Today being Sunday got ready on this rainy morning for Church.
Woke up Jagluiperd, cranked, engine roared, but the OBD Indicator on the Instrument cluster came LIVE.
The OBD Indicator glowing, At first I thought it is due to a fault in exhaust system, may be a faulty EGR valve or something (I was too early)
Considering my XUV driven less, a good 2000+kms and less than four months old I did not want to take a chance and took my SS80 to Church.
When I returned home I tried to check if the Malfunction light is still ON and yes it was.
As a typical Indian I opened the bonnet and had a peep, surprise found a banana skin on the battery, Yes A RAT the culprit.
Checked further and found this :
Now I have to take my vehicle to the ASS
which is 80kms away from my home town which includes a 40km down hill ghat drive.
1. As I have just found that RATS have chewed up the wire which is connected to the diesel filter (I think I am Right) , I am also thinking what if it had chewed up other wires too??
2. Should I tow the XUV or drive to the ASS
3. What If I drive and some shot circuit happens and some fire accidents happen?
4. Will the damage be covered under warranty? (Am I so greedy?) Shouldn't Mahindra make sure the wires are protected against pests? shouldn't the be inside a wired sleeve?
5. As of now I have placed a bubble trap / glue trap with a piece of coconut and vada to capture the RAT. (Check Last Pic)
6. Is there any way that I can use to prevent RATS entering into the engine compartment?
This is the first time this has happened in the last 18years. I'm a bit worried. Need your guidance guys.