My Hyundai Xcent S(O) VTVT - Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends..

This is my first review for my First Car the Brand New Hyundai Xcent S(o) Petrol.

Decision of buying Xcent

1. Cars selected to buy from:- Amaze, Swift, i20 (dropped the idea due to 4 months waiting) and Micra (I liked the car)

1. Amaze:- interior quality and features are not up to the mark. NVH levels are not good even.

2. Swift not so good suspension, i found. But loved the driving.

3. Micra:- Nissan's sales person dnt want to sell this car.

4. Punto, Polo, I found them overpriced (may be not interested in them too)

5. Xcent :- we found Xcent was put on display, we liked the features and boot, and overall look from inside and outside. We liked the car and booked the TD and finalized the car.

After two weeks of booking we got the Car from Nirmal Hyundai Noida.

So here’s my verdict / review after 5 months of ownership with 5000+ odometer reading.

A . Feel:-

Moment when you enter in the car it feels premium. Interior quality is good. Buttons & Knobs are ergonomically placed. For Steering Mounted Controls, you need some practice to get used to them.

Overall feel of this car is awesome and you won’t find the features and quality within this range.

Few features are:-

1. Electrically adjustable OVRM

2. BT

3. Driver seat height adjustable

4. Steering Height adjust. (used only by my wife)

5. Steering Mounted controls.(used by my wife)

6. Cooled glove box.

7. Very stylist panel for USB and electric output.

8. Rear AC Vent.

9 Other features like music player, CD player, Bottle holder etc are also there.

B. Driving :-

My daily commute is around 30 kms, in which half covered under B2B Traffic and other half with roads full of potholes and speed breakers. Steering is light, and shifting gears is very smooth. In B2B Traffic clutch response is very effective. In City mileage coming out to be around 13-14Kmpl.

Till date I had made three long trips from Noida in my Xcent:-

1. Nainital Trip :- Total Kms Covered were around 700Kms in 4 days. on Highway with 4 passengers and two big suitcases and two bags and 4 backpacks. Mileage attained (Tank to tank basis) was around 16.5Kmpl. AC were not used for around 300Kms.

2. Agra & Sikri:- Total Kms covered were around 600Kms but max time kept on driving within speed limit of 100Kmpl. Outside temp were like 45 Deg C, but we were impressed by the AC performance. Cooled glove box seemed worked well. Mileage was approx. :- 15.5 Kmpl. (T2T basis)

3. Dharamshala Trip :- Total Kms covered 1300Kms in 5 days. Highway performance of Xcent is very impressive, though you have to shift down to heavy gear for overtaking. But at high speeds, steering control and low engine noise, smooth suspension makes you feel like car is flying above the road. In hilly areas car pick up and acceleration worked well. Mileage were like 17Kmpl T2T basis.

C. Things in Don’t like:-

1. Paint quality:- Somewhat I feel the paint quality is not upto the mark, you can compare the pant quality with any car parked adjacent to xcent, you will feel slight downgrade in paint job of xcent. I compared with my neighbour’s Polo.

2. Side mouldings:- Black side moulding turned grey, and you have to keep them polishing them every week, otherwise overall car look old.
Overall Verdict:-

Except the two mentioned above, I love my car. I love to drive Xcent and it has been a part of so many Romantic drives which I and my wife had in last 5 months.
Xcent is a complete family car with a big boot and lots of bottle holders and comfortable seats. Noise is almost negligible while driving. AC is very effective. Pickup is good.

Thanks for reading this review; this had been my one of the longest writings ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats for the Xcent, Atul309! [:)] Do post some snaps of the car to compliment the writing effort. Regarding the paint quality, I think the Hyundai cars get decent quality paint. Ideal comparison should be with Maruti and Honda. VWs are a class apart! :stupid:

PS. Please don't try these speeds with a loaded car, with 4 passenger and cargo I mean. Drive safe.

@VISHNUCARCRAZY:
I think he meant the ride quality (esp. at the back) because of the firm suspension and 15" rims in the Swift, or various factors like air pressure, etc. Suspension is not poor by any chance.

Regards,
Nikunj

Wish you tons of happy miles. Please do post photos. Thanks a lot for your review. Keep updating the thread with your experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #6
Can you explain Swift's poor suspension comment?
Hi Vishnu

The vehicle i got for TD was New Model and somewhat i found the suspension is not good, like one can feel whats going on under the wheels of the car, which i didnt find after TD of Xcent, Micra and Polo.

Please find a picture of my car taken last evenings after rain.

Attachments

Perfect comfortable ride for the family.I own a silver xcent top model almost done 20000 kms with no problems whatsoever.

Top Bottom