A Pearl White XUV 5OO W8 FWD - Jagluiperd Comes Home

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAI'ans,

As the family grew a bit bigger I always wanted a Conventional Seven Seater.
Started looking out for options,
1st option was the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZDi
2nd was The All New Refreshed Scorpio S10

Called up the Local Maruti dealer to get details about the Ertiga and while talking about exchanging my exsisting VW Polo Tdi CL the sales person immediately offered me a valuation and TD. Within a hour i get a call from the Sales Advisor to get directions for my home but I requested him to do the TD of the Ertiga someother time, All happened and family was kind of not ok with the Ertiga's looks. So dropped Ertiga.

Called up the Mahindra dealer at Coimbatore and they directed me to the local Mahindra dealer at Ooty and got a call from RM Vikram who was very courteous and soft spoken. The same evening Mr. Vikram came home and gave us details of the prices and other specifications of the Scorpio. Thats when suddenly our eyes went on to the next page which said "XUV 5OO Price list and feature list" A mere 2Lacs difference between the Scorpio and the XUV 5OO??

Next week we hit the Mahindra Showroom in Coimbatore to check out the Scorpio, As usual like how many others complain, No AC inside the showroom on a sunny mid-day. while we did not really complain about the AC, we checked the Scorpio and suddenly my mom said the XUV is looking good and all our eyes drew near to the Pearl White XUV 5OO on display, we spoke with a sales person there who gave us valuable info and demo on the XUV and we left home.

After a couple of days we called up Ooty Mahindra CAI Industries to evaluate our VW Polo and on the same day after a few nego we let off the Polo and booked the XUV5OO with the amount we sold the Polo for.
The same day I requested a TD of the XUV5OO but as the showroom had to get the TD vehicle from their HO in Coimbatore I waited for almost a week. I had driven my friends XUV5OO W8 which was of the initial batches but all that was in the plains. Wanted to test and feel how the XUV 5OO performs in the hills as we will be primarly using the car in the hills of Ooty.
The TD was a white 2013 XUV 5OO W8 AWD which had an odd 34000kms on the ODO. Did a extended testdrive with my dad and my twin boys, The TD was good except for some wierd noise from the front wheels which I did not bother. My boys were really excited wit the acres of space in the second row and the individual reading lamps, soon the lights were playing disco in the TD vehicle. Whole family was completely satisfied and were sold on the XUV5OO and we went further with the buyin process.
A few pics of the Test Drive Vehicle (CAI Industries) : Experience The Thrill

So when you notice the last pic where the back of the test drive vehicle pops out of our Porch one can come to an conclusion on why we had to sell our Polo and get home a XUV 5OO, Horrible roads i'd say!

Attachments

Thread Starter #2
Now comes the buying experience.
After the TD was done and on the next day we paid off the rest of the amount excluding the 6lacs we had decided to get a loan. As my mom was entitled for a cut in rate of Interest at Axis Bank we applied for a loan and the same was sanctioned in a couple of days but there was a mis-communication between the Bank and the Dealer, the bank sent a mail that the loan amount will be transferred online RTGS while the loan amount was actually sanctioned via a DD. With a whole lot of confusions for over a couple of days the Bank staff finally discovered the DD from a colleagues tray [clap]
But as the time was 11.30AM while the DD was dicovered the car could not make it to the RTO for Temporary Registration (yes I live in a place where they just have a branch of the dealership so to get the car registered at my RTO i need to do a Temp Regn) and more over being friday had to wait till Monday to get the car.
Again on Monday I decide to get the XUV5OO directly from the main Showroom at Coimbatore so took a taxi to the showroom from home which is about 80kms far.

We reached the Showroom at around 4PM in the evening. By the time My RM Vikram called up their Head office and made arrangements to get my delivery butter smooth. Surprise this time the showroom had AC ON. Met Mr. Kumar who was supposed to deliver the car signed a few papers, All set and the Sales person gave us the booklets, documents, Purple club membership, chocolates etc etc and to mention a voucher for 15ltrs Diesel.
The Sales Person then guided us the delivery area where a car was covered with Red Satin Cloth and I guessed it would be ours, and meanwhile while traelling to the dealership from home i decided to name my XUV500 Jagluiperd which means Cheetah in Afrikaans , So I was all excited to see my soon to be tamed Jagluiperd ........

Jagluiperd had 49kms on the ODO and we did not get any accessories from the dealer. My dad received the keys and after a small prayer we leave the Showroom.

Filled up the tank at 50ltrs excluding the 15ltrs free Diesel, ie the vehicle had around 5ltrs diesel while delivery and 49kms on the ODO. We levave to Sun Enterprises where i usually get car accessories and got a set of 3D Kagu Maxspider mats for Jagluiperd at a discounted price of Rs. 6600/- and fitted it. Time was almost 7PM and we leave home form Coimbatore to Ooty with a dinner stop inbetween and we climb up the hilly Ghat Road and reach home at 10.30PM.

Attachments

Thread Starter #3
Now the Other Details in the Buying Process:

Sold the Polo to Mahindra First Choice.
Make: Volkswagen
Model: Polo
Variant: 1.2 TDi Comfortline
Year: Feb 2012
Mileage: 37500kms
Warranty : None
Accidents: None
Issues: EGR Valve replaced under warranty once
Insurance : till 31-03-2015
Price Offered : 420000/-

Now coming to the cost and discount factors:
Dealer : CAI Industries Pvt Ltd - Ooty / Coimbatore

Actual Costs as on 27th Jan 2015 :
XUV 500 W8 FWD Ex Showroom Coimbatore : Rs. 1416083
Insurance : Rs. 40551 (National Insurance)
Temporary Registration : Rs. 8500 (I really dont understand why the dealers charge more for this)
Transportation Charges : Rs. 6870
Registration, Life time tax and Handling Charges : Rs. 217012
Number of our choice : Rs. 16000 (Advance number - for the number within the next 1000 numbers in the current series and current starting number of the day)

Discounts :
Exchange Bonus : Rs. 15000
XUV 500 Jan Discount for 2015 make : Rs. 19500

Freebies Given : A box of home made chocolates, a hanging type wording of a Biblical verse, 15ltrs Diesel Coupon, ON SPOT pic of the delivery and thats all, nothing much.

Accessories Purchased from Dealer :
Car Body Cover : Rs. 1400/-
Scuff Plates : Rs. 805/-

Accessories Purchased outside :
3D Kagu Maxspider mats : Rs. 6600/-
Godrej Aier cool surf gel : Rs. 349/-

Surprises:

While trying to reset the trip meter I accidentally reset the ODO and found ODO at 0kms while it was 169kms a minute back. Felt that the showroom guys had removed the speedo sensor and much more, called up the RM and explained him the issue and he said it may be cos of a loose sensor and he could tell only after inspecting the vehicle and i left home to the SC, on the way i found 2kms on the ODO and I immediately took a U turn and went back home thinking the issue was fixed on its own. later I came to know that the ODO can be reset to 0kms only once within 250kms.

Even after a week of delivery the person who has to explain me the features of the XUV5OO has not turned up !

Features which I really liked in this short drive of odd 300kms:

Like someone told "Every day is a diwali with those colourful lights on the instrument cluster everytime you turn ON the ignition"
Static Bending headlamps - This is very very useful while negotiating the hair pin bends of the ghat roads.
Hill Hold : very useful while on a traffic up hill. Idiots behind you always tend to kiss the bumper.
Power Windows can be closed even with the ignition OFF, remember only close and not open.
Lots of storage space and individual reading lamps.
Conversation mirror, to keep track of my naughty boys belted in the rear seats during school trips.
More on the days coming.

Hates :

Horn. Why Mahindra? I'd rather get down and warn people that a two and a half tonner is behind you! My Pulsars Horn was way better.
Low beam again a down! But still better that my previous Polo.
No AUTO UP function for the power window, and no closing of windows from the remote key Fob.
Limited view of the rear from the internal rear view mirror.
Finding little hard to find parking space [frustration]

Pics after 5 days from Delivery and 169km +162kms on the ODO :

Attachments

Thread Starter #6
Hello and welcome to the cheetah club. You've got some really nice clicks in there.
In the meanwhile, you may want to check and comment my thunderbolt thread here-
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...oo-detailed-review-decals-audio-led-mods.html

and do feel free to drop a line in case you want any help.
Thanks a lot bhvm. During the process of buying I have silently followed your thread and had taken many points from it. I will be bombarding you with many questions, do excuse me.

Hates :

Horn. Why Mahindra? I'd rather get down and warn people that a two and a half tonner is behind you! My Pulsars Horn was way better.
Congratulations!

Just a small suggestion - stand in front of the XUV and ask someone else to honk for you. The horn is actually loud!

It is just that the noise insulation in the cabin of the XUV is so good that you feel that the horn is weak.

Congratulations on your Jagluiperd and wishing you many happy miles with it.
Nice set of pictures you shared.Hows your impressions on the hill drivings and those hairpin bends that your machine behaves, do share.
From polo to this xuv surely your boys would be loving the space they get for themselves.

