Skoda Rapid TDi - Remapped By CODE 6 Tuning

Thread Starter #1
Would love to share my ownership details with all of you here. This ownership thread was posted on another forum back from 2013 untill now regularly. I will be posting the entire series of posts here. You can expect a detailed report on the day to day happenings of the car. The original thread is here: http://*********.in/showthread.php?...-CODE-6-Tuning&highlight=love+skoda+rapid+tdi

So the story began like this :
" The Past :

Having just got my license in April ‘13 but have been driving well before that in private compounds, etc .
But when I got it I started asking for a personal ride. Having the 2008 Swift Petrol VXI at home Dad very generously handed me the keys and it was mine. Loved the car, the handling, the power, the rev happy engine, reliability ( At Least mine never let me down ) and the aesthetics of the car had been making me crave it for the past few years after I got it all hell broke loose it was my personal ride. And being a teen who just got his license I was quite the ...lets say.ehhh.....the enthusiastic driver. The car just kept going no matter what I threw at it , saved my life on numerous occasions. This made me appreciate and love that car even more. But being the power hungry fool that I am I wanted something more. Something faster, better, more economical ( my swift’s mileage topped at 10 kmpl ), more stable, and more over the car had done 50000 kms and had an age of 5 years. It showed no signs of ageing but my family has a silent rule where all cars are changed every 5 years/50000 kms. Even though i loved it it had to go . Hence then my hunt started for a better, more powerful, mean machine which could take everything I put it through and ask for more.

Past Love :
2012-09-05 15.26.41.jpg

The Decision
Skoda Rapid TDI Leisure Edition.
Budget : Sub 11 Lakhs
Options Considered :

Honda City 2013 SMT :
Loved the engine, the car, the handling was acceptable too, Honda’s tank like engineering made it a prominent option in the list. It was well below the budget even leaving me room for extra mods but the main reason I didn't go for it was that I wanted more and more torque and an efficiency that I could get only from a diesel car.

Hyundai Verna 1.6 CRDI :
Already have a 2012 Verna Fluidic 1.4 VTVT . Hence ruled out. And after owning the Verna and being aware of its handling it was a no brainer. It wasn't even an option since i wanted nothing short of an enthusiast’s car or at least semi-enthusiastic .

Honda Amaze 1.5 i-Dtec :
Never was a fan of the looks. Not so rev- friendly . Huge waiting period , the simplistic brio interiors. This also was ruled out.

Volkswagen Vento 1.6 TDI Highline :
I like the looks of the car. Looked amazing in white. Great engine acceptable handling , it had what i wanted TORQUE , great punchy engine, free revving engine, amazing German built quality. The engine was a bit noisy, was fairly put off by that. Great features USB, AUX-IN, SD Card , Bluetooth, parking sensors . I had almost everything that I wanted but the price was above my budget and the mid level Comfortline didn't have ABS, Airbags and I wanted all these safety features. Moreover the behavior of the sales reps towards potential clients was something unexpected from a company of such stature. And having gone to the VW service center along with a friend who had to have a few issues checked on his car, the after sales service was completely horrible. This was a major reason towards my dislike towards the brand and the car.

Skoda Rapid TDI Leisure :
Skoda had stopped the Prestige edition of the car and had brought about the Leisure which is the additional accessories pack on the mid level Ambition Plus variant. It was completely loaded; Parking sensors, Garmin navigation, Reverse Camera, Leatherette seat covers, Door Sills and Alloy wheels. Apart from this the car was brilliant. As it is similar to the Vento I shall not go too in detail about it but the car seemed better than the Vento by a small margin. It was under budget. And after having read many threads on many forums about the Rapid and its capabilities I had a soft corner towards it from the start. And to add on to this the Rapid in the Flash Red was amazing and was an eye catcher. It also had the essentials of ABS , Airbags etc.. So I had decided on the Skoda Rapid 1.6 TDI Leisure Edition.

Initial Set Back :
After some discussions with my family we had decided that we would not get a sedan but would better suit us to have a hatchback for the use that this car would serve which is basically me. So the hunt started again towards a great hatch back under 8 Lakhs .

