necks in bangalore, I think this is quite decent.

Highway drives generally gives me 18.5 to 19 without AC and 17 to 18 with AC, mostly driven in city mode, speeds ranging from 70-90 km/hr. Take it beyond three digits and it falls to 17.5 without AC and around 16.5 with AC. If you want to further destroy the numbers, switch on the sports mode and let the fuel economy indicator fall below 14

One thing interesting with this car is, in economy mode the AC works with lesser effectiveness and hardly cools the cabin. But put it to city mode the AC is a chiller. But then, the real test will happen once I take this car outside Karnataka where we have summer season

Issues Faced Till Date
  1. The glass cover of the left side fog lamp came out. Thankfully the glass was stuck inside the fog lamp assembly. This ensured I can claim warranty. This happened in the first month of ownership and I had to give a good dose of high pitch voice to the Aadya motor guys. They tried to blame it on me by saying I might have hit something which would have resulted in the glass to come out. Clearly that was not the case as they were not able to find a single scratch around bumper which would have proved so. It was a clear case of manufacturing defect and I ensured they replace it under warranty. But for getting this done I had to escalate the matter to the showroom manager and it was not a good experience
  2. Harmon Kardon had a tendency to hang, especially when songs being played with Bluetooth connectivity. This was not very frequent issue but use to happen randomly. To restart the system I had to completely switch the car off, take the keys out and then start again. A software reset by the Aadya Guys have taken care of this and it has not happened after that
  3. I broke the loading hump plastic guard of the boot, while unloading a heavy luggage. Basically the clips holding the plastic cover broke off as I tried to pull the luggage and it got stuck to the plastic panel. A better design from Tata could have taken care of this. Any case Aadya guys replaced the clips without any charge on an ad-hoc visit to the showroom. I have to take extra care when I am dealing with heavy luggage in future

First Service Experience

I did the first service with KHT motors as I was bit pissed off with Aadya Motors, because of the Fog lamp incident. It was smooth. The service included top up of all fluids, re-fixing of the fog lamp plastic assembly, as it was not fitted properly by the Aadya guys when they changed the fog lamp under warranty. Nothing was charged as part of first service

Only disappointment was, when I went to take the delivery of the car, the car was standing outside in an uncovered area. It had rained just before an hour and a little dust had settled on car surface. They tried to deliver the car in same state. I had to give them a sarcastic comment to ensure they clean up the car surface before delivering it to me

Overall TATA the nightmare car maker has provided me a great product. I got number of calls from Tata motors asking me about my feedback on service, buying experience and any issues I am facing with the car. The latest Odometer reading shows 6800 Kms, and touchwood the ownership experience has been really good till now. I will be updating this thread on time to time basis based on my further ownership experience. Let me know if any of the members here has any questions and I will try to answer

Cheers!
Abhi

Some closing snaps
20150823_141904_Richtone(HDR).jpg
Best Angle to look at bolt
Best Angle.jpg
20150823_142158_Richtone(HDR).jpg
Nut's favourite pic of his bolt [clap]
Parting Shot.jpg

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddy, I have a small query, Your's is a XMS Variant right! So how come the projectors were not given as its the model that is just one below the XT Variant? As I remember, In January 2015, when I had driven the BOLT, I had been informed by the SA at dealership the Projectors were suppose to be a standard fitment across all variants. Did TATA discontinue projector lamps as standard for XMS Variant or what?

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #10
Buddy, I have a small query, Your's is a XMS Variant right! So how come the projectors were not given as its the model that is just one below the XT Variant? As I remember, In January 2015, when I had driven the BOLT, I had been informed by the SA at dealership the Projectors were suppose to be a standard fitment across all variants. Did TATA discontinue projector lamps as standard for XMS Variant or what?

