Journey of My 'Beast' - Ertiga ZXI

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

I have been reading through multiple ownership and official review threads in this forum and on other different automotive forums and must say that people share their views and experiences so in detail and with passion that its helps a lot in decision making. Even I thought of so many points while going through these thread before reaching to a decision to spent 9+ lac on my Ertiga - I call 'The Beast'. [:D]

'The Beast'- yes the reason is simple because I had a Alto LX 2009 model and moving from 45bhp to a 95bhp 1400cc machine will definitely feel like a 'Beast'.

Its been now 8 months and 6500kms and I am loving it every single day. However there are few positives and negatives that I felt for this beast and I would like to share with you all. Though after long time I found some time to write down my experience and will continue the same.

First of all it cost me approx INR. 838000 for my Ertiga ZXI with alloy after a cash discount of INR. 16000 + INR. 3000 for a gold coin which I opted in cash discount. Almost INR. 40000 spent on accessories as well, which again depends on your personal preference how much sugar you want to pour to make things sweet.

Lets have some points below for this Beast.

Positives:

• Door locks at 30kmph itself.
  • Car like drive and handling.
  • Good interior space and ample leg space.
  • All safety features compulsory (Airbags, ABS+EBD)
  • Rear-defogger (works great)
  • Plenty of head space.
  • Movable middle row seats for comfort in third row.
  • Comfortable during long drives (done 3000kms in a week trip)
  • Power Windows
  • A small dead pedal
  • Excellent Mileage considering the size (got 22.3kmpl on highway. Surprised?).

Negatives:

• 9+ lac beast but no ACC.
  • No automatic folding ORVMs which now Ciaz has.
  • No split third row seats for practicality like Innova.

Before going for an MUV or an LUV as Maruti call it, I thought about going for new face lifted Ritz, Verna, Duster etc. However always thought that they are 5 seaters and more costlier then Ertiga if I go for the top model except Ritz.

I some how loved to drive the awesome Swift but just as an enthusiastic driver. In terms of rear space and interiors I don't like the black interiors. Even in high end cars like Audi, BMW and Mercs though the interiors quality is top notch the color scheme again matters.

Ertiga is based on the Swift and Ritz platform rather I should say stretched platform, hence I preferred to go for it. Also when I test drove the Ertiga petrol K14 engine was so smooth and silent that I thought it was not even running, unless you see the RPM needle is giving you a tempting look to rev hard.

The awesome practicality of using it as a 5 seater with ample of luggage space by folding the 3rd row also a big positive. Another thing that I realized after 2nd service was the awesome mileage this Beast can give on highway on steady speed.

In my recent trip of 3000km, on a stretch of 50km 6 lane highway, I drove my Beast at 60-70kmph (in general I drive between 90-130kmph on highways responsibly) and when I suddenly looked at the MID the AVG mileage was showing 22.3kmpl. I mean wooooow. A 1400cc 95BHP 7 seater petrol MUV and 22.3kmpl mileage. What else you expect from a machine. I did this to check what max this beast can achieve in terms of mileage, but the temptation to check the limits of its speed on an empty 6 lane highways was very high. In city I am currently getting 13 -16kmpl which is again great for Delhi's bumper to bumper traffic.

I also tried to test the 95hp of this beast on an empty highway and reached 170kmph[clap]. though I drove it for 5 min only at that speed as I was travelling with family and yes all seat belts were fasten. Safety always first before speeding.[:)]

Guys I will continue sharing my experience with my Beast and upload some snaps with you all later.

Thanks.

Hi,
Congratulations on your new Maruti Suzuki Ertiga. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues. Post some images to enrich your post.

Thread Starter #3
Hi,
Congratulations on your new Maruti Suzuki Ertiga. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues. Post some images to enrich your post.
Thanks a lot. I am uploading some snaps of my Beast. [:)]

My Beast when was 2 days old.

The aggressive front look with large headlights. With HID in eyes.

Some more snaps.

Just after a fresh bath.[:)]
DSC00318.jpg

Hand stitched steering cover.
DSC03625.jpg

Customized seat cover and door padding.
DSC03615.jpg

Enter with a glowing sign. Looks cool at night.
DSC03612.jpg

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
The Beast.
View attachment 161043

Sunlight protection. Effective and practical.
View attachment 161044

Third row.
View attachment 161045

The Beast is relaxing.
View attachment 161046

Achieving ultimate mileage.
View attachment 161047
Hi,
Great selection. I have Ertiga Zxi and I know how happy you must be

>> Sunlight protection. Effective and practical.
Where did you buy this? what is the cost? What is your feeling about the quality & usage?

I have 2 younger kids who are very mischievous. So I need your opinion.

Great buy ,have been following ertiga for a while, Petrol Zxi may be a first in this forum .

Last edited:
Congratulations buddy ,
Great choice of colors[clap] .Looks like you got yourself a handrest as well plz do Share details of price, brand etc.
IMHO 170 km/h is not safe at all . I drive my swift desel at 110-130 max . I never feel like driving above130 . Do develop habit of steady driving .

Thread Starter #10
Hi,
Great selection. I have Ertiga Zxi and I know how happy you must be

>> Sunlight protection. Effective and practical.
Where did you buy this? what is the cost? What is your feeling about the quality & usage?

I have 2 younger kids who are very mischievous. So I need your opinion.
Hi, Thanks.

I don't remember the price as its been several months, but I got them from Karol Bagh New Delhi. They are magnetic and four for each door. Fits the exact window size.

Thread Starter #11
Congratulations buddy ,
Great choice of colors[clap] .Looks like you got yourself a handrest as well plz do Share details of price, brand etc.
Thanks. Yes the hand rest is like a box to keep small things as well. Costs 900/- you can negotiate as well. No specific brand. I covered the top cushion with the door padding leather to match interior.

IMHO 170 km/h is not safe at all . I drive my swift desel at 110-130 max . I never feel like driving above130 . Do develop habit of steady driving .
Thanks man. Yes indeed its not safe in common highways. But if you are in a empty six lane expressway the 170kmph speed is nothing. I drove my friend's Audi A6 at 230kmph on Yamuna Expressway and the car was so stable as if I was at 130kmph. Speed can be handled depends on the machine and the road condition as well. I don't drive my 'Beast' above 120kmph as it is not made for speed. I also do not endorse over speeding. Thanks anyway.[:)]

Congrats Mavrick on your new car.

The seat covers & steering cover is the best I have seen Ertiga so far.
Did you buy these from MGA or outside?

Those sill plates really look good. Again did you order them online or brought them from MGA?

Thread Starter #14
Congrats Mavrick on your new car.

The seat covers & steering cover is the best I have seen Ertiga so far.
Did you buy these from MGA or outside?

Those sill plates really look good. Again did you order them online or brought them from MGA?
Thanks!

No the steering wheel and seat covers are custom stitched from Karol Bagh New Delhi. The sill plates are also from outside. You can find them in any big accessory shop. I didn't find any exciting accessories in MGA. Except I have added wooden panel kit from MGA for Rs. 5999.

Congrats for your new beast Mavrick[clap]
I own a LUV (ZDI) from last 1.3 years and I'm very satisfied with it. The steering wheel cover has been stitched superbly and looks like a OEM fit. Have to see if I can get it done in Pune with such a quality.
I too have installed the wooden interior styling kit which looks quite good.

Top Bottom