Honda Brio: The Joy of 16,000 Kms

Thread Starter #1
Hello Everyone, My Brio will be having its 2nd anniversary with us in couple of days so the idea flashed in my mind to write an ownership review to state the confidence which have built through the past days.

Disclaimer: This is not an expert overview of the car instead about the experience of the courtship. So, I may disappoint you on that front. Second, this is my first ownership review so please pardon my ignorance.

Brief introduction: Purchased Red Brio SMT on 4th May 2012 and this is my first car.

Vehicle we own currently (including wifeys) Me Honda Dazzler, Wifey Honda Aviator and Honda Brio by us(However most of the time I address as its my car and frequently being reminded its our car)

So, you can call us a Honda family the same phrase which my colleagues pound upon when I discuss about the loyalty bonus to my Sales Adviser.

Preface: I was in my 2nd year of my MBA and was attending Marketing class and could relate to the herald about the Honda’s cheapest car launch Brio. I was actually watching on net the launch of Honda Brio and it was love at first sight but never crossed my mind the thought of one day owning it. Even though my first crush is always Honda Jazz.

Quick move to 2012: Got hitched in Jan and started dream of umpteen travel plans, wifey always support of any random plan I would present in her plate.

Past Feb I became active reader of the automotive forum and started reading curiously the deals strike by the people and their fantastic skill of negotiations and I must confess here, I am bad at it. If someone (to whom I am seeking) gives a nod to me to go for it the next day I want it in my reach. Days past, me & wifey often discuss about car and probably after sighting many Brio’s on road She also developed the interest in it. Still we couldn‘t decide whether we would like to have one with us and even owning a Nano crossed her mind which I rejected outright.

The Nod: For me a nod to get things work as a faith that I am not doing anything wrong and shouldn’t be worried about and go ahead and grab the idea. So, the first approval was wifey She was ready for the commitment and second was my Dad who stays in Nagpur. Like the first approval, getting second approval was never an easy task as opportunities & risk needs to be evaluated first before getting the due nod. However, it went for couple of days getting first House for us or a car, we had our share, the bundle of joy the much needed approval let‘s go(Alto 800 tagline).

The Search: Came March search for the right car started budget was never thought before and we started like lets see car first then will decide whether we can afford or not however, buying Hatchback with city manuverability was on priority. Probably wrong approach for many but we damn care about it. Started seeing auto reviews and endless reading, these all work was done by me sole responsibility because as per wifey I always keeps her busy in kitchen and she is not interested in reading that too an auto reviews. Ok, but onething was decided(conveyed by wifey) we not gone own a every second car on road MS Swift which I readily agreed without any hesitation.

Contender: i20, i10, Swift and then Brio
I20 was over budget(budget now it came in picture, still final fig was still in illusion) and was overpriced according to us and I dont want to hurt sentiment of other fellow members including my sister and my friend who owns them. They both have same color, same variant and same year manufactured.

*I checked upon Renault Pulse too but didn't gave any serious consideration.

Final Nail: i10, Brio & Beat (New entry & least searched) We read/view online review on the hatchback comparison and outcome was Brio smiling in our lips then a thought crossed our mind we can have second hand brio and save some vitamin M, but second Approver ‘Dad‘ was tough for any approval on second hand thingy as „Naya naya hota hai (In Hindi, New is new).

Test Drive: Wifey was little afraid for the test drives and she didnt want any and left the load on me but was happily accompanying me to every test rides. Don‘t be mistaken she has enough road experience with Alto 800 which her family now mine too has it. As, she is the lone soul to drive on bouncy or ill-managed B’lore roads. I took few rides and I was convinced before but just wanted wifey to be comfortable with the decision and the i20 friend also joined on one of the test rides as it was written in his destiny.

Booking Day: last week of May stuck deal with the Dakshin Honda and delivery in one week time, loan papers were signed. Now choice of color She was against the titanium as Alto is already present in same color and by this time she was already fed up by listening we are buying another alto from her family now mine too.

Entry of third approval: By this time my mom also started taking interest as Dad was checking in his circle too about the choice his son is making and Questions were raised why Honda, it looks small car but we never wanted a big car for another 3-5 years and seeing the scheme of things Brio was the best bet. My Mom also started recognizing Brio on road and it looked cute to her too and in Red it was her favorites.

So, color was decided Ralley Red and variant was S-MT which had most of the features we were looking but sadly Airbags we miss sorely.

D-Day: Day was decided 4th May. I informed my SA that I will be doing PDI and here I wanted to thank TAI to make a comprehensive list to look for PDI. Conveyed the same to my colleagues that I need to do PDI and all gave me a look what my business in this however, they happily came to see my car errr...rr our car. It was Shinning in Red wanted to take her on the same day but sense prevailed car is due for the registration and I need to wait.