Option 1 : Hyundai i20 Crdi Magna -
Loved the looks. Was sold on that even after knowing about the poor handling of the car and stability. The initial plan was to get a sub 7 Lakh car and modify it to my taste. The major drawbacks were the absence of ABS, Airbags and the now signature i20 led fog lamps. Nearly booked it when a known person suggested to check out the Punto 90Hp

Option 2 : Fiat Punto 90hp-
Initial reactions regarding the Punto was that the looks were brilliant but poor after sales and fiats horrible dealer experiences. But was shocked this time. RDC Fiat at Chennai has proved to be considerably better than its competition in my eyes. On a single call with no hassle at all they brought a Black Punto 90 Hp for test drive. When I saw the car I was shocked, it just looked soo good. Got in and then noticed the bad build quality of the car. But thought to myself might as well give it a shot. After a small test drive i was flabbergasted at its great handling. Finally i found a car that i would like more than my swift. Handling was great.But the ruberry gearshift and the lethargic initial gears i had a doubt but after a little more tests on the handling. I was pretty much sold on that test drive. After the test drive I had a great dilemma . All other options were thrown out and the only option was the fiat punto 90 hp. The booking was made and an amount of 1 Lakh was paid. But after a few conversations and intense thought for a few days decided that it was not in my heart to own the punto. Asked for the refund and Fiat co-operated very nicely. I must commend Rdc Fiat for after a long time I have got a good name about fiat again in my head.

Option 3 : VW Polo 1.2 TDI Comfortline :
This was only test driven after my friends pressuring me towards its merits . But it did not prevail the 1.2 litre engine didn't feel fulfilling enough. It was out of the list once again due to the same experience i received from VW due to the Vento.

Option 4 : Maruti Suzuki Swift 1.3 MJD VDI :
This was the last one left on the list and i felt this was the only car that could let the transition from my earlier Petrol Swift be easier. After a lot of discussions was nearly finalized on the car. Was going to book a White Swift VDI.

Twist :
After my parents saw that none of these cars was going to satisfy me greatly and saw that no other car than the Rapid would change that. They finally gave in and told me to go ahead and buy the Rapid Leisure in the same Red that I wanted. I couldn't have been more happier and grateful towards my loving parents.

Skoda Rapid it is :

Called up my sales executive that I had spoken to initially a Mr John Babu from Gurudev Motors, Teynampet, Chennai. This was one hell of a call.
Me : Hello John ?
John : Hello , Good Morning Mr. Nitin
Me : ( Surprised he even bothered to keep my no. after so long ) John i'm ready for the rapid. Lets book it.
John : That's great sir, As you had previously wanted a Red Rapid Leisure Tdi is available with us and you can have it in 5 days after registration once the money is transferred.
Me : Good, Can you come collect the cheque today ?
John : Yes sir surely .
Me : Thanks John will get back to you on the time .
John : Very well sir, Thank You , Good Bye .

This was one of my most unforgettable calls that I had made in my life. It was decided I was getting a Flash Red Rapid TDI. I was over the moon.

Booking :
Mr. John came over that day with his superior a Mr. Sukumar and the booking forms were filled and the cheque collected and the order was processed. I informed them that I would like to conduct a PDI on the car. They were initially resistant to it but gave in and allowed me to do it after a small talk .The VIN no. was also given the next day. On decoding, it was found that it was a January 2013 produced car. On asking them for a August/July car they kindly told me that this was the only car that they had and another could be ordered but it would take time. As i wanted the car as soon as possible i agreed with them that if the PDI went well i would take this car itself. And if all went well the car would be delivered on friday the 6th.

