RAZZO: Hyundai Elite i20 Sportz (Diesel) Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
I have been trying to pen down my ownership review for my new acquisition, Elite i20 Sportz – Diesel or RAZZO (That’s an Italian word for Rocket), Why rocket? Well i20 is definitely a small diesel rocket, just push the accelerator and it will ask for more and more.
Well I am not that great of a writer but I’ll try to give my best here and cover everything that I can. I have divided my ownership review in different parts for a better reading perspective.

How all this began:
I was happy driving my XUV AKA DRACO with a niggle free ownership and satisfied with the FE of 12 kmpl in City and 14-16 on highways but my daily running started increasing from march onwards but I really didn’t paid that much of attention to it and work kept me busy. My XUV went for its 70K service in August and that was the time when I realized that my XUV has done over 70K kms and it’s not even 3 years since we bought it. And I calculated my monthly running which came upto 2000-2200 kms a month. And I have planned to keep the XUV for atleast 5 years. So if I keep driving the XUV then it will be almost 1.5L kms plus with this rate at the end of 5 years and will give me low resale with that amount of kms on the ODO and more fuel cost for me per month.

Secondly I had bought a used Octavia last year in March for my local running with the intention to switch cars for my daily usage and I always wanted to buy one as I was a big fan of this beast. I got a good deal and bought a 2005 1.9Tdi Rider model. But my parents and brother loved it so much that I used to hardly get my hands on it.  Then wedding bells rang for me this year in February hence Octavia was used extensively. But I had to sale it off due to the NGT ban stuff and again got a very good and mouth watering offer and I gave away the Octavia after using it for almost 1.4 years and we did almost 18-20 K kms in that period.

Now we were left with 2 cars in the garage (Eon and XUV) and again short of 1 car which will be used for highway trips and should be diesel. On the other hand since my usage had increased we definitely needed a diesel workhorse.

Which Car to buy:
Now the most difficult and confusing question was which car? We were left with Eon and XUV, I was using the XUV and EON was my dad’s ride for city purpose back home but we need another car for highway purpose as they regularly come to Gurgaon. So should we buy a Sedan, SUV or a hatch. On the other hand keeping my monthly running in mind, why not go for an option which solves both the problems. Hence we decided to go for a Hatch and send XUV back home to my parents and we fixed a budget of 9 Lacs OTR for our new car.

Contenders:
Now the options that we shortlisted were as following:
- Swift ZDi
- Polo Highline
- Elite i20 Sportz
- Honda Jazz
- Punto
- Dzire
- Figo Aspire

TD Report:
Swift: It’s a real fun to drive hatch with really nice pickup, it feels as if you just have to touch the accelerator and it will just run like a horse. Front seats are wide and the leg room is decent for a hatch while the rear seats and leg room are ok-ok for my liking but definitely better than polo. Interiors look nice but somehow it gives a feeling of decent cost cutting.
Polo: It was the best car of all when comes to drivability. I really loved that grunt and the suspension. The way it goes through pot holes and the stability is very good. Somehow I felt that the space management is really poor in this car. Front row leg room is okay but the second row leg room is too cramped and the boot is too huge but for the cost of rear leg room. They could have managed it in a way where they could have reduced the boot little bit and increase the rear leg room.
Honda Jazz: The engine was refined but it’s on a louder side and engine noise is easily audible in the cabin and does not match with the i20. Also I felt that the Jazz suspension is stiffer but the cabin felt roomy and really liked the ODO with blue light. But the pricing is on the higher side too hence we dropped the Jazz.
Punto: I have driven my cousin’s Punto which he bought 2 months back and the car does feel solid and very stable but the interiors didn’t appeal me and the Fiat ASS plus the lower resale value kept me away from this car.
Dzire/Aspire: Well to keep it short both the ladies in the home were against these sub 4 meter sedan thing and straight away said NO. So Happy Wife happy life.:-).
Elite i20: Where do I start with, the looks are stunning and the interior is just awesome and very well laid out. Also the great part is the 6 speed gear box plus the overall space is very well organized which results in decent space in the first and second row with good amount of boot space as well. Drive-ability of this car is really good with superb handling. The steering feels more alive as compared to previous gen i20. Everyone liked the i20 from each aspect after taking couple of TD’s. So after struggling with choices and lot of confusion we finally made the choice and decided to go with i20 Sportz.

