Honda City V-Tec Ownership Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Welcome aboard everyone [:)]

I'm keeping this short and clean.

Was searching for a City that too the old Vtec since long time. Have came across many of them and was still confused about whether I should go for it or not.

Finally after a long 5-6 months of searching I've found the right vehicle !! This is how it looked when i got it. The indicators are tinted light orange,pretty much gives the retro look and the tail lights are tinted too.

The OE tires and alloys had gave up pretty well. So the first one on the list was tires.The owner was an enthusiast and he is moving to Singapore , a friend of mine and hence the deal. He was happy to give a pair of lowering springs and a set of alloys too was bought along. He was having a shop of this kind.

IMG_20150701_151515.jpg

IMG_20150701_151454.jpg

Bought Yokohama S Drive 205-50-15 that were ready to be shodded into the Rota Slipstream alloys [evil]

IMG_20150703_113642.jpg

IMG_20150703_125034.jpg

IMG_20150703_130421.jpg

That itself changed the whole looks of the car. Car was much better to be driven and was having a pretty good grip after the tire upgrade .

More Upgrades on the way Stay Tuned [:D]

Re: Honda City Vtec Ownership Review

Welcome aboard everyone [:)]

I'm keeping this short and clean.

Was searching for a City that too the old Vtec since long time. Have came across many of them and was still confused about whether I should go for it or not.

Finally after a long 5-6 months of searching I've found the right vehicle !! This is how it looked when i got it. The indicators are tinted light orange,pretty much gives the retro look and the tail lights are tinted too.

The OE tires and alloys had gave up pretty well. So the first one on the list was tires.The owner was an enthusiast and he is moving to Singapore , a friend of mine and hence the deal. He was happy to give a pair of lowering springs and a set of alloys too was bought along. He was having a shop of this kind.

View attachment 174480

View attachment 174481

Bought Yokohama S Drive 205-50-15 that were ready to be shodded into the Rota Slipstream alloys [evil]

View attachment 174482

View attachment 174483

View attachment 174484

That itself changed the whole looks of the car. Car was much better to be driven and was having a pretty good grip after the tire upgrade .

More Upgrades on the way Stay Tuned [:D]
Congrats on your purchase.
The 1st gen City is one of the few old cars which still has the ability to turn heads. It is such a beauty to look, feels like a 'car'.The car has got a modification friendly character. Please share the details about the driving experience, engine etc, if possible please have a comparison with the 4th gen in the above mentioned areas.

PS: Waiting for the lighting fast mile munching pictures

Great looking car. Congrats. What are the mods in the car ? Also how come it doesn't have a twin exhaust tip ? FFE ?

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Good Vishnu, the car looks in good shape. Vtec Honda City has an ageless design according to me and has got immense scope of modification. Good Examples of modified V-tecs can be seen in Kerala. I find the color quite sober and elegant. The original alloys as shown in first 2 pics resemble to the ones which came in older-gen Mercedes Benz.

Congrats dear![clap]

Regards

Akash

Congrats!

I find this purchase quite usual, as there has been a formula 'Keralite+car freak+petrol head+mod friendly=OHC' [cheers]

Looking forward for more updates and drool worthy pics.

Hi,
Congratulations on your Honda city. Wishes to clock many more miles without issue.
Hope you have lot of patience in searching a suited car.

Thread Starter #8
Congrats on your purchase.
The 1st gen City is one of the few old cars which still has the ability to turn heads. It is such a beauty to look, feels like a 'car'.The car has got a modification friendly character. Please share the details about the driving experience, engine etc, if possible please have a comparison with the 4th gen in the above mentioned areas.

PS: Waiting for the lighting fast mile munching pictures
Thank you.
It is one of the quickest car I've ever tried in this category. I have always felt a bit low on the handling though. Stock vehicle can do 100 in 2nd gear[evil].
The i-vtec version are more Eco tuned. This is just power !!
This won't be a mile munching car, will only be a weekend car.

Great looking car. Congrats. What are the mods in the car ? Also how come it doesn't have a twin exhaust tip ? FFE ?
Thank you . I have also wondered the same. I have seen may vtec's . Some have twin one's and some don't. I'm wondered too.

Car looks pretty hot Vishnu.Why not repaint for this car.Repainting this car gives you the fresh look.
Repainting is on the list. Will be doing around the time of re test.

