My Tata Nano: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Dear TAI Friends,

Thanks for the TAI to give me an opportunity be a part of this TAI family. This is my second post after to introduction post about our family’s first car. Guide me if anything wrong.

Why NANO:
It’s my dream of owning a car and give a comfortable travel to my mother, because she had a bus sickness (like sea sickness, she is allergic for bus travel). And I like to own a Maruti swift during my college days.
Last month i decided to buy a car and got approval from my CM (father) with one condition (it must be a low budget of within 4 lakhs). So I started to search the cars between our budget in both new and used cars. But I am not satisfied with used cars so I dropped it and go only for new car.
Found lot of new breeds with lot of options but my mind never allow me to go anywhere and always echoing “swift” “swift” “swift”. So I visited the Maruti showroom and enquire about prices only because I am very well known about performance and features of swift.
Here a twist happened in my dream, my father told about family budget condition and future expenses and denied my dream. Really I am upset and not spoke to him for next 2 days.
Then he came with price range of between 3 lakhs. During this time I saw the review of Nano twist.
So we asked test drive of Nano twist, really I am shocked when I entered into it. It broke all my thoughts about Nano earlier (very small car, no space inside, noisy sound). I inspired and fall into love with Nano beauty.
I booked the NANO twist XT – D.Purple within next two days of my test drive. After 1 week, my beauty came into our home.

About car:

Everyone knows about TATA Nano and its performance, so need to explain it. This is the first car of our family and after 5 years I am driving a car, so we are very excited and we went for a trip to our family temple.
Really it is good for 4 members with some load, smooth handling and good performance. Nano did well what TATA Motors promised.
EPS give more comfort of driving and easy to handle for first time drivers like me. It gave me super mileage of 28 KMPL in highway ride and 20 in city ride.
In a single line “I got back what I paid”.[clap]

My Review:

It’s good for all kind of travel (local or long trip) and gave super mileage.
For first time car buyers or fresher in driving, I strongly recommend the nano. Nano is the good choice in budget wise and usage wise. But don’t expect more from nano because he is TATA NANO not Maruti Swift or else.

first photo of my nano

Tata-Nano-Front-View.jpg

Re: my nano - ownership review

Congratulations on your nano twist once again and wish you and your family many happy miles with it.
After those changes in your budgets which were the other cars that were test driven, shortlisted before purchasing Nano.Its small from outside but once inside you would love the airy cabin and space it provides.Love the bright shade you got.Post some more interiors shots and price breakup if possible.

Re: my nano - ownership review

Congrats on your new acquisition dear. Nano is better than Swift in manyways. Therefore, no need to be sad. Do well in life and you may own a jaguar. Drive sensibly and safe. Congrats.

Welcome to TAI and congrats to you for the new car!

Go for an AMC Silver package which would cost you about 2.5 grands so that you don't have to pay anything for 10k km & 20k km services.

Enjoy your car !

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
some latest photos of my chottu.

Congratulations on your nano twist once again and wish you and your family many happy miles with it.
After those changes in your budgets which were the other cars that were test driven, shortlisted before purchasing Nano.Its small from outside but once inside you would love the airy cabin and space it provides.Love the bright shade you got.Post some more interiors shots and price breakup if possible.
after all discounts, onroad price came 2.70 lakhs (including sun film, body cover, half seat covers).

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Balaji, Congratulations for owning your first car!. This is just the beginning, may much more great things come to your way in life soon [:)]. Thanks for sharing the simple and honest review of your car. Every car has its own greatness, so don't compare your car with swift or any other. Wish you many more happy and safe miles!.[clap]

Welcome Balaji. Congrats on the New 'Twist' in your life, the engineering marvel TATA NANO.

I really like the speed console of the Twist. Feels upmarket and no other competitor car gives DTE at this price point.

The only thing I would love to have is a slightly powerful engine (may be 800 cc, 3 cyl) with the 5th gear.

Hi Balaji,

Congrats for the newest member in your family. The Nano Twist is indeed a great car. I too own a Nano twist and saying it from my personal experience. Do share more details like pre sales and drive experience. Do let us know if you are interested in joining Tata Nano group on whatsapp, PM your number to sai-shibu or me or mastiandroid.

Thread Starter #9
Hi Balaji,

Congrats for the newest member in your family. The Nano Twist is indeed a great car. I too own a Nano twist and saying it from my personal experience. Do share more details like pre sales and drive experience. Do let us know if you are interested in joining Tata Nano group on whatsapp, PM your number to sai-shibu or me or mastiandroid.
Hi Rahul ji,

Thanks for the wishes. Really the driving experience is very good in both highway ride and city traffic ride. vehicle and steering handling is superb while driving in traffic.
I finished one complete ride of my home town (500 Kms) with my family with full comfortable. everyone was feel good and comfortable while travel.

Really i am happy and proud to be owned a nano. i want to tell here about how i impressed on nano, one of the reason was threads of sai-shibu, thanks to him also in this time[thumbsup].

Pre-sale is good till now. Dealer response is also good.
i wish to add in the whatsapp group, but not able to send PM.

Last edited:
Hi Balaji,

Good to hear that from you. If you want to add some essential things, do go for anti glare mirror. Trust me it helps during night driving. I have sent you an e-mail with my number in it. Do check and share your number via e-mail or you can ping me directly on Whatsapp.

Congrats for your Tata Nano buddy. And its a great thing you have gone for the EPS one too. Best car under 3 lakhs budget buddy. And it does a good job of transporting 5 occupants with utmost comfort in such a small package. And no doubt the perky engine helps you in the City and on the highway does a decent job buddy. Congrats once again and wishing you loads of happy miles in it [clap].

Congrats on your car. Its one of the most practical car. I have ridden the normal nano xt, which even without power steering feels nimble, I am sure with EPS it must be a breeze. Nano after sales have been good, so that's not an issue.

Thread Starter #14
Thanks for all your wishes. yesterday finished one full trip of 520 Kms with 5 peoples. Really i am doubted whether 624 cc engine make it, but nano proves me that my doubt is meaningless, it goes smoothly with 5 peoples even with AC.
i faced the engine power drag while climbing in bridges with AC, but without AC that also fine.
return trip took at night with nano as companion (alone drive to home). but i loved it and reached safely at 2.00 AM.[:D]

attached the beauty of darkness at 12.00 AM.

i want some suggestion. while driving, my foreleg gave pain of continuously keep the inclined position for acceleration pedal. shall i use any foot rest for that. expecting the advice.[roll]

Hi Balaji,

Good to hear that from you. If you want to add some essential things, do go for anti glare mirror. Trust me it helps during night driving. I have sent you an e-mail with my number in it. Do check and share your number via e-mail or you can ping me directly on Whatsapp.
Hi Rahul ji,

thanks for the suggestion and made me the member of "key to happiness" group.
i planned to do some basic accessories, suggest me.

steering wheel with knob
seat covers ( i will think of towel seat covers)

Attachments

Hi Rahul ji,

thanks for the suggestion and made me the member of "key to happiness" group.
i planned to do some basic accessories, suggest me.

steering wheel with knob
seat covers ( i will think of towel seat covers)
Go for the stitched leather steering cover. Seat cover depeneds on your requirements. I went for leather seats. I hope you have mats already. Sil plates if you wish to remove the white sticker from the running board. Air freshner, car charger and aux cable.

I will go soon for paint protection and under body coating. You too can opt for the same.

Cheers

Last edited:

Top Bottom