PDI - 04.09.2013 ( Wednesday )

The PDI was to happen and after my approval they would go ahead with the registration, So me along with 3 other friends headed to the yard at noon to have a look at the car. Gurudev s yard is at the Indian Express Estate. Very shockingly it had very minimal security. Considering Skoda s sales the yard was appropriately sized. There were many Rapids, Few Fabias Lauras And Superbs. It was quite evident that the Rapid was their highest selling car. My Rapid had been parked in front away from the rest of the cars so that identification would be simpler. The car was Shining and spectacular. But I was shocked on seeing the other cars at the yard, 80% of the other cars had the new Skoda Logo whereas mine only had their Old logo with the green and chrome. So fairly disappointed I left the yard and told Mr. Sukumar that this car was unacceptable and that I would require a car with the new logo. They expressed that there was no Red available with them with the new logo. I also gave them an option to re-badge the car and give it to me. They kindly asked me to come by the showroom to discuss the matter in person. I headed there with a friend. We were introduced to a Mr. Moorthy who tells us that the car that they allotted to us was ordered by Gurudev only towards July end and that Skoda has given them this car. And there was not much they could do. They refused to re-badge the car as they said these were practices that they did not want to indulge in saying that the company fitment was the best. They offered to let me buy the new logos when they arrived as spares at the service centre. I did not budge and told them that it was not possible for me to have a car which was a January manufacture let alone with the old logo. Then Mr. Moorthy showed me his order list and the cars that had arrived just now at the yard in which there were a few rapids of the same model. In which 2 cars stood out of which 1 was a white Rapid manufactured in January with the new logos ,and a March Manufactured with the old logos. Here i was presented with 4 options.

Option 1 : Stick to the January Manufactured car and take delivery on Friday.

Option 2 : Wait till Gurudev Receives a recently manufactured Flash Red Rapid with the new trend badging which could take a minimum of 2 months.

Option 3 : Go for the March manufactured car, with no re badging on the cars.

Option 4 : Go for the July Manufactured White Rapid with the new logos.

The January '13 Manufactured Car

20130905_115249.jpg

Skoda's with the new logo :

20130904_125024.jpg

The ' New trend logo ' ( As Gurudev Motors quoted ) :

20130904_124743.jpg

My Reply :

I told them that i'll go for the march vehicle itself and that I would still like to do a PDI and on confirmation they can process the car.Since the insurance was done outside of Skoda I had my insurance agent keep everything ready so that as soon as I give the approval the policy can be handed over to Gurudev and they can proceed to registration.

PDI - 05.09.2013 ( Thursday )

I go for the PDI with another friend. This time Mr John is present at the yard to help me carry out the PDI and assist me. He was greatly helpful and the PDI was conducted. The car was satisfactory and Gurudev was given the go ahead. The insurance agent was given all details and the policy was ready and delivered to Gurudev Motors

My Rapid :

first look ( Thats Mr. John helping with the PDI )
20130905_114553.jpg

The rear :
20130905_114613.jpg

Sweet Surprise :
Mr. Sukumar told me that since the PDI was done and insurance was delivered and form 20 signed . The car would go to the RTO for registration on Friday and that delivery could be done on Saturday. Oh , the joy

Delivery & Demonstration :

Delivery was scheduled for 6PM at Gurudev Motors. Since earlier appointments had gotten over sooner than expected me and my Family arrived at Gurudev Motors at 5.30 Pm

-Second First Look

20130907_173409.jpg

The side view :
20130907_173558.jpg

( If you look closely above the Indicator the Leisure badge is missing )

The Car was Gleaming, and I'm sure I creeped a few customers at the showroom when they saw my huge smile. But was shocked to see that the Leisure badging wasn't installed and the door sills also were not installed yet. On inquiry we were told that the Leisure Edition was merely an accessories pack which was installed after registration of the car and since we were a bit early these were not installed and Mr. Sukumar also wasn't available. But still all the procedures took place very smoothly and there was no hassle. The papers were signed and we were taken for the demonstration. By now the Leisure badging was installed and the door sills were also done but the no. plate wasn't there, there was a slight mix up on it. They told us that it would be ready on Tuesday because Monday was a govt. holiday. But then after some small checks it was found to present and that too was installed. The no. is TN 07 ** 5200 . Not bad for a non fancy no. eh ? The demo was given, Each and every feature was explained along with a few tips and tricks on using the car in various situations. All this was done and a small Pooja was done on the car and we headed off . The whole process was good and i can't complain.