Booking and Delivery:
We booked the car on 7th September at Dee Emm Hyundai, Gurgaon with Rs 10000/- Actually my cousin took delivery of his Creta AT that day. So I had accompanied him and booked the car and they promised to deliver the car on 14th September. And I was happy because I was getting the delivery within a week. So I had one week for getting all the formalities done and my loan processed. And everything went smooth and Bank gave me the DD on 14th morning and I reached Dee Emm Hyundai around 3:30 PM with my family and took the delivery around 4:30 PM. The delivery ceremony was done in a nice manner with some music and pack of cookies. The ODO stood at 11 kms at the time of delivery. We headed to a fuel bunk and got the tank full and then straight away to temple to get the blessings from almighty god.

Price/Freebies/Discounts:

Ex-Showroom: Rs. 754258/-
HSRP Charges: Rs 365/-
Zero Dep Insurance: Rs 23230/-
Handling Charges: Rs 6990/-
OTR: Rs 846584/-

Pre Booking Quotation:
Ex-Showroom: Rs. 754258/-
HSRP Charges: Rs 365/-
Zero Dep Insurance: Rs 28844/-
Handling Charges: Rs 6990/-
Essential Kit: Rs 1500/- (Perfume, Divinity, mud flaps and mats).
OTR: Rs 855198/-

Discounts: Got the Essential kit for free (Perfume, Divinity and mud flaps). Didn’t opt for the mats as I had planned to get them from aftermarket. Got the zero dep insurance for the price of regular one. Than another RS 1500/- off after some more negotiations. And then I got them to make that OTR amount to a round figure to Rs 846000/-. So overall I was able to get Rs 9198/- as discount from them.
Freebies: 4 liter diesel coupon.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
Re: RAZZO - Hyundai Elite i20 Sportz (Diesel) - Ownership review

Now let's talk about the car and what I have experienced so far:
Engine, Drivetrain and Ride:
The engine is quite powerful for the size of the car and is extremely refined, so much that when the car is idle you can’t even make out sometimes whether the engine is On or Off. There is little bit of lag in 1st and 2nd gear but once you get used to it you won’t have any problem, or maybe it is just me since I drive the XUV. City driving is really fun and easy for which I would thank the awesome power and torque. While driving on highways you never feel that the car is running out of power. Also the gear shifts are very smooth and you don’t need to change gears frequently in traffic.

Braking: I miss the rear discs, it’s not that the braking is bad but I have been driving a car with disc brake all over since last 2.5 years so definitely I feel the difference. Besides that I find the brakes spot on and ABS does make the barking more powerful.

Suspension and Ride Quality: The ride is pretty smooth as the suspension is not bouncy and goes over pot holes without making lot of sound. Also the car feels planted at high speeds. I have driven it over all sort of roads and RAZZO took it very well.

Overall design and Styling: I will be very honest in saying that I was sold at the looks of i20 compared to all other contenders. The design is appealing from all the angles and very stylish as well. Best part of the overall design is the front grill, taillights and the long hood. The ORVMs are of decent size and comes with integrated turn indicators.

Air Conditioner: The AC is a chiller and cools the overall cabin in no time with the help of rear AC vents which are very useful if you driving with all seats occupied.

Interior / Features: Once you step in the car it definitely gives you a special feeling, the center console is so nicely laid out. The auto diming IRVM is a great plus while driving in night. Automatic climate control, Bluetooth connectivity, streaming and the steering control makes the driving experience fun. Internally adjustable and foldable ORVM’s are a great plus and comes handy driving in dense traffic, also the audio system comes with 1 GB memory (800 MB something for use), speaker settings etc. I mean the list goes on and everything is within reach and most of the things you can access from the steering controls which you use on regular basis. It does not give you a small car feeling or shall I say a hatch kind of a feeling once you get in the cabin.

