Honda City 2015 - My Golden Brown Beauty

Thread Starter #1
First of all a big thank you to TAI for accepting my membership and giving me an opportunity to share the happiness and joy of owning the car of my dreams.

As this is my first write up Moderators please feel free to make corrections and changes

One thing that I have learnt from my wife - Dream and dream a lot, when you do that your dream does come true.

I love the Honda City(my dad owns 2012 city). When the 2014 Honda City was launched it was love at first sight. Every day after work I would park near Magnum Honda (Mekhri Circle - Bangalore), never once went inside the show room or took a test drive, would just sit in my car and look at the beauty.

Due to funds issue I knew I wouldn't be able to buy the car, but dreams are for free, so used to dream a lot about owning it. [:D]

Circa October.
Funds inflow started to improve and one fine day my wife gets up and says "lets book the new Honda City on Dhanteras". We both love to travel, I own a 2007 Esteem and we did want an upgrade. But Honda City? Funds?(I didn't want to take a loan)

From the news we knew than there is a 4 month waiting period due to halt in production, so we had time to arrange for funds and if not, will have to cancel the booking, so lets take the risk.

A week before Dhanteras, me my wife and brother in law walk into the Magnum Honda showroom for the first time, welcomed by the ever smiling and friendly sales assistant Ms. Mitra. They didn't have a petrol TD vehicle, so I drove the Diesel car and felt it was really underpowered (have only driven petrol cars, so I am not a good judge of Diesel cars). She offered to bring the Petrol TD car to our residence, but due to work schedule we didn't know when we would be available. Requested Mitra to keep a petrol TD car at the showroom on Dhanteras as I will do the TD and if all is well, will book the car.

Booking and Waiting Period
Come 21st October, petrol TD car VXMT is available. Drive feels the same as my dads city. Interiors were really good. Since it was love at first sight. I popped the question right there, "will you be mine" and the car said "My younger sister VMT golden brown will be yours". Engagement was done, paid the 51000 booking amount. No dowry in the form of discount or freebies was offered and I was fine with it.

Car was due to be delivered in Jan end or Feb.
Funds started coming in and by November end we had enough funds to buy the car and had extra.[:D]. Waited patiently till Jan first week, called up the SA was asked to call back first week of Feb as only then they would know the status.

Time just flew, called Mitra in feb and was informed that my car will be billed by Honda and leave the factory on 18th Feb. I was over joyed. Requested for the VIN details when the car leaves the factory. On 18th Mitra called me and gave the VIN(chassis) number. Checked it on TAI its a Feb 2015 baby.

The Car arrived on 24th Feb at Magnum Honda Kanakpura Yard, the last few days before car's arrival couldn't sleep didn't feel hungry as I was and still am in Love.

Arrival and Delivery Day

Arrival
The SA has changed and now the Team lead Mr. Sumanth is my point of contact, another very good person to deal with. I get the call from him on 24th the car has arrived and I can inspect the car the next day at the showroom(not at the yard as they didn't want me to see a car covered in dust). Next day i did go to the yard and I could see a sea of Honda city's, there were at least 100 of them sorry couldn't take any pics as forgot my phone in the car, but anyone waiting, cheer up as by the looks of it the waiting period is going to come down from months to a few days from now. I visit the Magnum Honda showroom at Kanakpura and Mr. Sumanth had made all arrangements over there I didn't have to wait and was taken to my Bebe(named by my wife), so according to my wife, bebe(our Honda city) is apparently our new born baby who is at the hospital and I have gone to see her, so I had to give bebe all my wife's love as bebe's mamma couldn't come. After lot of love and pampering I check the car, I have got Goodyear tyres and the car is done only 6 Km run on trip A and B(from yard to showroom). I cross check the VIN and its the same that was provided to me earlier, confirmed Feb 2015 make. The car is clean inside out, the tyres still have small hair like rubber. I just didn't want to leave. Thanked the person who took care of me. Took some pictures,there were City's parked bumper to bumper and door to door so pardon the quality of pictures.
Called up my bank and made the NEFT transfer. Went to Magnum Honda Mekhri circle showroom, met Mr. Sumanth for the first time, very good person, wife signed all the papers. Car will be delivered on Saturday(28th Feb) my time of choice. Additional accessories requested - rear parking sensor.

Some pics that I had taken, please pardon the quality as there were many City's parked bumper to bumper at the showroom.
Few more pics are here:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...2014-honda-city-first-look-page-12-a-115.html

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
Re: 2015 Honda city - My Golden Brown Beauty

D-Day
So finally D-Day is here. Last time I was so excited was, on my way for my marriage(this time i guess I was a bit more excited, hope my wife doesn't read this[;)]) . The time we have decided is 11:30 am. I pick up my dad n mom, as I wanted my dad to take the car out first. We reach at 11:30 am on the way picked up some sweets for the team and gift for SA. At the showroom we see the golden brown beauty parked and getting ready for delivery. My inlaws were a bit delayed, so after handing over the sweets and gifts, Mr. Sumanth took me for the PDI. I was so impressed with him as he was very detailed in everything and he covered more points than I had in my PDI checklist. In laws had arrived by then, showroom had arranged for a poojari. Pooja completed; my dad took the car out for the first time and we were all really proud and happy. A box of chocolates was given as gift to us. Went to check the paper work and again Mr. Sumanth very patiently explained all the documents in detail and even had made photocopies of all the documents for us to keep in the car. Thanked the team and left the show room with a big smile on our face.