Regards

Akash
Yes Akash, I too heard the same about bolt initially but this was the case only with Zest. The sales person might have anticipated the same with Bolt and would have given you a wrong information. In fact before confirming XMS I went to their stockyard to look at XM model without projectors. I felt they are not as sexy as the projectors but but I can live without one[:)]

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Yes Akash, I too heard the same about bolt initially but this was the case only with Zest. The sales person might have anticipated the same with Bolt and would have given you a wrong information.
Could be the case definitely because I drove the BOLT about 2 weeks prior to its official launch in 2015. That time the official literature wasn't present too so based on feedback, the SA had informed. Thanks for the clarification.

In fact before confirming XMS I went to their stockyard to look at XM model without projectors. I felt they are not as sexy as the projectors but but I can live without one
Projectors if not given by OEM then can be fixed from market at any time. But today we have such good and powerful bulbs available that are certainly sufficient for enhancing visibility and safe driving.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Ergonomics

Everything falls to your hands nicely in this car. Finding a comfortable seating position for driver is not a problem with height adjustable driver seat and tilt adjustable steering. I didn’t feel the need for reach adjustment but others may differ. Also, I have a feeling that, for extra tall drivers the driver seat might not have enough play for a comfortable driving position. The steering feels good to hold, has good turning ratio and the horn pad requires medium effort to work with. The steering control switches feels solid and should last the test of time.
View attachment 182893

One irritating bit is the driving mode switches sits bit low in the central console, and with Tata’s idea for resetting it every time you switch off the engine,makes it bit tiring to toggle between the modes in stop and go city traffic, especially if you want to drive in economy. Same problem is with the Fog lamp switch also, kind of makes it impossible for you to use fog lamp in stop and go traffic where you don’t want to switch on your headlamps

The driver sits high on this car and gets a commanding view of the road ahead. The thick A-pillar though creates a huge blind spot and it is recommended to look out for bikes when crossing junctions. At certain angles, whole of the bike can hide behind the blind spot. The information display area with white backlight is a delight to the eyes and feels premium
View attachment 182894

The Driver’s Perspective (Ride and Handling)

Revotron is really an engine which Tata should feel proud about. Especially this engines ability to crawl on slow moving traffic without any accelerator input is awesome. I mean I generally put it in first gear and just play with brakes to keep the engine crawling in traffic speed.
Although, if you want to move quickly from a signal, the initial lack luster response from the engine will disappoint you. Work out with gears to keep the RPM above 1500 RPM and the engine will be in a better position to push you ahead of the crowd. But yes this is no TSI or T-jet. It is reasonably fast but will not put any fire to your enthusiast fantasies. The mid range is where the engine shines and pulls the car cleanly to three digits speed. Once you have reached around 4000 RPM, the engine becomes noisy and chorus. 100km/hr comes around 2500 RPM in fifth gear. Redline is set low @ 5500 RPM. But till then you would have crossed 150 Km/hr mark

Tata has also done a great job on how the car handles at high speed. The straight line stability is excellent. The brakes are sharp, although the few initial centimeters of play don’t give much response but it becomes quite sharp and accurate beyond this point. People driving Hyundai might take some time to get used to this. The steering is light at city speed and weighs up nicely when speed builds up. I personally found the steering one of the best among the electronic units especially at higher speeds, only exception being Polo. There is no vagueness and you feel grounded even at speeds exceeding 120 KM/hr. Where it becomes nervous is when you throw this heavy car in corners at high speeds and the body roll pitches in. There is bit of under steer and the physical forces starts interfering with the driving pleasure. But then it handles lot better than older Vista and Hyundai counterparts.

About the gearbox I would like to make a note that it has improved from previous Tatas but then there is lot more room still left for improvement. Especially the vibrations travelling through the gear lever when you engage and disengage the clutch, is bit irritating. You can feel it if you put your hands on top of the gear lever and engage/disengage the clutch

However, what impressed me most was how silently, the ABS works in Bolt without any pedal vibrations when the ABS kicks in. Also, I was initially confused with what Corner Stability Control is. I got to test this feature when I braked hard while I was negotiating a corner at around 70 Km/hr and suddenly a speed breaker appeared. The road surface had sand all over. Under normal circumstances the car would have skidded and lost intended direction of travel. But in this case although I felt there was a loss of braking power but ABS with EBD and CSC ensured that the car travels in intended direction with optimum breaking force. Beside this the grip levels from Bridgestone tires is excellent and confidence inspiring

About the ride quality, bolt is not as comfortable as Vista and its sibling Zest on bad roads. Grand i10 cushions bad roads better than that Bolt. Especially the rear suspension is quite stiff and has a tendency to transmit vertical movements into the cabin when going above speed breakers.