Thread Starter #2
Re: Skoda Rapid TDi - Remapped By CODE 6 Tuning ...continued part 2

Initial Reactions :

The car felt so much more solid compared to the Verna . After driving the Verna for the past month the Rapid was soo much better. The car was more stiffer than the Verna . They first stop we made was to the Petrol Station. It was a different feeling having to tell the attendant to put diesel instead of the usual petrol as I've been accustomed to for so long. The tank was filled and we drove back slowly and steadily.

Brother's meet.
20130908_152004.jpg

( Verna is brother's ride )

Paint Sealant :

The car was given the Paint Sealant Treatment after 3 days from delivery at CarCares on OMR, decided to go with them after hearing lot of good reviews from friends and various forums. It costed about 2300 INR for it. The process took 3 hours for completion. Their driver came and picked up the car at 4.30pm and delivered it home back at 7.30 pm . The quality will be judged soon. The shine is immaculate as of now.

Reflection
reflection.jpg

After the rains :
Screenshot_2013-09-11-14.png

Deeper in love with the Czech chick :

Have driven the car for about 800 kms so far. It’s been an absolute joy. Haven't yet calculated the mileage yet. Drove the car for its first constant trip of more than 50 kms without any stops from Vadapalani to Potheri today. With 7 of my friends cramped in the car and the boot full of luggage managed to do 140 kmph easily with 30% throttle left on 5th gear. At first didn't realize was doing so much till I had a glance at the Speedo . Car was extremely planted . Had no problem at all. Now totally pleased with my decision on the car .

Picture as of 24-Sept-2013:

20130915_184205.jpg
20130915_185237.jpg

Note : The above post is based on my opinions and does not mean any harm or insult to any individual/organisation whats so ever. It is purely my sole thoughts. No offence.

Pipeline as of 24th sept 13' :
Skoda Horn ( Pending )
Taillight tint ( Done )
Alloys & Tires ( Done )

Black Roof ( Pending )
Monte Carlo Grill ( Done )
New trend Logo ( Pending )
IND No. Plate ( Done )
ICE ( Pending )
REMAP ( Done )

FFW to 01- OCT - 2013 :

Pondy Drive 01.10.13

Went till Pondy . We did a drive of about 400 kms today, this includes roaming around Pondy for the best watering hole. The car was great, pulls to 140 very quickly even when revs are low. Shift at 3500-4000 rpm each gear and you can find 160 170 coming much quicker. But car is bit sluggish post that, and i havent got the confidence to push it more than that. The whole drive was done with a heavy right foot and WOT where ever possible. The drive back in the night was for sure more terrifying the headlights throw is relatively sad and it begs for an upgrade for highway driving. Was having a semi race of sorts with a Sunny and took it down hands down. Overtaking is a breeze in this car in 5th gear. at about 130 car is doing about 2500-3000 rpm and a light tap on the pedal gives you all the speed you need. The car has now completed 1500 kms with the end of this trip. The mileage I recieved is about 12kmpl when calculating by fuel filled which i dont feel is bad considering the enthusiastic driving that took place. I think the best time to drive to pondy would be early morning when minimal traffic , ample light and great lighting for mini photoshoots.
Will update photos soon.

FFW to 16- OCT - 13'

Mod #1 -

So finally got some time and decided to get some work done on my ride.
I got my cars taillights tinted.

Reason for tint :
Why I decieded to get tint was because its a fully reversible process. So when I want to sell we can remove it. Or when we get bored of it we can remove it.

Installation :
The tint was installed at Harish Auto Accessories, Pudupet.
The reason I got it done here was because a few of my friends have done it here before and quality was great and price was also good.

We started with the Rapid. Decided to tint the whole taillight black.

Pictures :

So here is a pic just after installation.
rapid back tint.jpg

Side Profile :
side view.jpg
Back view with parking lights on.
back view.jpg

Low beam on, at night inside the carpark. I think it looks the sexiest now.
back night.jpg

Review of tints. - Rapid
It gives a black look at all times. It does reduce the brightness but not to drastically as to make it a bane. During the day if feel that the brake light is a little less but then again you have to be nearly blind to not notice the light. At night its a different story all together, it looks much better at night. Before the brake light used to be very bright and used to give a blurred effect. Now I feel the tint has reduced the brightness to the perfect level at night and now when the low beam/parking light is on at night you get a perfect ' C ' shape on the light. And the brake light has a clear cut red. Makes it really nice. All together a good mod.

