My Purchase Experience of the Italian Beast - Fiat Palio

Thread Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

This is my first official thread in TAI after my intro.

I was in search of finding a pre owned car for my own personal usage after giving My 800 to my dad.

FIAT was my first interest since i was looking for performance blended with the style. I was searching in the net for the car for almost a month's time. First I went & visited a used car dealer. He showed me a Palio which was driven brutally for 68000Kms. & the interior was not good. & the rate he quoted a price which i never imagined. It was 1.6Lakhs.

Then i decided to go in the net. I found few palio ads. I called them one by one & got lot of information about the cars & their conditions.

Finaly i got one car which attracted me. I fixed up an appointment with the owner for inspecting the car.

one fine morning, as per the appointment I went to see the car. It was parked inside a compound with the car cover on it. I was surprised by the looks of the car. It is a silver coloured ELPS model.The Bodyline was good. I drove the car for some distance to check the quality of the engine. I found that the engine is in pristine condition since it was driven only for 36K Kms in Almost 8 years. & one added advantage was also was there. It was a dual fuel car .i.e. Petrol & LPG. The interior was also neat except the dog furs in the carpet. I think it should be Labrador dog. The HU is a pioneer DEH 5650. But the speakers are nothing.
The car was having some scratches in the doors. One major setback was the roof. It was completely faded & paint patches were visible. But as for as I’m concerned Its Ok for me since I planned to paint the roof in black.
I opened the hood to see the engine condition. I got surprised, Because the engine bay was also neat & clean. I decided that, this car belongs to me. Then I finished the financials on the following week & drove the car back to my home[thumbsup].

Now she is completely taken cared by me & driven to her extreme abilities.
I am sure The beast will feed my hunger of speed & performance in the future.

Good report, but where are the pics? Have you painted the roof to black. I guess it must be looking great considering the fact that the body colour is silver.

Thread Starter #6
I'll Post the pictures ASAP.
Arkin I Paid 1.1 L for the Car. The Fuel Efficiency I'm getting is 10-11Kms in city. I haven't checked the FE in highway. I'm Planing for a 300Km trip on 21st. I'll post the driving experience after that.

Waiting for the pics. IMO Rs 1.1 lakh is a killer price for such a car. If I had a Palio, I'd rather not sell it at all than sell it at a pittance. I hope you keep your Pal(io) for as long as you can. I know of a Palio accident in which the palio was badly crushed when fell into a very deep ditch, but the owner walked out unscathed, and even got his mobile phone a day later. I've heard of many more such incidences, and I'm glad to tell you, you have the safest hatch you can buy within Rs 4 lakh.

Thread Starter #10
Arkin I bought this car for my personal use & will keep it atleast 1lakh Kms. Yes I knew this is the safest Hatch.

But great safty comes for a for a price. The car weighs more then a ton. & I have to compansate the milage for the safty.

350Z

Core Team
Nice experience, Italian Raider. Tell us about the ownership and maintenance aspect as well. Also eagerly waiting for some pictures.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #12
Hay Guys,

This is my Italian Beast. Soory for the picture Quality. I took it in VGA mode for lesser file size. Will upload a clear snap shortly.

The Roof is not yet completly painted. Its a trial Run.

When I first bought this car i was quit confidance that this car will atleast fulfill my economical budget.

The previous owner drove this car with petrol. But for me the usage will be more & petrole will not be economical. So the 1st thing i did is filled the gas to full. It took 17 Ltrs. I marked the trip to Zero. & the drive between petrol & LPG is Quit similar.

After a day or two i took the car for a spin. on that drive i noticed that there is an explosion happens in the engine when ever the car slowed & press the gas. that made me worry abot the total purchase.[frustration]

But later i found that it was due to one poor plug wire. I cheged the plug wire & now my beast is in its full force. The avarage i was getting in the LPG before was 7.5Km/L. But after servicing the Kit & changed the plug wire I'm getting 9.5-10.5 Km/L In city.

I'm happy with her now for the performance & comfy [thumbsup].

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
It's looking pretty good but these pictures are not doing the complete justice. Do you have some other enhancements on cards?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom