I recently owned 4S Fluidic Verna Petrol S(O) variant in white color on 22 June.
I am not a good writer but I really want to highlight few points to those who are planning for a new sedan.
Bought from Harsh Hyundai, INDORE
Total on road price offered by dealer = 10.85.
After bargain , I got = 25,000 (cash discount) + zero debt insurance (something 5000/-) + premium seat covers(additional 2000/-) + basic accessories
Starting from beginning , I was having a Maruti ZEN LXi (2007) and was bored from its comfort, power and other minor drawbacks when I first drove my cousin's Swift Petrol. Since then I was planning to upgrade the car.
Started from & discussed with my father, we were looking for Dzire VXi. From last two months before purchasing Verna, I was observing many sedans in market as well as upcoming vehicles.
I was a lover of Honda City and since "All new Honda City (ANHC)" arrived, I was dying to own it. but my father was not in favor of buying a 10+ lac car.
Luckily I got a huge order and convinced my father to buy a good sedan.
We finally decided to take a test drive of CITY and gone to showroom (Abhikaran Honda, INDORE). The sales person greeted normally with no enthuisism. shown us the SV variant petrol.
This was the first time I actually looked the CITY from inside.
The following are my comparisons between ANHC and VERNA:
1. The Interiors were not at all classy which you expect from a 11 Lac car. My mother is slight fat and therefore she examined the back seat and found to be very small in length. I also felt that I am not getting proper Thigh support sitting on it. Anyways, we asked the sales guy for a test drive.
My Father drove for the first half and I examined that the rear seat although was comfortable but may be not suitable for a long 100+ kms drive.
on the other side, Verna has a very classy interiors and worth for paying 11 Lacs. Back seat is more in length for better thigh support.
2. the Dashboard and other cluster instruments in ANHC seems not that integrated as compared to VERNA. Again they gave me cheap feeling of having fitted them from an outside local shop ( no linearity and seamless design feel)
3. As far as the performance of ANHC is considered, I must praise Honda for developing such engine. The initial pickup of ANHC was superb even the AC was ON.
VERNA is slight behind in that case, but it outperforms ANHC if the AC is kept off.
4. Handling of ANHC was not pretty but OK. whereas I am driving VERNA from last 1 month and many times felt that the handling is far better than ANHC. Braking in ANHC is very instantaneous and may sometimes invites collision from back side. Verna is better in that point.
5. Projector headlamps of VERNA are very bad at night driving. only 55W main lamp and 20W fog lamps ( total 150W ). whereas in ANHC, it is 55W main lamp and 55W dipper. I have not observed them in night but feels like better than verna.
I am planning to upgrade them with 55W HID lamps.
However, the low / high beam pattern of VERNA is far better and consistent as compared to any multi reflector headlamps.
6. Steering of ANHC is quite smooth while driving in city but feels unreliable at high speeds. So verna feels more promising at 100+ speed. Little hard while driving at low speeds. I drove my car max at 120 kmph till now and it didn't let me down. It felt always reliable at any speed.
7. Someone told me about the thickness of body metal. I observed that the sheet metal thickness ( bonnet, side fender, doors etc) of ANHC was less than VERNA. this is good in case of an accident but occasionally it happens that somebody leans to your vehicle and it makes dents in it. VERNA is quite tougher.
8. The Horn switch on the steering of VERNA is so small and hard that most of the times, I press the audio control buttons instead of horn. the hard switch also irritates when driving in a dense traffic. I have no idea of this in ANHC.
9. the power windows in VERNA does not auto close when the vehicle is locked. this is a must feature in vehicle. further only driver side window is provided with one touch control and pinch guard feature.
10. No auto door locking after engine on in my variant.
11. Keyless entry is a boom for me. I need not to take key off my pant anytime.
12. Engine start / stop button adds luxury to vehicle.
13. Height adjuster in VERNA is of no use at all since it is pivoted at back side. So, when you adjust the knob, only front part of the seat is lifted or lowered. Whereas in ANHC, it is really a "height adjuster". The whole seat is lifted or lowered. However, it is only 5.5 cms in ANHC, so i have no regret for that.
14. Glove box cooling in VERNA is not as good as expected.
15. AC in verna is very powerful as compared to ANHC. it does not feels to have a rear vent in VERNA. the various AC modes also changes very quitely.
my car gets cooled in hardly 2 kms ride.
16. Rear parking sensors are very good . Rear camera quality is astonishing and it also features perfect vision even in full dark conditions. only "V" & above variant in ANHC have this camera option.
Hope you will find this review useful. please mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
for any of your queries/questions about VERNA. I will love to solve that.
Thanks & Happy buying your car