Feeling Grand with My New Hyundai Grand i10

Thread Starter #1
Friends,
I am happy to be a new proud owner of the Grand i10 (Petrol, Asta, Wine Red).
This is my first write up on the ownership review, so please bear with me if I am missing any important details or blabbering too much about little things.
My dad was a car enthusiast and he used to change his car every 4 years and loves to tryout the latest models in the market. So I had the pleasure of riding different cars starting from FIAT Padmini, Maruthi 800, Maruthi Esteem, Hyundai Accent, Toyota Innova etc.
It was back in 2012 that I have decided to come back to India. I used to drive a second hand Honda Civic 1999 model in US. Got bored on driving an old car and wanted to buy a new car once I reach India. I started to browse multiple car forums, read extensive reviews of various models and started to choose my car. It was a roller coaster experience. Initially I had an eye on Ford Figo, Toyota Liva, Chevy Beat, Honda Amaze. Then Grand i10 was launched in the year 2013. From the moment I saw the review & pics, I was so attracted to this and was going through ownership reviews of many members.
Due to many personal reasons I came back to India only in the year 2014. Due to other personal commitments, my car buying process took a back seat. I was driving my dad’s Innova till now. I love driving Innova, but driving a big vehicle in a city like Chennai was proving to be difficult and finally I thought this was the time I need to buy a new car.
My Requirements
  • Petrol Engine (will be driving around 800 Kms per month)
  • Ease of city driving
  • Hatchback or sub 4m sedan
  • Good Exterior and Interior looks
  • Reliable ASS network

Options Considered
Figo, Chevy Beat, Liva, Brio, Honda Amaze, Grand i10, Elite i20

Disclaimer: The negative comments about certain car/models are just my personal opinion. No offence intended to any members.

• Figo: Good driver’s engine, but outdated look
  • Chevy Beat: Cramped space, less boot space
  • Liva: Somehow did not please me
  • Brio: Like the peppy engine but the rear look is a miss.
  • Amaze: Loved the exterior (especially the rear end) looks, reliable iVTec engine. As per my budget, only the base variant was affordable and there are no color options for the same.
  • Elite i20: So confused on choosing between i20 and i10, finally I got a unanimous feedback that the i20 diesel would be the best choice compared to petrol.

Finally I chose the Grand i10.
  • Amazing exterior and interior looks
  • Top notch quality
  • Totally keyless feature available for a hatch back.
  • Once inside the vehicle you will feel the premium touch.
  • Loved Hyundai for giving a rich car feeling for the hatch back owners.

Dealer Experience

I called Hyundai Express showroom in Sholinganallur, Chennai. The operator noted my number and within 5 minutes I got a call from a Sales representative named Shiva. I asked for a test drive and he brought the car the next day to my office itself. He is knowledgeable, patient and able to answer all my queries. The test drive was impressive and asked for the price, discounts.

I was given either a 16K cash discount or the below free accessories
  • Teflon coating
  • Underbody rust coating
  • PU Seat cover
  • Body cover
  • Mobile charger

But I insisted on getting both the form of discounts. He said he needed to inquire with his manager and after 2 days he said he can provide that discount but I have to book the car immediately. I was glad with the offer and booked the car.
I visited the showroom to see the options for the seat cover. I was not impressed with the way the seat cover was installed on the car. It was shabby, not properly fitted and it brought down the look of the car. So I mentioned that I will not take the free PU seat cover option, so asked him for other deals. He was again courteous and gave me the following
  • Free upgrade to B2B insurance
  • Neck Pillow
  • Door Guard
  • Door Visor

I made full payment for the car and my car was allotted. I insisted on PDI and he asked me to visit the showroom on a Saturday. I also got the VIN and I decoded to see it was a 2015 (Feb) model. Completed the PDI using the checklist available in TAI (Thanks TAI [:)]). The sales staff and the Hyundai guys were shocked to see the exhaustive checklist. I gave the green signal for the registration and I got the car delivered on May 29th Friday.
Delivery process was smooth and no delays there as well. They asked me to open the car covered like a gift wrap and they took some snaps. Within 5 minutes, they framed the photo and gifted the same. Sometimes small things like these make a great impact. Shows the brand value and respect they have on customers.
I was given a detailed demo on all the features. I was also given a leather key chain, 5 litres of petrol voucher and some chocolates.

To summarize
  • Sales executive knowledge, patience, follow ups – 10/10
  • Dealer experience – 8/10 (would have given 10, but a lot of delays during PDI and I had to wait for a long time for the car to be washed as it was full of dirt)

Initial Experience with Grand i10

For the last 10 years I was driving diesel cars in chennai (Tata Indica, Innova), so a Petrol engine was a welcome change.

Even though i10’s engine is not termed as “Driver’s Engine”, still love the peppiness. Feel that there is a lag in 2nd gear, but I am getting used to it.

Interior feels great. Has a premium touch.

Love the keyless feature. It is of great convenience. Feel proud every time you use the button in the door handle to lock/unlock the car and the side view mirrors fold/unfold automatically.

Boot size is good for a hatchback.

Wine Red color gives a rick look.

Features such as electric adjustable side view mirrors, fog lamps, boot lamp, steering controls, rear A/C vents, bluetooth are excellent.

Fabric seat cover is of excellent quality and probably I might install a PU seat cover in the near future.

Sound quality of the stock music system is excellent. Enjoying the music playback from the phone via Bluetooth.

OTR price comes around 6.5 L.

Hearing your wife’s comment, “You have made a good choice. I love this car” is priceless.

I am currently uploading the pics taken only from my mobile. I will upload more pics in the future.

Attachments

Hi,
Congratulations on your new Hyundai Grand i10. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.
Post some more images of your new car.

Congratulations for your car venkythaniks !! Have safe and happy miles ahead. Wine red color looks good on Grand i10.

Congratulations man!
and ten thums up to the statement
"Love the keyless feature. It is of great convenience. Feel proud every time you use the button in the door handle to lock/unlock the car and the side view mirrors fold/unfold automatically"

Thread Starter #7
More pics of my grand i10

Attachments

Many Congratulations Venkythaniks on your purchase of Grand i10.
Its indeed one of the best value for money hatchback in the country, loaded with features to the brim, refined Kappa2 engine and good HASS.
I will be soon joining the league of Grand i10.
Will post an ownership review once it get hold of it.
Regards
Car's Paradise.

Thread Starter #9
Many Congratulations Venkythaniks on your purchase of Grand i10.
Its indeed one of the best value for money hatchback in the country, loaded with features to the brim, refined Kappa2 engine and good HASS.
I will be soon joining the league of Grand i10.
Will post an ownership review once it get hold of it.
Regards
Car's Paradise.
Thanks.
Congrats in advance.. Have you already booked. What color and variant?

Friends,
I am happy to be a new proud owner of the Grand i10 (Petrol, Asta, Wine Red).
Congratulations venkythaniks on your new Grand,look really good and and feature list quite impressive for a car of this price. My dream car as a first car. Wishing you tons and tons of happy miles with your Grand, hope it serves you well.

Congratulations, Wish you a very safe and happy crunching miles a head. [:)]

Wine Red. I love this color[clap] Always make sure a think coat of wax is over there on the surface so as to keep this glow forever without letting any chances to have swirls on them.

Last edited:

Top Bottom