My 2015 Maruti Alto K10 AMT VXi Granite Grey: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Hi,
A new member arrived to my family so, I want to buy a car for daily commute.
Based on my budget 4l-5l, I shortlisted below cars initially:
1. Alto 800
2. Hyundai Eon
3. Celerio AMT
4. Alto K10 AMT

1. Alto 800
Pros:
.Good Mileage
.Maruti ASS
.Low maintenance

Cons:
.Avg looks
.Only 800CC

2.Hyundai Eon
Pros:
.Very Attractive interior & exterior looks

Cons:
.Low fuel avg

3.Celerio AMT
Pros:
.Spacious
.Very easy to drive
.Good fuel economy

Cons:
.Avg rear looks
.Overpriced

Based on pros, I decided to buy Celerio because of AMT, even though out of my budget. But, one fine day I saw spy pics of new K10 AMT in this forum and decided to wait till the launch.

On Nov 3rd 2014, Maruti launched Alto K10 AMT and I was very impressed with interior looks and great fuel economy. I was surprised that Celerio and Alto K10 both cars having same engine with same power.
I went to nearest Varun Motors showroom taken test drive. I was amazed of its pickup.

4.Alto K10 AMT
Pros:
.Good visibility
.Very easy to drive
.Good fuel economy
.Good interiors
.Good front looks
.Refined AMT gearbox

Cons:
.Avg side & rear looks

In every aspect, this car way better than Celerio. So, I booked K10 AMT Fire Brick Red color car on Nov 22nd, 2014 at Varun Motors, Kukatpally, Hyderabad.

On Dec 31st, 2014 dealer offered me white color car but I rejected. On 11th March, 2015 dealer offered Granite Grey color car. I went to stock yard to check the car, after initial checking I accepted this color by considering the huge waiting period.

After all paper work, car was delivered next day around 4PM.

Here is the price breakdown:
Ex. Show Room 413029
Facilitation Charges 6100
Extended 3rd Year Warranty 4115
Auto Card 450
Life Tax 49570
Insurance 14172
T/R Charges 150
Hyp Fee 100
Per Reg 635
Zero Dep. Insurance 3249
4th Yr Warr 1235
On Road 492805

Discount - NONE
Freebies - Idol
Got Rs. 1500 MGA as a lucky draw gift. So, taken Steering wheel cover & Foot mats worth Rs. 1000. Another Rs. 500 worth accessories yet to take.

Addons:
Seat Covers complete package 4000
Autocop reverse cam with sensors 8400
Autocop Central locking system 3300
Total 15700

What I liked (Awesome):
Good visibility
Very very easy to drive
Chilled AC
Comfortable front & rear seats
Smooth engine

What I disliked (Just OK):
Suspension
NVH level
Music system sound quality

So far, my car clocked 150+ KM. I never noticed any problems such as jerks, rolling backwards etc while driving in D mode.

At this point I cant comment on mileage. After my first tank full, I will update fuel avg. figures here.

Now, some snaps:

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats buddy you have choosen a great car.

K10 is proven its capability from a long time. The facelift has surely a plus to its aesthetic. I have driven one k10 old model, I believe that the headlight performance is not up to the mark. Possibly you can upgrade those stock bulbs to Philips xTreme Vision. I have done this upgrade on my i20. The brightness and the range has clear improvement.

I have purchase these bulbs from Carex Showroom Pune at price Rs 1100 for 2 piece.

Thread Starter #5
Thanks Amit. I think, headlights are good enough on the new version.

For the past two days, small noise is coming from driver side window (not sure though). It is starting as soon as the engine started and I can hear it clearly when the car is idle.

What could be the problem?

Congrats k10 ags o your new ride [drive]
K10 is indeed a great car with awesome power to weight ratio. Enjoy your ride and do comment on your AMT experience on the go.
Drive safe!

Thread Starter #7
So far, AMT experience is awesome. Very easy to drive. I never used M mode till now.
I didnt feel any jerk or pause while gear change. Lets see how much mileage it will give.

Price is dangerously close to Celerio. If I were you, I would have picked Celerio VXI AMT, because it offers plenty of space, better interior etc. I never thought Alto will be placed closer to Celerio.

Anyways congrats for your purchase and drive safe, be careful with AMT.

Thread Starter #9
Thanks. But, OTR price of Celerio AMT is 80K more than K10AMT that too without music system. Though it is more spacious than K10, 3 adults at rear seat is little bit difficult on both cars. Moreover, K10 equipped with improved AMT box. Also, why to pay more for the same engine.

Thanks. But, OTR price of Celerio AMT is 80K more than K10AMT that too without music system. Though it is more spacious than K10, 3 adults at rear seat is little bit difficult on both cars. Moreover, K10 equipped with improved AMT box. Also, why to pay more for the same engine.
^^ Well for one, K10 is cramped even for 2 well built adults compared to Celerio, which can easily fit the same. I did test drive with SA and 2 of my collegues(One is 6'2" 90+kg & another one is 5'11" 70+kg) and Celerio pulled in clean linear manner. But to fit these same guys in K10, it was a nightmare. The 6'2" literally stuffed himself in the car. Even the 5'11" guy felt it was cramped. If the drive is mostly a couple of adults including you, your choice is perfect. If you plan on doing short weekend trips with 2 more on board, things are going to be little bit tough. But if you are okay with it, then it is all that matters.

BTW even with music system, the difference will be 90K which I think is reasonable.

And finally, just to answer your question

Moreover, K10 equipped with improved AMT box. Also, why to pay more for the same engine.
i10,Grandi10 & Xcent all equipped with same 1.2L engine. But why people choose Xcent/Grand over regular i10? It is the space,comfort and features on offer.

Congrats on your new purchase and just post the mileage updates regularly.
We own a celerio Amt and after 499kms we are getting a mileage of 12.7kms and its improving every trip by 2 kms/lt.
I can say you 3 adults can easily fit in celerio's rear.
Your car colour is very good.
DRIVE SAFE.

i10,Grandi10 & Xcent all equipped with same 1.2L engine. But why people choose Xcent/Grand over regular i10? It is the space,comfort and features on offer.
Are you sure i10 is equipped with 1.2L i don't think so, i10 has 1.1iRDE engine which produces 68 bhp@5500 rpm power and 99 NM torque where as Grand i10/Xcent has 1.2 lt vtvt which produces 81bhp@6000 rpm power and 114 nm torque which was a lot of difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ Link for you CarWale. Although it is discontinued now, it was available for a long time. Even in my area, I did see quite a few 1.2L i10's.
The production of i10 with 1.2L engine stopped (for India) right after the launch of Grand i10. And the 1.2L is now available in Grand i10, Xcent, i20 and i20 Active.

The production of i10 with 1.2L engine stopped (for India) right after the launch of Grand i10. And the 1.2L is now available in Grand i10, Xcent, i20 and i20 Active.
If you read my comment again, I clearly said, Although it is discontinued now. So yeah, I know the production was stopped.

What I was trying to express was, Why go cramped Alto when you can get better spaced Celerio with just 80k more. It's not everyday that we buy cars, so why not spacy car. But again, it all depends on OP. If he is okay with Alto, that is good.

Hi K10ags, Congrats on your new stead. It's good and time-tested, and proven engine mated with AMT. It will serve you well. Even, I would have gone for Celerio if given choice. If you are happy with your ride then nothing else matters. [;)]

Top Bottom