Thread Starter #10
Hi,
Congratulations on your new Mahindra XUV 500. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.
Thank you Ambylovers for your wishes.

Congratulations!

Just a small suggestion - stand in front of the XUV and ask someone else to honk for you. The horn is actually loud!

It is just that the noise insulation in the cabin of the XUV is so good that you feel that the horn is weak.
Hi Raj_5004 Thank you, Noise Insulation is excellent, but then a crowded narrow street full of people is a issue to me. The cars horn sounds less that people even honking repeatedly dont move and only when the vehicle nears them, the realize a big cars behind them. This is where I miss the Polo's Horn.
Also my RM advised not to go in for extra horns like roots or Hella as it may interfere with the sensors and may damage wiring and also will void warranty.

Congratulations man and welcome to the club, It is one hell of a choice.

Feel free to contact for any issues or niggles.
Thanks a lot kinshuk.arya.

Congratulations on your Jagluiperd and wishing you many happy miles with it.
Nice set of pictures you shared.Hows your impressions on the hill drivings and those hairpin bends that your machine behaves, do share.
From polo to this xuv surely your boys would be loving the space they get for themselves.
Thanks lot Vijay, Yes my boys just love the plenty of space in the middle row, they get to enjoy that only when the vehicle is parked, rest other time they are properly buckled, indeed movin to XUV 5OO from Polo is like a child playing on the dias of a classroom and child playing in the play ground.[:D]
My Initial impression on hill driving is compared with the polo at the moment. No turbo lag, the huge SUV does not have body roll but while running downhill at high speeds and sudden maneuvering there is a good amount of body roll, Its got more than enough power and a good GC to tackle bad roads.
Static bending headlamps and Hill hold assist and hill decent assist are adding more comfort, however hill decent control gives you a perfect blend of control and at the same time it may bore a experience Hill driver too. I have just done odd 400kms on the hills so more on hill driving will follow in the coming days.

Hi Raj_5004 Thank you, Noise Insulation is excellent, but then a crowded narrow street full of people is a issue to me. The cars horn sounds less that people even honking repeatedly dont move and only when the vehicle nears them, the realize a big cars behind them. This is where I miss the Polo's Horn.
Also my RM advised not to go in for extra horns like roots or Hella as it may interfere with the sensors and may damage wiring and also will void warranty.
Your RM has no idea of what he is saying!

Additional horns do not interfere in any way with the sensors. I have installed Roots Windtone 90 in my XUV (the ones which sound like Skoda/VW/Benz) and it works like a charm.

Just make sure you use the horns in the stock location, that ways you do not need additional wiring nor will you have to cut any wires.

Thread Starter #12
Your RM has no idea of what he is saying!

Additional horns do not interfere in any way with the sensors. I have installed Roots Windtone 90 in my XUV (the ones which sound like Skoda/VW/Benz) and it works like a charm.

Just make sure you use the horns in the stock location, that ways you do not need additional wiring nor will you have to cut any wires.
Wow Thanks alot for the info Raj_5004. Now this is news. I have Hella red grill in all my cars and i'd love to have the Hella Red Grill on the Jagluiperd as well, but my doubt is will the Hella's draw more power / current through the stock wires or does the power supply is sufficient to use a Hella on the existing set up without over heating or burning of wires?

Wow Thanks alot for the info Raj_5004. Now this is news. I have Hella red grill in all my cars and i'd love to have the Hella Red Grill on the Jagluiperd as well, but my doubt is will the Hella's draw more power / current through the stock wires or does the power supply is sufficient to use a Hella on the existing set up without over heating or burning of wires?
Depends, I am not an expert in that. Go to a professional and get a relay installed if it is necessary.

Thread Starter #14
Thank you very much Raj_5004. Yes I am getting it checked with a professional.

Meanwhile the temporary regn papers from the district I got the car has reached my local dealer and registration will be done within Wednesday.
Confused in choosing number, options are 4050 or 4041 or 4100 or 4114 or 4141.
I like 4050 because it has a hype with people here at my place. keeping fingers crossed!

bhvm

Honoured Member
getmikeeboy,,
I was going to say the same, Get a relay installed. It will ease the current on wires and will also retain warranty, Just ensure no wires are cut. Ask the installed to use connectors and Joiners.

On a second thought, Stand outside and ask someone to honk. They're pretty loud anyways!
I have mentioned the same in my ownership review.

Else, don't you get long braking jerks on Hill descent Control? On my vehicle, The Brakes are applied somewhat sharply, then let go... Then Brakes... Then Let go..
Its very annoying to use HDC this way.

Top Bottom