Satisfaction Level :

Looks - 9/10
Installation - 9/10
Quality - 8/10

P. S :

If any of you see this post and thing Harish is a good choice i will advise you against it. He WAS good. Attitude and arrogance along with loss in quality and raise in price has rendered him pretty bad nowadays and I wouldn't suggest him to anyone.

Got a few things done.

#1 Headlight Bulb upgrade to - Phillips X-Treme Vision 55/60W H4 Bulbs

Reason ? Well couldn't see anything with stock bulbs. Highly dangerous for any form of night drives. All #Skoda #rapid owners were facing the same problem .These were such a problem that after a night drive decided that enough is enough and if skoda has a problem with it, they can eat sh*t. Chandru Auto Stores suggested going in for these bulbs as adding 90/100 would involve me using relays and this would be detectable by skoda. Hence got these bulbs. They just replace the stock bulbs. No need of any relays or wiring. And boy do they make a difference. Now I can actually see something at night. I was told it will give about 30% of a difference but it's giving me atleast a feel of 50% . Now night drives have become more safer and better since I no more have tension about visibility. Will post photo's of stock vs the X-treme vision. Compared this with my friends Vento which has 55/60W Osram Night Breakers and these seem slightly better, by about 5 %. Sid S this could also be your solution.

Cost - 1200 for 2. +50 for labour or tax no idea so Total = 1250 INR

The Philips X-Treme Vision 55/60 H4 Bulb's
bulb xtreme.jpg

Chandru Auto Stores, GP Road is a brilliant shop with a fellow friend from another forum. I have no profitable or financial connection to them and as an unbiased review can tell you that they are THE Best store in GP Road giving customers what they want from your normal accessories shop to High end ICE, detailing products etc.

#2 Got IND- No. Plates also added along with Holders.

These Plates seem more aesthetically pleasing than stock. Got the holder so that there needs to be no use of any double sided tape and no screws can also be seen.
These plates are also inspired by the German Plates I think.

Here's a pic of the front
ind front.jpg

Cost - 1000 for the plates. and 600 for 2 holders = 1600.
Found a guy to do the same plates for 850 later.

5000 KMS FLASHBACK

5000kms down the line and what did I feel about the car ? Love, passion and many other feelings that I dont know the words for.

It had been a good 4 months and 2 days of ownership of the car and its been amazing with its large chunks of ups and small morsels of down's.

Some speedo shot's
5000.jpg
Sadly missed the 5000 pic.

After owning the car for so long here is a list of pro's and con's IMO

Pro's

* Free revving motor
* Great FE
* Great build quality
* Good power. Leaves you only hungry for more.
* Great torque at low RPM's also.
* Fair comfort.
* Attractive design coupled with the Flash Red paint attracts lot of looks.
* Fun filled car.
* Bone chilling A/C, have never crossed 1 on the blower very rarely 2.

Con's

* Noisy engine, very noisy but then again it's a diesel car.
* Needs to be driven well to extract good FE
* Lot of squeaks and rattle's . Less compared to many but still got a few weird sounding sounds
* Handling is good but not great.
* Bad OEM ICE. Compared to other cars not bad actually.
* Huge hump on the floor in the back.
* Lack of USB, Bluetooth.
* Apollo tires, not sure weather it's cause of my driving but seems to be wearing off quickly.

Here is the FE recorded and calculated through the app aCar Management on Android.
fe.png
Update's

Window's Tinted. - 5% VLT

I know it's illegal but I couldn't stand the heat and the black tints really make the car look much much better. Saw another red Rapid the other day with no tints and realised the difference it makes to the looks.

Tint used - Garware5
Cost - 1400

Review :

Well mainly the only reason I went for Garware was .. it's cheap. So eventually when cops catch and tear away a window or 2 it will be cheap to redo. Although the visibility of garware compared to 3M is poor but it's not bad. At night its a bit difficult to see but you get used to it. Reversing is a bit tricky but thank god I have sensors and the reverse cam cause without that reversing in a slightly dark area is purely guesswork.