Good Vishnu, the car looks in good shape. Vtec Honda City has an ageless design according to me and has got immense scope of modification. Good Examples of modified V-tecs can be seen in Kerala. I find the color quite sober and elegant. The original alloys as shown in first 2 pics resemble to the ones which came in older-gen Mercedes Benz.

Congrats dear!

Regards

Akash
Thankyou !

Congrats!

I find this purchase quite usual, as there has been a formula 'Keralite+car freak+petrol head+mod friendly=OHC'

Looking forward for more updates and drool worthy pics.
Haha check mate ! More pics and mod's on the way.

Hi,
Congratulations on your Honda city. Wishes to clock many more miles without issue.
Hope you have lot of patience in searching a suited car.
Thankyou .

Getting the dirt off. A full wash which was much needed. You can see the Mushroom Air filter being covered to prevent water penetration.

IMG_20150704_090442.jpg

IMG_20150704_090800.jpg

IMG_20150704_093533.jpg

Drool Drool !!

IMG_20150704_094111.jpg

In for getting the stock exhaust stripped off and a custom made Bhai Exhaust goes in. Vogtland Lowering Springs goes in too[evil]

IMG_20150704_120251.jpg

IMG_20150704_120856.jpg

IMG_20150704_121457.jpg

IMG_20150704_121453.jpg

The Final Look :cool: Seems like I'm in Love again ;)

IMG_20150704_114252.jpg

Thread Starter #10
sir ji updates sir free flow is awsome
Updates on the way, Since this would be a weekend car, I'll be spending less much time on this. Hence less updates.

Anyway the interiors are all ripped apart to get it cleaned up. It has tons of dust inside. I wonder how the previous owner was driving it.

Bought new set of component speakers for the city. Installation by the DIY guru @deville_56[:D]

Have to get it inspected by the Honda guys itself. Will be taking it to the service centre soon.[:)]

IMG_20150718_124104.jpg

IMG_20150718_124608.jpg

Thank you.
It is one of the quickest car I've ever tried in this category. I have always felt a bit low on the handling though. Stock vehicle can do 100 in 2nd gear[evil].
The i-vtec version are more Eco tuned. This is just power !!
This won't be a mile munching car, will only be a weekend car.

Thank you . I have also wondered the same. I have seen may vtec's . Some have twin one's and some don't. I'm wondered too.

Repainting is on the list. Will be doing around the time of re test.

Thankyou !

Haha check mate ! More pics and mod's on the way.

Thankyou .

Getting the dirt off. A full wash which was much needed. You can see the Mushroom Air filter being covered to prevent water penetration.

View attachment 175374

View attachment 175375

View attachment 175376

Drool Drool !!

View attachment 175377

In for getting the stock exhaust stripped off and a custom made Bhai Exhaust goes in. Vogtland Lowering Springs goes in too[evil]

View attachment 175378

View attachment 175379

View attachment 175380

View attachment 175381

The Final Look :cool: Seems like I'm in Love again ;)

View attachment 175382
Hot ride man, congrats. Hot rims, lowered, FFed what's next.

Thread Starter #12
Hot ride man, congrats. Hot rims, lowered, FFed what's next.
Thanks a lot mate :)

Lot of bigger plans in mind, currently lacking Vitamin M[lol] Works will be on progress step by step .

Minor Updates :

New Frame less wipers. Old Hella's was too hard and made so much sound on every single sweep.

Bought form Snapdeal for 299. These aftermarket cheap one's are really good when you change them twice every year . Worth every penny.[:)]

DSC07472.JPG

Changed the water jets to that of alto. Now I have 6 water outlets for the wiper.
Disadvantages ?? Well, Water reservoir drains like in 2-3 mins of continuous use.[lol]

DSC07473.JPG

DSC07474.JPG

A Clean sweep, after a long time.

DSC07475.JPG

DSC07476.JPG

Old Hella Frame less wipers. Wiper side rubber is very hard.

DSC07477.JPG

Thread Starter #15
Hey Vichu,

Your project car is out of embargo through TAI, Congrats for your Honda City mate. I am a bit jealous seeing things like this on a car BTW
Thank you Rakesh [:)]

Many more mods on the way[;)]

Hey great ride buddy :) wishing you many trouble free miles ahead !!!! indeed this car does have timeless design :D
Thank you akmalazin [:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom