My Browny - Dignity Brown Maruti Suzuki Ciaz ZXI

Thread Starter #1
The story began at the May of this year (2015) when I finally decided to buy my first car exchanging my dad’s 6 years old Hyundai I20 Petrol.

The First question: This time Petrol or Diesel?? I would be making a yearly run of 10K K.Ms including occasional weekend trips and city ride. All the calculators and spreadsheets suggested that Petrol is the best choice for me. I took note and decided “PETROL” was my choice though I was always in favor of petrol.

Next was budget: I was rigid about it around the range of 10Lac and also wanted a premium sedan or proper SUV (no crossovers).
During the course I was continuously referring to TAI threads and there were multiple threads referring to the similar situation as that of mine and hence refrained from posting a new thread.

Expectations from Car:
Me: Good steering feedback, nice fit and finish, all bells and whistles, Good Interior Space for 5 Indian sized person and big boot space, low maintenance and good ASS. GOOD VALUE FOR MY DAD’s 6 YEARS OLD PETROL I20.
Better Half: Looks, Descent looking interiors, steering mounted controls (just because it looks nice), chilling AC.

Selection and Cars considered:
Honda CITY i-vtech V: Both of us were in love with this car and by the time I made my mind prices of the V variant of petrol (10.68 lac) was out of my budget. And I am not happy with just the car no safety features and bells and whistles. Most importantly the value for my old I20 was priced as 1.8 lac!! A big disappointment. With a heavy heart I have to omit CITY from the list.
HYUNDAI VERNA S(O): I was following it closely on TAI especially after the 4S Verna was launched in India. Only the 1.4L petrol was within my budget but it missed on important safety features and others. I really missed the CX model of the 2014 Verna, I even enquired about old stock but with no luck. Landed up in the showroom I was given a VIP treatment as I was already 6 years old customer. I had liked the seating position in the car, interiors and the premium sedan feel much like my old I20 but the steering still feels soft and lacks feedback much to my old I20 though it was a great improvement over 2011 Fluidic Verna. Was even ready to stretch budget for it.
But dealership did not offer me a good price for my old I20 (even though it was from same makers) 2.2 lac. It was really sad on Hyundai’s part to miss on old customers when they are upgrading their cars, I thought I would have got the best price of the old car. 4S VERNA omitted from the list.
HYUNDAI CRETA SX+: I was intact waiting for the car’s launch and was in the showroom as soon as the car was in the showroom. I big disappointment again pricing of the car was almost a lac more than what me and other fellow member even the showroom guys expected. It was really a bad miss by Hyundai. Moreover price of the old car went down to 2.0 lac as it didn’t have any exchange offer being a new launch. CRETA omitted from the list.
MARUTI SUZUKI CIAZ ZXI: Suddenly on TAI read about Ciaz ownership review and was mighty impressed specially car coming from Maruti Suzuki. Most importantly all female members MOM and BETTER HALF liked the car like anything specially after hearing it’s an offering from MARUTI (peace in mind factor). Had meet SA from Maruti Suzuki Showroom in my office campus as there was 2 showroom nearby, one in my city and other 40 K.Ms fr
om my home. I had conversation with both SA from different dealers and finalized one of them (which was 40 K.Ms away from home) as they provided best value for my old car (2.8 lac) and I was happy with it. The car was like really specious (much more than City and Verna), interiors quality was excellent and loaded with gizmos in the top end model which was in my budget. I omitted ZXI+ variant as I didn’t feel worth paying 60K (ex-showroom) for AVN, few chromes and 16 inch alloys. CIAZ finalized.
Had a test drive from each dealers and it was better in handling and ride quality than the 4S Verna each time getting more impressed. I needed some expert opinions on this but the TAI review was not coming up. Had one more test drives of the petrol car from 1st dealerships and it was good enough for me. Meanwhile CAR SHOWs rated this car a big success and game changer from Maruti Suzuki.
On 17th July 2015 I was sure that I am buying it and booked the car with a Rs. 5K. I and my better half rushed to the showrooms to check-out the colors. DIGNITY BROWN and PEARL SANGRIA RED were my contenders.
Though I stay and will be driving in Durgapur, West Bengal, I had decided to buy it from other city Asansol, West Bengal (40 K.Ms away from home). Called and checked with the dealer regarding availability. He had both colors ZXI+ model and promised me delivery on any date I want. We finalized on DIGNITY BROWN.

