Hope you guys are enjoying rainy weather. In Punjab and specially my area its getting floody.
Here is my update about my Zest:
* Done 1500 KMS, So far almost everything is going good. Engine is getting smoother. But I can hear some tickling sound like the tappets are getting loose. Been to a local and the best mechanic, he said not to worry and it can be resolve easily. Will rectify it in 1st service.
* Can see a great mileage jump when turned off the AC. Instant fuel shows 2 bars increased as soon as the AC is off.
* NO rattling sound at all till now TOUCH WOOD. Can hear some strange but a very low intensity creek noise from drive side window glass when roll down as if some dust is there.
* On highway mileage has touched 17 but for now it is giving an average of 12 KMPL.
* There is no under body cover that can stop mud from getting in the engine bay. Due to rainy session the car is getting dirty almost everyday and the engine bay is getting muddy, I am thinking about to install a cover soon.
* Corner Stability does its job brilliantly, I tried on some tough corners at 120 KMPH and there was no over rolling. so a thumb up.
* Back of the car is high and it block a lot of space. When reversing I have to depend a lot on my instincts. I will have to install a reverse camera soon as I have 2 little kids and I have to reverse on a steep where I am totally blind due to gate and high stance of the car.
* My wife found the gear shifting not as smooth as Skoda Fabia I had and it is true. The changing of gear takes some extra effort than Fab. Will raise the issue during service.
* I have raised the tyre pressure from 34 to 40 and I can feel a difference in the car performance on the road. It does get a little bumpy on rough roads but I am loving the way it is behaving now, feels more quicker and smoother.
* The breaks OMG! a little extra pressure on the brakes and you have to be careful trust me. I feel a lot more confident than Skoda in this field. Hats of TATA.
* I can see a lot of admiring eyes on the road. Everyone turns around when I pass. Got 2 more booking of Zest from my friends in my town. Wo Hooo.
* No back glass defogger or wiper, that is a bit let down.
* Dark color needs a lot of care. I have to wash it everyday due to mud and dusty roads. I am bit worried about its body to get rusty so will go for a rust free underbody paint job. I have however bought a fibre cloth to wash and clean the car and it is worth.
* I am also going to install aftermarket Water bottle foldable holders on all the doors(Except for driver). I have found some nice ones from ebay.
Overall I am happy and love it. The cars are just like girlfriends to me. My wife hates me for this because I spend more time taking care of car then to take her to shopping
Love you all. Stay connected.
Originally Posted by zestian
Nice review. I have completed 500+ kms on my zest xm rt and FE reads 13.7 (50% highway; 20% moderate traffic; 30% B2B traffic). So it is ok with FE ?
P.S. : no eco mode.80% city mode and 20% sport mode.
Thanks Sameer and Ravindra
The mileage of zest is average for a petrol car I would say. It has given me as low as 9 KMPL when my wife takes it to her workplace where it has to stuck in city traffic and on some worst country side roads and that too with AC. It is a bit worry for me.
But again she is traveling 15 KMs everyday so even 150 Rs worth of petrol is OK. Better than paying atleast 1.5 Lakh more (2 lack with EMIs) for a diesel with same configuration where the difference of petrol and diesel in only 20Rs now.