Royal Enfield Classic 350 Ownership Review: Made Like a Gun

Thread Starter #1
Hi everyone,

This is my first ever ownership review in this forum so if there is any mistake in my review please feel free to share it.

My previous ride
My previous ride was a 2009 CBZ Extreme in which i learned to drive a two wheeler making the most adorable rides till now for me. And my CBZ Xtreme was the first ever vehicle which made me to be amazed of its styling rather than the engine, but still the engine has the low end torque which is enough to tackle quick overtakes within a short period of time. But still it is one of my best ride moments till now. But as days passed i thought i will be in need of a more powerful bike.
So started to search for a perfect bike in the market for me. Below were the researches done by me before buying my Royal Enfield Classic 350.

Bikes Considered/ Test driven Bikes:

1. 2014 Hero Karizma R:

a. The engine pickup, has more torque enough for daily bumper to bumper traffic.
b. I liked the twin headlights, Integrated Pilot lamps and LED tail lights
c. Side stand indicator - Which is a necessary one when considering safety.
d. Smooth engine.
e. Makes Heads to turn - While on the Testdrive it made a lot of people to turn.
f. Cheaply priced faired 250cc sports bike.
g. Wide tyres - Which makes the bike to hug the roads and eliminates most of the potholes.
h. Less Maintenance when compared with any other 250cc bike.

Dislikes:
a. High Pillion Seating Position - This was the main reason which made me to reject.
b. Missing Gas Charged Suspension.
c. Hard Gearing.
d. Missing Kill Switch.

2. 2014 Hero Xtreme:

a. Handsome Looks - The pilot lamps, tail lamps and the headlights.
b. Cheaply priced with lots of features like engine immobilizer, Mobile charger, digital speedo.
c. Has more torque - For sudden overtakes, driving in city traffic.
d. Wider tyres and Gas charged suspension makes the bike to be stable/planted in the Tarmac.
e. Less Maintenance Expense.

Dislikes:
a. Same old engine.
b. Sometimes it lacks power.
c. Don't want another CBZ in my Garage.
d. Missing Kill Switch which is really an omission from Hero Side on an otherwise featuristic bike.

3. Thunderbird 350

a. The Blue lit digital and analog speedometers.
b. projector headlights with corona ring.
c. Double Disc.
d. 20 L Tank Capacity.
e. Able cruiser.
f. Kill Switch.
g. LED Tail light.
h. Torque on demand.
i. Gas Charged Suspension.

Dislikes:
a. Small Seat for pillion - Which made me to reject.
b. Stock exhausts didn't have that extra thump when compared with the Classic or other bullets.
c. Priced bit steeply.

4. Classic 350

b. Kill Switch.
c. Powerful Headlight.
d. Torque on demand.
e. Wide and lengthier pillion Seat.
f. Gas Charged Suspension soaks up many small unfinished patches on the road - the most comfortable ride which i have ever driven.
g. Less weight when compared with TB 350.
h. Inverted Front Shock Absorbers - Which feels more firmer and more stable at high speeds.
i. Ammeter - the most useful one for checking the battery.
j. Toe and heel shifting gear - Makes the ride more comfortable during bumper to bumper city rides.
k. Wide and Tall Tyres.

Dislikes:
a. Misses basic equipment like fuel meter, etc. - But then now i am more comfortable without the fuel meter.
b. Missing Rear Disc Brakes.
c. Heavy Fish tailing - When brakes are applied suddenly.

Buying Experience
I was more satisfied with the RE so went to G.G Motors which is in Simmakal (Madurai) to Testdrive the CL 350 but they couldn't get me a test drive of Classic 350 but they gave me the RE electra for a small test drive and that was the first time i got a chance to drive a bullet and i was almost toe shifting the gear during the test drive which was a practice from my CBZ, after the test drive we asked for the quotation and there wasn't proper/quick response from them so went to Classic Motors which is present on the way to Paravai (Madurai) and here i got a proper test drive of a Blue Classic 350 from them so got the quotation the same day and booked a Silver Classic 350. They said that the Silver Classic 350 would be arriving after 45-50 days of booking and on 01-12-2014 we went and checked the vehicle which was PDI checked and we took the delievery on 03-12-2014. And Now it has almost covered 2500 Kms till now with an overall Fuel Efficiency of 35 Kmpl.

Thank you for reading my ownership review.
Time for some pictures, more pictures will be posted later.

Attachments

Re: "Made like a Gun" Royal Enfield Classic 350 Ownership review.

Congrats on your silver beast, its raining Classic 350 on TAI, first Setu, now you.

all the best

vinod

@Nmmmitra congratulations on the buy. good to know that the classic gang on TAI is increasing as day passby. Silver is a good color very few people opt for it.

one question why have you gone for a powder coated crash gaurd and not a chrome crash guard.

only 2500 kms in 8 months. which means on an average 10 kms daily. why so less brother.
you need to go riding, to enjoy this beast.

anyways happy riding. hope you have a joyous and memorable ride on this beast.

Thread Starter #4

Congrats on your silver beast, its raining Classic 350 on TAI, first Setu, now you.

all the best

vinod
Thank you Vinod.

@Nmmmitra congratulations on the buy. good to know that the classic gang on TAI is increasing as day passby. Silver is a good color very few people opt for it.

one question why have you gone for a powder coated crash gaurd and not a chrome crash guard.

only 2500 kms in 8 months. which means on an average 10 kms daily. why so less brother.
you need to go riding, to enjoy this beast.

anyways happy riding. hope you have a joyous and memorable ride on this beast.
Thank you incarnation.

A Chrome crash guard is again a silver colour so opted for the powder coated crash guard so that it would be evident for the traffic nearby.

I am just using it for my daily college commutes and for other purpose i am using my CBZ. Anyway i will be going on long rides when i am fully confident in driving my Classic 350.

by the way just saw the pics once again i missed out on the number plate. quite a nice number were you lucky in getting this no or did u purchase this no.

There is a south meet that is happening on Aug - 21st check out the ride calender you will be able to see it.

the start point is Madurai and from there its a ride to Coorg, Madikeri Karnataka State. ending on 23 rd Aug and a total of 460 kms highway ride. that will be a good start to practise.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6

by the way just saw the pics once again i missed out on the numder plate. quite a nice number were you lucky in getting this no or did u purchase this no.
Waited for about 5 days after the date of delivery without getting it registered, as the people from the RTO said that there will be many VIP Numbers released after the series gets over, when the series (TN-58-AH) was about to over in that time we opted for two numbers from that list (TN-58-AH-2000 and TN-58-AH-7007) and atlast we got this number (TN-58-AH-7007) by paying Rs. 2000 as the other number was taken by someone so atlast it was by luck.

Thread Starter #7

incarnation
As per the Ride Calendar it suggests that the registrations are closed with about 272 participants.

My bad I hadn't checked that. Sorry about that however it would have been a good start to be in a club and ride with others that ways god forbid anything happens you will have company.

Thread Starter #9
Sorry everyone for posting the cost of my ride now.

Bike Costed me on-road : Rs. 1,34,857 and,

Accessories : Powder Coated Crash Guard Rs. 1,651 and Rs. 905 for other accessories like LH grab rail or hand hook, seat covers, cover for the pillion grab rail.

@nmmmitra i checked the ride calender today again and found that there were only 8 members registered so including the pic just for your reference. please go through, also there is a phone no in case you like to join the ride.

ride calender.png

nmmmitra,heartiest congratulations on your silver classic.Raining in here with classics ownerships.Wishing you many happy miles with it.Do wear the safety gears and drive safe.

Top Bottom