Space and Comfort: The seats are comfortable and after I got the seat covers (Autoform) installed it made the seats little bit more comfortable. Now talking about space, well this was one of the decision making factor. You have enough leg room in both the rows with ample of boot space for a weekend getaway. Also the seats are wide enough and the cabin feels roomy.

FE: So far RAZZO has already completed 2400 kms already in 24 days. And so far I have filled the tank 4 times and the FE I got was 17.0 kmpl, 16.8 Kmpl and 19.2 Kmpl and I am running on my fourth tank currently. I have used tank full to tank full method and these figures are with 100% AC. Third FE figures had a highway trip included to my hometown and city driving as well. So my guess is that if I go for a long trip i20 can easily give me 20 kmpl or more. So I am definitely satisfied with the FE so far.

- Interiors and more quality interiors
- Comfort and space
- Chilling AC
- Handling and matured ride quality.
- Height adjustable seats
- Decent space for 4 adults with 1 kid or maybe 3 adults too.
- Rear AC vents
Dislikes:
- No auto locking doors
- No DTE and range
- No boot light
- You cannot scroll your contacts or recent calls from the steering controls.
- You can’t pair your mobile if the vehicle is moving.

Congratulations Singh Saab, wish you many a safe miles , was awaiting this thread.

"Rajjo ke photos" ? Oops sorry razzo[:D]

Thread Starter #4

Congratulations Singh Saab, wish you many a safe miles , was awaiting this thread.

"Rajjo ke photos" ? Oops sorry razzo[:D]
Thanks bro for your wishes and pics will be up shortly, most probably by end of the day. I could have posted them earlier but I was down with viral. [sleep]

Singh Saab many many congrats.

I have this name 'Rajjo Rani' alloted (ya allotment type) to my Corolla and I derived this name from the movie 'Pyar ka panchnama' :biggrin:

That name itself made me click the title but first paragraph itself broke my heart.

Now post some good high quality pics of the RAZZO and wishing you many happy miles in this super refined beauty.

BTW Singh saab, I have a question:
Since the front center armrest is not adjustable so I personally found it near useless (its front ended behind my elbow) for my driving position. Any such observation at your end? I am 5'10.5' and I drive with seats around 60-70% pushed back on the rails. Instead the armrests of Corolla, City, Innova, XUV etc seems to be placed near perfect.

And Singh Saab take care of your health, the viral fever of these days easily worsens if slight carelessness is done (as per my doctor, I was also down around a fortnight back).

Last edited:

Congratulations Singh Saab The Great!!! But the post is incomplete without the pics of Rajjo Rani.. [;)]
Nwayz, first get well soon and then post some beautiful pics of your gorgeous Rajjo.. [:D]

^^Sirji doesn't that name ''Rajjo Rani' seems to be very near to the heart? :biggrin:
I can bet that Singh Saab is now looking for a gun and then will leave the home looking for me :lol!:

^^Sirji doesn't that name ''Rajjo Rani' seems to be very near to the heart?
I can bet that Singh Saab is now looking for a gun and then will leave the home looking for me
All thanks to "Pyaar Ka Punchnama!!!" sirji... :biggrin:
And I guess after finding you, he will be looking for me too, with the same gun... [lol]

Congrats for your RAZZO, one of the best looking hot hatch in India, But the report without picture was a bit incomplete, please share some snaps of your beauty. [clap]

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Singh Sahab Di Great![glasses]. May Razzo serve your desires efficiently and provide you with an extravagant experience here on. Lets have some shots of you and Razzo together. Wise choice I would say and wishing you all the best buddy. Any modifications you are planning?

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #13
Singh Saab many many congrats.

I have this name 'Rajjo Rani' alloted (ya allotment type) to my Corolla and I derived this name from the movie 'Pyar ka panchnama'
That name itself made me click the title but first paragraph itself broke my heart.
Now post some good high quality pics of the RAZZO and wishing you many happy miles in this super refined beauty.
LOL..Thanks for your wishes bro.