The ground clearance on paper sounds less but you need to really search for big humps to get a under body hit. I personally feel the ground clearance is as good as Innova (Compared this based on my experience in driving innova for my ladhak trip) and you can jump through few speed breakers without any fuss

Special Note on driving modes

As you know Revotron offers three driving modes. The default mode is City but you can switch to Eco or sports as per your desire. Every time you switch off the engine you will need to press the Eco or Sports button again as the car would have gone back to the default mode, City.

Eco Mode: Good for speeds not exceeding 60 km/hr and boon for bumper to bumper half clutch driving. The difference in fuel economy is visible in MID, where you can notice an increase of two points in instantaneous fuel economy as soon as you switch to eco from city. It is good for traffic driving where you don’t need to move quickly and just crawl with speeds below 10-20 Km/hr

City Mode: Although the name is city mode but I find it more suitable for highway drives as I have already mentioned the stalling problem with this mode in city traffic. The power deliver is linear and the car is reasonably peppy in response.

Sports Mode: I call it the fun mode. In fact I use it rarely as I am a family man now and one among the fuel economy sensitive consumer. So less that, initially it takes time for me to adjust my driving with loads of power available which is suddenly thrown at me. The difference is huge when you switch from Eco to Sports. From City to Sports the difference is not that much but quite noticeable

Fuel Economy

I don’t crib much on the fuel economy figures of a petrol car. I have seen people complaining about Hyundai I10 giving 9 km/l in city and also people feeling proud at 13 Km/l in city in same car. Point is it can be different for two cars depending on how bad traffic, the car negotiates and how much heavy, the driver’s foot is. The real mileage test happens in highway conditions where one can have similar driving condition for the cars and this is where one should consider a car is economical or not. This is my personal feeling and many of you may differ

In case of Bolt this is what I got for last 744 Kilometers, completely driven in city with a mix of office traffic(70%) as well as weekend traffic (30%). The figure is 80% without AC. With 80% AC usage I have noticed it falls further by 1 Km/l.

View attachment 182895

In fact the economy has increased after crossing 5000 km mark especially in city driving condition. Till then I use to get around 12 Km/l

Travelling to Ecospace from Banaswadi, crossing K R Puram and Marathalli bottle necks in bangalore, I think this is quite decent.

Highway drives generally gives me 18.5 to 19 without AC and 17 to 18 with AC, mostly driven in city mode, speeds ranging from 70-90 km/hr. Take it beyond three digits and it falls to 17.5 without AC and around 16.5 with AC. If you want to further destroy the numbers, switch on the sports mode and let the fuel economy indicator fall below 14

One thing interesting with this car is, in economy mode the AC works with lesser effectiveness and hardly cools the cabin. But put it to city mode the AC is a chiller. But then, the real test will happen once I take this car outside Karnataka where we have summer season

Issues Faced Till Date
  1. The glass cover of the left side fog lamp came out. Thankfully the glass was stuck inside the fog lamp assembly. This ensured I can claim warranty. This happened in the first month of ownership and I had to give a good dose of high pitch voice to the Aadya motor guys. They tried to blame it on me by saying I might have hit something which would have resulted in the glass to come out. Clearly that was not the case as they were not able to find a single scratch around bumper which would have proved so. It was a clear case of manufacturing defect and I ensured they replace it under warranty. But for getting this done I had to escalate the matter to the showroom manager and it was not a good experience
  2. Harmon Kardon had a tendency to hang, especially when songs being played with Bluetooth connectivity. This was not very frequent issue but use to happen randomly. To restart the system I had to completely switch the car off, take the keys out and then start again. A software reset by the Aadya Guys have taken care of this and it has not happened after that
  3. I broke the loading hump plastic guard of the boot, while unloading a heavy luggage. Basically the clips holding the plastic cover broke off as I tried to pull the luggage and it got stuck to the plastic panel. A better design from Tata could have taken care of this. Any case Aadya guys replaced the clips without any charge on an ad-hoc visit to the showroom. I have to take extra care when I am dealing with heavy luggage in future