D DAY:
Went to his showroom on 21st August 2015 and checked the vehicle, It was in display and he had separate demo cars. Found no signs of having driven this display vehicle (ODO – 7 K.Ms). I was getting the color of my choice and delivery on my required date. I was very happy with behaviors of SA of Maruti Suzuki.
Since I had leave planned for 21st August and hence asked for delivery then. On 21st morning I and my father were taken to the showroom by the SA. I told them not keep the vehicle ready for delivery as I wanted to see each and every thing in front of me. Completed bank paperwork and loan formalities 15 days earlier. Car was being washed and made ready inform of me and all showroom paper works were also done. I bought floor mats and steering cover and dealer provided me with all black with silver piping art leather seat cover. The Dealer arranged a small celebration as I was youngest customer for Ciaz from their showroom. They also decorated the car well, they made us feel special.
As the dealership is 40K.Ms away from my home so had a chance to drive it 40 K.Ms out of the showroom to home. Subsequently in next 3 days driven more than 200K.Ms. Total 600+ K.Ms in a month. It’s become too long hence will keep sharing my experiences in further posts with feedback from other members.

PHOTOS:

Ever loved I20
5 years5.jpg

My Browny
Exterior:
Ciaz (8).jpg

Ciaz (9).jpg

Ciaz (10).JPG

Ciaz (11).JPG

Ciaz (12).JPG

Ciaz (3).JPG

Interior:
Ciaz (7).jpg

Ciaz (13).JPG

Ciaz (15).JPG

Ciaz (14).JPG

Ciaz (16).JPG

Ciaz (17).JPG

Ciaz (2).JPG

Small Celebration:
Ciaz (18).JPG

THE PUJA Ceremony:
Ciaz (19).JPG

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
congratulations on the brownie!
very cute name. wish you many Happy miles on your wheels.
Congrats on your Cool Ciaz![clap]
Looks great in that color. Wishing thousands of Blissful miles!
Hi,
Congratulations on your new Maruti Suzuki Ciaz. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.
Congratulations for the lovely Car !!
Thanks Ambylovers, Bhaumik358, bhvm and DJ bro for the wish and wonderful words.

Congratulations on your new ciaz, wishing you long miles ahead .

Do keep us updated.

As its a Maruti , my experience of being driven 2 maruti's Wagon r and swift (At present), if you have any queries related to Suzuki petrol service , you can ask me,if its beyond my knowledge i will ask and say .

Thread Starter #12
Congratulations on your new ciaz, wishing you long miles ahead .

Do keep us updated.
Thanks. Sure I will keep posted on the details of the car.

As its a Maruti , my experience of being driven 2 maruti's Wagon r and swift (At present), if you have any queries related to Suzuki petrol service , you can ask me,if its beyond my knowledge i will ask and say .
Thanks, nice to know that I will ping you when ever I need help.

Congratulation's on your new ride.

Wish you many Happy Mile's ahead [clap]
Thanks.

Congratulations on your new ciaz mate .
Happy mile munching[:)]
Thanks.

Congrats , Brown looks awesome
Seat covers are also cool [clap]
Thanks and yes I felt black would suit the car better than Beige. Also got the same cover for handrest .

Congrats man on lovely car and choosing a lovely color, hows the car performing. Do keep us posted.
Thanks sure I will.

Thread Starter #13
Hi,
Few updates:
Vishwakarma Puja:
Puja rituals were all done by me and established GOD idols in the car (taken from old Car).
20150918_083658.jpg

Blacked out the whole B-Pillar:
20150922_172748.jpg

LED (28SDM) parking lights (bought from Ebay):
20150922_172704.jpg

20150922_172726.jpg

20150922_172733.jpg

Grass mat for the whole floor:
20150922_172812.jpg
20150922_172827.jpg

Sorry for the pictures. It's raining like cats and dogs for last 1 week.

Completed 1st Free servicing ODO - Just 400 K.Ms as I am unable to use the car as RTO formalities were not done till last Saturday.

Found a big problem after a months experience:
There is no signal for trunk Lid cover open. It happened with me twice. The lid was open and I kept driving until fellow drivers pointed me the same. More importantly the central locking worked fine even with the trunk lid open. I big miss by MSIL. Has anyone else faced same issue.

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
1.oh the ciaz lights always have me fooled. they look like havinf LED DRL inbuilt. but a closer look says that it's just chrome and all lamps including parking lights are incandescent!

2. Man I would advice you to remove that grass type mat, Atleast for driver. sometimes the shoes get caught in design and can cause accidents! beware.

Thread Starter #15
1.oh the ciaz lights always have me fooled. they look like havinf LED DRL inbuilt. but a closer look says that it's just chrome and all lamps including parking lights are incandescent!
2. Man I would advice you to remove that grass type mat, Atleast for driver. sometimes the shoes get caught in design and can cause accidents! beware.
1. True I agree, that was my initial thought when I first saw the car. The LED bulb makes high beam section look like DRL and looks excellent. I will post a night picture.
2. Yes I was facing some issues with mat, got it cut in few portion for the driver side and it's good now. I am used to these grass mats as I had them in my old car but with different colors.

Last edited:

Top Bottom