My 2nd Love: Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZDi

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

This is my first post/thread/note on this site .This is about my 2nd love Ertiga ZDI G.Grey (1st was Alto Lxi 2009-now sold ).

Bought the Ertiga ZDI from Mysore Friendly motors on Nov 2014 (1st love was also from same place)

Had lot of plans but could not get it done before delivery (like changing tyre to Michelin tyres ,head light upgrade ) which was not done due to time /labour issue .

Bought it on Nov 1st and mod`s/changes are below ,Not sure on the invoice break up as i signed on the doc`s + sale letter for alto and came back to Bangalore ,sales manager Kishan made sure all is taken care without any problems but got it on a good deal

From Dealer-
-Seat-covers -8500/-
-Side beading-1250/-
-Rain visor on all 4 doors -1250/-
-3M under coating -4000/-
-Kenwood DDX4033 from dealer-20000/-
-Hella Red grill( from my 1st love) + hella relay (as the stock which come with ZDI was not giving the proper output
-bought 3M kind of mats from local shop got it cut from dealer -2000/-
-Floor laminate mats 2750/-

From evo blr(satya)
-headlight upgrade to 90/130w osram +hella relay kit -1500/-
-Cerwin vega comp`s + co-axial +JBL sub and enclosure + sony 600w 4 channel amp + cabling (Few parts from first love alto as i had informed satya am upgrading to ertiga ) Total cost for audio -close to 50000/-
-Charger - price not sure forgot (approx 200- 250 )
-Satya`s tuning - Priceless [:)]

-steering cover from imperial leathers bangalore-500/--VFM
-Hella 4000 pencil -20000/- + some additional charges close to 2000/- for labour ,paint etc- reviews with pics on next post .....
-Flood light /bar led light 3500/- + 700/- installation (damage on bumper grill [anger])
-Arm rest -1500/- (Removed as it was making noise )
-3M body polish (some protect not sure )2000/- from 3M
-led parking lights -200/-
-Head Light alignment(near BTM lake road ) - 250/- worth it

==================================
+ve To tell in Simple lines
- Its a highway runner and not a Bangalore/Mysore city rider
-Mileage - I normally don't check (as i cant keep tab on these things )
-comfort -front and middle row is heaven with seat pushed back (with 7 ppl on board it gives decent space and ride comfort )

-Ve`s -

-Seat rattling (temp fix by tightening the bolts on every visit to service center )
-Middle row ac rattling ( Fixed as per the maruti`s advisory to use foam )
-Wind cutting noise from the front panels (They are still doing R & D on my love -even after i showed them the TAI and team bhp`s reviews )
-on any speed breaker(even with 10kmph ..that too inside the GR tech park so many speed breakers ) the sub box jumps and makes noise

========
problems faced
-Right side driver door damaged when i was waiting in signal (TN-Coimbatore) -its autowala`s mistake (local`s saw the car reg no as KA and they said its my mistake where in bus drivers and other locals supported me ,still could not fight back )
-Right side mirror replacement - again autowala in sarjapur road came to left (i was in left lane -auto in middle lane) he said sorry ...was close to 70 years i said its fine (no other options )

-For the above door replacement gave the car to friendly motors and they screwed the painting of the new door and the right side glossy look got some rough paint layer (which i escalated to maruti and they have agreed to fix in next service )

Regards ,
J

Last edited:
Re: My 2nd love

Hi All,

This is my first post/thread/note on this site .This is about my 2nd love Ertiga ZDI G.Grey (1st was Alto Lxi 2009-now sold ).

Bought the Ertiga ZDI from Mysore Friendly motors on Nov 2014 (1st love was also from same place)

Had lot of plans but could not get it done before delivery (like changing tyre to Michelin tyres ,head light upgrade ) which was not done due to time /labour issue .

Bought it on Nov 1st and mod`s/changes are below ,Not sure on the invoice break up as i signed on the doc`s + sale letter for alto and came back to Bangalore ,sales manager Kishan made sure all is taken care without any problems but got it on a good deal

From Dealer-
-Seat-covers -8500/-
-Side beading-1250/-
-Rain visor on all 4 doors -1250/-
-3M under coating -4000/-
-Kenwood DDX4033 from dealer-20000/-
-Hella Red grill( from my 1st love) + hella relay (as the stock which come with ZDI was not giving the proper output
-bought 3M kind of mats from local shop got it cut from dealer -2000/-
-Floor laminate mats 2750/-

From evo blr(satya)
-headlight upgrade to 90/130w osram +hella relay kit -1500/-
-Cerwin vega comp`s + co-axial +JBL sub and enclosure + sony 600w 4 channel amp + cabling (Few parts from first love alto as i had informed satya am upgrading to ertiga ) Total cost for audio -close to 50000/-
-Charger - price not sure forgot (approx 200- 250 )
-Satya`s tuning - Priceless [:)]

-steering cover from imperial leathers bangalore-500/--VFM
-Hella 4000 pencil -20000/- + some additional charges close to 2000/- for labour ,paint etc- reviews with pics on next post .....
-Flood light /bar led light 3500/- + 700/- installation (damage on bumper grill [anger])
-Arm rest -1500/- (Removed as it was making noise )
-3M body polish (some protect not sure )2000/- from 3M
-led parking lights -200/-
-Head Light alignment(near BTM lake road ) - 250/- worth it

==================================
+ve To tell in Simple lines
- Its a highway runner and not a Bangalore/Mysore city rider
-Mileage - I normally don't check (as i cant keep tab on these things )
-comfort -front and middle row is heaven with seat pushed back (with 7 ppl on board it gives decent space and ride comfort )

-Ve`s -

-Seat rattling (temp fix by tightening the bolts on every visit to service center )
-Middle row ac rattling ( Fixed as per the maruti`s advisory to use foam )
-Wind cutting noise from the front panels (They are still doing R & D on my love -even after i showed them the TAI and team bhp`s reviews )
-on any speed breaker(even with 10kmph ..that too inside the GR tech park so many speed breakers ) the sub box jumps and makes noise

========
problems faced
-Right side driver door damaged when i was waiting in signal (TN-Coimbatore) -its autowala`s mistake (local`s saw the car reg no as KA and they said its my mistake where in bus drivers and other locals supported me ,still could not fight back )
-Right side mirror replacement - again autowala in sarjapur road came to left (i was in left lane -auto in middle lane) he said sorry ...was close to 70 years i said its fine (no other options )

-For the above door replacement gave the car to friendly motors and they screwed the painting of the new door and the right side glossy look got some rough paint layer (which i escalated to maruti and they have agreed to fix in next service )

ooffff ...the above was in simple words ...if any lovers want more details on any of the above ..............am happy to share more details .

Finally my first post/thread/note is complete (sorry if i have made some mistakes )

Regards ,
J
Congo! Pictures please.

Hi,
Congratulations on your Maruti Suzuki Ertiga. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.
Post some more image of exterior and interior.

Top Bottom