First Service Experience

I did the first service with KHT motors as I was bit pissed off with Aadya Motors, because of the Fog lamp incident. It was smooth. The service included top up of all fluids, re-fixing of the fog lamp plastic assembly, as it was not fitted properly by the Aadya guys when they changed the fog lamp under warranty. Nothing was charged as part of first service

Only disappointment was, when I went to take the delivery of the car, the car was standing outside in an uncovered area. It had rained just before an hour and a little dust had settled on car surface. They tried to deliver the car in same state. I had to give them a sarcastic comment to ensure they clean up the car surface before delivering it to me

Overall TATA the nightmare car maker has provided me a great product. I got number of calls from Tata motors asking me about my feedback on service, buying experience and any issues I am facing with the car. The latest Odometer reading shows 6800 Kms, and touchwood the ownership experience has been really good till now. I will be updating this thread on time to time basis based on my further ownership experience. Let me know if any of the members here has any questions and I will try to answer

Cheers!
Abhi

Some closing snaps
View attachment 182882
Best Angle to look at bolt
View attachment 182887
View attachment 182896
Nut's favourite pic of his bolt [clap]
View attachment 182897
Amazing and precise review:)

What all accessories you added till now
Have you checked the body kit as I liked it very much when I encountered one Bolt in Delhi and it looked stunner.

Members: any Idea about the pricing of body kit?

Regards

Akash
May be that's the reason of low sales... As it makes Zest more VFM in front of Zest.

Why Tata Why... Again biggest goof up. When you know it's a redesigned Vista with same shape and less powered engine than Zest with very less price diffrence and now missing features like projectors??

Tata....Gimme good reasons to opt for Bolt ditching --

Grand i10 (amazing interiors and quality)

or Swift (best resale value and amazing ASS)

or now Figo (power figure and fresh mature design and the most important safety features(maybe on top variant))

Please bring some more bling to Bolt ... May be Bolt sports with extra ordinary power figures and give Bolt brand a much needed pull.

Everytime Tata disappoint us with wrong planning

Last edited by a moderator:
Was waiting for a honest review on Bolt.Happy to see it from a fellow Bangalorean.Neatly done.Will be waiting for much more info from you, on longer ownership .

Thread Starter #15
Amazing and precise review:)

What all accessories you added till now
Have you checked the body kit as I liked it very much when I encountered one Bolt in Delhi and it looked stunner.

Members: any Idea about the pricing of body kit?

May be that's the reason of low sales... As it makes Zest more VFM in front of Zest.

Why Tata Why... Again biggest goof up. When you know it's a redesigned Vista with same shape and less powered engine than Zest with very less price diffrence and now missing features like projectors??

Tata....Gimme good reasons to opt for Bolt ditching --

Grand i10 (amazing interiors and quality)

or Swift (best resale value and amazing ASS)

or now Figo (power figure and fresh mature design and the most important safety features(maybe on top variant))

Please bring some more bling to Bolt ... May be Bolt sports with extra ordinary power figures and give Bolt brand a much needed pull.

Everytime Tata disappoint us with wrong planning
I didn't go for any accessories yet. Have plans for a dashcam though. The body kit looks good but affect the aproach angles in the front. This car will be serving me for upcoming Spiti Valley trip and North East India trip and I don't want to change anything to affect the ground clearance. In fact planning to upgrade to 15 inch wheels for that additional clearance

Also, I think Tata was already anticipating low numbers for Bolt and that is why this step motherly treatment. They thought whatever 400-500 units they will sell, the better margins can be used to fund the low margins they are earning for ZEST [:D]

Top Bottom