The reason I got 5% VLT.. well I realised that if I put 20%VLT also cops are going to catch so might as well put 5%

Here are some pics

Before :
before tint.jpg

After :
after tint.jpg
after tint 2.jpg

7500KMS First free check up .

Got this done some time back. It was a good day at Skoda . They are not as bad as I thought they were. The SA was knowledgeable and sane.
Booked appointment at 9.30 and waited in the poor lounge for delivery . Told all my issues to be rectified.

1) A/C cooling seemed to have reduced - Pollen filter cleaned and system checking for leaks . Now its freezing again
2) Coolant top up - Done and they didn't even charge me
3) Rattling noise from rear parcel tray - Story below
4) Weird noise from doors due to beading's - Beading's removed cleaned lubricated door hinges and now no noise
5) Fix mudflap - Done .

Rattling noise from parcel tray

This sounded like a metal coming in contact with each other noise. The SA noted this and said it was a one off case. They interchanged the coil springs hoping for change but in the test drive found out it was no use. The driver called a tinkerer and the guy fixed it or so I thought. He rearranged the foam that was there already, this stopped the noise for 1 day and it was back to normal. So the 1 hour they took to fix it and the 3 kms in numerous test drives were pointless. Yet to find time to go back to the ASS to get this fixed.

Bill - 0

Overall experience

Punctuality : 10/10 ( I was properly informed at all times about the duration )
Quality : 7/10 ( the changed the springs to no avail and the noise is back )
SA : 7/10 ( he did a good job on the day but later called and complained and he failed to follow up even though he said he would )
Price : 10/10 ( So far no money so 10/10 )

To be continued. .

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
Giving soul to a Rapid TDI - A CODE6 Tune.

Now anyone who has driven a Rapid with the TDI engine will say it's a car that is pretty enjoyable in stock form, good enough torque for the city and highway. Enough to overtake with a slight push of the A pedal on the highway and oodles of torque to make it very easy to drive in the city and giving it a very FTD factor in my opinion.

So why Remap the car then ?

Ever since I read ownership reports on forums about rapid's and then remapped I just wanted one thing and it was to own a rapid and remap it ( yes I wanted to remap it before i owned it ) Now with very very great parents I could own a rapid and after driving it I was more than satisfied. But then as time goes on and being the enthusiasts that we all are you start getting to the limits of what you have and me being a slow person took me a good 6 months to really find the limitations and boundaries of the Rapid in it's stock form and then I got bored. And as a student owning a car was a big deal changing it every time I got bored was unreal. Beyond that with reading the reports of other remapped rapid's the only thing left to do was to follow my initial plan and remap it and venture into more daring and enthusiastic drives.

So who do I remap it with ?

This was always tricky question. Initially thought of a certain tuner and then completely changed.
My options AFAIK were :

Kiirus
Tune-O-Tronics
CODE 6 Tuning
Pete's.

Now I knew what each tuner offered. AFAIK, Kiirus and Pete's get their fixed set of map/s from some tuning company abroad and uses the tuner-locked equipment (Slave unit in tuner-parlance) to remap the car - They don't seem to have have any ability to write own maps. Where as TOT and CODE6 had Master-tuning capabilities and could write their own maps. Now with writing your own maps the tuner can offer the individual near countless options in way the engine would react with the new map. So it was settled, I wanted a truly custom remap where I would have a good amount of choice of how I would like the car to behave. So now my options narrowed down to TOT & CODE6.

CODE6 it is, why ?

Mainly because I joined ********* I had more exposure to the CODE6 team Anoop and Sajan and what they were up to and how they formed and found that they really knew their stuff and don't fool around. Reading old threads and posts on various you could tell that you can trust your car with them. And the other fact was everyone I saw on the forum's who ever remapped their cars after CODE6 was formed got it done with them( code6). Now I knew few in Chennai who got their rides mapped by CODE6 and they were absolutely in love with their cars. And then I finalised in my mind that I would remap with CODE6. Now all I had to do was to save up for the remap and everyone knows with a student pocket money that isn't easy .