BTW Singh saab, I have a question:
Since the front center armrest is not adjustable so I personally found it near useless (its front ended behind my elbow) for my driving position. Any such observation at your end? I am 5'10.5' and I drive with seats around 60-70% pushed back on the rails. Instead the armrests of Corolla, City, Innova, XUV etc seems to be placed near perfect.
In my case front armrest is not that big of an issue and I have been utilizing it on daily basis, though it is not that comfortable as it was in my XUV but not that bad either. Instead I miss the right arm support more.
And Singh Saab take care of your health, the viral fever of these days easily worsens if slight carelessness is done (as per my doctor, I was also down around a fortnight back).
Thanks for your concern bro and pics will be up in few mins.

Congratulations Singh Saab The Great!!! But the post is incomplete without the pics of Rajjo Rani..
Nwayz, first get well soon and then post some beautiful pics of your gorgeous Rajjo..
Thanks bro for your warm wishes and pics coming right up.
^^Sirji doesn't that name ''Rajjo Rani' seems to be very near to the heart?
I can bet that Singh Saab is now looking for a gun and then will leave the home looking for me
All thanks to "Pyaar Ka Punchnama!!!" sirji...
And I guess after finding you, he will be looking for me too, with the same gun...
I know where you both are going with this.. lol. Remember that 5 min speech [lol]

Congrats on your new car, but the post would have more colorful with your car pics.
Thanks buddy, pics coming up shortly.

Congrats for your RAZZO, one of the best looking hot hatch in India, But the report without picture was a bit incomplete, please share some snaps of your beauty. [clap]
Thanks buddy.

Singh Sahab Di Great![glasses]. May Razzo serve your desires efficiently and provide you with an extravagant experience here on. Lets have some shots of you and Razzo together. Wise choice I would say and wishing you all the best buddy. Any modifications you are planning?
Regards
Akash
Thanks buddy for your kind and warm wishes and pictures coming right now in next post.

Hi,
Congratulations on your new Elite i20. Hope it delight you as expected.
Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.
Thanks buddy. And yes it did delight me and loving the FE figures.

Thread Starter #14
To start with
1.JPG
Taken after we had visited the temple and came back home
2.JPG
Some random pics
3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG
Love the design of tail lights.
7.JPG
Rear Defogger, spoiler and one thing which kills the look is the big antenna, could have worked a bit on that or atleast provide a smaller one in size.
8.JPG
Rear view camera and that space right there is to open the boot.
9.JPG
Front grill and it comes with chrome outer which really makes it look cool.
10.JPG
Headlight bulb and the parking bulb
11.JPG
Indicator nicely designed and very well aligned with the headlamp.
12.JPG
Fog light which is far better than my XUV.
13.JPG
ORVM's come with turn indicators, another thing where Hyundai gets full points from me. really love the sleek design of the indicator.
14.JPG
Stock wheels with rims. Tire size was 185/70/14
15.JPG
Here comes the alloys with Yokohama Earth 1 with tire size 195/60/15
16.JPG
Rear tire with alloy and yes got the pads and drum painted red during tire change.
17.JPG
Decent ground clearance.
18.JPG
Got the chrome window packing
19.JPG

20.JPG

Thread Starter #15
Got the B pillars wrapped in gloss stuff.
21.JPG
Door handle chrome from after market
22.JPG
Rear reflectors and reverse light
23.JPG
fuel door
24.JPG
Rear bumper protection in chrome from after market
25.JPG
Front bumper protection
26.JPG
C pillars again wrapped in gloss
27.JPG
Got that chrome sil for the boot with reflectors from after market store. Saw this stuff at the dealership and liked it very much and luckily got one as well.
28.JPG

29.JPG

30.JPG

32.JPG

33.JPG

34.JPG

35.JPG
Razzo looked like this before getting accessories and alloys from side
36.JPG
And after getting accessorized..[thumbsup]
37.JPG

38.JPG