The Car So far
I love the car.
My dad has a 2012 Honda City but he is so impressed with the interiors of this car. It's really upmarket and premium.
The suspensions are brilliant, there is a really bad patch of road near our house, but with the new city don't feel anything inside.
The panel gaps are gone completely and the fit and finish is excellent.
Even for a new car the gear is butter smooth.

Here are a few pictures of the delivery and the car parked next to my Esteem in our car park.
Thank you for reading my experience of owning a new car and sharing my happiness.[:)]

Attachments

Last edited:

Thread now LIVE from TIP - Thank you for sharing your joy [:)]

Best Wishes for many many safe miles!

Thread Starter #5

Thank you sir, it was a joy reading your ownership review and that's what made me fall in love with the golden brown colour.

Thread Starter #6
Hi guys just a quick question. I just saw my ODO and the FE says 11.9 kmpl almost 12 for the last 77kms that I have driven and this is all in bumper to bumper Bangalore traffic with AC always on. Am I reading this right? Is it actually 12kmpl? My car is Ivtec only 5 days old and total KM's done is 139. I have attached a picture for this.

Attachments

Hi,
Congratulations on your new Honda City. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues. Hope you are enjoying your dream which came True.

Thread Starter #8
Thanks Ambylovers, sure I am loving every minute of my dream that has come true [:)].
I see you are from Coimbatore, in fact we were based in Coimbatore for a long time, moved to Bangalore few years back. My Esteem is TN 37 and my dad's 2012 City is TN 66

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Dear Arun, Many warm wishes for owning the New Honda City. I too own one but that is a 2011 Ivtec model and other similarity being that I also own an Esteem VXi 2006 model and I too planned and booked my City IVtec on Dhanteras in 2011. Both the cars have been serving us well so far. I wish you have great experience with the car and may it always be as shining as it is now. Great Choice of Car and Color!!

The new generation Honda City is way better in Ground Clearance than 2011 model and definitely comes with improvised interiors. The car is hassle free from my experience so far. A sheer Value for Money purchase buddy.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #10
Thank you so much for the kind words and wishes Akash. I guess there is more similarity, as my dad owns a 2012 Honda City, so we have in common is an Esteem and a similar model City. Now that you really like the new city I guess you should gift yourself one and then with all the similarity we have, we will be brothers from different mothers. [:)]. Take care and happy driving.

Hey Arundude,
Congrats for your new rockstar buddy. Looks too good. That thread of yours was such a crisp, short and joyful one to read. So your City gets a separate parking bay too [;)]. Petrol motor on the City is a super joyful motor. My uncle has a 3rd gen City and boy oh boy when the needle swings to 7000 rpm.it's just a big grin on my face. Regarding your mileage buddy on the odo, I guess you need to be a wee bit patient buddy. Run in your engine buddy till 5000 kms and let it open up then mileage is sure to improve and since you have mentioned bumper to bumper traffic that's quiet standard for a petrol city. Take it out for a casual highway cruise at around 80 to 90 kmhr and try maintaining at eco zone and you can expect it to change. Anyways congrats once again and wishing you loads of happy miles in it.

Hi guys just a quick question. I just saw my ODO and the FE says 11.9 kmpl almost 12 for the last 77kms that I have driven and this is all in bumper to bumper Bangalore traffic with AC always on. Am I reading this right? Is it actually 12kmpl? My car is Ivtec only 5 days old and total KM's done is 139. I have attached a picture for this.
I believe its correct. I have 2009 Honda City i-vtec and I'm getting actual mileage from 10-11 on city without AC. The MID says +1 of that (i.e 11-12).

But you don't have to worry. Your car is still new and it should come across many services to give better mileage.

Keep driving and enjoy the ride. [:D]

Hi !!

Heartiest Congratulations for ANHC. Both cars which you have an Esteem & ANHC were my dream cars. Esteem was too costly to buy when I got my first Job in 2007 & by the time i could buy it's production was stopped. Second crush was always AHNC but due to cost constraints settled for CIAZ.

Both cars are wonderful & yes the Esteem is really maintained very nice & in very good condition. All credit goes to its owner.

Wish you Happy Miles Ahead.

Thread Starter #14
Hey Arundude,
Congrats for your new rockstar buddy. Looks too good. That thread of yours was such a crisp, short and joyful one to read. .
Thanks Aniruthan. I am sure you must be eagerly waiting for your city. Any Updates on your car so far?

I believe its correct. I have 2009 Honda City i-vtec and I'm getting actual mileage from 10-11 on city without AC. The MID says +1 of that (i.e 11-12).
But you don't have to worry. Your car is still new and it should come across many services to give better mileage.

Keep driving and enjoy the ride. [:D]

Thanks Buddy. The mileage in city is really impressive. I went on the highway and for 200 kms I got a FE of 21kmpl. Yes it was sedate driving constantly on 60Kmph, but really amazed with the FE.

Hi !!

Heartiest Congratulations for ANHC. Both cars which you have an Esteem & ANHC were my dream cars. .
Hi Ciazzz, thanks for your kind words, even though you didn't get the Esteem or the City, but you got a Ciaz which is an equally brilliant car. Hope you are loving every moment of owing the beauty and enjoying it too.

Thread Starter #15
Used the car cover provided by Honda today, it fits the car perfectly, but its very very thin material no protection from rain. I don't know if it will protect the car from dust as its very thin. Few pictures of the car under the cover.

Attachments

Top Bottom