This is my first thread and it has to be the ownership of our 6 years old Alto.
The car was bought in 2004 and the only other options we had in mind was M800. Why ? -- Budget was tight. Yes, a stage where we could only afford a micro car.
My dad is one super simple person and is satisfied with anything which "does the job". So we initially planned on the M800 AC. But decision was altered when we personally saw the Alto with just a few thousand more. We decided not to compromise. Honestly with 10bhp and a few Kmpl more this car was a better choice. But was it enough ?
No, nothing is enough according to human needs but satisfaction is a factor. We were satisfied and this car never let us down anywhere anytime.
Some information that will amaze you :
1. The car never had an accident (not even a minor one) in 6 years.
2. The first scratch came 5 days ago since the car was bought.
3. Only two things changed due to wear and tear are a pair of wiper blade and the first battery.
4. FE in city has been 17+ ever since (full tank method) and on highways the maximum FE was around 26kmpl. 22+ is a very common affair. (I am a lightfoot driver and never consider the roads of India as Paris Dakar or Le Mans
The cars has run less though. Around 55000km till date and I intend to keep it until it becomes a vintage. Why will I sell when there is no trouble ? Or there isnt a likelihood of getting into trouble ?
Being an enthusiast I have collected adequate knowledge to keep my car neat and perfect. I use quality Engine oils (API SJ when new and presently API SM oils). The spark plugs are NGK platinum ones. The air filter is stock and is replaced every 6000km or so. Thus my car is healthy inside and plain and simple out side. No modifications, stupid stickers, or fancy lights.
The cars is has been used more on highways as I and my dad both are travel bugs. When I drive the speed never crosses 70kmph. Before I learned to drive, it was chauffeur driven. But the driver was decent and the car was kept under proper care.
Ok, lots said. Now let pics do the talking.
1. Pioneer DEH 2950MP
2. JVC CSV414 100w 4'' speakers in front
3. Ultimate 6.5" round 200w 2 way speaker at back