Bookings open :

Contacted Code6 and booked my remap around January and gave them my lifetime savings. No regrets . Time passed couldn't find time to hit Bangalore and remap with engineering project's and exams and bro's marriage right around the corner and it kept getting postponed. And the wait goes on.

The CODE6 Remap :
And finally in JULY after no planning me a few friends left to Bangalore in the Rapid and a Polo GTD. On route found myself wishing I got the Polo GT TDI instead cause it was a lil bit faster but was excited that while coming back to chennai it's gonna be a whole new story. Reached BAY6 at 11AM.

.1.jpg

Got the ECU out after some chit chat.

2.jpg

Then the ECU was out and on the bench and my heart in my hand. With all my well wishing friends scaring me that I was gonna stay in Bangalore for a while cause my ECU will break and my car would be stranded kept me on edge but I was calm that CODE6 knew what they were doing.

3.jpg

All done and ECU unlocked put it in the car and this is what happens

And it starts. My car is alive after the surgery and perfectly Sajan arrives.

Till then was asking Anoop how much power he would give me and he told he'll give me 138WHP and we'll tweak it for me. I was like YAY.

Then Tadu comes I ask to give me the most powerful and safest map and Anoop[ tell's Tadu that I'l be given a 138hp map and then Tadu gives me a 145WHP map. And OH THE JOY .

Load the map, and we are off for a test drive with Anoop at the wheel, I could feel the torque increase like mad but never got the exact feel of the new difference as I've never experienced the car in stock from the driver's seat as well. So get in to the captains seat and dammmmm she's fast. The difference was mental there was nothing not to love of the car. With me satisfied we went back to BAY6 to rejoice and the gods correctly bless me with a free foam-wash .

The Drive Back :

Was asked not to stress the engine too much cause it was due for an oil change. But revved it up till about 3.5k and did few small bursts of WOT ( wide open throttle ) and the car just keeps on going without any loss of momentum. The torque is so spread out and linear that till date I'm not able to correctly find out at which RPM I'm hitting peak torque. I'm guessing about 2500 to 3k but you never know. The stock car would lose momentum after 150 on the ODO now the car pulls hard all the way till 180. Haven't ventured past that yet.

Kitna Deti Hai ?

Well this is very tricky. The FE is directly proportional to the way you drive. For the way I drove from Bangalore to Chennai I managed to juice out about 18kmpl or more. Basically did BLR-CHN in quarter tank of fuel. Mind you it took me lil less than half tank to make it to Bangalore. The FE in city for the way I drive which is pretty fast (could also be called semi rash ) and with lot of gear shifts. By mentality I upshift at 2.5k rpm and sometimes in 3rd gear and above hit 4k and then shift. Now with all that and then my occasional slow slow drives I got about 10kmpl . I desperately need to change my driving style.

In City Driveability :

The car has become much more easier to drive in city. The torque helps in fewer gear shifts and easier overtaking ( no more down-shifts ) . I feel it's point and shoot after about 1600 rpm. Let the needle cross a little above 1500 and then hold on to your seat. I've also found that the faster and rasher I drive the better is my FE .

The other day took off from a red light on Chennai's IT road a.k.a OMR road. Took off at Madhya Kailash signal and floored it completely and then at Indira Nagar station ( about 1.0 kms ) mental speedo is thinking 140 and then look at the speedo and 160 . Thought of keeping the A-pedal pinned down a little longer and see how much more I could do but responsibility and road sense kicked in and dropped the speed to about 80 .

Overall Experience :

The remap is a must for any Rapid TDi driving enthusiast. It completely changes the way the car behaves. It changes the way you perceive the car. It used to be fast now is a mini rocket. If any Rapid owner is doubtful on whether or not to remap, all I would say is it takes one drive in this car to make up your mind.

There is only one thing I could say to summarise the above :

5.JPG
6.JPG

If any of you have any questions feel free to ask . Will try and explain to the best of my ability . Thanks for reading : )

Attachments

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Giving soul to a Rapid TDI - A CODE6 Tune.