Deal Stuck: On Road 5.45 Laks
Dealer: Dakshin Honda Hosur Road
-8k accessorry (Car cover, Parking sensor, perfume God idol, teflon coating, underbody coating 3M etcs I still thing it wont sum 8k still)
-Free Insurance (Paid extra for bumper to bumper)
-3k Corporate discount
-RSA & extended warranty included

Loan was already approved and I paid the balance amount and car went for registration.
I was informed car will be delivered at 6 PM and I was there in the showroom at 5 PM.

4th May 2012: I was alone as nobody could accompany me formalities were done, Demo was given again before delivery. Overall experience with dealer was good, I was promptly informed for all the developments.
Delivered car was already having 5 liters of Petrol and I took it straight to the fuel bunk for the tank full. One thing I wanted to mention here is if driving in B’lore is tiresome then driving a new Car in blore and crossing heart blocker like Silk Board on the first day before doing pooja or getting God’s blessing is a hell bound journey.

Reached wifey’s office by 6:40 PM picked her up and even her friends were lined to welcome us. Did reach temple on time and did our deity full.

Now I guess that’s enough I shouldn‘t bore people by taking an opportunity of writing a ownership.

I am uploading few pictures our(My) Red beauty currently I am in Europe and being away with our possession so uploading whatever I have it handy.

Performance: Max Speed touch 145kmph (I know its dangerous but just wanted to know how it behaves). 100+ car dynamics is stable and feel planted at high speeds.

Thirst level: City 12-14 with A/C on 80%time including bumper to bumper traffic on Silk board

Highway: 18-20 with 40%A/C (Even got 22kmpl on round trip of Shimoga)
Max mileage achieved till date is 27.3Kmpl

In Jan 2015 presented her New Seat cover:
We did customization to get our color scheme done

Ok respected members I'm all ears. Please post your suggestions/comments or bashing if any.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Honda Brio the Joy of 16K Kms

Congratulations on your Brio and nice ownership report.I am unable to see the pictures you shared, do check once.Red Brio looks hot and cute.Wishing you many happy miles with it.

Thread Starter #3
Re: Honda Brio the Joy of 16K Kms

Congratulations on your Brio and nice ownership report.I am unable to see the pictures you shared, do check once.Red Brio looks hot and cute.Wishing you many happy miles with it.
Thanks Vijay for encouraging words.

Thanks Mod, the Missing pics I will include in my next post.

Thread Starter #4
Folks, Uploading Pics again to make them viewable in a single pan[cry]

Photos taken from Blackberry(PIC Quality is compromised) at the time of PDI: (First time meeting my heartthrob)

IMG-20130502-00200.jpg

IMG-20130502-00201.jpg

Few Pics continued:
IMG-20130504-00204.jpg

Steering looks plush to hold and gives confidence as speed increases.

IMG-20130504-00205.jpg
20130602_113318.jpg

Max I could get till now [clap]
IMG-20130623-00299.jpg

Niggles faced till date:
1. USB connecting error rectified by switching to China made pen drive and issue never pop up
2. Under Belly scratched: Once scratched lesson learned +2PSI for all the wheels and be careful

+/-ves are already covered by many owners and I am not including them in my list as I think there is no perfect car but the one which make more sense to your requirement is an ideal car for you[;)]

Thread Starter #5
Gave brio for 2 year service, damage to pocket is 4.8k. There was no complain so just opted whatever was there in the manual.

My SA was reluctant for 5 wheel(non alloy) rotation but i insisted and he added 150rs extra charge for the same.

Hi,
Be aware of this Sales service executives where they will charge you for some unwanted things during the service. Fiat Coimbatore service center guys are good in doing that.

Liked reading your take on your Brio. One more useful read for me here to help in my decision. I am also looking to get the Brio in a couple of months. Any guesstimate that Honda would send out a facelift Brio this year-end or early next year, anyone? If there's a likelihood of that then it's better for me to wait till the facelift comes.

Liked reading your take on your Brio. One more useful read for me here to help in my decision. I am also looking to get the Brio in a couple of months. Any guesstimate that Honda would send out a facelift Brio this year-end or early next year, anyone? If there's a likelihood of that then it's better for me to wait till the facelift comes.
I don't think they are going to stop the brio production. This could have happened if the jazz had a huge demand. I see only approx 2-2.5k max of jazz selling per month.
I lay my hopes more on the news of Honda releasing the diesel Brio rather than Honda stalling the production of the brio.
P.S I have no source of info. This is just my opinion.

Top Bottom