My New Maruti Suzuki Ritz Vxi

Thread Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I am new to theautomotiveindia forum. I really thank everyone whose points helped me to choose a right car for my requirements. Actually I had a big confusion in choosing one among Maruti Ritz and Hyundai Grand i10 petrol variants. My height is 6 feet so I was looking for the car having good space, easy ingress/egress and also good performance.

I had checked out Maruti Swift, Ritz and Hyundai Grand i10. All three cars are very nice. But I felt difficulty in getting in/out in Swift and Grand i10. And rear seat bench of these cars are bit low compared to Ritz so it will be difficult for my family members too. Ritz fulfilled all my needs. Driving seat is very good for my height and road view is very nice. We liked the rear look of Ritz so we didn't mind what others comment. I feel Ritz is getting rejected because of its rear look. Again it depends on individual's taste. But why should we reject such a nice car for its rear look even it is not bad ?[confused]

Now our Ritz completed 2.9k km in 3 and half months.

Exterior :

The car has unique look and tall in design which makes more comfortable for getting in and out.
Front has aggressive look and gives a feel of big vehicle. Build quality is good which can be felt while pulling/pushing the doors.
Wheel arches are nice and give wider look to the car especially when we look from rear.
Rear look which has more discussion in all automobile forums when we search for Maruti Suzuki Ritz.
Looks are always subjective. I liked the rear look of Ritz and with integrated spoiler it looks very nice.
I feel the rear bumper comes out more and really useful.
Missing body color door handles and ORVM's in VXI model is a bit disappointment when many other cars have ORVM's with turn indicator in their mid variants.

Interior :
Interior space is really good. Driver seat gives good road view and dash mounted tacho meter is realy helpful for gearshifts.
Instrument cluster is very simple and has big speedometer dial which is easy to read.
Dashboard design is awesome and gives a feel of big car. That too the waterfall center console with gear mount makes the gear shifts comfortable.
A/c is very powerful, cabin gets cooled within a minute.
As many told thick A pillars block the visibility in the turnings, mainly in the signal less junctions.
Rear visibility is also less due to thick C pillars, for compensation the ORVM's are much wider.
Seats have good under thigh support. Front seat leg and headrooms are excellent.
Since I am a tall person, I feel great comfortness in the driver seat which I didn't get in other hatchbacks.
Rear leg room is good unless 6 feet person sits in the front row. Overall the interior space is good.
I feel the rear seat is comfortable for 2 passengers because of the floor hump.
Only negative I feel is the plastic quality used.

Ride & Handling :
I really like driving the Ritz. The pickup is excellent.
Initially I used to shift the gears below 1k rpm and felt car is lagging in the 2nd gear.
But after lot of research in many forums, now I do gear shifts 2k to 2.5k rpm which brings lot of smile :-)
As I noted that car is powerfull when we keep the revolution at 2k for gear up shifts. Below 1.5k, it requires downshifts to get good pickup.
Engine is very smooth and we can feel the same when we press the accelerator. Since the car is heavy we will not feel any vibrations
even at higher speeds. I have heard about Suzuki's K12 petrol engine but now only I feel it. Steering is more responsive and tilt adjustment feature gives comfortable drive.
Till now I had gone to maximum speed of 120kmph and didn't find any vibration or feel of loosing the confidence.
Initially felt the clutch and break pedals were high in position, but now it is ok and adapted.
Car gets shake over road humps. Is it due to tall boy design or tyre pressure? Experts please clarify.
I have not sit and travelled in the back seat so I don't have any points to comment about the rear seat comfortness.

Overall it is a great car with good space inside and performance.
I had some requirements before searching for new car.

1. Driver seat comfort for my height because I will only drive more.
2. Reasonable interior space.
3. Powerful engine with good mileage.
4. Comfort for my family members.
5. Hassle free service.
6. Maintenance and Spare parts expense.
7. Budget < 6 lakhs.

Maruti Suzuki Ritz ticked the above check boxes :-)

Attachments

Last edited:
Hearty congrats madhanda and hopefully you enjoy this car. Wishing you endless happy miles of driving with this car.

Ritz is great car and the engines are same as in Swift.

Please share your buying experience i.e. why you've chosen this particular varient, how much it was costed, any offers etc.

Also, please share a little more on driving experience, i.e. how you felt about the steering on the corners. Was it light or heavy or returned any feedback etc.

Have a great time and very best to you. [clap]

Thread Starter #5
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your wishes [:)]

I am really sorry for not updating this thread.

Regarding the buying experience,
The on road price was 5.8L after discount of 10k. They offered me basic accessories, body cover and door visors as freebies.

In 3.3 years, car has completed 39.7k km. I am very happy with its performance.
Though it is a tallboy hatch stability is good. I am in a plan to change the tyres to 185/70/R14. So handling will improve further. I feel Ritz is the perfect tallboy hatch with comfort and handling.

Below are few minor issues I observed.
1. Position of clutch pedal is high and it is hard too.
2. When we drive in city, it has lag in lower RPM.
3. Wheel base could have been bit more.
4. I feel steering is also bit tight.

Overall I am very happy to own Ritz. But it is very sad that Maruti discontinued Ritz. Instead they could have come up with facelift version and retained the name.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your wishes [:)]

I am really sorry for not updating this thread.

Regarding the buying experience,
The on road price was 5.8L after discount of 10k. They offered me basic accessories, body cover and door visors as freebies.

In 3.3 years, car has completed 39.7k km. I am very happy with its performance.
Though it is a tallboy hatch stability is good. I am in a plan to change the tyres to 185/70/R14. So handling will improve further. I feel Ritz is the perfect tallboy hatch with comfort and handling.

Below are few minor issues I observed.
1. Position of clutch pedal is high and it is hard too.
2. When we drive in city, it has lag in lower RPM.
3. Wheel base could have been bit more.
4. I feel steering is also bit tight.

Overall I am very happy to own Ritz. But it is very sad that Maruti discontinued Ritz. Instead they could have come up with facelift version and retained the name.
Hi,
Good that you remembered this thread. As you mentioned they have discontinued and came up with Ignis which is also a Tallboy hatch.

Thread Starter #7
@Ambylovers

Thank you. What I felt is that Maruti could have retained the name 'Ritz' :-)

I am planning for alloys and new set of tyres. Will ride comfort reduce drastically if I upgrade to 195/60/R15?

Because there are more alloy options in 15". So if 195/60/R15 profile affects the comfort, I will stick to 185/70/R14 profile. Please suggest.

Last edited:

Top Bottom