An Exemplary detailed update provided by you Nitin. The car with those superb upgrades looks fabulous and the SKODA does always looks great in Red shade. Its not about kitna deti hai now rather its more about kitna bhagti hai[clap]. Have a suggestion for you, as you have a good knowledge on remaps and tuning, can you begin a new thread about benefits of Remapping and a bit detail about diesel tuning box?

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #7
Re: Giving soul to a Rapid TDI - A CODE6 Tune.

An Exemplary detailed update provided by you Nitin. The car with those superb upgrades looks fabulous and the SKODA does always looks great in Red shade. Its not about kitna deti hai now rather its more about kitna bhagti hai[clap]. Have a suggestion for you, as you have a good knowledge on remaps and tuning, can you begin a new thread about benefits of Remapping and a bit detail about diesel tuning box?

Regards

Akash
Skoda always did justice to the red. And many thanks for the appreciation.

Surely will post the thread by this week time on what all I know. But it's not much [:)]

Thread Starter #8
Lot of updates have happened. But I will cut to the chase instead of dragging this thread for pages.

After the remap car went to service at 15.7k Kms . Service was done and cost was about 8000.

After that the lower underbody plastic cladding broke after hitting a stone and that cost 1250 to replace at A.S.S..
The RHs RVM got hit by a biker and the mirror fell off. Went to A.S.S. and got it fixed at the cost of 259/ ( including 2%cc charges + vat )

At 25k Km's sent the car to A.S.S. for the free 40 point checkup. The car was found to be perfect except for low oil so about 1L was topped up at the cost of 940/-

The car is now at 26.7k and i did the oil service at bay6 Bangalore.
We used shell helix ultra diesel - 4.3 litres
Replaced stock air filter with the k&N filter.
And the other usual stuff like fuel filter, oil filter , coolant flush, brake clean up etc.

And I was at bay6 (HQ of Code6 ) I also got a new map for my car.
The current map is a stage 2 map. With EGR off.

The car is way more powerful than before. The drive ability has majorly improved. With the new map the car feels more like Usain Bolt on steroids . Haven't done any speed runs etc. but did a small test run on elevated express way in b'lore yesterday and managed to do a max speed of 185, couldn't do more cause of traffic. The best part of this map is even when I was pushing 185 my coolant temp didn't cross 103 degrees. This is way better than stock. So my engine is running cooler and faster. I can honestly say this is the best rapid I have driven so far and has enough power to kill its elder brothers ( Jetta Octavia etc. )

Next up : SLIPSTREAM Exhaust for lesser back pressure and more power. This will also include removal of the CatCON.

Last edited:
Hi,
Congratulations on your new Skoda Rapid. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.
Whether the Re Mapping don't hurt the engine?

Thread Starter #11
I had read your thread in the other forum. In fact you wanted a name for the car and I had suggested "Red Light District". Remember?

I remember you peter And your white pressure cooker :)

Hi,
Congratulations on your new Skoda Rapid. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.
Whether the Re Mapping don't hurt the engine?
Hi. The car is not new anymore it was purchased in 2013. And has clocked 26k now with no issues.

Remapping wont hurt the engine as long as its done by a good tuner and the user of the car has the respect for the car to deive it and maintain it properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #12
Some more updates guys,

At about 26k kms the AC Unit completely conked off nd thank goodness the car was under warranty and hence this was replaced under warranty.

And now at 30k my second set of brakes have worn out. Swappin the rotors as well as breakpads.

The rotors will be trw/hella and break pads are brembo red.

Work is being done at Ignite Chennai.

Thats all for now folks [:)]

Nice to hear from you. Good that your car was under warranty. I'm also waiting for my Re-map. I was thinking of doing it together with my Duke 390 Re-map. I just need to get 5-6 Duke / RC 390 guys together and see when the Code 6 team visits Goa.

Thread Starter #14
Nice to hear from you. Good that your car was under warranty. I'm also waiting for my Re-map. I was thinking of doing it together with my Duke 390 Re-map. I just need to get 5-6 Duke / RC 390 guys together and see when the Code 6 team visits Goa.
All the best [:)]

Heard the 390 post remap is pure violence. And makes few very brave people i know real scared. [clap]

Top Bottom