Royal Enfield Classic: White Tiger Comes Home Roaring

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

First of all, for the people those who have n't seen my thread here is the small introduction.

My passion/interest towards bullet started in 1994 when i started riding two wheelers.. I used to have m80 at that time and all my friends used to say that for my height and weight I should be in bullet not in such small bike.

But somehow the oppurtunity did n't araise.. i have changed various bikes after that but Bullet was just in my dreams. I used to force my son to have bullet (he is also well built and taller than me) but he was having passion towards some recent days modern bikes. Couple of months back he drove a bullet of his friends, and from that day he wanted bullet.

Recently he had scored very good marks in 12th standard. Thought of motivating him by getting a bullet for him (even though it is for him for some time till he his 18 I will driving it and he will be driving in and around only).

Myself was thinking of another bike since my current CT 100 is more than 65k on odo and 11 years old..

I enquired about the bullet and I was shown Standard 350CC (Rs.1.18L), Electra 350 (Rs. 1.32L) and Classic 350 CC (Rs.1.41L). Did n't want to look at Thunderbird and GT since both were very high for my budget.

Then on 28th May I have booked Standard 350 CC based on my financial commitments. I was told that I have to wait for 2 months. (at that time they said for classic I have to wait for 4-5 months). I discussed various things in TAI thru my previous thread and finally came to a conclusion that for a bullet, automatic start and front disc is must.

On 24th June changed the booking to Electra Magic Black 350CC.

In the both the models, I did n't like the single seat and rear light assemble.

On 26th June again changed the booking to Classic 350CC Ash (White). It looks like when my wife was talking to my son on bullet and came to know that he likes white color. So I booked it even though my choice was silver.

On 21st Morning I have got a call from dealer and asking me to make the payment (Already I had told them that am having ready cash and that could be one reason where I would have got it fastly). But I was on the way to Thirupathi. So next day morning on 22nd July 2015, I made the payment in full cash and requested delivery on 24th. But due to some online problem with RTO site the form itself was ready only on friday evening. The guy called me on Saturday morning to sign in the form. Due to office work i could n't. I went and signed all forms on Sunday. Finally on Monday morning around 11AM he called me and that the bike has gone for regisration. Around 1 he confirmed me that the bike is ready.

I said I will come and pick it up around 6PM. But raid palyed spoilsport on that day evening. it was raiing heavily. Then reached home by 6.20. Picked my wife in an auto and reached the showroom around 6.50. Made payment for front gaurd (Rs. 1800) and the bike was ready by 7.15.

Finally 24 years dream came true on 27th July 2015.

Happily drove the bike with my wife in pillion. Felt proud to drive the Tiger. And also felt very bad that I had to drive such a wonderful, white bike in muddy water and all on the first day itself.

Asked my son and daughter to come to the nearest temple in another bike and had small pooja.

Yesterday went to office in the new bike and felt awesome. Shared the news in office with lot of pride and joy.

First day experience

+ives
  1. Great experience first of all
  2. Very tall and gigantic.
  3. Everyone told me that this suits me very well (This is was everyone is telling from 1992 [;)])
  4. Thump sound is good
  5. Easy start (But always i am trying to kick start, which i was doing for past 11 years as soon as i got on the bike)
  6. Light is very powerful (CT100 has very poor lighting)
  7. 5 gears (never had a chance to **** upto 5th gear)

-ives
  1. Being first time riding this bullet am feeling more vibration and looks like my shoulders are paining
  2. Rear view mirror is not in comfort possition
  3. Rear view mirror is vibrating a lot and could not concentrate to see the rear side
  4. After paying an hefty amount, neck lock is not integrated with ignition (which am very much used to), cheap keys (For my son)
  5. odo is not visible in the night due to wrong light position
  6. in day time neutral and indicator lights are very dull
  7. seat could have little bit more spring action
  8. Finding neutral is very difficult. hope this comes by practice. my son is struggling a lot than me.

Might have some more points. will add it later when i come across those.

Now for photo time. Very less, but will add more soon.

IMG-20150728-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20150728-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20150728-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20150728-WA0004.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
Re: Finally White Tiger comes home with roaring..

Mods this is completed. pls move this to appropriate category.

Many many congratulations on your new ride! Wish you happy miles with your Tiger![cheers]

Congrats buddy. When I was age of 16 years old I started to play with my uncle's bullet near about 1989. At that time it was very hard for me to star it but slowly me and my cousin developed a method how to start it. Really I loved those early days of my biking. Now a days I always look back as bullet pass by me.

Congratulations Sethu Sir, this bullet suits you very well [;)]

Congrats to you and your family for your new ride Sethu sir. White tiger lopks great and that signature Royal Enfield thump will ensure that you get attention when you are riding on the road[clap]. Well I guess your son and I have almost the same taste. Even I used to like lots of modern day bikes but when I got a chance to ride the Thunderbird 350, my heart rang out that my first bike (have a scooter, Aviator) should be a Royal Enfield. Please do keep us updated and if you are in Madurai we should catch up sometime soon. Once again my hearty congratulations to you and your family for your White Tiger.

Thread Starter #9
Thank you all for your wishes.

Yes, its really great to ride this white gaint.

Today drove down to my friends place which is 13KM away from my house and felt like KING on the roads with that signature Thump Sound and its presence on the road.

Able to rouch 60KM/ph speed today and also able to tocuh the top gear, that is 5th gear only today. Somehow it was pulling in 60 without any difficulty (if it is my CT100, when i go in 60 I know the bike straining a lot, not complaining, just comparing). In one stretch the road was free and I was just riding in the speed what it comes, but When I noted the Speedometer, it was in 70. My god, I myself did n't know that I was going in 70. Immediately I remember the instruction given by the dealer, that till 500 kms do not cross 60 and till 2000 do not cross 70.

With heavy heart, came down to 60.

When I was going in 60, do not find any vibration. Felt very smooth. But still, the rear view mirror is not very comfort. Need to do something for that.

Hi,
Congratulations on your Royal Enfield Bullet Classic. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.
Dream came true after 24 years is a very touching words and you felt it which is awesome.

Heartiest congratulations Sethu, finally the wait comes over and your white tiger droves to home.Looks fantastic.Surely follow the instructions as it always gets tempted without noticing what speeds we are cruising.
Wish you many happy miles.

Hearty Congratulations. Wish you and your son will have great time ahead and trouble-free experience.

BTW, It's nice to know you didn't feel any vibration even at 60 KM Speed. Have they modified in their new versions? Here, my friend's RE Classic 350 produce vibrations even at 45 kms speed.

@ Iron Rock that was an apt song for the moment. sethuji the song really suits the situation. and yes the vibrations on the mirror will never go watever you do. but the vibration will reduce considerably after the run in period. and to find the neutral it takes a while but dont worry you will get used to it soon, as its only 2 days you find it hard. after a few days it will be a cake walk. once again congratulations.
i actually wanted to comment like SAROYA (TAI ger riding a Tiger) but he just read my mind i believe.Telepathy among brothers you see.

Top Bottom